VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @VirMach said: I understand it may vaguely resemble that in terms of it taking longer than anticipated to resolve an issue maybe, but don't see the similarities anywhere else. Feel free to elaborate

Please understand I don't wish to stir things up and again say I am happy with your service (which is for me fast and reliable).
    What I was referring to was that you are known for not always updating the status page and having faults exist for many days. Users opening multiple tickets (because of slow response or notifications) are considered a nuisance and their response time drops further.
    If they are abusers then the service is stopped plus you charge for priority tickets etc.
    Perhaps consider how you are interacting with HV and how they are interacting with you.

Totally appreciate that for you, this is on a much bigger scale but to a small user of Virmach they have paid their pennies and to them it can be just as important.

Once again I am not trying to 'stir the pot' and know that you are genuinely working your balls off at all hours and have your priorities (which users don't always know).

Keep going <3

• @cybertech said:

@FAT32 said:
    Kinda exhausted / tired with work, can anyone recommend what are some good things to do other than buying more idle VPS?

exercise and sun.

push-up on the beach

Thanked by (1)FAT32

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@FAT32 said: I realised that my VirMach server has higher GB score now, is everyone idling like me?

Possibly related to the patch. It also included some tuning, but it's not that significant.

@FAT32 said:
    Kinda exhausted / tired with work, can anyone recommend what are some good things to do other than buying more idle VPS?

Start a VPS company.

• @FAT32 said:
    I realised that my VirMach server has higher GB score now, is everyone idling like me?

I have 7 services ,all of them are idle.

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • @Artemis said:

@VirMach said:

@Artemis said:

@cybertech said:

@Artemis said:

@cybertech said:
    i think Virmach is busy with the master server issue at the moment

Really..... anyone knows how much issues per day they will meet? hahaha

too many.

I think if they really wanna to slove the problem, it just take minutes

the comment for this refugee plan is "An rotational working"
    Eg Tyoc 007 works for jan, feb mar
    tyoc 0029 works for apr may jun.....

Maybe virmach can make a rotational monthly plan instead of a refugee ones

Both of these nodes are 99.9% uptime over last 6 months and the issues you're describing would only have affected a small fraction of customers, mostly related to spamming re-install requests as it was facing problems. TYOC029 was more complicated, definitely not "minutes" to resolve. I don't know what you believe we're doing this entire time.

@FrankZ said:
    @virmach, I expect that @Artemis may be on TYOC029 which has not shown an update on the status page for a while.

We've been getting lots of tickets about it as it usually goes for Tokyo and this was done purposefully in this case. We just have to treat that location differently, as every update would bring in a bunch of tickets asking follow-up questions and it was a complicated matter that we were trying to avoid doing forced migrations to Los Angeles for as a quicker solution. We essentially had to go through every VM affected one by one multiple times and maybe spend an hour on each of them and then in the end most of them needed to get loaded back in carefully from disaster recovery backups, and a ton of other issues I don't want to get into but essentially 80-85% of people were online this entire time so it's not as large of an issue as something like LAX2Z019.

We could've left controls unlocked during the time if it wasn't a guaranteed crash every 6 hours from button mashing.

Apologize for my word and thank you for your hard working..
    As my experience , the VM works perfectly just in the first month.
    And my friend's other virmach machine mostly work 99% like you say.
    But mine has been down for about 1 month.
    I understand it is a refugee plan, and you are not the UN High Commissioner for Refugees
    Just hope it can online quickly.

Thank you :)

Thanks the @VirMach And the united nation, My vps back to work now.

• @FAT32 said: Kinda exhausted / tired with work, can anyone recommend what are some good things to do other than buying more idle VPS?

Buy some Lifetime Deals? They idle almost as well.

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited August 2023

@FAT32 said:

Put the phone down, go for a walk, and look at the details in the things around you.
    Works for me.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• RIP Seattle. Looks like every server is down there.

@soulchief said:
    RIP Seattle. Looks like every server is down there.

We're not allowed to have a single day of peace, it's the way of the universe.

• So, what is the newest update on VirMach vs the-world-of-datacenters in Seattle? :D

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @FAT32 said:
    I realised that my VirMach server has higher GB score now, is everyone idling like me?

Can you beat 4649 geek bench 6?

@Jab said:
    So, what is the newest update on VirMach vs the-world-of-datacenters in Seattle? :D

Network status page updated with more information, but more importantly I'm thinking for tomorrow we could have the HVAC at QN LAX fail and then a grand finale by Friday, maybe have a government agency pull down our servers.

• edited August 2023

Seattle now responding..
    Redacted: pressed the wrong button (bookmark), d'oh!
    Most annoying that Seattle ain't stable, as that's one location where I'd like a live site (or three), to be hosted.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @JoeMerit said:
    Can you beat 4649 geek bench 6?

Yes.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-04-23                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed Aug 30 00:17:30 BST 2023

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 47 days, 23 hours, 11 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 8 @ 3499.996 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 7.8 GiB
    Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    Disk       : 78.5 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
    Kernel     : 4.15.0-20-generic
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:
    ISP        : Alibaba.com LLC
    ASN        : AS35913 DediPath
    Host       : Zenlayer Inc, Virtual Machine Solutions LLC
    Location   : Secaucus, New Jersey (NJ)
    Country    : United States

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 462.54 MB/s (115.6k) | 2.41 GB/s    (37.7k)
    Write      | 463.76 MB/s (115.9k) | 2.43 GB/s    (37.9k)
    Total      | 926.30 MB/s (231.5k) | 4.84 GB/s    (75.7k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 325.97 MB/s    (636) | 103.02 MB/s    (100)
    Write      | 343.29 MB/s    (670) | 109.88 MB/s    (107)
    Total      | 669.26 MB/s   (1.3k) | 212.90 MB/s    (207)

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1505
    Multi Core      | 6770
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/2433653

YABS completed in 6 min 39 sec

• @FAT32 nice. I didnt get that lucky but do have a few deals im considering keeping. $20 or under, all 4-5 cores and all 4-5GB of ram.

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • FAT32FAT32 OG
    edited August 2023

@JoeMerit said:
    FAT32 nice. I didnt get that lucky but do have a few deals im considering keeping. $20 or under, all 4-5 cores and all 4-5GB of ram.

To be fair this is the only VPS that beat the score and I am going to keep it forever. All my other VPS/Dedi didnt beat it. Plus since it is fair use I probably wont be able to use all anyway, but nice to perform some short burst of CPU intensive tasks

Based on my past record it was only about ~2000 GB5 so I do wonder what happened

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ZA_capetown
  • edited August 2023

Seattle is alive!

Edit: Seattle is dead.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint Ganonk
  • @soulchief said:
    Seattle is alive!

Edit: Seattle is dead.

Thanked by (2)ehab storm

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• Seattle is alive again. Thanks Virmach for your hard work.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • congrtas for my ticket 😃 image

@Ganonk said:

congrtas for my ticket 😃 image

This went on a permanent hold, it might have been flagged incorrectly in this case as I do not see any issues with your account. I've processed it.

Thanked by (1)Ganonk
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

my vps in SJO has been facing slow network mostly 50mbit/s (dedipath). is this an outlier or any plans to fix/migraine migrate?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:
    my vps in SJO has been facing slow network mostly 50mbit/s (dedipath). is this an outlier or any plans to fix/migraine migrate?

SJ servers are capped at 100M due to an error on Dedipath's part. I don't think Dedipath really gives a shit anymore so I'm not sure when/if this will ever be resolved.

• Wait... just saw this somewhere:

We will are writing to you regarding your service at DediPath. With a heavy heart we must announce that DediPath will be discontinuing operations effective 8/31/23. Please migrate your data and take backups as soon as possible.

In regards to our colocation customers if you are in the following locations please send a ticket to [email protected] for equipment removal:
    Dallas
    Las Vegas
    Denver
    Atlanta
    Jacksonville

In regards to our colocation customers if you are in the following location please send a ticket to [email protected] for equipment removal:
    Seattle

In regards to our colocation customers if you are in the following locations please send a ticket to [email protected] for equipment removal:
    Phoenix

Secaucus
    Redondo Beach
    San Jose

If you have a domain registered with us please transfer it out ASAP.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We appreciate your business and support over the years and this is heart breaking to everyone at DediPath.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

On SJCZ008 I was seeing the cap, on SJCZ007 I do not.
    Guess this does not matter now.

Holy crap, the VirDude can't catch a break.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FAT32 said:
    Wait... just saw this somewhere:

We will are writing to you regarding your service at DediPath. With a heavy heart we must announce that DediPath will be discontinuing operations effective 8/31/23. Please migrate your data and take backups as soon as possible.

Dallas
    Las Vegas
    Denver
    Atlanta
    Jacksonville

In regards to our colocation customers if you are in the following location please send a ticket to [email protected] for equipment removal:
    Seattle

Phoenix

Secaucus
    Redondo Beach
    San Jose

If you have a domain registered with us please transfer it out ASAP.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We appreciate your business and support over the years and this is heart breaking to everyone at DediPath.

Wow this is fucked up man!
    I guess VirMach's NYC nodes are in DediPath, correct? Because my sites are running on those VPS.
    Thanks God I started taking backups 3 days ago and an hourly job is running.

• Wondering how much the Dedipath situation will affect Virmach.

• It seems like the sender cannot be confirmed, not sure is it a fake email or not

• You guys overreacting - it is a uncommon situation for most providers... but seems just like another ordinary day for VirMach guys.
    =)

Thanked by (2)VirMach imok

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• On OGF someone has posted screenshot of their Gmail inbox where they received email and Google has displayed a message on top "We could not verify that the email was actually from [email protected]......."

Has anyone confirmed that the email is legit? May be someone hacked their customer database and sent email which is still fucked up.