VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• SJCZ006 had offline 2 days.
    TYOC038 had offline 13 days.

What time can fix the issues.

• @poctopus said: What time can fix the issues.

23:59

Thanked by (3)skorous DanSummer FrankZ

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

@poctopus said:
    SJCZ006 had offline 2 days.
    TYOC038 had offline 13 days.

What time can fix the issues.

From network status page:
    Last Updated 10/11/2023 09:46
    SJCZ006, SJCZ007 have power related issues and being looked into

Last Updated 10/08/2023 02:29
    TYOC038 is facing possible data loss and delay, it is currently offline.

I would expect the SJC power issues to be resolved before the TYOC038 data loss issue.
    Data loss issues seem to take the longest to resolve as VirMach appears to make all possible attempts to restore data before giving up. and really does not like to give up on data recovery.

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Tokyo 038 I don't need to restore data, please restore server use as soon as possible

Thanked by (1)rondaswe
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@David77778 said:
    Tokyo 038 I don't need to restore data, please restore server use as soon as possible

Unfortunately you are not the only one on this server and others may feel differently.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• I think Virmach can consider raising the price slightly and recruiting more engineers to improve processing efficiency.

• I don't need to keep data for node tyoc038 too, please format it.

• @wildkid said:
    I think Virmach can consider raising the price slightly and recruiting more engineers to improve processing efficiency.

It has been said a jillion times and he has also had offers from people to help for free.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @VirMach said:
    Now that's dedication to trying to get some answers. I almost feel bad for not answering all of them but for future reference it might be more productive for you to just check the network status page. Based on previous patterns there's a 95% chance there will be more information on that page than you'll receive in any response back to you here.

That's a bit of a douche response, given no update in 9 days:

Update 10/02 -- We've ran into issues and some delays which mean a portion of these changes have not yet fully completed. It's possible networking or other issues exist and we are working on resolving them. SEAZ009 and SEAZ010 are still awaiting migration.

What fucking issues? Waiting on WHAT?

Going more than a week without updates is going to generate tickets. Duh.

• Captain Obvious
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Please send all suggestions to:

375 Portola Plaza
    341 Haines Hall
    University of California, Los Angeles
    Box 951553
    Los Angeles, CA 90095

• edited October 2023

@VirMach Is it possible to pay a setup fee (like 5 dollars) to add an IPV6 for Tokyo?

• @VirMach my service shows "Your service was suspended for breach of terms of service". Can you tell me the specific reason? I only have a few services running on my machine, why are they suspended? I once opened a ticket that I wanted to migrate and generated a bill invoice. However, I manually closed the ticket and did not pay the invoice. Was the suspension caused by this invoice?
    service id: 631784
    closed ticket id: #417280
    Invoice id: #1576504

• @sparkssss said:
    My VPS is on lax1z014, after migration, it was accessible on October 1st, but there is a serious issue of packet loss and disconnection. It's not a constant issue, but happens intermittently.
    is it still in the adjustment ?

The monitoring was conducted from four machines in the United States, the specific situation is as shown in the following figure.

Mod note: Combined successive comments. The graph may or may not be visible as it is on the IPFS network.

@VirMach plz response

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@AlSwearengen said: That's a bit of a douche response, given no update in 9 days

Let me know if it'll be helpful if every 8 hours we provide the following update.

Update: still have not received an update from Flexential.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ bakageta
  • @VirMach said:

@AlSwearengen said: That's a bit of a douche response, given no update in 9 days

Let me know if it'll be helpful if every 8 hours we provide the following update.

Eight hours might be excessive but every few days to a week might not be unwarranted. Lets everybody know it hasn't fallen off the table. Just my $0.02 .

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint tulipyun
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@MallocVoidstar said:
    LAX exploded?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @MallocVoidstar said:
    LAX exploded?

exactly

• @VirMach said:

May I know please why my ticket #852683 was closed? I'm on RYZE.CHI-Z027.VMS - the problem is that this VM has no connectivity to the outside world. Please investigate and give me an update. Thanks

• edited October 2023

All but 3 LAX nodes seems alive again, my servers are up. Seems like networking outage, my servers weren't rebooted.

• After 280 minutes of being offline the 2 LAX servers have been accessible and have not been rebooted.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• My VPS on ATLZ009 appears to be up but not pinging. Is it because it's going to receive a new IPv4 address?

• It appears we caught at least some of the people abusing Phoenix since my STeal went from ~18-20% down to around 8-10% ... another wave coming?

• @miOw said:
    My VPS on ATLZ009 appears to be up but not pinging. Is it because it's going to receive a new IPv4 address?

Yeah, I noticed the same yesterday. Server is up and accessible via VNC, but no network connection.
    Network status mentions ATLZ007 & 009 should've been restored yesterday, but seems so far nothing yet. Might simply have to wait until Monday/Tuesday if nothing happens today, due to the weekend.

Thanked by (1)miOw
  • @VirMach said:

Don't be stupid. Look at all the updates, it looks like you all stopped working on 10/02. And then you make it seem like you're waiting on datacenters for two weeks? GTFO, this is pathetic. Give them a call. Call them again (and don't weasel response about one location when it's several at this point).

Service has been down for 5 weeks and there's still no sign of an ETA anywhere. I know it's not malice, it's incompetence.

Just tell people you lost their data (you've "ran into issues" restoring backups), make a new server and stop wasting time.

Thanked by (2)Mumbly Helga
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

@AlSwearengen We prefer if you don't talk to people like that here at LES. I would hope that you can say what you have to say without personal attacks, calling people derogatory names, or being so aggressive.

• I will push thanks button to little @AlSwearengen's rant just to ballance things a bit as he didn't do anything problematic (rant as rant ...) if that's okay by you?

Thanked by (2)Helga AlSwearengen
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Mumbly said:
    I will push thanks button to little @AlSwearengen's rant just to ballance things a bit as he didn't do anything problematic (rant as rant ...) if that's okay by you?

No worries, I never moderate "thanks". :wink:
    This thread gets a lot of leeway, but it is still best if we draw the line at some points. I figured it was more polite to say something first, because just splitting his comments off into the Rants section did not seem appropriate.

Thanked by (2)skorous someTom

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@AlSwearengen said: Don't be stupid. Look at all the updates

Ironically wise words.

• The sarcastic answer he got as a response to his previous post just added to the fuel so there's that.

Naturally, the host is frustrated because of lack of the response from the DC, but the same frustration bear clients with weeks-long outages and some updates here and there even if there's not much to say just so that they know that they aren't forgotten could help to the situation.