VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @VirMach said: @derekyang said: I am curious why ask customer to provide invoice number since the billing system have all information needed? i believe there is automated way to do this rather have exchange through the ticket as it's most hated by Virmach. i don't understand the logic here.

Workload. We're not going to go back and manually check whether or not it was a paid or unpaid request and then match it to specific invoices especially since on most of these accounts the migrate button was spammed over and over and over and over so there's lots of generated tickets and invoices.

Alternative would be for this batch to just send everyone a mass notice that there's no option for renewal and service is ending on next due date, or to not offer any refund since in almost all these cases the customer's support usage or AUP breach carries more fees than the migration. For other future batches, maybe that's different and we'll consider being more accommodating when it comes to locating and refunding migration fees without user input.

Anyway, I think I've said all I want to say here. I can't continue replying to everyone's concerns regarding this matter. The cancellation button is still there and it's definitely no hard feelings on our end if it's utilized. We're taking the minimal action in this case as necessary.

Thanks for the reply,
    Totally not a concerns but just curious about the logic here as i see you are more prefer ticket-free business from my opinion. anyway in the end it's your business model as an company.

• edited October 2023

@VirMach said: It's first focused on people that might also do something like come on here tagging me making accusations and general increased support strain on a limited support service, or replying back to the ticket asking if a custom arrangement can be made in their case, and then also copy/pasting a similar message here after replying to the ticket.

I didn't do any accusation, or relied to any ticket, or intensionally increased your work load. how come I am asked to leave Tokyo?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

@ripeapple said:

VirMach said: It's first focused on people that might also do something like come on here tagging me making accusations and general increased support strain on a limited support service, or replying back to the ticket asking if a custom arrangement can be made in their case, and then also copy/pasting a similar message here after replying to the ticket.

I didn't do any accusation, or relied to any ticket, or intensionally increased your work load. how come I am asked to leave Tokyo?

Double down much ?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited October 2023

@FrankZ said:

@ripeapple said:

VirMach said: It's first focused on people that might also do something like come on here tagging me making accusations and general increased support strain on a limited support service, or replying back to the ticket asking if a custom arrangement can be made in their case, and then also copy/pasting a similar message here after replying to the ticket.

Double down much ?

there is no way to go, I don't want to leave Tokyo, this is the only way to communicate with Virmach, do you have better suggestions?
    I've tagged virmach here only to add an IPv6. Virmach provided the IPV6 button and I pressed the button, and it generated a ticket, I leave it open without replying for 6 months, then I started to tag him here. but he only replied me once saying no IPv6 currently, then I said how about pay to add one, that's all it's about.
    besides that, I never filed any ticket or relied to any.
    Now Virmach seems to blame me for adding his work load by tagging him here. It makes no sense.

• $30 setup fee for a server in Japan :open_mouth:

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

@ripeapple said:

@FrankZ said:

@ripeapple said:

Double down much ?

there is no way to go, I don't want to leave Tokyo, this is the only way to communicate with Virmach, do you have better suggestions?

I expect you are being moved from Tokyo to another location. I do not think that will change no matter how much you comment here, or via ticket. You should already know that from your attempt to get IPv6 on your Tokyo VM as I outlined below. My suggestion would be to find a different provider that offers service in Tokyo with Ipv6. Just my two cents.

Comment by ripeapple October 11
    @VirMach Is it possible to pay a setup fee (like 5 dollars) to add an IPV6 for Tokyo?
    Comment by ripeapple July 24
    (Quote) sir, can you unofficially assign an ipv6 for me?
    Comment by ripeapple July 22
    @VirMach why my ticket regarding adding ipv6 being open for 6 months, you said to add it to the list..when?
    Comment by ripeapple June 19
    @VirMach , hello, how is the IPV6 of Tokyo location going on?
    Comment by ripeapple February 18
    @VirMach sir, I used the request IPV6 button and it generated a ticket, now your colleague closed the ticket without giving ipv6, Can I open a new ticket regarding this?
    Comment by ripeapple January 29
    @VirMach sir, how is the ipv6 for Tokyo?
    i

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Hi @imok, how's life down south ?

• @FrankZ said:

@ripeapple said:

@FrankZ said:

@ripeapple said:

Double down much ?

I expect you are being moved from Tokyo to another location. I do not think that will change no matter how much you comment here, or via ticket. You should already know that from your attempt to get IPv6 on your Tokyo VM as I outlined below. My suggestion would be to find a different provider that offers service in Tokyo with Ipv6. Just my two cents.

@VirMach Is it possible to pay a setup fee (like 5 dollars) to add an IPV6 for Tokyo?
    @VirMach why my ticket regarding adding ipv6 being open for 6 months, you said to add it to the list..when?
    @VirMach sir, I used the request IPV6 button and it generated a ticket, now your colleague closed the ticket without giving ipv6, Can I open a new ticket regarding this?
    i

yeah, it's a bit frustrating to accept it.
    for Virmach, if you don't have plan to add ipv6, don't add the button. if you don't wanna be tagged, say it.
    if you wanna move people, just do it, don't give unconvincible excuse.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@ripeapple For me it breaks down like this:
    ~50% of the time I get what I want, when I want it.
    ~25% of the time I get what I wanted, but not when I wanted it, or when I need it.
    ~25% of the time I don't get what I want, and I know I will never get it.

Learning to be OK with those numbers kept me from getting ulcers, or a heart attack, in my 50's and so far in my 60's. (Knock wood.) This is probably why you will seldomly see me get upset about anything regarding as small a thing in life as a VPS. Better that the small things fall into the bottom 50% than the big things.
    Just saying.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited October 2023

@ripeapple said:

@FrankZ said:

@ripeapple said:

@FrankZ said:

@ripeapple said:

Double down much ?

i

yeah, it's a bit frustrating to accept it.
    for Virmach, if you don't have plan to add ipv6, don't add the button. if you don't wanna be tagged, say it.
    if you wanna move people, just do it, don't give unconvincible excuse.

you can choose not to buy. then no need to deal with such unhappiness.

Thanked by (1)DanSummer

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @FrankZ said:
    @ripeapple For me it breaks down like this:
    ~50% of the time I get what I want, when I want it.
    ~25% of the time I get what I wanted, but not when I wanted it, or when I need it.
    ~25% of the time I don't get what I want, and I know I will never get it.

Learning to be OK with those numbers kept me from getting ulcers, or a heart attack, in my 50's and so far in my 60's. (Knock wood.) This is probably why you will seldomly see me get upset about anything regarding as small a thing in life as a VPS. Better that the small things fall into the bottom 50% than the big things.
    Just saying.

thanks, you are right, there is way more lot to do in life than messing with suckers like virmach
    have a good day.

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • @cybertech said: you can choose not to buy. then no need to deal with such unhappiness

I will

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@derekyang said: i see you are more prefer ticket-free business from my opinion

Well generally for "limited support" services, yes, it'd be preferable that it be limited.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ skorous fluttershy
  • @VirMach said:

@derekyang said: i see you are more prefer ticket-free business from my opinion

Well generally for "limited support" services, yes, it'd be preferable that it be limited.

True, it's fair

• Based on the quantity statistics from the email notification, it is expected that at least 60% or more of the non-Tokyo native VPS servers will be repatriated.

• edited October 2023

hello.The ip segment 193.151.183.0/24 has 10% network packet loss. Chicago

@ben said:
    Based on the quantity statistics from the email notification, it is expected that at least 60% or more of the non-Tokyo native VPS servers will be repatriated.

Closer to 47% but yes, it turns out a good chunk of the accounts that were moved to Tokyo are also flagged in some way for creating too many non-essential tickets or continuing to have multiple accounts/resold, or whatever else I mentioned was in the criteria.

I know I originally also said under 5% of all Tokyo but this number ended up being higher after I finished the last few nodes which had a larger quantity of these on them, and I was going based off total spaces originally available in Tokyo but they're no longer filled in this way so it's closer to 11% of all of Tokyo once I put everything in more specifically on a spreadsheet and finished sending out all the tickets.

@soj1 said: hello.The ip segment 193.151.183.0/24 has 10% network packet loss. Chicago

Whatever it was I can't locate it more specifically since it happened for such a short period of time. If it keeps happening, let me know exact timestamps and timezone. This is what it looks like right now.

Thanked by (2)warmingforg FrankZ
  • Is anyone web-hosting anything in Frankfurt via Cloudflare and see "a lot"[1] of 523?

Noticed at: 2023-10-20 22:10:39 (UTC 01:00)
    Encountered errors:
    Amsterdam: Timeout (10 sec)
    London: HTTP code 200
    Frankfurt: HTTP code 523
    Warsaw: HTTP code 523

Noticed at: 2023-10-21 05:15:32 (UTC 01:00)
    Encountered errors:
    Amsterdam: HTTP code 523
    London: HTTP code 523
    Frankfurt: HTTP code 200

Noticed at: 2023-10-21 06:00:30 (UTC 01:00)
    Encountered errors:
    Amsterdam: HTTP code 523
    London: HTTP code 523
    Frankfurt: HTTP code 200

or anyone have Argo/Tunnel?

[1] - a lot means... idk - sometimes once a day, sometimes 3 times a day, sometimes it's quiet for a few days.

This looks like sessions reset or something like that and they are (most of the times) restablished before next HT check next minute and it's fucking hard to even catch it and do some debugging :D

Asking if this is "my issue" and just somehow I replicated it on 2-3 servers or this is something xTom/VirMach bad :D

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• xTomxTom Hosting Provider

@Jab said: Asking if this is "my issue" and just somehow I replicated it on 2-3 servers or this is something xTom/VirMach bad

We have PNI with Cloudflare in Frankfurt, we didn't receive any other reports from other customers.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Not_Oles

█ xTom - https://xtom.com/ - Global Dedicated Servers, Colocation and IP Transit. | Subscribe our newsletter
    █ V.PS - https://v.ps/ - Global VPS Hosting. | Mastodon @[email protected] | @[email protected]

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@xTom said:

@Jab said: Asking if this is "my issue" and just somehow I replicated it on 2-3 servers or this is something xTom/VirMach bad

We have PNI with Cloudflare in Frankfurt, we didn't receive any other reports from other customers.

Thanks, Boss man. :wink:

• xTomxTom Hosting Provider

@FrankZ said: Thanks, Boss man. :wink:

My pleasure.

Thanked by (2)Wonder_Woman Not_Oles

█ xTom - https://xtom.com/ - Global Dedicated Servers, Colocation and IP Transit. | Subscribe our newsletter
    █ V.PS - https://v.ps/ - Global VPS Hosting. | Mastodon @[email protected] | @[email protected]

Debian 12 template added. Debian 11 template re-added and resyncing, this one worked partially in the past but I've resynced the configuration and hopefully no more weird issues but if they persist let me know.

I've also gone through and tested some old templates and may re-introduce them as EOL templates because I think it'll be helpful versus people installing old ISOs improperly, especially on low memory older services.

Custom ISO feature is pretty much exclusively being misused right now, with the #1 request being blank, #2 request being an existing ISO, and #3 being dead links or non-ISO links. We're going to kind of phase this out into "request ISO to be added" instead and/or "report problem with ISO."

rDNS has been added in SolusVM for all new blocks, but I've seen reports of it not working. I haven't had time to go through these specifically so it'd be helpful if we can get anyone here to use the feature and let me know what you're seeing in terms of issues and on which node so we can see if it's just all broken or clusters of problems.

Added a paste button to VNC and improved visibility of text as well as some general instructions on failure.

Added ChatGPT button on VNC, work in progress.

• @VirMach said:

rDNS has been added in SolusVM for all new blocks, but I've seen reports of it not working. I haven't had time to go through these specifically so it'd be helpful if we can get anyone here to use the feature and let me know what you're seeing in terms of issues and on which node so we can see if it's just all broken or clusters of problems.

Not sure if this counts as a "new block" or not, but I just tried setting rDNS on node RYZE.CHI-Z001.VMS with a 193.151.183.xx address. I received a "Could not connect to DNS server. Please try again later" error message.

Really excited to get those Dallas servers racked and online in ATL this week, too!

@VirMach said: Added ChatGPT button on VNC, work in progress.

Update:

It now actually keeps track of previous messages to some degree.

@JBB said: Not sure if this counts as a "new block" or not, but I just tried setting rDNS on node RYZE.CHI-Z001.VMS with a 193.151.183.xx address. I received a "Could not connect to DNS server. Please try again later" error message.

Okay, I'll look into it.

• @VirMach said: Debian 12 template added. Debian 11 template re-added and resyncing, this one worked partially in the past but I've resynced the configuration and hopefully no more weird issues but if they persist let me know.

Just installed debian 12 on FFME007.VIRM.AC - waited 10 minutes as requested for install to complete then
    apt-get update
    apt-get install sshfs
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    Reading state information... Done
    The following additional packages will be installed:
    fuse3 libfuse3-3
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
    fuse3 libfuse3-3 sshfs
    0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 56 not upgraded.
    Need to get 170 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 540 kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
    Get:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 libfuse3-3 amd64 3.14.0-4 [88.1 kB]
    Get:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 fuse3 amd64 3.14.0-4 [35.9 kB]
    Get:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 sshfs amd64 3.7.3-1.1 [45.6 kB]
    Fetched 170 kB in 0s (2,075 kB/s)
    Segmentation fault
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/apt-listchanges --apt || test $? -lt 10 returned an error code (1)
    E: Failure running script /usr/bin/apt-listchanges --apt || test $? -lt 10

Anyone have suggestions?
    Reverted to deb 11 for now.

@VirMach said:

It now actually keeps track of previous messages to some degree.

Update:

User chat bubbles added as well. Added loading animation, close button.

@JBB said: Not sure if this counts as a "new block" or not, but I just tried setting rDNS on node RYZE.CHI-Z001.VMS with a 193.151.183.xx address. I received a "Could not connect to DNS server. Please try again later" error message.

Figured this out, going to take some time to fix.

@msatt said:

@VirMach said: Debian 12 template added. Debian 11 template re-added and resyncing, this one worked partially in the past but I've resynced the configuration and hopefully no more weird issues but if they persist let me know.

Just installed debian 12 on FFME007.VIRM.AC - waited 10 minutes as requested for install to complete then
    apt-get update
    apt-get install sshfs
    fuse3 libfuse3-3
    fuse3 libfuse3-3 sshfs
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
    Get:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 libfuse3-3 amd64 3.14.0-4 [88.1 kB]
    Get:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 fuse3 amd64 3.14.0-4 [35.9 kB]
    Get:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 sshfs amd64 3.7.3-1.1 [45.6 kB]
    Fetched 170 kB in 0s (2,075 kB/s)
    Segmentation fault
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/apt-listchanges --apt || test $? -lt 10 returned an error code (1)

Anyone have suggestions?
    Reverted to deb 11 for now.

Sounds like a familiar issue we had before. I'll have to see if it only occurs on certain nodes or all of them, I only did basic testing and didn't run any updates. How much memory do you have?

• @VirMach
    Processor : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores : 4 @ 3693.060 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 3.3 GiB
    Swap : 4.0 GiB
    Disk : 27.8 GiB

• JabJab
    edited October 2023

This is page I am welcomed (for last few days, however I didn't login earlier for like a week) after providing correct TOTP
    clicking "Back to homepage" logs me in successfully, but this was kinda scary for first time.

I can confirm the same thing happening on TPAZ003.VIRM.AC

root@osm-Replacement:~# apt-get update && apt-get install sshfs
    Get:1 http://security.debian.org/debian-security bookworm-security InRelease [48.0 kB]
    Get:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm InRelease [151 kB]
    (....)
    Get:16 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-updates/main amd64 Packages [6,408 B]
    Get:17 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm-updates/main Translation-en [5,008 B]
    Fetched 24.8 MB in 2s (11.8 MB/s)
    N: Repository 'http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm InRelease' changed its 'Version' value from '12.0' to '12.2'
      fuse3 libfuse3-3
      fuse3 libfuse3-3 sshfs
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
    Fetched 170 kB in 0s (1,072 kB/s)
    Segmentation fault
    root@osm-Replacement:~# free -m
                   total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:             961         192         606           1         299         768
    Swap:            255           0         255

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:

i am always scared of

fish
    phishing

such pages because i think the jab's are out there fishing