VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @ben said:
    @VirMach Boss, should the users from Tokyo 038 wait for the node to be fixed? Or do you want to relocate the users to another node in Tokyo?

If it is relocated to another node, will be located in a location such as LA I think.

• edited October 2023

my vps 109.122.42.xxx "Failed to connect to server (code: 1011, reason: Failed to connect to downstream server)" please help me

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Totti said:
    my vps 109.122.42.xxx "Failed to connect to server (code: 1011, reason: Failed to connect to downstream server)" please help me

Could you add a node name ?
    I checked, what I expect to be, the main node IP and it seems up.
    Your IP itself does not ping (171) so I expect your VM is down. Does it show as running in the billing panel ?
    The VNC error that you showed above will happen if the VM is down.

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Hi @FrankZ
    Could you tell me what should I do with this problem?

Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: true
    Service online: online
    Operating System: linux-ubuntu-20.04-x86_64-minimal-latest-v2
    Service Status:Active

I reinstalled the OS but still got the same problem.
    Thanks

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@julensm said:
    Hi @FrankZ

Thanks

Make sure no ISO attached and on VNC it's actually booting into the OS, log in on VNC and verify it was actually re-installed. Then make a ticket if you made it that far as it would indicate network issue on our end.

• @VirMach said:

@julensm said:
    Hi @FrankZ

Thanks

Make sure no ISO attached and on VNC it's actually booting into the OS, log in on VNC and verify it was actually re-installed. Then make a ticket if you made it that far as it would indicate network issue on our end.

I tried to submit a ticket, but when I clicked Submit, it showed "Knowledgebase Suggestions" with a timer, clicked Submit again after the timer was off, and it asked me to upload a file. Not sure what to do.

My problem is I can't SSH 3 servers
    LAX1Z016 (2 server) and NYCB028

I can access them via VNC, and for LAX1Z016 servers they show old IP addresses while NYCB028 shows new IP address.
    What should I do? thanks

• tetechtetech OG
    edited October 2023

@julensm said: I can access them via VNC, and for LAX1Z016 servers they show old IP addresses while NYCB028 shows new IP address.

Update to new IP address

Thanked by (2)skorous FrankZ
  • @tetech said:

@julensm said: I can access them via VNC, and for LAX1Z016 servers they show old IP addresses while NYCB028 shows new IP address.

Update to new IP address

Can you tell me the steps? I am a real.noob in linux

• @julensm said:

@tetech said:

Update to new IP address

It would help if you could tell us what distribution you're running, e.g. Debian, Ubuntu, etc.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • I've got a 2020 BF Special on NYCB044 that I plan on cancelling this year. If there are any long time LES members/VirMach customers that will be interested in it please let me know and will see if I can transfer. Billing period ends 12/11/23.

It's $8.05 a year. 25GB storage, 896MiB RAM (shows 838MiB in control panel), and 500GB transfer. 1 core Ryzen 9 3900X. Been rock solid since it was transfered to NY and the IP address is not on any spam lists.

@julensm said: I tried to submit a ticket, but when I clicked Submit, it showed "Knowledgebase Suggestions" with a timer, clicked Submit again after the timer was off, and it asked me to upload a file. Not sure what to do.

It means you scrolled perfectly where the elements aligned for uploading. Just don't scroll as much before clicking submit so it doesn't align.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • According to uptime's monitoring, my VPS on the DALZ007 server was once again bizarrely online for a short period of time using stale IPs, @VirMach can you confirm that the server has actually arrived in Atlanta?

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• @tulipyun said: using stale IPs,

most likely the new owners of the IP addresses have services on them, if they were the old Alibaba IP's they would never route to a Virmach service again since they are no longer routed to them....

Thanked by (3)tulipyun VirMach FrankZ
  • @Wonder_Woman said:

@julensm said:

@tetech said:

Update to new IP address

It would help if you could tell us what distribution you're running, e.g. Debian, Ubuntu, etc.

They run on Ubuntu, thanks

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman
  • @VirMach said:

@julensm said: I tried to submit a ticket, but when I clicked Submit, it showed "Knowledgebase Suggestions" with a timer, clicked Submit again after the timer was off, and it asked me to upload a file. Not sure what to do.

It means you scrolled perfectly where the elements aligned for uploading. Just don't scroll as much before clicking submit so it doesn't align.

Will do later, i'm on the phone now, it's Monday already here 💥

• This merchant is really terrible. It doesn’t even allow me to initiate a ticket to get a refund?

Please look at the red box. In any case, this cannot be clicked!

• @ksir9962 said:
    This merchant is really terrible. It doesn’t even allow me to initiate a ticket to get a refund?

Possibly AI has identified that a ticket title starting "I hope you..." does not comply.

"The title should fully identify the problem and be a quick description of the message".

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @ksir9962 said:
    This merchant is really terrible. It doesn’t even allow me to initiate a ticket to get a refund?

Use the tab key to switch, focus on the button ,then enter

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @nightcat said:
    Use the tab key to switch, focus on the button ,then enter

That's why VirMach should consider me as frontend dev...

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Wonder_Woman
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

@julensm said: They run on Ubuntu, thanks

If you installed from the Ubuntu 20.04 template, you can probably use the "Reconfigure Networking" option in the SolusVM panel to get the LAX1Z016 VMs switched over to the new IPs.

Since you can access them all via VNC it sounds like you just have a network configuration issue with your VMs. For the NYCB028 can you DM me the output of

ip addr show

and

ip route show

Thanked by (2)julensm Wonder_Woman

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited October 2023

@j0rmo said:
    The VM (id=562557) fails to start after the migration.

Please take a look, thanks!

It's back to normal.

• When to restore DAL004 and DAL007?

edited October 2023

@ksir9962 said: This merchant is really terrible. It doesn’t even allow me to initiate a ticket to get a refund?

I don't think in this case that it's a mistake, but I can have a look. Let me know what you clicked to get to the ticket creation page and then what you typed in for the title, if a service was selected. Then let me know in what case is it that you're requesting a refund but unable to use the proper button to request it so I can determine if this is something we need to take more seriously to resolve for you quickly such as a billing error or if perhaps this is a multi-account ticket guideline-ignoring request for an ineligible refund.

Basically in certain situations when it determines there's a high likelihood someone is making a ticket that's previously shown to ignore things, it requires that they read and follow instructions more closely.

Like other people mentioned though it shouldn't be difficult to bypass. It's not done in a way where it definitely prevents you from submitting it.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Wonder_Woman
  • @VirMach said:

Ticket Created #118032
    Thanks

• @julensm said: Thanks

it baffles me as to why people with very limited linux knowledge buy services with next to no support level and complain when they cannot configure things themselves.

anyway, if you need some handholding, you can contact me via PM and I will assist you.

• @dgc1980 said:

@julensm said: Thanks

it baffles me as to why people with very limited linux knowledge buy services with next to no support level and complain when they cannot configure things themselves.

anyway, if you need some handholding, you can contact me via PM and I will assist you.

I wrote a long reply but decided to wipe it down. thanks for the offer. It's already Monday, can't deal with it too much. Sent a ticket hopefully they can solve it. If not, I'll have to wait for next weekend.

PS: I didn't complain, I asked about the servers I paid can't be used while other servers (I have 15 or so servers with Virmach) are working.

• @dgc1980 said:

@julensm said: Thanks

I totally agree with you. My confusion comes when they say they reinstalled the OS. That should have fixed it if it was an OS level issue, no?

@skorous said: I totally agree with you. My confusion comes when they say they reinstalled the OS. That should have fixed it if it was an OS level issue, no?

They skipped a part of my instructions which creates confusion. Things like this happen all the time so I'm used to it, but if we followed everything as if the customer listened or whatever they say is true then tickets would take like 30 times longer to resolve.

@VirMach said: and verify it was actually re-installed.

Hint: this was not verified. Customer still has the old OS, and knows the internet configuration is wrong but I assume didn't make an attempt to change it. Maybe they did use reconfigure button but that didn't work in this case ether.

The issue seems to be a continuation on LAX1Z016 of similar issues which were partially resolved but came back, related to re-install and password reset functions not working. I don't think it's networking related though, so if it's just fixed within the OS it should be fine for that one.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ skorous bakageta
  • @skorous said: I totally agree with you. My confusion comes when they say they reinstalled the OS. That should have fixed it if it was an OS level issue, no?

reinstall OS should be the only reply support should give in these situations, because what these clients really need is managed hosting, but they do not want to pay for it so they want to show puppy dog eyes and hope support will fix their miss-configurations.

Thanked by (2)skorous bakageta
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said: so if it's just fixed within the OS it should be fine for that one.

Tried that, got no response to my offer of assistance from @julensm