VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @dgc1980 said:

@skorous said: I totally agree with you. My confusion comes when they say they reinstalled the OS. That should have fixed it if it was an OS level issue, no?

reinstall OS should be the only reply support should give in these situations, because what these clients really need is managed hosting, but they do not want to pay for it so they want to show puppy dog eyes and hope support will fix their miss-configurations.

Again, no argument.

@VirMach said:

Hint: this was not verified. Customer still has the old OS, and knows the internet configuration is wrong but I assume didn't make an attempt to change it. Maybe they did use reconfigure button but that didn't work in this case ether.

I'll give them partial credit for admitting they had no idea what they're doing and trying to reinstall as a resolution.

The issue seems to be a continuation on LAX1Z016 of similar issues which were partially resolved but came back, related to re-install and password reset functions not working. I don't think it's networking related though, so if it's just fixed within the OS it should be fine for that one.

I had a problem with my system on LAX1Z016 too but after I beat on it enough it eventually worked. If I'd known I'd have offered myself as a test subject to help troubleshoot. I'm generally capable of following directions and giving useful feedback at least. :)

• @FrankZ said:

@VirMach said: so if it's just fixed within the OS it should be fine for that one.

Tried that, got no response to my offer of assistance from @julensm

I am on phone now. Ii clicked thank for your reply to show you my gratitude for your offer, butI really don't have time to mess with these servers. I decided to sent ticket and call it a day.

To all others, sorry for not replying to your gossips.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

@julensm said: Hi @FrankZ
    Could you tell me what should I do with this problem?

@FrankZ said:

@julensm said: They run on Ubuntu, thanks

If you installed from the Ubuntu 20.04 template, you can probably use the "Reconfigure Networking" option in the SolusVM panel to get the LAX1Z016 VMs switched over to the new IPs.

Since you can access them all via VNC it sounds like you just have a network configuration issue with your VMs. For the NYCB028 can you DM me the output of

ip addr show

and

ip route show

@julensm said: I am on phone now. Ii clicked thank for your reply to show you my gratitude for your offer, butI really don't have time to mess with these servers. I decided to sent ticket and call it a day.

To all others, sorry for not replying to your gossips.

Your ticket has been closed. I'm calling it a day too.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Is there any way to manually trigger the invoice of servers that has biennial terms? The knowledgebase says that that it only triggers on monthly and annual orders, and the servers is only less than one month away from due.

You probably saw me somewhere...

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@ricANNArdo said:
    Is there any way to manually trigger the invoice of servers that has biennial terms? The knowledgebase says that that it only triggers on monthly and annual orders, and the servers is only less than one month away from due.

ID?

• edited October 2023

how are you LAX2Z019 @VirMach @FrankZ
    off since the end of August 2023
    now at the end of October 2023 there has been no progress
    LAX2Z019 is always off, and off always, no solution

• @julensm said: butI really don't have time to mess with these servers. I decided to sent ticket and call it a day.

you need to pay someone to manage your servers, free support will not fix configuration issues within your preinstalled software beyond someone telling you to reinstall your instance. virmach even charge for this, you will need to look into priority support, then pay for the time that is used to fix your server that is what? $100 per hour, minimum 1 hour?

Thanked by (2)tetech bakageta
  • @VirMach said:

@ricANNArdo said:
    Is there any way to manually trigger the invoice of servers that has biennial terms? The knowledgebase says that that it only triggers on monthly and annual orders, and the servers is only less than one month away from due.

ID?

I assume you asking for VM ID: 628613 and 629693.

You probably saw me somewhere...

@ricANNArdo said:

@VirMach said:

@ricANNArdo said:

ID?

So the article you read is correct, I believe the fallback is 7 days for any terms not specified, but it's kind of stupid for biennially to generate 7 days in advance like monthly, so I've modified it to 60 days for that. I'll try to update our articles/website to say that and until then of course if anyone is upset it generated early and credits got auto added as a result we can remove the credits no problem.

Thanked by (2)ricANNArdo Wonder_Woman
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited October 2023

@VirMach I've got a transfer ticket ongoing for about 2weeks+, just wondering if this is on the todo list, i feel bad not having any update for the buyer.

previous ones were completed pretty quickly.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach said:

@ricANNArdo said:

@VirMach said:

@ricANNArdo said:

ID?

So the article you read is correct, I believe the fallback is 7 days for any terms not specified, but it's kind of stupid for biennially to generate 7 days in advance like monthly, so I've modified it to 60 days for that. I'll try to update our articles/website to say that and until then of course if anyone is upset it generated early and credits got auto added as a result we can remove the credits no problem.

what about DAL004 and DAL007?

@wuyicheng538 said:

@VirMach said:

@ricANNArdo said:

@VirMach said:

@ricANNArdo said:

ID?

So to stay on topic with what you quoted, those will also generate invoice 60 days in advance if biennially.

Thanked by (1)dgc1980
  • @VirMach said:

@wuyicheng538 said:

@VirMach said:

@ricANNArdo said:

@VirMach said:

@ricANNArdo said:

ID?

So to stay on topic with what you quoted, those will also generate invoice 60 days in advance if biennially.

Sorry, my expression was wrong.
    I mean when will the DAL004 and DAL007 servers come back online?

• @VirMach Sir, why has the price of the transfer service become $10?

• @dyfkz1l said: Sir, why has the price of the transfer service become $10?

black friday is around the corner and a lot of work to get done before then, so most likely to decrease workloads

• edited November 2023

TYOC038 is working again

• WOAH

WOAH

WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

VirMach please share some stories now (-:

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Wait what, I have a virmach vps that I host a low traffic web site on and it stopped working, and it looks like its IP address is now assigned to alibaba cloud? Checking into it...

edited November 2023

@willie said:
    Wait what, I have a virmach vps that I host a low traffic web site on and it stopped working, and it looks like its IP address is now assigned to alibaba cloud? Checking into it...

Sounds like something went wrong and wasn't caught on our end. It's appropriate to make a priority ticket at this point in this case.

(edit) I vaguely remember you might be in Dallas though which is the DALZ004 and DALZ007 delay, on our end at this point.

• edited November 2023

@VirMach said:

@willie said:
    Wait what, I have a virmach vps that I host a low traffic web site on and it stopped working, and it looks like its IP address is now assigned to alibaba cloud? Checking into it...

Sounds like something went wrong and wasn't caught on our end. It's appropriate to make a priority ticket at this point in this case.

(edit) I vaguely remember you might be in Dallas though which is the DALZ004 and DALZ007 delay, on our end at this point.

Hello, I am very concerned about when DAL004 and DAL007 will return to normal. Can you tell me the specific recovery time?
    Since I have a server on DAL004, I fully expect it to be back working soon.

• It's possible I got some kind of notification about the IP change and missed or forgot about it. It seems to have happened a couple weeks ago. The server got switched to a different address. It's ok, I updated the DNS and everything works now. If the site had any importance I'd have had some monitoring in place and/or gotten flak about the outage earlier, so it is no big deal. I do have a few users but nobody seems to have noticed or cared that the site was down, heh.

I didn't even realize the server was in Dallas, but that makes sense based on the ping time. It was originally was in Buffalo and later migrated.

@willie said:
    It's possible I got some kind of notification about the IP change and missed or forgot about it. It seems to have happened a couple weeks ago. The server got switched to a different address. It's ok, I updated the DNS and everything works now. If the site had any importance I'd have had some monitoring in place and/or gotten flak about the outage earlier, so it is no big deal. I do have a few users but nobody seems to have noticed or cared that the site was down, heh.

I didn't even realize the server was in Dallas, but that makes sense based on the ping time. It was originally was in Buffalo and later migrated.

I feel pretty terrible with how many situations you've been lucky enough to be part of from what I remember. Seems like we just keep you moving onto the next catastrophe but I'm glad you're not also part of the DALZ004/DALZ007 situation based on what you just said so that's a small win I suppose.

I don't think you're in Dallas then, but it's possible you slowly did get moved from Buffalo downward. Probably either in NYC or as far as Miami by now, we can move you back to NYC if your node name doesn't already start with NYC, let me know.

@wuyicheng538 said:

@VirMach said:

@willie said:

Hello, I am very concerned about when DAL004 and DAL007 will return to normal. Can you tell me the specific recovery time?

If we had additional information, it would be provided on the network status page in this case. There's further delays on our end right now and I do not have a timeline.

• @VirMach said:

@wuyicheng538 said:

@VirMach said:

@willie said:

If we had additional information, it would be provided on the network status page in this case. There's further delays on our end right now and I do not have a timeline.

Is it possible to move my service to other regions, such as San Jose or Los Angeles?

• edited November 2023

@VirMach

I can't pay my invoice, Paypal is missing for one invoice but for other invoice Paypal is available.

Please help.

• @Fritz said:
    @VirMach

I can't pay my invoice, Paypal is missing for one invoice but for other invoice Paypal is available.

Please help.

Try adding fund.

• @VirMach said: I don't think you're in Dallas then, but it's possible you slowly did get moved from Buffalo downward. Probably either in NYC or as far as Miami by now, we can move you back to NYC if your node name doesn't already start with NYC, let me know.

Yeah I see now, it's on NYCB022. It's at 80ms ping from California which is pretty good for cross country. Anyway no need to move it. It's fine wherever.

• @wuyicheng538 said:

Is it possible to move my service to other regions, such as San Jose or Los Angeles?

Based on the information provided on the server status page:

If you prefer, at this point in time if you have your own backups and just need your service restored, for standard services we can instead deploy your service in a nearby location quickly, likely in Atlanta. Please note, we can only do this for standard services and not any limited-time special services or legacy services that differ from our current product offerings, as it would complicate matters in relation to our ability to redeploy your service quickly. The plans that qualify would be our NVMe line (NVMe512, NVMe1G, etc) or SSD line (SSD512, SSD1G, etc) or KVM Lite (Value+, Elite+, etc.) The redeployment will also have your service extended per our SLA.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

edited November 2023

@Fritz said:
    @VirMach

Please help.

It's by design, we've slowly been pushing out these changes which started with $5 minimums for new orders some time ago. I'll try to make it more apparent but now it's $10-15 and some other checks, and applies to invoices as well.

If anyone has PayPal and wants to make sure it continues functioning smoothly moving forward we have been trying to minimize impact so far and that means add the PayPal, keep it linked, keep it auto pay. Anything outside of that which would require manual payments or setting up again could end up preventing future payments in certain cases. This is the result of higher disputes, higher fees, higher dispute fees especially when combined with low cost specials. PayPal has creeped up to 10% fee for us not including disputes, with disputes probably 15% or somewhere around there depending on how you want to count it.

For specials this ends up being closer to 20-25% in fees since higher percent of international, higher dispute rates, lower totals.

If anyone has any other suggestions do let me know. I've been trying to see if we could make it optionally available again with added fees if people really desire, but right now the available solution in most cases would be using the minimum $20 deposit feature. That does have some restrictions though from accounts we think have proven previous behavior that could mean potential for dispute goes up. We still don't have a solution though for people forgetting their special is renewing and of course the default action is to immediately dispute. But at the same time if we pull auto renewals, then there would be missed renewables and people upset on the other side.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ ZA_capetown skorous
  • edited November 2023

@VirMach said:

@Fritz said:
    @VirMach

Please help.

It's by design, we've slowly been pushing out these changes which started with $5 minimums for new orders some time ago. I'll try to make it more apparent but now it's $10-15 and some other checks, and applies to invoices as well.

If anyone has PayPal and wants to make sure it continues functioning smoothly moving forward we have been trying to minimize impact so far and that means add the PayPal, keep it linked, keep it auto pay. Anything outside of that which would require manual payments or setting up again could end up preventing future payments in certain cases. This is the result of higher disputes, higher fees, higher dispute fees especially when combined with low cost specials. PayPal has creeped up to 10% fee for us not including disputes, with disputes probably 15% or somewhere around there depending on how you want to count it.

For specials this ends up being closer to 20-25% in fees since higher percent of international, higher dispute rates, lower totals.

If anyone has any other suggestions do let me know. I've been trying to see if we could make it optionally available again with added fees if people really desire, but right now the available solution in most cases would be using the minimum $20 deposit feature. That does have some restrictions though from accounts we think have proven previous behavior that could mean potential for dispute goes up. We still don't have a solution though for people forgetting their special is renewing and of course the default action is to immediately dispute. But at the same time if we pull auto renewals, then there would be missed renewables and people upset on the other side.

Can we pay with top up credit?