VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Fritz said:

@VirMach said:

@Fritz said:
    @VirMach

I can't pay my invoice, Paypal is missing for one invoice but for other invoice Paypal is available.

Please help.

It's by design, we've slowly been pushing out these changes which started with $5 minimums for new orders some time ago. I'll try to make it more apparent but now it's $10-15 and some other checks, and applies to invoices as well.

If anyone has PayPal and wants to make sure it continues functioning smoothly moving forward we have been trying to minimize impact so far and that means add the PayPal, keep it linked, keep it auto pay. Anything outside of that which would require manual payments or setting up again could end up preventing future payments in certain cases. This is the result of higher disputes, higher fees, higher dispute fees especially when combined with low cost specials. PayPal has creeped up to 10% fee for us not including disputes, with disputes probably 15% or somewhere around there depending on how you want to count it.

For specials this ends up being closer to 20-25% in fees since higher percent of international, higher dispute rates, lower totals.

If anyone has any other suggestions do let me know. I've been trying to see if we could make it optionally available again with added fees if people really desire, but right now the available solution in most cases would be using the minimum $20 deposit feature. That does have some restrictions though from accounts we think have proven previous behavior that could mean potential for dispute goes up. We still don't have a solution though for people forgetting their special is renewing and of course the default action is to immediately dispute. But at the same time if we pull auto renewals, then there would be missed renewables and people upset on the other side.

Can we pay with top up credit?

Yeah I think I mentioned that somewhere in my response in greater detail. If that has problems as well give me the invoice ID so I can see what's going on.

• Will VirBot appear again this upcoming BF?

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown

@FAT32 said:
    Will VirBot appear again this upcoming BF?

I'm planning out potential preorders after counting and packaging servers, so perhaps we know where to send them where there is natural demand. That'd be difficult to do with flash sales but whatever is left over afterward will likely be that. I'll try to message you this time if you're interested in helping with any improvements to make it viable to do, as we can't have it turn into a huge time drain which may occur in its current state. Otherwise backup plan is likely to use your customizer instead.

• @VirMach said:

@Fritz said:

@VirMach said:

@Fritz said:
    @VirMach

I can't pay my invoice, Paypal is missing for one invoice but for other invoice Paypal is available.

Please help.

It's by design, we've slowly been pushing out these changes which started with $5 minimums for new orders some time ago. I'll try to make it more apparent but now it's $10-15 and some other checks, and applies to invoices as well.

If anyone has PayPal and wants to make sure it continues functioning smoothly moving forward we have been trying to minimize impact so far and that means add the PayPal, keep it linked, keep it auto pay. Anything outside of that which would require manual payments or setting up again could end up preventing future payments in certain cases. This is the result of higher disputes, higher fees, higher dispute fees especially when combined with low cost specials. PayPal has creeped up to 10% fee for us not including disputes, with disputes probably 15% or somewhere around there depending on how you want to count it.

For specials this ends up being closer to 20-25% in fees since higher percent of international, higher dispute rates, lower totals.

If anyone has any other suggestions do let me know. I've been trying to see if we could make it optionally available again with added fees if people really desire, but right now the available solution in most cases would be using the minimum $20 deposit feature. That does have some restrictions though from accounts we think have proven previous behavior that could mean potential for dispute goes up. We still don't have a solution though for people forgetting their special is renewing and of course the default action is to immediately dispute. But at the same time if we pull auto renewals, then there would be missed renewables and people upset on the other side.

Can we pay with top up credit?

Yeah I think I mentioned that somewhere in my response in greater detail. If that has problems as well give me the invoice ID so I can see what's going on.

Solved and paid. :)

It's been obviously long overdue, but half of LAX2Z019 will be coming back hopefully in the next 24 hours. The other half will have to be recreated and data is lost (it's a little bit more than half technically that as recovered.) The disk that's toast was the one with older customers, which means it's special-heavy, just in case someone ends up coming here and presenting some conspiracy about how we didn't try for specials. This is also why the numbers aren't 2/3 and are instead closer to 1/2 because the ones lost are smaller disk services so higher quantity.

I'll try to focus on wrapping up TYOC038 and figure out a way forward for DALZ004 and DALZ007 by tomorrow as well, or at least having another meaningful update. The rest of the week is wrapping up as many other more minor issues and finishing cleanups. Well I say "rest of the week" but I just realized it's already Thursday...

• @VirMach , black Friday is not really special without you and the bot.

<3

Thanked by (2)ATInDaHause VirMach
  • @VirMach how can i claim for vps missing IPs?

• @VirMach : I have lost my 2FA code, how can I reset it? I am still having the email. Thanks.

• @windytime said:
    @VirMach : I have lost my 2FA code, how can I reset it? I am still having the email. Thanks.

https://virmach.com/security/

D on the right hand side.

• Before I cancel this due to lack of funds for idle-ing servers - anyone wants that?

Recurring Amount $39.79 USD
    Billing Cycle Annually
    Next Due Date 11/26/2023
    AMSD025 / Amsterdam
    3 x Ryzen 3950X
    RAM 5 GB
    DICK 60 GB
    BAND 1.46 TB

Cost: whatever VirMach charges for transfer now :D

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach Boss, could you add an IPv6 address to the Los Angeles (QN) VPS? Even a one-time fee is acceptable.

• You guys remember that VirMach was kinda, little complaining about Flexential?
    From Cloudflare Post Mortem

While we haven't gotten official confirmation, we have been told by employees that three things hampered getting the generators back online. First, they needed to be physically accessed and manually restarted because of the way the ground fault had tripped circuits. Second, Flexential's access control system was not powered by the battery backups so it was offline. And third, the overnight staffing at the site did not include an experienced operations or electrical expert — the overnight shift consisted of security and an unaccompanied technician who had only been on the job for a week.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Daevien

edited November 2023

@Jab said: You guys remember that VirMach was kinda, little complaining about Flexential?
    From Cloudflare Post Mortem

I had a little rant written out a day or two ago, I'll summarize.

We finally tried to get them to do the hands request since I couldn't arrange anything better. I was trying to avoid this all week. So anyway, I put in a very clear request, the quick version being we wanted them to slide out 3 servers, put in 3 replacements, and then add 5 more outer rails and slide in 5 additional servers. Then go into BIOS on two of them and change one tab of settings.

Their operations manager or whatever their title was replied after a couple hours, and said how we should basically do a meeting/call to discuss the task and made it sound like it was complicated and lengthy and how they might need two "dedicated" remote hands to do it with like 3 days advanced notice. I tried cutting down the request to just sliding out two servers (so the outer rails are already there) and sliding in two replacements to try to cut it down to their minimum billable hours of 1, so the simplest request technically. I also timed myself doing the exact task and it took 17 minutes, anyway, they replied back saying they'd do it but 3 days later or whatever (aka, didn't matter, they could have just said from the beginning instead of pretending) but that they might still need two techs. I'm guessing they meant for the entire request and not the short version but ... I guess we'll find out.

Today I was just wondering how long the full request would take and I have a bunch of servers here we received back, I unpacked them, put on new rails, set up the outer rails for all of them at the office (same quantity total) and wired them, basically same request by myself (except more work technically since the rails there are already put together.) Did it while eating lunch, 1 hour 24 minutes, 19 seconds. Let's see how much we get billed when they do it.

Edit -- Forgot to mention something I found funny. I basically let them know I did the two servers in 20~ minutes and hopefully they could get it done within an hour and if they think its more complicated let me know. She mentioned how it's not the same and would take longer because they have to take the boxes to our rack... I guess this is their facility:

• I seem to recall that the disastrous delays of DALZ004 and DALZ007 had a lot to do with Flexential? :'(

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• @ben said:
    @VirMach Boss, could you add an IPv6 address to the Los Angeles (QN) VPS? Even a one-time fee is acceptable.

IPv6 is not officially supported or offered, even for a price, you will need to wait until the sister company has started then cancel your services with virmach and sign up to the new company.

• Still waiting for full recovery of node TYOC038.

• @Jab said:
    Before I cancel this due to lack of funds for idle-ing servers - anyone wants that?

Billing Cycle Annually
    Next Due Date 11/26/2023
    AMSD025 / Amsterdam
    3 x Ryzen 3950X
    RAM 5 GB
    DICK 60 GB
    BAND 1.46 TB

Cost: whatever VirMach charges for transfer now :D

Too expensive for me.
    Similar spec that I have cost me 1/2.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach Just a FYI for node: LAX1Z014

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 52.08 MB/s   (13.0k) | 11.05 MB/s     (172)
    Write      | 52.11 MB/s   (13.0k) | 11.57 MB/s     (180)
    Total      | 104.19 MB/s  (26.0k) | 22.62 MB/s     (352)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 7.42 MB/s       (14) | 2.80 MB/s        (2)
    Write      | 7.85 MB/s       (15) | 3.38 MB/s        (3)
    Total      | 15.27 MB/s      (29) | 6.19 MB/s        (5)

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

@FrankZ said: @VirMach Just a FYI for node: LAX1Z014

DM me your VM IP

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited November 2023

@ben said:
    @VirMach Boss, could you add an IPv6 address to the Los Angeles (QN) VPS? Even a one-time fee is acceptable.

be careful, someday virmach will say you increase his workload by tagging him, so he is gonna do something bad to your server

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited November 2023

@ripeapple said:

@ben said:

be careful, someday virmach will say you increase his workload by tagging him, so he is gonna do something bad to your server

Will he migrate the server to a Node in Tokyo?

Small update on LAX2Z019, delayed as I couldn't get into the building when I had time to take it down. Will try again later.

Thanked by (1)vgood
  • LAX1Z014 The node is currently locked
    what does that mean?

• @tenpera said:
    LAX1Z014 The node is currently locked
    what does that mean?

Usually it means he's working on the node.

• @tenpera said:
    LAX1Z014 The node is currently locked
    what does that mean?

LAX1Z014 & NYCB017 is having disk issues and being investigated.
    Update -- node may be rebooted several times.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• edited November 2023

Things turn for the better!
    Annual bill of mine from Virmach now can dropped from $231 to $74, Great! (VirBot is coming?) ;)

• @Jab said:
    Before I cancel this due to lack of funds for idle-ing servers - anyone wants that?

Billing Cycle Annually
    Next Due Date 11/26/2023
    AMSD025 / Amsterdam

The service will be cancelled at the end of your current billing period on 11/26/2023.
    Thank you for using VirMach®

• O' by the name of that kinky yeti, your business is still running, that is rather uncanny.

Anyway, our hated and beloved @VirMach , will there be any arousing Tokyo this BF?

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    O' by the name of that kinky yeti, your business is still running, that is rather uncanny.

Anyway, our hated and beloved @VirMach , will there be any arousing Tokyo this BF?

welcome @Flying_Chinaman --- kinky and arousing --- what else, have a kitkat have a break :)

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman
  • edited November 2023

@Jab said:

@Jab said:

Billing Cycle Annually
    Next Due Date 11/26/2023
    AMSD025 / Amsterdam

The service will be cancelled at the end of your current billing period on 11/26/2023.
    Thank you for using VirMach®

:)