VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• " I understand that I waive my right to a refund for this special offer. I understand this is a random VPS plan, and it could potentially make me upset. I'm a big boy and can handle risk. "

I love this. It won't work because those that actually read it aren't normally the ones to lose their shit and chargeback but I love it nonetheless.

• My TYOC039 box briefly went down, then came back. But checking the status page shows that the node itself has been down for 7 hours. I'm proud of my VPS for being able to keep working after death.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Hey @FrankZ you know their network better than anyone here:)
    which is the most stable location (preferable one with the shittiest route to China :) )

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@DanSummer said:
    Hey @FrankZ you know their network better than anyone here:)
    which is the most stable location (preferable one with the shittiest route to China :) )

San Jose is good for me, but also probably attracts lots Asian users.
    Frankfurt has been very stable for me on two nodes, but @Jab has spoke of some issues with his node from time to time.
    If you want to stay away from China users I've also been very happy with Miami and Phoenix
    I don't have one in Tampa any more, but I have not heard anyone complain that has a VPS there
    I have a bunch in New York and they are stable, but I would not say that location has the best network.
    Just my two cents, your mileage may vary.

Thanked by (1)DanSummer

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited November 2023

@FrankZ said:

@yoursunny said:
    IMG_8296
    This building contains half of the VirMach servers in Los Angeles.
    I visited on Sunday evening before my flight out of LAX.
    I didn't find a data center company logo, but it's the right address, and the cooling tower on the roof checks out.

Who's Whose DC is that suppose to be Quadranet or Hivelocity ?

QUADRANET 6171 W Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• edited November 2023

Gah I really don't need another service, but I'm a sucker for mystery box stuff... I guess I'm in for the "this one will suck" location. Well, the VM name isn't bad, I've got a feeling about this one: HilariousWelldocumented-VM

• JabJab
    edited November 2023

So, where did you guys found that Mysterybox? I don't see it linked anywhere on main page, nor on black-friday subpage or special-offers page (that still shows summer deals cough @VirMach cough)?

I know you people are brave, but VirMach is on bot/account sharing hunt lately and buying some unreleased product gathered by brute-forcing id's one by one is not the best idea imho :D

also I need $9.82 MysteryBox

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• edited November 2023

@bakageta said: I'm a sucker

smartass shitposting satirist

• edited November 2023

I normally hate mystery box stuff, but I grabbed a Virmach one because I love him tooo much <3, crossing my fingers for a EU service

• @Jab said:
    I know you people are brave, but VirMach is on bot/account sharing hunt lately and buying some unreleased product gathered by brute-forcing id's one by one is not the best idea imho :D

Suit yourself, no idea where/how someone tracked down the link, but I'll take my chances. I have faith that VirMach isn't going to ban people just for buying from a link in a forum post, but maybe don't buy one if your account couldn't stand up to scrutiny. Personally, I hope it's all completely randomly generated virbot deals, with most of them being borderline-unusable specs, would make for a fun lottery.

• I normally hate mystery box stuff, but I grabbed a Virmach one because I love him tooo much <3, crossing my fingers for an AQ service

• edited November 2023

Yo' multiple accounts owner detected?
    Lads, what this madhouse need is more yelling, moan and eventually utter bliss

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Yo' multiple accounts owner detected?
    Lads, what this madhouse need is more yelling, moan and eventually utter bliss

so, finally your time is up? LOLOL

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• When will the mystery box open? 🤔

• https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/
    It is still last year's page, what the hill is the box you sorry asses mentioned?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@margincons said:
    When will the mystery box open? 🤔

Fairly early on BF UTC time

Thanked by (1)margincons

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/
    It is still last year's page, what the hill is the box you sorry asses mentioned?

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/156851/#Comment_156851

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman
  • edited November 2023

Ordered Tokyo? Just kidding, that's not included with ID 7153305096

@VirMach will ya double Chinaman's bandwidth and dispatch him to Tokyo?

Just curious about what is inside, if it is rather a disappointment, this nagging old Chinaman will be yelling until next BF

• @yoursunny said:
    QUADRANET 6171 W Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045

My sources say this building is owned by Alchemy Communications. I'm guessing QuadraNet leases a few floors from Alchemy and then leases the rackspace to the smaller fish.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ yoursunny
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@bakageta said:

@Jab said:

Suit yourself, no idea where/how someone tracked down the link, but I'll take my chances. I have faith that VirMach isn't going to ban people just for buying from a link in a forum post, but maybe don't buy one if your account couldn't stand up to scrutiny. Personally, I hope it's all completely randomly generated virbot deals, with most of them being borderline-unusable specs, would make for a fun lottery.

As long as people understand they have no idea what they just bought outside of knowing it's non-refundable, then I'm okay with taking their money I guess. It'd be pretty funny if it was just a test product for IPv6 only, or dual E5 servers, or if there was some type of high risk mechanism people were unaware of because they have none of the accompanying text, or if this is a pre-order for 2025.

You're basically doubling down on the mystery since you don't even know the constraints right now and for most people that could be signing up for more disappointment for no real additional benefit.

• edited November 2023

@VirMach said: or dual E5 servers

E5 for $20 is fine, as long as it is Tokyo E5

BandwagonHost charges Chinaman $50 per year for a LAX VPS
    1 E5 vCore
    512MB RAM
    15GB Disk
    500GB bandwidth
    They also provide $100 variant with 1GB RAM and 1TB bandwidth instead

Haven't read while ordering, so it is two years' price.
    For that price, hit our sorry asses with whatever the chick you consider fit

@VirMach said: signing up for more disappointment for no real additional benefit.

We are masochists after all, aren't we?

• @VirMach said: could be signing up for more disappointment

such is life.

• edited November 2023

@dgc1980 said:

@VirMach said: could be signing up for more disappointment

such is life.

*John Wick's concierge vibe*

• @VirMach The certificate for https://vps.virmach.com has expired, you should check why the script isn't working properly anymore!

BTW, what's the status of DALZ004 and DALZ007? It's been two weeks since you last said servers have been racked, and we're SPECIALly looking forward to them lighting up. :3

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• MJJs used spambots to register over 30,000 free domains in one hour! AMAZING!

• @dyfkz1l said:
    MJJs used spambots to register over 30,000 free domains in one hour! AMAZING!

Free domains, where?!

Thanked by (2)FrankZ sh97

• edited November 2023

@Jab said:
    Free domains, where?!

Are you a MJJ too?

• @dyfkz1l said:

@Jab said:
    Free domains, where?!

Are you a MJJ too?

everyone loves free things, not just Mjj.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ AlwaysSkint sh97
  • @dyfkz1l said:

@Jab said:
    Free domains, where?!

Are you a MJJ too?

If I was an MJJ I would already know where to get free domains! (-:

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Jab said:

@dyfkz1l said:

@Jab said:
    Free domains, where?!

Are you a MJJ too?

If I was an MJJ I would already know where to get free domains! (-:

Seems like mjj have all the fun and get the best deals. It may be time to convert.