VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@tulipyun said:
    @VirMach The certificate for https://vps.virmach.com has expired, you should check why the script isn't working properly anymore!

BTW, what's the status of DALZ004 and DALZ007? It's been two weeks since you last said servers have been racked, and we're SPECIALly looking forward to them lighting up. :3

@tulipyun said:
    @VirMach The certificate for https://vps.virmach.com has expired, you should check why the script isn't working properly anymore!

Yeah I know, I saw it the second the day rolled over. I'd say I've been working on it but I haven't but it's definitely on my important list of important things to do immediately.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous
  • edited November 2023

Why I can no longer change my email

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

He doesn't want you to fall through the cracks.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Flying_Chinaman said:

because your address in China is very complete.

and your name so realistic!

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach said:
    As long as people understand they have no idea what they just bought outside of knowing it's non-refundable, then I'm okay with taking their money I guess. It'd be pretty funny if it was just a test product for IPv6 only, or dual E5 servers, or if there was some type of high risk mechanism people were unaware of because they have none of the accompanying text, or if this is a pre-order for 2025.

You're basically doubling down on the mystery since you don't even know the constraints right now and for most people that could be signing up for more disappointment for no real additional benefit.

Honestly, if it ends up being any of those things? Totally worth the $20 just to watch people's reaction lol. Bought it for the memes, I'm completely expecting something unusable and if I later get something that I can actually use it's a bonus.

• edited November 2023

@VirMach said:

@tulipyun said:

BTW, what's the status of DALZ004 and DALZ007? It's been two weeks since you last said servers have been racked, and we're SPECIALly looking forward to them lighting up. :3

@tulipyun said:

Yeah I know, I saw it the second the day rolled over. I'd say I've been working on it but I haven't but it's definitely on my important list of important things to do immediately.

I find it perplexing that you consistently overlook the inquiries regarding DALZ004 and DALZ007, especially given the valid concern that they were not restored 'this week,' as indicated by the latest network status on 11/7/23. It seems contradictory that you become upset and criticize individuals for not thoroughly reading the network status page and adhering to the specifics in your posts. Yet, there are instances where you conveniently neglect to provide updates to customers who have been patiently waiting for weeks, despite their requests, and these customers refrain from opening tickets in the support panel.

• i saw this

and just thought of

@Flying_Chinaman

• @ehab said:
    i saw this

and just thought of

@Flying_Chinaman

Cum'on I won't fuck a DP port, maybe it is a fetish of @AuroraZero

Thanked by (1)ehab

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

@ehab said:
    i saw this

and just thought of

@Flying_Chinaman

Hey man I don't judge you and your scat fetish you leave my DP ports alone!!!!

Thanked by (1)skorous

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

@TheDP?

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

Renew https://virmach.win/ or let expire?

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @Mason said:

Does it come with a free snuggly?

@Fat32 I am game if the big boy is :wink:

Thanked by (1)FAT32

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited November 2023

@AuroraZero said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@ehab said:
    i saw this

and just thought of

@Flying_Chinaman

How about leaving @TheDP ‘s ports alone… while we are on the topic

edited

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @vyas said:

@AuroraZero said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@ehab said:
    i saw this

and just thought of

@Flying_Chinaman

@AuroraZero said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@ehab said:
    i saw this

and just thought of

@Flying_Chinaman

How about leaving @DP ‘s ports alone… while we are on the topic

Buuuut it's fun not to waaaaahhhh!!!!

Thanked by (1)vyas

• Chinaman gets a feelings that every year at this period, just right before the promotion, Virmach's CPU steal remains pretty low,
    Don't know why that happened, perhaps to lure newcomers?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Chinaman gets a feelings that every year at this period, just right before the promotion, Virmach's CPU steal remains pretty low,
    Don't know why that happened, perhaps to lure newcomers?

my AMS chicken has been 0.0st all year round.

Thanked by (2)ZA_capetown DanSummer

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited November 2023

@cybertech said: my AMS chicken has been 0.0st all year round.

But even Amazon Lightsail charges $3.5 per month at least and comes with old E5
    Okay you mean Amsterdam, Chinaman has no biz on the EU continent
    Preferred US west coast and Tokyo is crowed I suppose

• What is the difference between KVM and KVM Lite?
    How do I check which one of them my chick is?

• @cybertech said: my AMS chicken..

Shhh, FFS!

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

@dyfkz1l said:
    What is the difference between KVM and KVM Lite?
    How do I check which one of them my chick is?

KVM Lite is what used to be our OpenVZ VPS. We kept some of the aspects of OpenVZ although it is on KVM. So for example, the disk amounts start off lower and the legacy KVM Lite plans can expand disk as needed, and new KVM Lite plans you just select disk amount. KVM Lite also lacks some of the features that KVM would normally provide, so no custom ISO mounts although we're slowly phasing that out anyway, and it's limited in locations as well as lower allowance on bursting. If it was purchased more recently or a long time ago on OpenVZ, it's also possible it's not 1Gbps port but lower.

Special offers were previously sold as OpenVZ and KVM, and then some were advertised as KVM Lite but they didn't actually have the disk expanding thing so they're just essentially all KVM specials. If you previous had an OpenVZ special then it'd be a KVM Lite special officially after it got moved over.

Short answer is that it doesn't really matter.

Thanked by (2)ZA_capetown dyfkz1l
  • edited November 2023

@Mason said:

Yo boss, does it relate to the https://virmach[dot]rip/ ?

> @dyfkz1l said: KVM and KVM Lite
    KVM Lite 33% CPU load limit, higher IOPS limit, limited customer(no) support
    KVM 50% CPU load limit, lower IOPS limit, better customer(no) support

The vir-nerd said your disk limit is also based on your VPS disk size as well

@VirMach said: Short answer is that it doesn't really matter.

Really, that is different than your mention last time
    Would don't you make a transparent and consistent policy?

@Flying_Chinaman said: Really, that is different than your mention last time
    Would don't you make a transparent and consistent policy?

Well if you're comparing one unofficial statement to another then I'd unofficially say it doesn't unofficially matter.

• Am i late for the mystery box? How to order?

• @tridinebandim said:
    Am i late for the mystery box? How to order?

original comment mentioning it has been removed, but sent a PM, buy at own risk

Thanked by (1)tridinebandim
  • edited November 2023

VirMach said: Well if you're comparing one unofficial statement to another then I'd unofficially say it doesn't unofficially matter.

Thanked by (1) FrankZ

• I just had this dream:

1. My mother has become the chairman of VirMach.
    2. She decided that IPv4 is costing too much.
    3. Thus, all of my VPSes are combined into single one, with combined price and resources, but single IP.
    4. I can choose the location, but Tokyo is not in the list.

I woke up from this dream when I'm about to choose the location.

Thanked by (1)VirMach

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• edited November 2023

@yoursunny said: but Tokyo is not in the list

Yo, what's your problem with Tokyo?
    Anyway, that's your wonderland

• @VirMach said:
    KVM Lite is what used to be our OpenVZ VPS. We kept some of the aspects of OpenVZ although it is on KVM. So for example, the disk amounts start off lower and the legacy KVM Lite plans can expand disk as needed, and new KVM Lite plans you just select disk amount.

Short answer is that it doesn't really matter.

@Virmach I still have a 2018 one that was originally OVZ, which had the "honour system" disk increase button in the control panel.

It was originally sold as with 80GB sdd, but I only ever increased it to 35GB.

The button to increase it, disappeared some time back. And now it shows up and appears as just a normal 35GB in size.

Should I accept and approach it as now only 35GB for the rest of its life, or is it still possible and easy/reasonable to increase it to 80GB?

• edited November 2023

@VirMach by the way, you mentioned you want to get married, and lure your wife to take care of your biz, so any progress so far?

Thanked by (1)nightcat