VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @Jab said:

@host4cheap said:
    N/A for Flash VPS and BF Sales

@tulipyun said: As I understand it, services marked as "special" are not in the queue where VMs can be recreated, am I correct?

Ah yes, this seems to be limited only to normal users, kinda bad, but kinda expected?
    However I would just double-check if your BF/Flash sale service isn't on that list - I remember VirMach sold many of those as normal servers (or that was old old servers :D) - I am pretty sure I have some that looks normal, but are from BF.

Also from what I can see the status message is (again) waiting for DC so yeah, probably BF took priority.

Obviously flash sale users do not have the rights you mentioned.
    The only thing DALZ users can do now is to hope that @virmach can resume services as soon as possible.Although this is indeed very humbling.

• AffectionateMiniature-VM this time!

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @cybertech said:

@wuyicheng538 said:
    Black Friday is here, but DALZ004 and DALZ007, which have been offline for more than three months, still show no signs of recovery.
    I suspect @virmach is not seriously addressing this issue and is instead putting all his energy into Black Friday marketing.
    Oh, poor DALZ users have become abandoned users.

you can choose not to renew

I thought that from the moment an order was placed, everyone had to abide by the spirit of the contract. It is probably not right for businesses to fail to provide stable services but leave consumers to bear the consequences. What do you think?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@wuyicheng538 said:

@cybertech said:

@wuyicheng538 said:
    Black Friday is here, but DALZ004 and DALZ007, which have been offline for more than three months, still show no signs of recovery.
    I suspect @virmach is not seriously addressing this issue and is instead putting all his energy into Black Friday marketing.

I thought that from the moment an order was placed, everyone had to abide by the spirit of the contract. It is probably not right for businesses to fail to provide stable services but leave consumers to bear the consequences. What do you think?

i think it is naive to assume consumers will be protected always :)

anyway it is your money your choice. i also have service with virmach and luckily it is up for me.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@storm said:

@cybertech said:

Custom special biennial renewal with another year left. I don't care about my 2+ month old data; I just want the service that I already paid for. At this point, the chances of seeing that hardware again are slim unless it's on ebay.

Does no one actually read the network status page?

I'm not saying it's not taking a very long time or whatever other justifiably negative thing you want to say about the situation but it's very clear that the servers are currently at the facility.

@wuyicheng538 said:

@cybertech said:

@wuyicheng538 said:

Out of all the many servers that were stuck in a situation where the provider went out of business with about 18 hour official notice (and I am not excusing the fact that these two should have been obviously backed up and restored sooner) I do believe two servers having a major delay is a lot better than the many other ways it could have gone horribly wrong if we were unable to coordinate the mass immediate collection & migration of physical servers.

We are not refusing to extend service lengths.

We are not refusing to continue providing the service once it returns back online.

The timeline for these has nothing to do with any other business operation that happens during the process.

If these two servers were obliterated, in the end all customers would receive a refund to original payment method if possible or to store credits and we have no intention of not honoring what was sold.

You can obviously complain or provide feedback, it won't speed up the process and I won't be able to provide you with any false assurances you seek. So feel free to continue speaking about it, but it changes nothing.

Thanked by (1)wankel
  • @VirMach said: Does no one actually read the network status page?

I don't know to read I am a Yeti!

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• edited November 2023

@VirMach said:
    TL; DR
    You can obviously complain or provide feedback, it won't speed up the process and I won't be able to provide you with any false assurances you seek. Sofeel free to continue speaking about it, but it changes nothing.

O'no one actually read the network status page
    and you don't need to write a massive blob each time
    shrink your response and make it less than 20 words

And use the saved time to flirt with ladies literate that dumb Yeti above

smartass shitposting satirist

virmach would rather ignore you than reply in less than 20 words.

• @cybertech said: virmach would rather ignore you than reply in less than 20 words.

Best thing is that he edited his post like 5 times and from 'tl;dr' it changed to 6 sentences. Soon he will be like VirMach :D

Thanked by (2)VirMach FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

@Jab said:

@cybertech said: virmach would rather ignore you than reply in less than 20 words.

Best thing is that he edited his post like 5 times and from 'tl;dr' it changed to 6 sentences. Soon he will be like VirMach :D

everytime I can't sleep i come in here to read Virmach responses.

Thanked by (2)dgc1980 VirMach

@cybertech said:

@Jab said:

@cybertech said: virmach would rather ignore you than reply in less than 20 words.

Every time I can't sleep I come here to write a VirMach response.

• edited November 2023

@VirMach said:

@cybertech said:

@Jab said:

Everytime I am slacking off i come here to nag Virmach.

@VirMach said:

@cybertech said:

@Jab said:

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Fine I'll provide some information on DALZ004 and DALZ007. They are clearly cursed and we're trying to break the hex but it's not working out too well. Basically every server that came in from Dallas except these two are functional at the datacenter now (just not reconfigured as that's not a priority for them since they've already been moved off.) There's been three or four hands requests for them so far and if this last one doesn't work they're going to have to get shipped off again back to us at this point and I'll see if we can just recreate all services including specials if that happens.

After one of the hands requests I just assumed they didn't complete it properly and that's still a possibility, so it could be I end up getting them back and see nothing wrong with them but we're having difficulties getting remote management working and I'm not receiving any feedback that would indicate they have other problems.

For @Flying_Chinaman let me drag out this message a little longer by saying that I would originally not be surprised if was something mind-boggling stupid like they just forgot to plug in the ethernet cable in one of the original requests. However I did get a photo from them in this latest request and it's definitely plugged in with the indicator light on, and the servers are definitely powered on, and they definitely are posting. I just can't think of anything else other than this being some insane conspiracy where they both actually happen to be the only two servers where nothing ever works and they are indeed a statistical improbability where both the BMC chips decided to just die in a strange way with no symptoms.

• Plot twist: there is no hardware inside, it's just fucking LEDs and photoshopped screen!

Thanked by (3)FrankZ ZA_capetown someTom

• edited November 2023

@VirMach BF promo page is still the same as last year

https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/

Com'on, use your gauche UI taste to create a new one!

• recreate all vps if offline more then one week.
    pull back data later.
    it would be better.
    Virmach you have enough servers, don't you.

@nightcat said:
    recreate all vps if offline more then one week.
    pull back data later.
    it would be better.
    Virmach you have enough servers, don't you.

We're still working on a system I described a while back. But let's say you're speaking about DALZ004 and DALZ007 at the time they went down, then the answer to your question would have been "no."

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    @VirMach BF promo page is still the same as last year

https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/

Com'on, use your gauche UI taste to create a new one!

Still deciding.

• What will happen to the mystery boxes? They are still unopened. 🫡

• @margincons said:
    What will happen to the mystery boxes? They are still unopened. 🫡

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/158166/#Comment_158166

Orders will start to be provisioned once all available quantities have been purchased, or after the sale ends on 23:59 PST November 25th.

@margincons said:
    What will happen to the mystery boxes? They are still unopened. 🫡

they will be opened.

• @VirMach STOR.NYC-B004S.VMS went down about 30 minutes ago.

• edited November 2023

all NYC is down it looks --- they are looking into it and it says its probably their switch.

• JabJab
    edited November 2023

BlackFriday, perfect timing.
    JustVirmachLuck (c)

Switch or they got global nullrouted? :D

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• switch was replaced by mystery box!

• Does Virmach simply not send verification emails to disposable address providers?
    Since every company seems to get breached eventually these days, I don't use reuse passwords or give out my real email.
    Plus there's a Facebook tracker embedded in Virmach's email signup field. The cost of convenience on that FB integration I guess, but if Zuckerberg knows about my mystery box I could lose millions. Millions!

@ruets said:
    Does Virmach simply not send verification emails to disposable address providers?
    Since every company seems to get breached eventually these days, I don't use reuse passwords or give out my real email.
    Plus there's a Facebook tracker embedded in Virmach's email signup field. The cost of convenience on that FB integration I guess, but if Zuckerberg knows about my mystery box I could lose millions. Millions!

I don't even think anyone uses our Facebook integration or that it even works so I should consider removing that.

There's a common reason for what you're describing and you could create a ticket as long as you're not leaving out any other important details such as the common correlations between the issue you're experiencing and people who also tend to have multiple accounts.

Thanked by (1)ruets
  • Cum'on Virmach, waiting for yo update