Free NAT KVMs! -- Eleven Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org

Comments

• thank you

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • I've been here for a long time and I haven't been able to get enough 25 thanks !

• @newlan said:
    I've been here for a long time and I haven't been able to get enough 25 thanks !

I feel like it's hard to get thanks here. I got it elsewhere and am using FreeVPS.org.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

BALLOON | FU-SEN from Japan - You may know me from other places...

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@balloon said:
    > @newlan said:
    > I've been here for a long time and I haven't been able to get enough 25 thanks !

I feel like it's hard to get thanks here. I got it elsewhere and am using FreeVPS.org.

@newlan Do you think about the other members when you post? Do you post your tech questions and your tutorials? Are many of your posts just about your own participation in some deal or another deal?

@newlan I am guessing that you might not be a native English speaker. Maybe it sometimes can be more difficult for someone who is not a native English speaker to be thanked?

@newlan What FreeVPS can do is talk inside the FreeVPS Team about making a one time exception to the 25 Thanks rule just for you. Please read the OP again, and please do what it says in the OP: go sign up for a FreeVPS account, and then post your account numbers and your desired location. If you have any questions about the procedure, just ask here in this thread. Maybe the Team will agree to make an exception for you. :) If the Team does not agree to make the exception for you, probably something else might happen.

@balloon You seem to be a nice guy! Thank you for your helpful, polite comments here on LES and also on OGF. May I please ask, What are you running on your FreeVPS? Are you satisfied with it? What could FreeVPS do to make your VPS better?

Best wishes! :)

Thanked by (2)carlin0 yoursunny

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @Not_Oles said:
    @balloon You seem to be a nice guy! Thank you for your helpful, polite comments here on LES and also on OGF. May I please ask, What are you running on your FreeVPS? Are you satisfied with it? What could FreeVPS do to make your VPS better?

I run a Japanese Telnet BBS. It uses a Raspberry Pi 3 B. A Japanese VPS was required to communicate via Telnet.
    (PPPoE and NAT are no longer being used in Japan due to changes in lines)
    For that purpose, I go through FreeVPS.org's Tokyo VPS. Since the transfer was text, it was very small and had sufficient specifications.

Also, as a Misskey bot, I am running a simple code using cron. (if you know, misskey is a SNS like Mastodon)

I used to do this on AMD in an OCI instance, and a lot of people had trouble with it.
    Thanks to FreeVPS.org that was switched. I'm really satisfied. Thanks for the offer!

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@balloon Excellent! Very fun ways to use a FreeVPS! Congrats!

Yes, telnet still has its uses such as your BBS. Sometimes telnet still can talk with a friendly email MTA. Sometimes telnet can talk with a friendly router. Back in the old days I often connected to a computer in a library via telnet. The library's computer had Lynx browser installed. Plus the library's computer had a fast connection. It was great! :)

I am glad your FreeVPS is working well for you! I hope you continue having fun with FreeVPS, telnet, your BBS, and Misskey!

Thanked by (1)balloon

• edited November 2023

@newlan said:
    I've been here for a long time and I haven't been able to get enough 25 thanks !

But you only have 31 posts, maybe you should participate more

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

Good morning, guys! FreeVPS is delighted to announce that its long search for a Project Leader finally succeeded! Eric @crunchbits generously has stepped forward to take leadership!

For quite some time it has been my opinion that the long term future of FreeVPS would benefit greatly from leadership better able to accomplish overall, high-level structural organization, corporate registration, and possibly even non-profit status. Moreover I keep wanting to invest my time toward additional goals.

Nevertheless, there was no one who was willing to take over FreeVPS! Finally, back in February, I tried leaving the Project Leader position open. That didn't work. By March 21 there had been ten or eleven days without a post on the FreeVPS thread. So I had to come back.

By March 31, FreeVPS added a LES thread. By May 26 FreeVPS crossed the 50 Client milestone. Then FreeVPS enjoyed its First Birthday Celebration on October 6.

On October 21 I was able to raise only about half of the $160 that I requested to incorporate FreeVPS. Not incorporatiing FreeVPS closes the door to tax-exempt donations. Moreover, all the server Sponsors quite reasonably want a name on their sponsored server accounts as the party responsible. With incorporation, the corporation can be the responsible party. Without incorporation, one or another of the individuals on the FreeVPS Team has to hold personal responsibility for sponsored servers. That isn't fair!

Right now, behind the scenes, FreeVPS is being approached by still more server Sponsors. India, Singapore, and Africa are being considered! The FreeVPS Team recently has doubled! FreeVPS is above 80 clients, well on its way to reaching 100!

Already, Eric has suggested an agenda for further progress, upgraded the FreeVPS Team's internal chat, and has mapped the steps leading toward incorporation. I ask everyone to be kind to Eric. He is more than just a Provider. He is one of us here at our beautiful Low End! The FreeVPS Team members and I have talked with Eric every day for months and months. Please appreciate the amount of work and expense Eric has taken on by assuming leadership of FreeVPS after nobody else stepped up to benefit the community. FreeVPS has shown many signs of future success, and Eric has shown many signs of capable leadership. Both groups of signs give me hope and confidence that FreeVPS has a good chance for a great future!

As for me, I have another initiative in mind. I plan to stick around here at wonderful LES. You might even see a few more posts from me. :)

Thanks so much to all the FreeVPS Server Sponsors! So many of you now! Thanks so much to the Sponsors of our administrative and billing sites, software, and consulting. To the FreeVPS Team, what can I say? I love you all! To the guys in the Community, our FreeVPS Clients, I love you too! <3

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

Hardware upgrade underway for hypervisor ID TYO-K3 (Japan) - we are migrating services to new hypervisor.
    Expected disruption 2 - 10 minutes per service depending on disk size.

This will affect FreeVPS Tokyo node.

• get ready for updates regarding some of our locations :D

• Thanks for Giving-Back-The-Community! 💖

• Hello Everyone

New And Returning Locations With IPv6!

Please read original post to see how you can get your own freevps!

All our locations now have working IPv6 thanks to the freevps team!

Again thank you for our sponsors!!!

• edited November 2023

Hi All,
    A bit late for the BF/CM, but we wanted to give something to our users!
    Similar to our anniversary giveaway - comment with a keyword, and you may be a lucky winner who gets a random resource upgrade (except TYO, which will be a port upgrade)

To make it fun this time, we've taken some inspiration from the recent event around one of our sponsors Crunchbits.
    To participate, just comment #LoremIpsum. No spamming - only one entry per user.

We will be drawing the winners during the weekend!
    Good Luck!

• @sh97 you guys have sponsors? Why doesn't the Yeti have sponsors?

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said:
    @sh97 you guys have sponsors? Why doesn't the Yeti have sponsors?

Frankz is blocking our attempts. blame him!

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @sh97 said:

@AuroraZero said:
    @sh97 you guys have sponsors? Why doesn't the Yeti have sponsors?

Frankz is blocking our attempts. blame him!

That Summa Ditch!!!!!

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• LoremIpsum

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

• LoremIpsum

Why?

• LoremIpsum

• LoremIpsum

• LoremIpsum

• LōrëmÍpsûm

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• you all been drinking again?