VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @VirMach said:

@jungleparrot said:

@VirMach said:
    Want me to tell you what you would've gotten?

Hit me.

Sorry for the wait, hopefully the drumroll wasn't too annoying.

2GB RAM, 2 Core, 25GB disk, 1TB bandwidth

Thanked by (1)Jab
  • @Jab said:
    @jungleparrot How do you feel now? Are you sad that payment was 'declined' or you happy that you dodge a bullet? Tell us your first reaction!

That would have been a better VPS than I was expecting to get for .83 a month.

• @LES-BOT  莱斯博特 said: 25 different predetermined plans have been made by the provider and have been viewed by all LES staff.

@VirMach said:
    SKU #6? 7? Probably 7, @Jab is better at this than I am.

This is the last one.

Is it correct to understand that users can only get 7 of these SKUs? @VirMach

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• JabJab
    edited November 2023

@VirMach said: You were actually the literal last person to buy it I'm pretty sure if I remember your name correctly. Oh wait yeah this is definitely you. I saw you buy it actually and I was like "alright, we finally got him to buy another plan, no need to keep this going."

Damn, so it's all my fault and we maybe hit another tier if waited for another 3 days!? :D
    EDIT: Wait, was next tier even good or it was back to some low level?

Double RAM, Double DISK and FREE location move for last and first guy, what do you think!?
    /s

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach

If you guys are interested I'll let you discuss amongst yourselves the value in selecting a location.

I think a quick flash sale would be preferable... 1c/1gb/10gb...

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@tulipyun said:

@LES-BOT  莱斯博特 said: 25 different predetermined plans have been made by the provider and have been viewed by all LES staff.

@VirMach said:
    SKU #6? 7? Probably 7, @Jab is better at this than I am.

This is the last one.

Answered on the other thread.

• @cybertech said:
    at least you got a good one before BF 🤣

Hell yeah! I'm loving it. Between that and my trusty $7/yr 2020 deal, I feel like I'm actually costing @VirMach.

Thanked by (2)ZA_capetown DanSummer

It's pronounced hacker.

• JabJab
    edited November 2023

@jqr said: Hell yeah! I'm loving it. Between that and my trusty $7/yr 2020 deal, I feel like I'm actually costing @VirMach.

Don't worry, there are much worse people than you here
    :trollface:

// But that is years of BFs, easter eggs hunts, spamming bus numbers, licking VirMach balls etc.

WOOF WOOF

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Jab said: // But that is years of BFs, easter eggs hunts, spamming bus numbers, licking VirMach balls etc.

Very nostalgic moments.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2023

For those who think I get preferential treatment from VirMach, the Mystery Box VM I received was ....
    It's a Mystery

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @VirMach said:

@tulipyun said:

@LES-BOT  said: 25 different predetermined plans have been made by the provider and have been viewed by all LES staff.

@VirMach said:

@VirMach said:

25 predetermined plans were made and viewed by LES staff. People collectively only purchased 7 of them. Let me know if you're interesting in purchasing all of the other 18 of them so you can see they exist. Your position in the purchase is what determines what you get so whether there's 1 plan, 200 plans, it doesn't affect you as an individual in the position you were.

@LES-BOT  said: How will plans be assigned to orders ?

The plans already have a predetermined order and will be assigned in the order they are received.

There are poor, good, and greats plans in random order. So ordering early or late does not determine whether you get a better plan or not.

Well, this is the part I don't understand, since the plans are randomly assigned, there should obviously be more than 7 plans being purchased, and according to you, there are only 7 plans being purchased at the moment, which is obviously a fixed number of plans being assigned to different customers in the order of purchase, which seems to lose enough variety.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• JabJab
    edited November 2023

@tulipyun said: Well, this is the part I don't understand, since the plans are randomly assigned

500 slots in total

1-32 gets plan #1
    33-99 gets plan #2
    100-105 gets plan #3
    106-195 gets plan #4
    196-202 gets plan #5
    202-302 gets plan #6
    303-310 gets plan #7
    311-350 gets plan #8
    351 gets plan #9 JACKPOT
    352-362 gets plan #10
    363-391 gets plan #11
    392-396 gets plan #12
    397-400 gets plan #13
    etc etc etc

People bought "only" 252 slots/Mystery Boxes - we never went past plan #6.

You

Thanked by (3)FrankZ DanSummer HiEndSoul

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2023

@tulipyun said:

@VirMach said:

@tulipyun said:

@LES-BOT  said: 25 different predetermined plans have been made by the provider and have been viewed by all LES staff.

@VirMach said:

@VirMach said:

25 predetermined plans were made and viewed by LES staff. People collectively only purchased 7 of them. Let me know if you're interesting in purchasing all of the other 18 of them so you can see they exist. Your position in the purchase is what determines what you get so whether there's 1 plan, 200 plans, it doesn't affect you as an individual in the position you were.

@LES-BOT  said: How will plans be assigned to orders ?

The plans already have a predetermined order and will be assigned in the order they are received.

There are poor, good, and greats plans in random order. So ordering early or late does not determine whether you get a better plan or not.

Well, this is the part I don't understand, since the plans are randomly assigned, there should obviously be more than 7 plans being purchased, and according to you, there are only 7 plans being purchased at the moment, which is obviously a fixed number of plans being assigned to different customers in the order of purchase, which seems to lose enough variety.

This was how it was set up and understood by LES staff. Nothing nefarious going on here. It was unknown how many would be sold and plans were balanced along the way to keep the average plan within a certain range no matter how many were sold in total. Based on what I see people saying that they received it all appears to be provisioned as expected.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @tototo said:

@VirMach said:
    SKU#4

2048MB
    2 CPU
    50GB Disk
    4.1TB bandwidth (don't ask me why it's +0.1TB bandwidth I don't remember I'm just following orders.)

I got this in Atlanta but I don't know where Atlanta is in America 😂

Atlanta is the underwater island between California and Hawaii. Turn left at Aquaman's house and right at the Coke factory.

• @Jab said:

@tulipyun said: Well, this is the part I don't understand, since the plans are randomly assigned

500 slots in total

1-32 gets plan #1
    33-99 gets plan #2
    100-105 gets plan #3
    106-195 gets plan #4
    196-202 gets plan #5
    202-302 gets plan #6
    303-310 gets plan #7
    311-350 gets plan #8
    351 gets plan #9 JACKPOT
    352-362 gets plan #10
    363-391 gets plan #11
    392-396 gets plan #12
    397-400 gets plan #13
    etc etc etc

People bought "only" 252 slots/Mystery Boxes - we never went past plan #6.

You

Got it, thanks for the explanation, it looks like Virmach punished those who purchased the mystery box first because the program that came first in line was the worst.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2023

@tulipyun said: Got it, thanks for the explanation, it looks like Virmach punished those who purchased the mystery box first because the program that came first in line was the worst.

I told people not to buy early when the order thread was leaked on nodeseek, but of course nobody who is bitching listened.

EDIT: Links added.
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/156868/#Comment_156868
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/156889/#Comment_156889

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman

• edited November 2023

Let's laugh on losers who bought 128 dead-end for $20 hahahahahaha.🤣

• @VirMach said:
    Okay so I find this pretty funny, this guy that got a 128MB plan ended up getting bumped up to SKU#2 and he's actually supposed to be in SKU#3 and I'll let the person reveal themselves if they want because it's extra funny when you find out who it is. Insanely lucky bastard.

SKU#3

4096MB RAM
    2 CPU
    100GB Disk
    4TB Bandwidth

I'd be happy to swap my FittingUneven-VM (SKU 6 or 7 or whichever one https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/160834/#Comment_160834 was lol) for their "piece of crap. If you really wanna show them a lesson you should do it. :P

• @margincons said:

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023. B)

Thanked by (1)margincons

• @FrankZ said: I told people not to buy early when the order thread was leaked on nodeseek, but of course nobody who is bitching listened.

You did? I must have missed that.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited November 2023

@tulipyun said:

@margincons said:

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023. B)

hahahahahahaha

you could have chosen not to buy

hahahahahahaha

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• I am happy with my 5GB/3C/45GB system, the $60 for 2 years actually makes it worthwhile, with a $20 renewal for 2 years.

I may actually use the 640MB as a wireguard vpn, as it has 10TB bandwidth,

but the 128MB ummmm this may be a keep offline or even just cancel immediately and return the resources because yeah, not even worth idling.

but overall, I am happy one was a beast.

Thanked by (2)ZA_capetown DanSummer
  • @FrankZ said:

@tulipyun said: Got it, thanks for the explanation, it looks like Virmach punished those who purchased the mystery box first because the program that came first in line was the worst.

I told people not to buy early when the order thread was leaked on nodeseek, but of course nobody who is bitching listened.

LOL I totally missed that and also seeing the deal posted. Fortunately(?) I only saw it a little while after your last call post: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/159921/#Comment_159921

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @cybertech said:

@tulipyun said:

@margincons said:

hahahahahahaha

you could have chosen not to buy

hahahahahahaha

You are incorrect, I chose to buy it specifically because of my support for virmach.

But punishing the forerunners with a bad program does surprise me. :p

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@tulipyun said: You are incorrect, I chose to buy it specifically because of my support for virmach.

I'm saving this quote for posterity. :smile:

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

• @FrankZ said:

the first one (before the event officially went live) was not the issue 640MB is usable, the 2nd one after the post was revealed was the 128MB lol, my 3rd one that was "I hope this makes it close quicker" was the lotto winner

• @tulipyun said:

You are incorrect, I chose to buy it specifically because of my support for virmach.

But punishing the forerunners with a bad program does surprise me. :p

You supported VirMach, and they hammered you back! 🤣
    I love the way loyal customers are getting beaten by so-called 'The Best Providers.
    End of the day, they have another reason to move on to somewhere better. 🫡

• @FrankZ said:

@tulipyun said: You are incorrect, I chose to buy it specifically because of my support for virmach.

That won't be necessary. I've offered my last support. :)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2023

@dgc1980 said:

@FrankZ said:

the first one (before the event officially went live) was not the issue 640MB is usable, the 2nd one after the post was revealed was the 128MB lol, my 3rd one that was "I hope this makes it close quicker" was the lotto winner

You listened to the part where I said.

Can you give us a hint on how to get a good Mystery Box VPS ?

Ordering multiple Mystery Boxes through out the day on BF ensures you have a higher chance of getting at least one of the good plans.

So I am glad you got at least one good one. :+1:

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@tulipyun said:

@FrankZ said:

That won't be necessary. I've offered my last support. :)

thank you for your support!

i didn't buy any mystery box, i hope virmach does not alienate me :(

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.