VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• BTW
    you should install ubuntu18 or centos7

Thanked by (1)HiEndSoul
  • @menatplay said:

Admit defeat for bet
    I got 128M too

Of course I accept the result and admit the bet but not only the lose of lottery but also lose the bet on Virmach's business manner

• lol, salty, salty tears

Thanked by (1)terrorgen
  • @HiEndSoul said:

So while many of us initialy get notified from different sources about the new listing of mystery box we placed order without hesitate even there is no information have been released yet just because our trust to this provider and although we understand it's a lottery but we thought there won't be lower specs than that bottom line.

Oh, I don't like 128M RAM either.

I noticed you were one of the first purchasers as well, and we all got the worst plans.

Can @VirMach please clarify that the orders at the top of the queue all got 128M? Thanks!!!

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• Hitler used to be a good person

youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU
    All of my VMs: https://nodecheck.net/s/otusibrc/

• edited November 2023

@tulipyun said:

@HiEndSoul said:

So while many of us initialy get notified from different sources about the new listing of mystery box we placed order without hesitate even there is no information have been released yet just because our trust to this provider and although we understand it's a lottery but we thought there won't be lower specs than that bottom line.

Oh, I don't like 128M RAM either.

I noticed you were one of the first purchasers as well, and we all got the worst plans.

Can @VirMach please clarify that the orders at the top of the queue all got 128M? Thanks!!!

Agreed.
    As the campaign is end it's more fair for @VirMach to publish the full list of All mystery box results (including Purchase time, Hostname and Plan) to improve transparency.

• @Otus9051 said:
    Hitler used to be a good person

Wat

• @HiEndSoul said:

This made me laugh so much.

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    Yo VirmAch™, Why add ® to the title of your website

aaaaaand back to shitposting again. :)

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • edited November 2023

@DanSummer said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

Do not blame me, curiosity calls

@VirMach there is a bug in service transfer.
    Depends on how many times you clicked,
    it will generate related times of invoice
    Invoice 1607302 is paid, and 1607303 is redundant

smartass shitposting satirist

• After 20 years of service experience from different hosts. :s
    They have the worst service
    Support is completely closed
    There are several days off per month
    Once they were off for a week
    Disgusting
    A thief in every sense
    It is not worth the test
    With the same amount, you can get service from anywhere
    My IP address changed 6 times in one year
    Many times they were disconnected
    They would answer the messages within two or three months
    Many tickets are not even opened
    The internet link speed was 20 to 40 Mbps for me most of the time
    If you want, I can share all the information so that you don't get fooled.

Thanked by (1)emengweb
  • msattmsatt OG
    edited November 2023

I got a really poor VM but purchased the mystery box knowing that I could get crap. I also knew that by purchasing I was potentially helping Virmach.
    I have no need for the VM especially as it is in Phoenix and I am in the UK and it has really low bandwidth. So what is the point of keeping the box - I have already tried to cancel and the stupid system does not allow you to cancel immediately (only at end of billing period). So had to open a ticket !!!!!
    If you 'support' @VirMach and your box is crap, cancel it and feel good that at least some benefit will be achieved from your $20.
    Would I ever purchase another mystery box under the same conditions - NO WAY - I have made my donation.

Edit
    Re read this and it 'sounds' a bit harsh, it is not meant to be. Just facts and I would actually say written in a similar style to virmach's :)
    As far as the poll, expect No to be the dominant answer for many reasons.

Thanked by (1)emengweb
  • @VirMach trolled you all and got paid for doing it.

This is one of the greatest moments in LE* history.

Thanked by (4)skorous yoursunny _MS_ FAT32
  • @VirMach like we discussed your invoice system has a bug when you remove a recurring service back even a month before expire. you asked me to figure everyting out i do this in the already merged Ticket #953568.
    I am a customer from 2018 , always paid on time and you can see i paid over $1000 with no invoices open and you keep everything on suspended , what are we waiting for, if i did not pay or there is anything you can blame me for fine, but when everything is paid and after that machines get suspended and terminated at least unsuspend and fix the terminated one and then take all the time of the world to check the ticket.

• @Nekki said:

@Otus9051 said:
    Hitler used to be a good person

Wat

poor guy was just an artist 😞

• @msatt said:
    I got a really poor VM but purchased the mystery box knowing that I could get crap. I also knew that by purchasing I was potentially helping Virmach.
    I have no need for the VM especially as it is in Phoenix and I am in the UK and it has really low bandwidth. So what is the point of keeping the box - I have already tried to cancel and the stupid system does not allow you to cancel immediately (only at end of billing period). So had to open a ticket !!!!!
    If you 'support' @VirMach and your box is crap, cancel it and feel good that at least some benefit will be achieved from your $20.
    Would I ever purchase another mystery box under the same conditions - NO WAY - I have made my donation.

Edit
    Re read this and it 'sounds' a bit harsh, it is not meant to be. Just facts and I would actually say written in a similar style to virmach's :)
    As far as the poll, expect No to be the dominant answer for many reasons.

As it’s a for-profit company it not needs any donations even though you can do this if feeling good but in most cases people choose them with a expectation that they will have basic respect to both their clients and their business instead of being toyed.

• edited November 2023

True gambler never give up

@FrankZ said: Moved from General to Rants.

Cum'on I dare call it rather rational rant

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

To merge, or not to merge, that is the question.
    Moved from General to Rants.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin yoursunny

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    To merge, or not to merge, that is the question.
    Moved from General to Rants.

Where's the shitpost section?

• @HiEndSoul said:
    I have been using Virmach since more than three years ago. The first couple of years with Virmach is smooth without issues just like other providers does. I still have a legacy OVZ-256 and I remember while they migrate all OVZ product line to KVM they upgrade all OVZ-256 servers to 384MB RAM because they used to know there is a bottom line and as for KVM VPS with lower RAM is basicly not usable.

It literally made me surprised while the rules of this mystery box released.
    As we all know there won't be a use case of VPS with 128MB RAM for most people.
    However there is quite a few folks gets 128MB plans which is just too much to make a meme.
    I believe as a result most of these 128MB plans will keep idle during the whole 2 years but I wonder if there will be much profit can be made by this because the ipv4 may cost quite a part of the price.

Now there is a lose-lose situation as their customers totally wasted their 20 bucks althrough it won't give Virmach too much profit but disappointment from customers by punishing it's followers for their blindfold trust.

I will never use their bad service again. never

• @tototo said:
    I can't believe this is only $20/2yr...

Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3493.434 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 512.0 MiB
    Disk       : 49.4 GiB

Believe me, even one dollar is too much for their bad service.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@jobsky77 said:

@HiEndSoul said:
    I have been using Virmach since more than three years ago. The first couple of years with Virmach is smooth without issues just like other providers does. I still have a legacy OVZ-256 and I remember while they migrate all OVZ product line to KVM they upgrade all OVZ-256 servers to 384MB RAM because they used to know there is a bottom line and as for KVM VPS with lower RAM is basicly not usable.

It literally made me surprised while the rules of this mystery box released.
    As we all know there won't be a use case of VPS with 128MB RAM for most people.
    However there is quite a few folks gets 128MB plans which is just too much to make a meme.
    I believe as a result most of these 128MB plans will keep idle during the whole 2 years but I wonder if there will be much profit can be made by this because the ipv4 may cost quite a part of the price.

Now there is a lose-lose situation as their customers totally wasted their 20 bucks althrough it won't give Virmach too much profit but disappointment from customers by punishing it's followers for their blindfold trust.

I will never use their bad service again. never

i hope you remember what you said

Thanked by (2)DanSummer skorous

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

All I was in charge of was creating a pool of exact resources that were a better deal than the regular plans since there'd be risk and fun involved, and then making them as random as possible in no particular order or quantity, because in the end it all adds up to the same thing for the same total price.

In fact the plans that got created in the quantities they did average out to be better than the six plans previewed average for anyone who read what they were buying, and the plans were also pretty much right on the dot for being the intended average even in a smaller group of activations so we dodged a bullet on that one and no one can claim the lower quantities had a negative impact.

@tulipyun said: Can @VirMach please clarify that the orders at the top of the queue all got 128M? Thanks!!!

Confirmed, Everything you've described so far that I have seen has essentially been what was disclosed as part of how this particular deal was specifically planned out to ensure it's randomized, fair, verifiable, and quickly deployable.

@HiEndSoul said: we placed order without hesitate even there is no information have been released yet

This seems to be the issue here and there's nothing I can do about your decisions to claim you're a big boy on the order form and then behave this way afterward.

@HiEndSoul said: As the campaign is end it's more fair for @VirMach to publish the full list of All mystery box results (including Purchase time, Hostname and Plan) to improve transparency.

You could feel free to post it amongst yourselves and verify that everyone was created as mentioned. If you map it out, it goes exactly SKU1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 in that order based on lowest to highest. So this was another benefit, it's independently verifiable. I didn't pick when you ordered or how many people ordered.

@skorous said:

@HiEndSoul said: we placed order without hesitate even there is no information have been released yet

Well lets hope you learned a lesson and don't just randomly buy absolutely anything without knowing what it is first. For all you knew he was going to send you a literal cardboard box in the mail. Zero sympathy.

It's not even like it wasn't literally named "mystery box." If OP really didn't expect 128MB then I'd say it did its job well, no?

Thanked by (2)jqr bakageta
  • @VirMach
    Life is too short to argue
    Just say "aight fuck off ya cunt" and move on.

• edited November 2023

Again every sorry ass comes here,
    yelled and cursed,
    at the end of the day,
    either get banned or PUA by that Mexican shepherd

rest in peace brother
    AMEN

@jobsky77 said: They have the worst service
    Support is completely closed
    There are several days off per month

Basically most the time people come here angry and say something like this, it's true, and it means our ticket queues are working as intended. They're just grouped up with the same few percent of customers and get an equivalent percentage of our time dedicated to them. It's really strange how their queue ends up always being so slow and terrible for them, you'd think it would be the same as the other 95% of customers since they get the same amount of time dedicated to them per customer, especially when most of them have limited support packages, it should be less.

@hike said:
    @VirMach like we discussed your invoice system has a bug when you remove a recurring service back even a month before expire. you asked me to figure everyting out i do this in the already merged Ticket #953568.
    I am a customer from 2018 , always paid on time and you can see i paid over $1000 with no invoices open and you keep everything on suspended , what are we waiting for, if i did not pay or there is anything you can blame me for fine, but when everything is paid and after that machines get suspended and terminated at least unsuspend and fix the terminated one and then take all the time of the world to check the ticket.

If I recall correctly as it's been a busy week, you were facing an issue, I asked for some specific information and I remember glancing at a second ticket created that didn't include that information. It ended up being merged and merged tickets end up being resolved more slowly. Remember I said if I recall correctly though, I don't actually know, it's just how I remember it.

I asked you those questions and I was following it very specifically because if it is a WHMCS bug (our 3rd party system) then it needs to be resolved correctly otherwise I could unsuspend your service and they could all end up being terminated randomly in the future if it's not fixed properly. I pulled up your ticket right now and see you finally replied with the information requested so I'll try to get back to you today. I already pushed the services up to take minimal action to make sure they don't terminate until you response so it could be looked into thoroughly and properly but if you prefer I can unsuspend them, take all the time in the world to look at it/check, but I have a feeling if something went wrong as you mentioned then it won't end very well.

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@DanSummer said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

Do not blame me, curiosity calls

@VirMach there is a bug in service transfer.
    Depends on how many times you clicked,
    it will generate related times of invoice
    Invoice 1607302 is paid, and 1607303 is redundant

Don't click it twice, one click per invoice you desire.

• edited November 2023

@VirMach said: Don't click it twice, one click per invoice you desire.

O'you should write a DB lock for that user and then validate the request in the backend,
    rather than expect your Muggle customer to do it properly

Last time I recall, when you implement the migration button,
    you forgot to validate the input.
    Hence, lots of MJJ have smuggled to Tokyo via F12 console

• souensouen OG
    edited November 2023

Voted "no" in the poll. The Mystery Box, while a fun novelty as applied to VPS, just wasn't something I was interested in getting, regardless of the box opening results.

Frankly, I thought people were buying them for laughs, as collectibles from a favorite provider to mostly idle or to flip them afterwards, given there were good deals to be had throughout the weekend around the same price point.

Since buyers don't know the exact specs they're getting, any planning ahead should be based on the baseline configuration (128 MB) and if it turns out to be more than that, it's a bonus. I feel a bit bad for the folks who bought earliest and got the short end of the stick, hope their luck will be better next year. If all the boxes had been sold, it sounds like from the offer description someone would have gotten the baseline version anyway, those were the offer conditions. The baseline configuration should still be usable though? It wouldn't make sense to provision a complete dud if a provider wanted to keep a positive reputation.

Channel your inner LowEndSpirit and get some use out of the box! Even if it's to show a green dot on the monitoring dashboard.

Edit: typos.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint bakageta
  • @Virmach , you need to do what is best for both of us , but i think you can imagen when everything is paid and suddenly your machines get suspended that does not feel fine. I trust your judgement what is the best way to deal with it so if unsuspend them now with the possibility it happen again is indeed not a smart move. But now i know you are working on it so i think you wil figure out soon what is the solution.