VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @FrankZ said:
    I started this thread at the beginning of the year as a way to keep a line of communication open between members and VirMach and so members, including myself could try to assist other members. It appears that this attempt to be helpful, has failed. It also appears that VirMach has left the building. Maybe it's time for us to move on, and for this thread to be moved into the rants section where there would be less of a need for moderation. It might be best if in the future members used the VirMach ticket system for support instead of this thread.

Thanks for the reply. So there apparently wasnt a public discussion and now the thread is bouncing back and forth between categories. got it.

I remember when this thread was created and it had a different subject and I believe was listed as being posted by virmach himself. Maybe I am mistaken. I got a kick out of the virmach == FrankZ angle but I really didnt buy it.

I quit participating here a while back, except for this encore, but still was enjoying following the path of Virmach. Had quite a few good years with him but bailed out a year ago. I went with 'he can not be mentioned here' and have been quite happy with the service.

So my 2 cents, which arent worth much. close the thread to new posts and leave it public, or let it run its course publicly. Dont hide it. People need to know. I am interested in the last act of this thing but dont want to have to login to follow. Yes Frank I believe you tried and did help a lot of people. Maybe just let that part go?? You did all you can do.

the Central Scrutinizer

• Congratulations to vir for its graduation
    and many thanks for FrankZ 's help and kindness.

Many people were here.

MicroLXC is lovable.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2023

@jperkins said:

@FrankZ said:
    I started this thread at the beginning of the year as a way to keep a line of communication open between members and VirMach and so members, including myself could try to assist other members. It appears that this attempt to be helpful, has failed. It also appears that VirMach has left the building. Maybe it's time for us to move on, and for this thread to be moved into the rants section where there would be less of a need for moderation. It might be best if in the future members used the VirMach ticket system for support instead of this thread.

Thanks for the reply. So there apparently wasnt a public discussion and now the thread is bouncing back and forth between categories. got it.

That is a bit of a misrepresentation of facts don't you think. Any thread starter can ask to move or close his own thread. I moved it to rants for maybe two minutes and then moved it back, as I thought that in this case it would be best to have a consensus of the staff regarding the move.

I remember when this thread was created and it had a different subject and I believe was listed as being posted by virmach himself. Maybe I am mistaken. I got a kick out of the virmach == FrankZ angle but I really didnt buy it.

You are mistaken. I opened this thread with the current title. Even as a moderator I can not change the OP of a thread.

I quit participating here a while back, except for this encore, but still was enjoying following the path of Virmach. Had quite a few good years with him but bailed out a year ago. I went with 'he can not be mentioned here' and have been quite happy with the service.

I am glad you are happy with your new provider. Just as an FYI, saying RackNerd here is not forbidden, but posting links or talking about offers is. Same with any ColoCrossing provider.

So my 2 cents, which arent worth much. close the thread to new posts and leave it public, or let it run its course publicly. Dont hide it. People need to know. I am interested in the last act of this thing but dont want to have to login to follow. Yes Frank I believe you tried and did help a lot of people. Maybe just let that part go?? You did all you can do.

the Central Scrutinizer

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@bliss said:
    Congratulations to vir for its graduation
    and many thanks for FrankZ 's help and kindness.

Many people were here.

Virmach has graduated from both LET and LES!

he is the first to do so.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @FrankZ said: It also appears that VirMach has left the building. Maybe it's time for us to move on, and for this thread to be moved into the rants section where there would be less of a need for moderation.

Have you 'heard' anything to suggest @VirMach has given up with LES or is this just them taking a break ?
    If it is true this really does lower my support for the future of the business.
    We have a supplier who has left servers offline for 4 months, supplies a fantastic /s mystery box and screws many. Provides very poor support and now 'appears' to be just walking away.

• Yup, time for a fresh thread, methinks; reflect on current situation, bearing in mind holiday season.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @FrankZ said:

You are mistaken. I opened this thread with the current title. Even as a moderator I can not change the OP of a thread.

@FrankZ said:
    The 2023 thread will revive posting buses. The tradition is for the bus number to match the page number.

@cgs3238 said:
    This thread looks so strange because the author is not VirMach…

@FrankZ said:

MS said:

@Caxen said:
    You really are the man behind Virmach! =)

Were you also present in the shower?

I'm just the guy who forgot to get the admin to change the thread author. This is a continuation of the 2022 thread for housekeeping purposes. As I have said before I have no association with VirMach other than being a long time customer.

after reviewing the first page of this thread to refresh my memory. This post had virmach avatar on it but was started by frankz. the topic had the date 2023 in it. Maybe someone else changed it. But of course I could be mistaken and you may be right.

I check in here every couple days and must have just caught the short period of time this post was unavailable. I am sorry for that .

In my earlier post I do wish I would have thanked you for all the help you gave virmach customers that were affected by his issues. Thank you.

Please leave this thread public whether you close it or not.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2023

@msatt I have not had any direct contact with VirMach. He has not answered any questions or tags in this thread for more than three weeks, so his leaving is just an assumption on my part. That said, moving the thread to Rants does not preclude anybody, including VirMach from posting in this thread in the future. It would just let members say pretty much whatever they want without having to provide the same proof as is required in a review thread. I originally left this open to the public because that way people who were not members of LES could see it, join and then ask for assistance. That seems to be a moot at this point in time.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@jperkins said: after reviewing the first page of this thread to refresh my memory. This post had virmach avatar on it but was started by frankz. the topic had the date 2023 in it. Maybe someone else changed it. But of course I could be mistaken and you may be right.

As I said this thread never had a Virmach avatar as the OP, it was always me. I had asked VirMach to open a new thread as a continuation of the old thread in December of 2022 and he did not comply, at the time that I opened this thread and that comment was made, I expected that it was an oversight on his part and the admin could change the OP, that turned out not to be the case. The thread then stayed open so that there would be an open communication channel with me continuing as the OP.

edited December 2023

it was fun while it lasted.

will the MJJs offer incense?

• @cybertech said: will the MJJs offer incense?

Incest, perhaps, allegedly. :/

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @FrankZ please leave the thread exactly the way it is. While his absence has been irresponsible, I doubt he left.

Those cheering you on would also blame you later.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ZA_capetown
  • In any case, hope everything goes well to VirMach.

• @FAT32 said:
    In any case, hope everything goes well to VirMach.

I hope so too. I don't think this is the end though. Doesn't feel that way.

• Hey @FrankZ do you have access to IP logs for user login or this goes above? Can you internally, not sharing with us of course take a look at @VirMach history and did it changed last two-three weeks? Any patterns etc? Something to make sure he is okey - I would assume he would post that he is taking a break or something as we encourage him to do it for... years.

Anyone got any tickets replies lately and/or service transferred?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:

Anyone got any tickets replies lately and/or service transferred?

Well we know a couple NY servers got fixed so someone is still there. Isn't that going to prove the same thing as ticket replies/service transfers?

• JabJab
    edited December 2023

@skorous said:
    Well we know a couple NY servers got fixed so someone is still there. Isn't that going to prove the same thing as ticket replies/service transfers?

Nope - there was more than one person working at VirMach and I don't think they had access to forum account. And for tickets we just need those answered by Soheil :-) I am not asking VirMach as company future, I am asking for VirMach aka Soheil being okey.

• @Jab said:

@skorous said:

Nope - there was more than one person working at VirMach and I don't think they had access to forum account. And for tickets we just need those answered by Soheil :-) I am not asking VirMach as company future, I am asking for VirMach aka Soheil being okey.

That's where I got lost. The tickets need to be specific to Soheil. I just saw "any tickets/service transfers" and figured that was same as fixing servers.

• Coincidentaly I received a reply to a ticket last night and it was Not from Soheil...
    Signed
    Qi G.
    Dev & Jr Sys Admin

edited December 2023

@msatt said:
    Coincidentaly I received a reply to a ticket last night and it was Not from Soheil...
    Signed
    Qi G.
    Dev & Jr Sys Admin

he finally hired someone!

but this name sounds very familiar

• @cybertech said:

@msatt said:
    Coincidentaly I received a reply to a ticket last night and it was Not from Soheil...
    Signed
    Qi G.
    Dev & Jr Sys Admin

he finally hired someone!

but this name sounds very familiar

Yeah, Qi's been there for years.

• edited December 2023

@hlolve said:

17 days. And you noticed it today? :D

• It died on December 6, 2023
    • Came back on December 8, 2023
    • And died again on December 13, 2023

Down since then.

• edited December 2023

@Mumbly said:

@hlolve said:

Down since then.

If you check in status it says offline 13 hs ago. My VPS in FFME004 was working OK all these days

• @hlolve said: If you check in status it says offline 13 hs ago. My VPS in FFME004 was working OK all these days

Maybe you were on different disks than Mumbly and I and yours didn't crash until now :-D

• @hlolve said:

@Mumbly said:

@hlolve said:

Down since then.

If you check in status it says offline 13 hs ago. My VPS in FFME004 was working OK all these days

What status?

Now that's interesting. Are you sure? :P I don't have even control panel access all those days.

Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

Affecting System - FFME004, FFME005

12/19/2023 02:37 Last Updated 12/19/2023 02:39
    We have identified an issue with the disks FFME004 and FFME05 and are currently working on a solution to bring the nodes back online with as little data loss as possible, if any. Access to the control panel has been disabled while we work on this. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

• edited December 2023

@Mumbly said:

@hlolve said:

@Mumbly said:

@hlolve said:

Down since then.

What status?

https://status.virm.ac/?s=62b07a883cc23d52d51d1737

Mine was working OK up to today

• That's strange. My control "has been disabled while they work on this" for two weeks or something and vps down longer than that.

• @Mumbly said:
    That's strange. My control "has been disabled while they work on this" for two weeks or something and vps down longer than that.

I didn't use control panel last days, but after last incident the VPS was working

• Any other FFME004 client? It would be interesting to know more.