VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• I halted the cancelation of my server, i realized that i have had a good experience with VirMach for many years (since 2019).
    Hopefully any problems gets sorted out eventually.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • JabJab
    edited January 11

@Jab said:
    aaaand another Frankfurt bites the dust aka FFM006.

R I P

We back! /Downtime: 13 hr 11 min/

But the trajectory don't look good /s

course correction applied, we going back to Earth!

SEXY CURVES!

I like editing my posts and talking to myself.
    Hello!
    How are you?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• WHAT A STREAK

FFME02 is back too!
    Downtime: 3d 10 hr 49 min

• I will not renew my BF Special

$20.00 USD /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    4096MB DDR4 RAM
    2 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    130GB SSD (NVMe)
    20 TB MONTHLY DATA
    DALLAS LOCATION
    3 DEDICATED IPv4

20$ for last year and 20$ for renewal. In 2 years or 40$ - I can buy 4 x 10$ VM specials (3 Public IP) from other hosts which are atleast are 80% uptime than 20% here

• QeruQeru Hosting Provider

@host4cheap said:
    I will not renew my BF Special

$20.00 USD /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    4096MB DDR4 RAM
    2 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    130GB SSD (NVMe)
    20 TB MONTHLY DATA
    DALLAS LOCATION
    3 DEDICATED IPv4

20$ for last year and 20$ for renewal. In 2 years or 40$ - I can buy 4 x 10$ VM specials (3 Public IP) from other hosts which are atleast are 80% uptime than 20% here

But hasn't this happened recently, after the events of dedipath?

Before that, did you also have the same Uptime?

• JabJab
    edited January 11

I have no idea where you get 20% uptime, but sure, you can get 4x10$ VM specials that have 130GB NVMe :D

also nice math, 20$ renewal turned into 4 x 10$ :D

• @Jab said: also nice math, 20$ renewal turned into 4 x 10$ :D

He said the $20 for last year ( presumably since it's been down for a while ) + the $20 renewal. His math adds up. The logic may be off a smidge but the math works. :D

Thanked by (1)strongjake1
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 11

@host4cheap said:

$20.00 USD /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    4096MB DDR4 RAM
    2 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    130GB SSD (NVMe)
    20 TB MONTHLY DATA
    DALLAS LOCATION
    3 DEDICATED IPv4

I'll take that, DM to transfer.
    Also if you are not a big fan of mine, @sh97 might also like to have this VM before you cancel.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @Jab said:
    I have no idea where you get 20% uptime, but sure, you can get 4x10$ VM specials that have 130GB NVMe :D

also nice math, 20$ renewal turned into 4 x 10$ :D

Thats exactly what I meant

• I am increasingly worried because Virmach seems to have abandoned the forum and stopped providing updates about their services. In the past, if anyone complained about not reading the updates, Virmach would mock them. However, if you check the updates page now for DALZ004 and DALZ007, there are intentionally no updates provided, and the updates that are there lack specific dates intentionally.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@host4cheap said:
    I am increasingly worried because Virmach seems to have abandoned the forum and stopped providing updates about their services. In the past, if anyone complained about not reading the updates, Virmach would mock them. However, if you check the updates page now for DALZ004 and DALZ007, there are intentionally no updates provided, and the updates that are there lack specific dates intentionally.

Will you transfer the VM to somebody who wants it ?

Thanked by (2)_MS_ AlwaysSkint

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• The worst kind - will keep on bitching all the while about issues, but will also hold the deal, hoping it'll all get better.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous
  • I would also gladly take it :)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • MS said:

The worst kind - will keep on bitching all the while about issues, but will also hold the deal, hoping it'll all get better.

Certainly, I'll retain ownership and won't pass it on to a devoted follower eager to criticize anyone posting about Virmach.

Thanked by (1)_MS_
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@host4cheap said:

MS said:

The worst kind - will keep on bitching all the while about issues, but will also hold the deal, hoping it'll all get better.

Certainly, I'll retain ownership and won't pass it on to a devoted follower eager to criticize anyone posting about Virmach.

What did @sh97 ever do to you ?

Thanked by (2)_MS_ AlwaysSkint

• @host4cheap said:

Then

@host4cheap said:
    Certainly, I'll retain ownership

Confused which applies.

• edited January 12

@tetech said:

@host4cheap said:

Then

@host4cheap said:

Confused which applies.

My guess is that he is not willing to either renew or transfer the service and terminate it at the end of the term.

I've canceled some services as well, but it's still too much of a hassle to transfer them, so let them terminate.

Thanked by (1)strongjake1

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@tulipyun said:

@tetech said:

@host4cheap said:

Then

@host4cheap said:

Confused which applies.

My guess is that he is not willing to either renew or transfer the service and terminate it at the end of the term.

I've canceled some services as well, but it's still too much of a hassle to transfer them, so let them terminate.

why not, transfer is only $3 and you might even make small profit for your troubles.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

@tulipyun said:

@tetech said:

@host4cheap said:

Then

@host4cheap said:

Confused which applies.

why not, transfer is only $3 and you might even make small profit for your troubles.

I don't have PayPal, so it's not easy to collect money.

If VirMach is willing to support a transfer fee paid by the buyer, I'd be free to transfer it to someone who needs it.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• As you may already be aware, the following servers have been having major stability issues and are therefore being migrated to the nearest available server. Unfortunately, since there are a limited number of spaces available in Frankfurt due to these stability issues, your service will be migrated to our Amsterdam location. Your service will go offline for a few hours while it is being migrated.

FFME002
    FFME004
    FFME005
    FFME007
    All data will be migrated and your service will return online as it was previously, however, your service's IP address will change.

This maintenance is scheduled to occur on Monday, January 15th, 2024. We will provide a more specific timeline or any updates/delays on the network status page.

If it is critical for your service to remain in Frankfurt, please contact us before January 13th, 2024, via priority ticket (don't worry, you will not be billed.) Please use the title "Request to remain in Frankfurt" and understand that since spaces are limited, it's not guaranteed. If you decide to contact us to attempt to remain in Frankfurt, you will be migrated immediately as your ticket is processed so please first ensure you are ready for an unannounced 4 to 8 hour downtime while you are transferred to a stable server in Frankfurt. Your IP address will still change. If we are unable to process your request, the ticket will be closed without a response.

Consolidation to cut down the costs, I guess.
    Oh, and another IP change. Is it third or fourth within the one year?

Thanked by (1)lapua
  • JabJab
    edited January 12

Normally I would say it's not consolidation as other nodes (those stable :D) stays there, but normally VirMach would mention something along the lines "You will be able to migrate to Frankfurt in future for free when we fix the servers" or something. However maybe they don't want to have 14174 messages asking "when is future my dude?"

My only problem is I have 3 AMS VPS already (on two nodes) and like 4 Franfurt VPS to migrate... if they all end on the same nodes am I am gonna be little pissed (-:

also seems I need to migrate my website again ffs as I migrate it back today on FFME02 :F

• edited January 12

See what I've found!

Geekbench 5 Score
    AMSD004S.VIRM.AC
    Single-Core Score   706
    Multi-Core Score    15602
    User    VirMach
    Upload Date January 9th 2024, 11:55pm

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/22120642

Thanked by (2)FrankZ VirMach
  • JabJab
    edited January 12

Also seems next e-mail version includes FFME006 too. So only 1/3 stays :D

FFME006
    FFME002
    FFME004
    FFME005
    FFME007

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@noisycode said:
    See what I've found!

Geekbench 5 Score
    AMSD004S.VIRM.AC
    Single-Core Score 706
    Multi-Core Score  15602
    User  VirMach
    Upload Date   January 9th 2024, 11:55pm

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/22120642

Storage server for Amsterdam I expect. Glad to see VirMach going with Epyc, although IIRC that was the plan for that storage node from the beginning.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Mumbly said: Consolidation to cut down the costs, I guess.
    Oh, and another IP change. Is it third or fourth within the one year?

We have not yet made a decision on a possible consolidation in the future or related decision to cut down costs, but that was being considered previously for Frankfurt and we instead decided to send more servers there to fill out the cabinet. This is just a coincidence that five out of the seven servers in Frankfurt have been dying over the last few weeks. And another coincidence that the servers destined for Frankfurt didn't end up being sent, but those in Amsterdam were partially sent and set up, enough of them to make the decision to move customers away from these unstable Frankfurt servers.

With how these events transpired, it is definitely now a possibility that we may decide to discontinue the Frankfurt location for the time being to finish focusing on properly filling out Amsterdam and other locations. We've discontinued Frankfurt once in the past and I was hoping it would not happen again, but it's possible that may end up occurring by summer (not immediately.)

@Jab said: Normally I would say it's not consolidation as other nodes (those stable ) stays there, but normally VirMach would mention something along the lines "You will be able to migrate to Frankfurt in future for free when we fix the servers" or something. However maybe they don't want to have 14174 messages asking "when is future my dude?"

Good catch. That was a deliberate decision. I was typing it out and decided against it as I did not want to end up having it sound like a deliberate lie if we did decide to also discontinue Frankfurt in the near future.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 12

@Jab said:
    Also seems next e-mail version includes FFME006 too. So only 1/3 stays :D

FFME006
    FFME002
    FFME004
    FFME005
    FFME007

And here I was thinking I had dodged that bullet. Seems not.

EDIT: Hi @VirMach. Nice to see you.

@FrankZ said: Storage server for Amsterdam I expect. Glad to see VirMach going with Epyc, although IIRC that was the plan for that storage node from the beginning.

It's the same server and processor. That was just sitting there for no reason for over two years (I think? More?) It did maybe have a motherboard swap or some other swaps at some point in time a year ago but since then untouched.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@Mumbly said: Oh, and another IP change. Is it third or fourth within the one year?

New year, new IP

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • JabJab
    edited January 12

@VirMach said: but those in Amsterdam were partially sent and set up

Cool, so there will be new nodes in AMS? And my chances to end on only two nodes I already have servers are very very very very low? :-)

Thanked by (2)VirMach someTom

• @FrankZ said:

@host4cheap said:

$20.00 USD /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    4096MB DDR4 RAM
    2 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    130GB SSD (NVMe)
    20 TB MONTHLY DATA
    DALLAS LOCATION
    3 DEDICATED IPv4

I'll take that, DM to transfer.
    Also if you are not a big fan of mine, @sh97 might also like to have this VM before you cancel.

Passing on this deal for now. Trying to keep my idlers count low this year. Thanks for the mention tho!

Thanked by (1)FrankZ