VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• Is that mean my vps on "FFME001" and "FFME003" might be migrate to AMS in future? :'(
    And My Ticket about Paypal Double Charge didn't get any update or news for 3weeks.

I hope Virmach expand their business to Singapore or Malaysia(A few new DC is being buildup) soon in 2024/25. :p

MY/SG & Worldwide Latency Test V3 : http://www.mywebping.com (27 February 2021 Updated)
    MY-Unifi Home SmokePing: http://smokeping.mywebping.com/smokeping/

• @host4cheap said:

MS said:

The worst kind - will keep on bitching all the while about issues, but will also hold the deal, hoping it'll all get better.

Certainly, I'll retain ownership and won't pass it on to a devoted follower eager to criticize anyone posting about Virmach.

No, no ... that's a completely wrong approach man. If that's the case you should definitely give it to him. :P

• @Mumbly said:

As you may already be aware, the following servers have been having major stability issues and are therefore being migrated to the nearest available server. Unfortunately, since there are a limited number of spaces available in Frankfurt due to these stability issues, your service will be migrated to our Amsterdam location. Your service will go offline for a few hours while it is being migrated.

FFME002
    FFME004
    FFME005
    FFME007
    All data will be migrated and your service will return online as it was previously, however, your service's IP address will change.

This maintenance is scheduled to occur on Monday, January 15th, 2024. We will provide a more specific timeline or any updates/delays on the network status page.

If it is critical for your service to remain in Frankfurt, please contact us before January 13th, 2024, via priority ticket (don't worry, you will not be billed.) Please use the title "Request to remain in Frankfurt" and understand that since spaces are limited, it's not guaranteed. If you decide to contact us to attempt to remain in Frankfurt, you will be migrated immediately as your ticket is processed so please first ensure you are ready for an unannounced 4 to 8 hour downtime while you are transferred to a stable server in Frankfurt. Your IP address will still change. If we are unable to process your request, the ticket will be closed without a response.

Consolidation to cut down the costs, I guess.
    Oh, and another IP change. Is it third or fourth within the one year?

"Request to remain in Frankfurt" ‼

• Oh I hate migration. Poor my lovely FFME02.

Eh, btw. Welcome back @VirMach

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • edited January 12

@lapua said:

There's this thing ...

@VirMach said: We've discontinued Frankfurt once in the past and I was hoping it would not happen again, but it's possible that may end up occurring by summer (not immediately.)

So in case you stay in Frankfurt it means that you will get a new IP today and in a few months from now most likely a new again. With all forthcoming changes in between this means something like 5th IP change by the end of the summer.

• TYOC027 back online 11 hours ago, downtime about 17 hours 18 minutes.

• @Mumbly said:

@lapua said:

There's this thing ...

@VirMach said: We've discontinued Frankfurt once in the past and I was hoping it would not happen again, but it's possible that may end up occurring by summer (not immediately.)

So in case you stay in Frankfurt it means that you will get a new IP today and in a few months from now most likely a new again. With all forthcoming changes in between this means something like 5th IP change by the end of the summer.

hmm.

i understand. however, i don't need the 5 vps in holland. the actual proximity to the dc kruppstr. 105 in ffm is worth a lot and advantageous. some dc in the cocaine harbour in amsterdam doesn't earn me any points.

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited January 12

@VirMach said:
    With how these events transpired, it is definitely now a possibility that we may decide to discontinue the Frankfurt location for the time being to finish focusing on properly filling out Amsterdam and other locations. We've discontinued Frankfurt once in the past and I was hoping it would not happen again, but it's possible that may end up occurring by summer (not immediately.)

Free location transfer for Frankfurt clients?

• @FrankZ said:

@yoursunny said:
    IMG_8296
    This building contains half of the VirMach servers in Los Angeles.
    I visited on Sunday evening before my flight out of LAX.
    I didn't find a data center company logo, but it's the right address, and the cooling tower on the roof checks out.

Who's DC is that suppose to be Quadranet or Hivelocity ?

If you in doubt its probably Quadranet.

@Jab said:

@Jab said:
    aaaand another Frankfurt bites the dust aka FFM006.

R I P

We back! /Downtime: 13 hr 11 min/

But the trajectory don't look good /s

course correction applied, we going back to Earth!

SEXY CURVES!

I like editing my posts and talking to myself.
    Hello!
    How are you?

Thanked by (1)Jab
  • @VirMach said:
    With how these events transpired, it is definitely now a possibility that we may decide to discontinue the Frankfurt location for the time being to finish focusing on properly filling out Amsterdam and other locations. We've discontinued Frankfurt once in the past and I was hoping it would not happen again, but it's possible that may end up occurring by summer (not immediately.)

frankfurt as a city is lost... ticked off! frankfurt as a dc location is essential. think about that!

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited January 12

there's a rumour on OGF that a "famous host is being sold"

@VirMach is that you?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

@VirMach is that you?

priceless!?

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@cybertech said:

@VirMach is that you?

No one in their right mind would buy VirMach right now. Sorry, you're stuck with me, at least for some time.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

The VirMach paradox

1. VirMach does not transfer people from broken servers = people pissed off.
    2. VirMach transfers people from broken servers = people pissed off.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    The VirMach paradox

:)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said:
    The VirMach paradox

This is what people often refer to as the Tacitus Trap.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
    edited January 12

@VirMach said:

@cybertech said:

@VirMach is that you?

No one in their right mind would buy VirMach right now. Sorry, you're stuck with me, at least for some time.

as expected but just wanna get things straight!

all the best for 2024!

• @FrankZ said: The VirMach paradox

VirMach does not transfer people from broken servers = people pissed off.
    VirMach transfers people from broken servers = people pissed off.

And then there's also the VirMach Stockholm syndrome paradox :)

• I was young once and VirMach was a great host ... I want moar deals and I want to pay because I am sure that somewhere in the distant future they will be great again (the reality: you won't be young ever again or VirMach great again ... unless they sack all those too good to be true deals you're paying in hope that in 9 years from now they will be good again)
    • they are great, I have 20 servers and only 4 of them are down (the reality: dude, that's altogether 80% uptime)
    Thanked by (2)lapua someTom
  • Anyone with a service in DALZ007? Did the migration to ATL complete?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Sometimes people can make intelligent statements, and sometimes they can just be rude.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @Mumbly said:

@FrankZ said: The VirMach paradox

VirMach does not transfer people from broken servers = people pissed off.
    VirMach transfers people from broken servers = people pissed off.

And then there's also the VirMach Stockholm syndrome paradox :)

• I was young once and VirMach was a great host ... I want moar deals and I want to pay because I am sure that somewhere in the distant future they will be great again (the reality: you won't be young ever again or VirMach great again ... unless they sack all those too good to be true deals you're paying in hope that in 9 years from now they will be good again)
    • they are great, I have 20 servers and only 4 of them are down (the reality: dude, that's altogether 80% uptime)

teh only thing that would soon be great again are the vsa under tr(i)ump(h). ;)

• @FrankZ said:
    Sometimes people can make intelligent statements, and sometimes they can just be rude.

I hope we're not still talking about paradoxes or do we? :) I'm also getting to the age where I realize that I'm not getting any younger. :(

@lapua said: teh only thing that would soon be great again are the vsa under tr(i)ump(h).

Really? He said that you own him $400bn :P

• @VirMach is really back.

Can you tell us anything about DALZ004 and DALZ007?

Thanks.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• @Mumbly said:

@FrankZ said:

I hope we're not still talking about paradoxes or do we? :) I'm also getting to the age where I realize that I'm not getting any younger. :(

@lapua said: teh only thing that would soon be great again are the vsa under tr(i)ump(h).

Really? He said that you own him $400bn :P

bill was paid this moring!

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • Very glad and relieved that Virmach is alive and ok, I was really getting worried that he ended up in hospital or something bad :O
    Happy New Year Virmach!

Oh noooo @ Frankfurt though, it is my favourite location and the one I wish I had more servers at :-/
    (currently have 3 in FFME of which 2 are on the migration list now)

Why not consolidate by reducing US locations by half, take away Tokyo, but double down and stick with Frankfurt rather? :p (I of course conveniently ignore the probable greater cost of Frankfurt compared to US servers)

wishful thinking, I know, but I'm keeping fingers cross there's a way to save Frankfurt B)

Thanked by (3)lapua someTom burntascii
    edited January 12

i think the closure of Frankfurt for now could be beneficial in the long run.

instead of having so many locations mostly with uptime issues, why not scale down temporarily in terms of locations and number of active nodes, spending less time on support/troubleshooting and having more spares to swap around and create the next TYOC037 or AMSD029 with more than 100 days uptime.

i love AMSD029 the most, but the mass migration from frankfurt will give it a real stress test.

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited January 12

VirMach moving servers from Frankhurt to the Red Light District in Love Monkey.

• JabJab
    edited January 12

Upcoming maintenance window on January 15th (@AMSTERDAM)

The Amsterdam location may have customers affected due to a related maintenance window. This will occur on January 15th, 2024. We will provide additional information and timeline on the network status page. Most customers receiving this email will not be affected, but please check the network status page for updates if you notice temporary issues with your service on Monday.

Will my service be affected?

Please check your Amsterdam service's IP address and look at the last octet (the fourth and final set of numbers.) If it ends in 128 through 254, then there's a 1 in 3 chance of your service being affected.

What will happen if I'm affected?

There could be up to a few hours of downtime. Your IP address will remain the same. All data will remain intact. In most cases, downtime will only be one hour or less.

Welp, IP renumbering at Amsterdam too.
    NEW YEAR NEW IP, NEW VIRMACH MOTTO.

it ends in 128 through 254, then there's a 1 in 3 chance of your service being affected.

VirMach is really fan of the MysteryBox/gambling - now we have 1 in 3 chance of IP changes, lol lmao.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• edited January 12

@Jab said: Welp, IP renumbering at Amsterdam too.
    NEW YEAR NEW IP, NEW VIRMACH MOTTO.

VirMachorizon.

Thanked by (3)_MS_ Jab lapua

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• edited January 12

@Jab said: NEW YEAR NEW IP, NEW VIRMACH MOTTO.

it would be highly incorrect. Replace "year" with "season" :P

@Jab said:

it ends in 128 through 254, then there's a 1 in 3 chance of your service being affected.

VirMach is really fan of the MysteryBox/gambling - now we have 1 in 3 chance of IP changes, lol lmao.

But I am not sure if this specific announcement said anything about IP change. It seems just maintenance.