VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Jab said: Can I call dibs on that lonely 5950X that gonna be left after merging 3 nodes?! You not gonna ship it back to USA, right? :-D

Will be shipping myself to Frankfurt instead to figure it out.

• @VirMach said: Will be shipping myself to Frankfurt instead to figure it out.

Good luck!

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said: Also @Mumbly it seems that we are sharing the disk, can you like stop fucking abusing it

Me? You're the one who actually run some stuff on it. May I know your order number to report it double your downtime?
    90% my VPSes are idlers anyway :P

• edited January 16

Latest updates:
    FFM --> AMS Migrations (In Progress)

Affecting System - FFME002, FFME004, FFME005, FFME006, FFME007
    Update 10:47PM -- Unfortunately there have been delays with the migrations. We're evaluating the situation and will either delay migrations to a later date or proceed as soon as possible. We'll provide an additional update before midnight PST.

Update 11:22PM -- We will proceed with as many of the planned changes over the next 8~ hours. We apologize for the delayed start.

Amsterdam Server Changes

As we previously mentioned, some customers on Amsterdam will face a short downtime. If you are affected, your IP address will remain the same and your data will remain the same. Your service will return online in Amsterdam on a different node.

AMSD030:

Approximately 30 virtual servers will be moved to placeholder server "SJCZ004B" (which is in Amsterdam, it will be renamed in the future.) We are beginning this process.

Thanked by (2)rhinoduck FrankZ
  • edited January 16

@VirMach I have a server located in Tokyo, and I would like to know if it is possible to add an additional 1TB or 2TB of bandwidth per month. I noticed there is a bandwidth upgrade feature in the control panel, but it seems to be a one-time option. Could you please confirm if it is possible to have a recurring monthly increase in bandwidth?
    If it is allowed, could you also provide me with the pricing information for these upgrades separately? =)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Vagueness said:
    I have a server located in Tokyo, and I would like to know if it is possible to add an additional 1TB or 2TB of bandwidth per month. I noticed there is a bandwidth upgrade feature in the control panel, but it seems to be a one-time option. Could you please confirm if it is possible to have a recurring monthly increase in bandwidth?
    If it is allowed, could you also provide me with the pricing information for these upgrades separately? =)

I'll add a @VirMach tag so your comment does not get lost in the shuffle.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@Vagueness said:
    I have a server located in Tokyo, and I would like to know if it is possible to add an additional 1TB or 2TB of bandwidth per month. I noticed there is a bandwidth upgrade feature in the control panel, but it seems to be a one-time option. Could you please confirm if it is possible to have a recurring monthly increase in bandwidth?

I'll add a @VirMach tag so your comment does not get lost in the shuffle.

thanks! B)

• I think this is more like sales question rather than forum question.

However didn't people complain that Tokyo is shit, VirMach is shit, everything is dead and it's a waste of time? Why do you want to buy more bandwidth?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    /s

• @Jab said:
    I think this is more like sales question rather than forum question.

However didn't people complain that Tokyo is shit, VirMach is shit, everything is dead and it's a waste of time? Why do you want to buy more bandwidth?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    /s

He probably only has one account.

• Hello, my TYOC038 server has been unable to use and reinstall the system since September 2023. Can you help me restore it?

• Latest updates:

AMSD028 is being processed.

AMSD029 is being processed.

AMSD027 is being processed.

We've ran into issues with AMSD027. We're delaying any further migrations and will proceed either as necessary after an outage on an FFME node, or with future scheduling. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Now I hope the nodes I'm on behaves so that I can stay there forever and ever! B)

• We've ran into issues with AMSD027. We're delaying any further migrations and will proceed either as necessary after an outage on an FFME node, or with future scheduling. We apologize for the inconvenience

So, everything is cancelled? Anyone from FFME is moved? We hoping for disk to not fail again?
    Any positive news?

• @Jab said: Any positive news?

My VPS in Phoenix went offline earlier today. Does that count? And hasn't Phoenix as a whole been shut down weeks ago? I'm confused.

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @Brueggus said: Phoenix as a whole been shut down weeks ago? I'm confused.

Where would Phoenix go ? Mine is down also

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• skorousskorous OG
    edited January 16

Hetrix says mine is still up .... Didn't think Phoenix was going anywhere.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

AMSD031T36 this a new node?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Wake up, process backlog of service transfer tickets plz.

• @abiaolaoge said:
    Wake up, process backlog of service transfer tickets plz.

Yeah, they totally gonna process service transfers in middle of huge FFM -> AMS migration. Lol

• too bad. my request to leave the vps in frankfurt was not honoured. they promised to ask again in a few weeks to get a move back to frankfurt. hmm... another vps in holland won't get me anywhere.

• @Jab said:

@abiaolaoge said:
    Wake up, process backlog of service transfer tickets plz.

Yeah, they totally gonna process service transfers in middle of huge FFM -> AMS migration. Lol

They haven't processed service transfer tickets at least one month.
    Virmach is not oneman, at least twoman, threeman, not everyone is dealing with the migration from Frankfurt to Amsterdam.
    Buying and selling accounts is illegal, but whether to process service transfer tickets depends on virmach's mood...
    So we can only wait for the idle vps to expire? :s :s :s

• grrr my ffm is rocksolid.

i suspect this will change soon. so far i can't say anything bad about virmach. if only the vps would stay in ffm...

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2024-01-01                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed 17 Jan 2024 01:23:32 AM EST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : x days, 10 hours, 35 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3693.060 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 964.6 MiB
    Swap       : 2.2 GiB
    Disk       : 24.3 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-27-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : xTom GmbH
    ASN        : AS3214 xTom GmbH
    Host       : xTom Customer - Frankfurt
    Location   : Frankfurt Am Main, Hesse (HE)
    Country    : Germany

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/vda1):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 239.71 MB/s  (59.9k) | 1.17 GB/s    (18.3k)
    Write      | 240.34 MB/s  (60.0k) | 1.17 GB/s    (18.4k)
    Total      | 480.06 MB/s (120.0k) | 2.34 GB/s    (36.7k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 1.06 GB/s     (2.0k) | 844.24 MB/s    (824)
    Write      | 1.11 GB/s     (2.1k) | 900.47 MB/s    (879)
    Total      | 2.17 GB/s     (4.2k) | 1.74 GB/s     (1.7k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.86 Gbits/sec  | 933 Mbits/sec   | 12.1 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.85 Gbits/sec  | busy            | 17.5 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 1.87 Gbits/sec  | 1.83 Gbits/sec  | 7.39 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.50 Gbits/sec  | 696 Mbits/sec   | 97.2 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.71 Gbits/sec  | 706 Mbits/sec   | 80.0 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.35 Gbits/sec  | 535 Mbits/sec   | 124 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.08 Gbits/sec  | 479 Mbits/sec   | 141 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.83 Gbits/sec  | 1.83 Gbits/sec  | 12.9 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 1.16 Gbits/sec  | 13.2 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 1.83 Gbits/sec  | 1.83 Gbits/sec  | 7.48 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.68 Gbits/sec  | busy            | 77.6 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.72 Gbits/sec  | 841 Mbits/sec   | 80.0 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.31 Gbits/sec  | 595 Mbits/sec   | 121 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 982 Mbits/sec   | 659 Mbits/sec   | 141 ms

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1510
    Multi Core      | 1109

• finally! VirTRASH free ! it's a reason to celebrate on the weekend !!

@lapua said:
    grrr my ffm is rocksolid.

i suspect this will change soon. so far i can't say anything bad about virmach. if only the vps would stay in ffm...

> # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    > #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    > #                     v2024-01-01                    #
    > # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    > # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    > 
    > Wed 17 Jan 2024 01:23:32 AM EST
    > 
    > Basic System Information:
    > ---------------------------------
    > Uptime     : x days, 10 hours, 35 minutes
    > Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    > CPU cores  : 1 @ 3693.060 MHz
    > AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    > VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    > RAM        : 964.6 MiB
    > Swap       : 2.2 GiB
    > Disk       : 24.3 GiB
    > Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    > Kernel     : 5.10.0-27-amd64
    > VM Type    : KVM
    > IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online
    > 
    > IPv6 Network Information:
    > ISP        : xTom GmbH
    > ASN        : AS3214 xTom GmbH
    > Host       : xTom Customer - Frankfurt
    > Location   : Frankfurt Am Main, Hesse (HE)
    > Country    : Germany
    > 
    > fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/vda1):
    > Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    >   ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    > Read       | 239.71 MB/s  (59.9k) | 1.17 GB/s    (18.3k)
    > Write      | 240.34 MB/s  (60.0k) | 1.17 GB/s    (18.4k)
    > Total      | 480.06 MB/s (120.0k) | 2.34 GB/s    (36.7k)
    >            |                      |
    > Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    >   ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    > Read       | 1.06 GB/s     (2.0k) | 844.24 MB/s    (824)
    > Write      | 1.11 GB/s     (2.1k) | 900.47 MB/s    (879)
    > Total      | 2.17 GB/s     (4.2k) | 1.74 GB/s     (1.7k)
    > 
    > iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    > Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    > -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    > Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.86 Gbits/sec  | 933 Mbits/sec   | 12.1 ms
    > Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.85 Gbits/sec  | busy            | 17.5 ms
    > NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 1.87 Gbits/sec  | 1.83 Gbits/sec  | 7.39 ms
    > Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.50 Gbits/sec  | 696 Mbits/sec   | 97.2 ms
    > Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.71 Gbits/sec  | 706 Mbits/sec   | 80.0 ms
    > Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.35 Gbits/sec  | 535 Mbits/sec   | 124 ms
    > Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.08 Gbits/sec  | 479 Mbits/sec   | 141 ms
    > 
    > iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    > Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    > -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    > Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.83 Gbits/sec  | 1.83 Gbits/sec  | 12.9 ms
    > Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 1.16 Gbits/sec  | 13.2 ms
    > NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 1.83 Gbits/sec  | 1.83 Gbits/sec  | 7.48 ms
    > Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.68 Gbits/sec  | busy            | 77.6 ms
    > Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.72 Gbits/sec  | 841 Mbits/sec   | 80.0 ms
    > Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.31 Gbits/sec  | 595 Mbits/sec   | 121 ms
    > Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 982 Mbits/sec   | 659 Mbits/sec   | 141 ms
    > 
    > Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    > Test            | Value
    >                 |
    > Single Core     | 1510
    > Multi Core      | 1109
    > 

my AMS has been rock solid for almost half a year until the migration lol.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

it's very weird that nodes across locations are all having disk issues. the frequency of it is unprecedented.

• edited January 17

Is the "FFM > AMS" migration finished?

• @Zreind said:
    Is the "FFM > AMS" migration finished?

No.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @Brueggus said: My VPS in Phoenix went offline earlier today. Does that count? And hasn't as a whole been shut down weeks ago? I'm confused.

No, Phoenix is still there, I don't think it was ever on chopping block.
    However one node decided to go bad, so this is probably then one you are on.

• JabJab
    edited January 17

Anyone on TPAZ003?

I think my VPS there is dead, for months, but never paid attention. I've realized it (again, I think) it now when I wanted to add node name to VPS name in panel and this one didn't load. It was true idler, not even HT connected.

VirMach status shows node online and reporting load.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I've just looked again into that image above. Load ~1.0... it's not running any VMs I guess
    @VirMach is that on purpose? :D

5 days ago it was removed from Network Status - along with FFME002 and LAX1Z016 (and one more node that I am too lazy to research what was the name)

Fri, Jan 12, 10:07 AM (5 days ago)

https://billing.virmach.com/networkissuesrss.php had a change.

(removed) ]]> https://billing.virmach.com/networkissues.php?view=nid1606 Fri, 22 Dec 2023 07:01:00 -0800 <![CDATA[
    (removed)
    (removed) We are investigating a possible disk issue with TPAZ003.

• What about those VPS that got stucked in AMSD031T36? Lol

• What happen in PHXZ002 ? no news, no information, just waiting...