HDD or NVME VPS? We've got you covered! The plan you want most at €10/year.

Comments

• @c1vhosting said:
    Hi,
    we are working on improving IO speeds on the HDD node.

Thanks for your patience.

but can we get boot/reinstall done before the IO improving?

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

@seoky said:

@c1vhosting said:
    Hi,

We will need to manually reboot all VMs on POM2 to apply some disk IO adjustments. If your service is having an issue right now, please open a ticket and send me the ticket number.

C1V Hosting: Low cost Italian Cloud & Data Center Solutions 🚀 | Contact us for special offers. | Our deals on Telegram

• edited August 25

@c1vhosting said:

@seoky said:

@c1vhosting said:
    Hi,

We will need to manually reboot all VMs on POM2 to apply some disk IO adjustments. If your service is having an issue right now, please open a ticket and send me the ticket number.

"#C1V_1094270_TCUSID"
    After reinstall it just stuck in "The process of rebuilding a VM is in progress. Please wait." for two days

Thanked by (1)c1vhosting
  • @seoky said:

@c1vhosting said:

@seoky said:

@c1vhosting said:
    Hi,

"#C1V_1094270_TCUSID"
    After reinstall it just stuck in "The process of rebuilding a VM is in progress. Please wait." for two days

Whenever in doubt, please refer to performance advisory

As mentioned in OP, this offer has struck has a balance between low cost and performance.

And do not forget the part -- where is this Data center housed?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@dev_vps said:

@seoky said:

@c1vhosting said:

@seoky said:

@c1vhosting said:
    Hi,

"#C1V_1094270_TCUSID"

Whenever in doubt, please refer to performance advisory

As mentioned in OP, this offer has struck has a balance between low cost and performance.

And do not forget the part -- where is this Data center housed?

what data center?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @c1vhosting said:

• HDD PLAN was sold out...

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@niceghost said:
    HDD PLAN was sold out...

dont worry it will be back real soon

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited August 25

@bliss said:

@Ahui said:
    Here are a few suggestions for you

1. Add more nodes

2. Replace AMD EPYC CPU

3. Low cost VPS prohibits installation of Windows

4. The number of VPS for each node should be controlled within 100

That's ridonkulous. Accordingly, here is only one piece of advice for you:
    Quadruple your budget for your 'suggestions'.

If C1V really did as you suggested, the price of the VPS would be unacceptable.
    I can't even find your similar products during Black Friday, nice wish though.

Just posted YABS for $12/year VPS (promo price got in May 2024)
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/184398/#Comment_184398

Strong enough to run even Windows Server 2022 OS.

Need more examples?

• @niceghost said:

HDD PLAN was sold out...

most likely new orders suspended until Disk IOPS is "tweaked".

• edited August 25

@dev_vps said: Just posted YABS for $12/year VPS (promo price got in May 2024)

Need more examples?

Your comparison is obviously inappropriate because of great difference in disk size: 20 GB vs 140 GB, not to mention your unknown traffic. I could do the same thing by referring to an OVH's offer of "1 core, 2 GB, 20 GB nvme, unlimited traffic @ 100 Mbps" for $0.97 monthly to claim your VPS is not good enough, but I won't do that, it's just inappropriate to compare.

My point here is I think C1V's offer is worth of the price, that's all. And I would advise everyone to pay with PayPal in case of early dead-pool which has happened many times to other providers here.

By the way, may I know the name of the provider of your YABS so that ...

MicroLXC is lovable. Uptime of C1V

• edited August 25

@bliss said:

@dev_vps said: Just posted YABS for $12/year VPS (promo price got in May 2024)

Need more examples?

Your comparison is obviously inappropriate because of great difference in disk size: 20 GB vs 140 GB, not to mention your unknown traffic. I could do the same thing by referring to an OVH's offer of "1 core, 2 GB, 20 GB nvme, unlimited traffic @ 100 Mbps" ….

I am yet to find any other vps that so consistent download rate of 1 gig … irrespective of location

and cpu vCore is Ryzen 7900

c1v vps has 2 gb memory, but one is expected to use only 50% of that. 140gb is only plus factor for c1v “on paper” as the vps is competing with 🐢 on speed.

other details you can find at looking at YABS I have posted.

• edited August 25

@bliss
    Another example — cheaper than c1v
    This one has 10gig data port too

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/184231/#Comment_184231

• edited August 25

@dev_vps said: download rate of 1 gig …

Well, how much traffic is given monthly then? Most providers offer 1 or 2 TB then suspend VPS or reduce speed until next month.

@dev_vps said: and cpu vCore is Ryzen 7900x

If you think CPU performance is important, then choose what you like. I don't think C1V is stable enough to run important software, thus I only run some P2P, backup, private VPN on it, which consume less than 0.50 CPU all together (0.15 or less on other powerful VPS). A CPU of 200 GB5 points is enough.

@dev_vps said: Another example — cheaper than c1v
    This one has 10gig data port too

Oh, that's very tempting. Can you kindly disclose the offer link so that I can buy it. Thank you.

• @bliss said:

@dev_vps said: download rate of 1 gig …

Well, how much traffic is given monthly then? Most providers offer 1 or 2 TB then suspend VPS or reduce speed until next month.

5 TB per month … my usage is about half of that

@dev_vps said: and cpu vCore is Ryzen 7900x

If you think CPU performance is important, then choose what you like. I don't think C1V is stable enough to run important software, thus I only run some P2P, backup, private VPN on it, which consume less than 0.50 CPU all together. A CPU of 200 GB5 points is enough.

as you have mentioned… c1v has pretty limited use case. And I find other promo offers much better value

I use c1v for testing how database engine recovers from abrupt shutdown and no other provider is better than c1v vps.

I do not plan to renew c1v vps.

PS — there is a xyz days of notice required to cancel such high quality vps. Otherwise c1v rewards with renewal.

• @dev_vps can you disclose the offer links of your performant YABS VPS which are very tempting.

@dev_vps said: PS — there is a xyz days of notice required to cancel such high quality vps. Otherwise c1v rewards with renewal.

I don't understand the above sentences. Isn't one simple click on 'Cancel when due' enough to cancel the service? Or just don't pay the invoice to cancel a service? Which provider are you referring to?

• @bliss said:

@dev_vps said: PS — there is a xyz days of notice required to cancel such high quality vps. Otherwise c1v rewards with renewal.

I don't understand the above sentences. Isn't one simple click on 'Cancel when due' enough to cancel the service? Or just don't pay the invoice to cancel a service? Which provider are you referring to?

Read c1v terms and conditions.

• @bliss said:
    @dev_vps can you disclose the offer links of your performant YABS VPS which are very tempting.

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/6440/important-clarification-cancellation-process-at-c1v-hosting

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • edited August 25

We got a mole in the hole! You gotta post those pictures somewhere sometime!
    Forget about popcorns, this is a fireworks event!

• @dev_vps can you disclose the offer links of your performant YABS VPS. It's boring to share a wonderful VPS without a purchase link.

• edited August 25

@foxone Thank you for the link. I think the cancellation procedure is very inconvenient. Customers should be careful about that.

Edit: After browsing the control panel of C1V, I found it has no differences between most providers in cancellation process: just click on the button of "Request Cancellation".

Thanked by (1)c1vhosting

• another day .... another VM restart
    c1v vps running Windows 11 Enterprise OS

• edited August 25

what should I install next OS on c1v VPS?
    .... let me try Oracle Linux OS ... see if it can be installed

Update
    Oracle Linux 9.4 installed on VPS

• my two(2) 400g storage node has been down since.....

• @tenpera said:

my two(2) 400g storage node has been down since.....

Refer to Performance Advisory

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

@tenpera said:
    my two(2) 400g storage node has been down since.....

Please open a ticket and send me ticket number.

C1V Hosting: Low cost Italian Cloud & Data Center Solutions 🚀 | Contact us for special offers. | Our deals on Telegram

• @dev_vps said:
    what should I install next OS on c1v VPS?
    .... let me try Oracle Linux OS ... see if it can be installed

Update
    Oracle Linux 9.4 installed on VPS

----------------------------------------------------------
    Basic System Information:
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 13 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2697A v4 @ 2.60GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2596.990 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 7.6 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 79.9 GiB
    Distro     : Oracle Linux Server 9.4
    Kernel     : 5.15.0-206.153.7.el9uek.x86_64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ---------------------------------
    ISP        : Cinzia Tocci trading as C1V
    ASN        : AS212271 Cinzia Tocci trading as C1V
    Host       : C1V Hosting
    Location   : Milan, Lombardy (25)
    Country    : Italy

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/sda2):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 79.44 MB/s   (19.8k) | 707.35 MB/s  (11.0k)
    Write      | 79.65 MB/s   (19.9k) | 711.07 MB/s  (11.1k)
    Total      | 159.09 MB/s  (39.7k) | 1.41 GB/s    (22.1k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 1.49 GB/s     (2.9k) | 1.54 GB/s     (1.5k)
    Write      | 1.57 GB/s     (3.0k) | 1.64 GB/s     (1.6k)
    Total      | 3.07 GB/s     (6.0k) | 3.19 GB/s     (3.1k)

• @c1vhosting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Speedtest.net 
     Location         Latency     Loss    DL Speed       UP Speed       Server

Nearest          20.37 ms    0.0%    1211.29 Mbps   565.52 Mbps    Uniconnect - Rome

Houston, TX      149.05 ms   0.0%    1088.12 Mbps   371.06 Mbps    Ezee Fiber - Houston, TX
     Chicago, IL      120.85 ms   0.0%    1368.67 Mbps   272.05 Mbps    Enzu.com - Chicago, IL
     Miami, US        139.18 ms   N/A     1236.35 Mbps   313.16 Mbps    Dish Wireless - Miami, FL
     New York, NY     114.06 ms   0.0%    1259.03 Mbps   265.31 Mbps    Surfshark Ltd - New York, NY
     Miami, FL        129.51 ms   0.0%    1606.76 Mbps   304.89 Mbps    ReliableSite Hosting - Miami, FL
     Spokane, WA      169.34 ms   0.0%     902.60 Mbps   249.79 Mbps    Crunchbits - Spokane, WA
     Seattle, WA      177.93 ms   0.0%    1024.14 Mbps   302.30 Mbps    Misaka Network, Inc. - Seattle, WA
     San Jose, CA     167.67 ms   0.0%    912.56 Mbps    294.24 Mbps    Misaka Network, Inc. - San Jose, CA

London, UK       34.76 ms    0.0%    1526.58 Mbps   541.56 Mbps    VeloxServ Communications - London
     Amsterdam, NL    38.08 ms    0.0%    1680.41 Mbps   430.51 Mbps    31173 Services AB - Amsterdam
     Paris, FR        32.37 ms    N/A     1394.39 Mbps   503.85 Mbps    Axione - Paris
     Frankfurt, DE    24.16 ms    0.0%    1513.99 Mbps   590.19 Mbps    Clouvider Ltd - Frankfurt am Main
     Warsaw, PL       44.51 ms    0.0%    1724.87 Mbps   394.13 Mbps    Play - Warszawa
     Bucharest, RO    45.29 ms    0.0%    1238.89 Mbps   439.66 Mbps    Vodafone Romania Fixed – Bucharest - Bucharest

Chennai, IN      166.94 ms   N/A     1648.01 Mbps   295.31 Mbps    Jio - Chennai
     Mumbai, IN       131.45 ms   0.0%    1573.24 Mbps   293.54 Mbps    i3D.net - Mumbai
     Mumbai, MH       137.42 ms   N/A     1683.78 Mbps   288.17 Mbps    Jio - Mumbai
     Delhi, IN        162.65 ms   0.0%    1333.86 Mbps   304.22 Mbps    Tata Play Fiber - New Delhi

Jeddah, SA       97.54 ms    0.0%    1790.34 Mbps   275.38 Mbps    Saudi Telecom Company
     Dubai, AE        194.32 ms   0.0%    1321.01 Mbps   309.34 Mbps    du - Dubai

Hong Kong        159.04 ms   0.0%    917.13 Mbps    326.92 Mbps    Misaka Network, Inc. - Hong Kong
     Sydney           299.75 ms   0.0%    1772.00 Mbps   197.89 Mbps    Telstra - Sydney
     Perth            210.17 ms   0.0%    1133.06 Mbps   280.32 Mbps    Aussie Broadband - Perth

Avg DL Speed       : 1369.21 Mbps
     Avg UL Speed       : 350.39 Mbps

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
     Test            | Value
                     |
     Single Core     | 482
     Multi Core      | 967
     Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/22810199

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
     Test            | Value
                     |
     Single Core     |  625
     Multi Core      | 1062
     Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/7495581
     ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• rootroot OG
    edited August 25

@davide said:

We got a mole in the hole! You gotta post those pictures somewhere sometime!
    Forget about popcorns, this is a fireworks event!

I am curious if C1VHosting decides to cancel or discontinue some service, will they also send written requests to customers with ID validation and all that bureaucracy?

• @c1vhosting said: Please open a ticket and send me ticket number.

ticket #C1V_8811836_TCUSID