[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @VirMach said:

@Neoon said:
    Any update on DALZ009? Still on Private IP range.

Not sure what you mean by that, on my end the /24 is functional and previous issue(s) corrected. I actually fully forgot what happened with this one, my brain can only store so much when it comes to literally everything breaking at some point but I did just check and verify every VM in DALZ009 has a correct IP assigned and random ones ping.

@Ny100k said:
    Any update on NYCB013? Networking still not working.

Same thing here.

@atomi said:
    Last night my Seattle VPS got migrate to Ryzen and it seems that finally everything went smoothly. Except its now in Frankfurt, Germany. I hope that there will be somekind of "relocate Ryzen"-button in near future since on my map Frankfurt is not very near of Seattle

Yeah that one I was like yikes I can't believe I'm moving Seattle to Frankfurt but I had to do it. Node had to be moved and there was no other place left for it because the shape was weird, by shape I mean the disk usage compared with IP usage. We'll definitely keep this one as a main focus for migrations once everything settles and make sure you can get back to the other end of the globe.

@tototo said:
    For my VPS that can't login to SolusVM (always getting "Invalid vserverid or username" error when clicking "VPS Controll Panel" button), cn I open the ticket? But it's from the BF-SPECIAL-2020 offer and has been migrated to Ryzen.

(Edit) It's probably working perfectly except for logging in to SolusVM panel. I think the error has occurred before the move to Ryzen and I didn't receive any email when the VPS was activated.

Yeah error must have occurred in the past. You'd need a ticket for it and it's going to take a long time for us to get to it unfortunately at this stage. Open it in priority department as an emergency if you actually can't access it but it sounds like you can so otherwise you'll have to try to go without controls for a week or two. Again if it's important though, use priority, we won't bill you.

Yet my vm in NYCB013 is not working. Priority ticket created 2 weeks ago.

• edited July 2022

@VirMach
    Just in case you weren't aware an Atlanta node appears to have gone down today. I don't have the node name as Solus is borked there but IP is in subnet 23.147.227.0
    No problem for me as this is marked for cancellation and was only used when my other ATL node was down.
    (DALZ007 Solus ISO only has TinyCore on it, so looks as though those replications are still stalling. Also, Rescue mode is inoperable - doesn't boot. Again, no rush, for me.)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    @VirMach
    Just in case you weren't aware an Atlanta node appears to have gone down today. I don't have the node name as Solus is borked there but IP is in subnet 23.147.227.0

There was a notice on the status page about reconfiguring atlanta nodes a short time before your message, perhaps that? It's either that or you are on the same node as one of mine that disappeared this afternoon it shows according to monitoring ;)

• edited July 2022

@Daevien said: It's either that or you are on the same node as one of mine that disappeared this afternoon..

Likely this.

Noticed at: 2022-07-19 19:09:37 (UTC+00:00)

As said, not an issue for me, as I just switched back to my original nameserver, which was idling.
    Just took a look at the Virmach notice - ta. Looks as though my other ATL is at risk too. It's ns4, out of 6 though. ;)

..currently re-configuring the network..

That should sort the steal out for everyone - so all good. We hope.

• @VirMach said:

@tototo said:
    For my VPS that can't login to SolusVM (always getting "Invalid vserverid or username" error when clicking "VPS Controll Panel" button), cn I open the ticket? But it's from the BF-SPECIAL-2020 offer and has been migrated to Ryzen.

(Edit) It's probably working perfectly except for logging in to SolusVM panel. I think the error has occurred before the move to Ryzen and I didn't receive any email when the VPS was activated.

Yeah error must have occurred in the past. You'd need a ticket for it and it's going to take a long time for us to get to it unfortunately at this stage. Open it in priority department as an emergency if you actually can't access it but it sounds like you can so otherwise you'll have to try to go without controls for a week or two. Again if it's important though, use priority, we won't bill you.

Literally two weeks ago, I realized I couldn't log in, but I didn't have any problems. From another point of view, I may never have been in trouble since last October. So I would like to open a ticket at a later date with normal priority.

• @VirMach said: I'd scream at CC but I've given up on that. They placed a permanent nullroute on the main IP. This is probably the 30th time they've done this, from a single website being malicious. I'm trying to get a server up and just move it at this point.

Ah I see, well I have about a zillion idle VPS so I'll just move the site to one of them. Thanks for the explanation. I'm losing millions!!!! Well not really, heh.

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited July 2022

@VirMach said:

@Neoon said:
    Any update on DALZ009? Still on Private IP range.

Not sure what you mean by that, on my end the /24 is functional and previous issue(s) corrected. I actually fully forgot what happened with this one, my brain can only store so much when it comes to literally everything breaking at some point but I did just check and verify every VM in DALZ009 has a correct IP assigned and random ones ping.

Forgive me.
    The first time I checked it, the Subnet had no route, likely was not announced + the IP started with 172. and someone mentioned some private IP addresses prior.

But the Subnet was just not announced, which it is now, and actually its not in the Private Range.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

SEAZ008 finally back up, god that took a long time. DC hands plugged in IPMI to LAN and LAN to IPMI, finally corrected. A lot of others have been fixed as well, all of Atlanta (DC hands gave the port numbers in reverse order) and all of NYC by now except NYCB036., SJCZ004 as well, and looking at the rest now.

• LAXA014 need Ryzen to Ryzen migrate button so we could move our VPS to different nodes.

LAXA014 still having recurring reboot if VPS in use.

• dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• Anyone else having intermittent packet loss on LAXA031 node?

$ mtr -w $LAXIP
    Start: 2022-07-21T19:29:14+0800
    HOST: snip                                  Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
      1.|-- 103.200.219.1                          0.0%    10    0.3   0.4   0.2   1.1   0.3
      2.|-- 10.15.62.214                           0.0%    10    0.3   0.4   0.3   0.5   0.1
      3.|-- 203.174.80.61                          0.0%    10    1.7   1.0   0.7   1.7   0.3
      4.|-- Hu0-0-0-17.br05.sin02.pccwbtn.net     50.0%    10    0.8   0.9   0.8   1.3   0.2
      5.|-- ???                                   100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
      6.|-- be2913.ccr41.lax04.atlas.cogentco.com  0.0%    10  191.6 191.7 191.5 192.4   0.3
      7.|-- 38.104.82.222                          0.0%    10  185.3 185.6 185.2 186.2   0.4
      8.|-- 64.188.0.51.static.quadranet.com       0.0%    10  208.2 210.2 186.6 223.5  10.3
      9.|-- 64.188.0.243                          50.0%    10  182.7 182.9 182.7 183.2   0.2
     10.|-- 64.188.17.185.static.quadranet.com    10.0%    10  190.6 189.8 187.1 193.9   2.5
     11.|-- 149.57.152.224                        10.0%    10  185.1 185.3 184.9 186.1   0.4
    $ mtr -w $LAXIP -c 30
    Start: 2022-07-21T19:29:38+0800
    HOST: snip                                  Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
      1.|-- 103.200.219.1                          0.0%    30    0.2   0.6   0.2   3.0   0.7
      2.|-- 10.15.62.214                           0.0%    30    0.3   0.5   0.3   2.8   0.5
      3.|-- 203.174.80.61                         20.0%    30    0.8   1.0   0.7   3.0   0.4
      4.|-- Hu0-0-0-17.br05.sin02.pccwbtn.net     43.3%    30    0.9   1.1   0.7   3.5   0.7
      5.|-- ???                                   100.0    30    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
      6.|-- be2913.ccr41.lax04.atlas.cogentco.com  3.3%    30  191.7 191.9 191.7 194.5   0.5
      7.|-- 38.104.82.222                          0.0%    30  185.2 186.6 185.2 197.8   2.5
      8.|-- 64.188.0.51.static.quadranet.com       3.3%    30  186.6 190.4 186.0 246.7  13.1
      9.|-- 64.188.0.243                          20.0%    30  181.9 183.2 181.8 196.9   3.0
     10.|-- 64.188.17.185.static.quadranet.com    30.0%    30  188.9 188.8 186.2 195.1   2.5
     11.|-- 149.57.152.224                        10.0%    30  184.0 184.7 183.9 185.6   0.5

@netrix said:
    LAXA014 need Ryzen to Ryzen migrate button so we could move our VPS to different nodes.

LAXA014 still having recurring reboot if VPS in use.

We completed PSU swap here, so we have to see what's wrong at this point. It's just shutting off and not throwing out kernel errors so what's left that could be possible I can think of is CPU suddenly overheating or loose cables elsewhere.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said: all of NYC by now except NYCB036.,

Thank you for SEAZ008 I appreciate that one.
    Just a FYI. There may still be an issue with NYCM101. Billing panel times out, and there have been a couple of reports of no access (ssh ping). My VM on this node has been down since 07-18 14:02 although I am redundant in NYC so no big deal for me .

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Hi. @VirMach, The VM at DALZ007 has been offline for more than 3 weeks.when will it be repaired. Or help me migrate it to different nodes?

@gogogo said:
    Hi. @VirMach, The VM at DALZ007 has been offline for more than 3 weeks.when will it be repaired. Or help me migrate it to different nodes?

04:40:12 up 6 days, 4:12, 1 user, load average: 8.04, 8.25, 7.43

@FrankZ said:

@VirMach said: all of NYC by now except NYCB036.,

Thank you for SEAZ008 I appreciate that one.
    Just a FYI. There may still be an issue with NYCM101. Billing panel times out, and there have been a couple of reports of no access (ssh ping). My VM on this node has been down since 07-18 14:02 although I am redundant in NYC so no big deal for me .

It's been renamed to NYCB036 and I've been painfully aware of it being down. I have no access to IPMI and no one seems to care. I've mentioned it at least 4 times and it hasn't even been marked as request put in to the DC yet. Also marked on a problem sheet and specifically marked as having customers on it and therefore higher priority.

It could very well be another case of DC hands doesn't know the difference between IPMI and LAN ports but we'll eventually see.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited July 2022

@VirMach said: 04:40:12 up 6 days, 4:12, 1 user, load average: 8.04, 8.25, 7.43

PING 149.57.209.1 (149.57.209.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 149.57.209.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=120 ms

Understandable, from both sides, though I concur that DALZ007 has been inoperable for weeks now.

Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: false
    Service online: offline

Won't even respond to a Rescue boot up. :-/

• @AlwaysSkint said:

Understandable, from both sides, though I concur that DALZ007 has been inoperable for weeks now.

Weird. My VPS is Dallas is on DALZ007 ... working fine.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @skorous said:

Weird. ... working fine.

Out of curiosity only, what does it say when you press Troubleshoot?

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@skorous said:

Weird. ... working fine.

Out of curiosity only, what does it say when you press Troubleshoot?

If you contact support, provide debug data:

Main IP pings: true
    Service online: online
    Operating System: linux-debian-11-x86_64-legacy-gen2-v1
    Service Status:Active
    Registration Date:2020-12-08

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AlwaysSkint said: Node Online: false

Just an FYI this does not seem to work correctly on Ryzen nodes. I get the same "Node Online: false" on perfectly good, working VMs.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint skorous

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said: Just an FYI this does not seem to work correctly on Ryzen nodes.

Thought as much.

• @VirMach said:

@gogogo said:
    Hi. @VirMach, The VM at DALZ007 has been offline for more than 3 weeks.when will it be repaired. Or help me migrate it to different nodes?

04:40:12 up 6 days, 4:12, 1 user, load average: 8.04, 8.25, 7.43

I tried everything, reboot, shutdown, reinstall, rescue. But always offline. then can you tell me what should i do?

• @gogogo
    That's the same tiny VPS that I have. What's with Ubuntu? Don't even think about it!
    At best, you're looking at debian 8, with that limited RAM - perhaps if lucky, a later version. I gave Alamalinux 8 a shot just to check for template issues, but didn't really expect that to boot.
    The "complete" suite of ISO is unavailable to this node, so netboot.xyz isn't an option for now and the only one, TinyCore isn't booting either.
    I've created a debian 8 img file to try out but can't due to Rescue not booting, which is strange.

@AlwaysSkint said:

@VirMach said: 04:40:12 up 6 days, 4:12, 1 user, load average: 8.04, 8.25, 7.43

PING 149.57.209.1 (149.57.209.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 149.57.209.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=120 ms

There's about 3-5% of the VMs offline, but the node as a whole isn't. Those are on our queue.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@gogogo said: I tried everything, reboot, shutdown, reinstall, rescue. But always offline. then can you tell me what should i do?

@AlwaysSkint is probably correct about the lack of memory and Ubuntu 20.04 being an issue. I am working with someone on the OGF with the same problem on DALZ007, also with an Ubuntu 20.04 ISO install, on a larger VPS. Originally purchased as Ryzen, never migrated, worked fine from April to July 5th when it went down and has never booted since. The node is confirmed up as other people have confirmed working VMs on DALZ007, and VirMach has confirmed it here. Same symptoms as you, reboot, shutdown, no ISO mounted, etc, stays offline. If we figure anything out I'll let you know.

Node: DALZ007 id: 659218

• My Dallas 512mb VPS didn't work with Debian either (every time I did an upgrade, it lost the boot drive and wouldn't reboot). Centos 8 Stream install didn't work for me so I installed Centos 8 and manually upgraded it to Centos 8 Stream and it's been up for 7 days now.

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    @gogogo
    That's the same tiny VPS that I have. What's with Ubuntu? Don't even think about it!
    At best, you're looking at debian 8, with that limited RAM - perhaps if lucky, a later version. I gave Alamalinux 8 a shot just to check for template issues, but didn't really expect that to boot.
    The "complete" suite of ISO is unavailable to this node, so netboot.xyz isn't an option for now and the only one, TinyCore isn't booting either.
    I've created a debian 8 img file to try out but can't due to Rescue not booting, which is strange.

so,The only thing left to do was to wait for @VirMach 's help

• @FrankZ said:

@gogogo said: I tried everything, reboot, shutdown, reinstall, rescue. But always offline. then can you tell me what should i do?

@AlwaysSkint is probably correct about the lack of memory and Ubuntu 20.04 being an issue. I am working with someone on the OGF with the same problem on DALZ007, also with an Ubuntu 20.04 ISO install, on a larger VPS. Originally purchased as Ryzen, never migrated, worked fine from April to July 5th when it went down and has never booted since. The node is confirmed up as other people have confirmed working VMs on DALZ007, and VirMach has confirmed it here. Same symptoms as you, reboot, shutdown, no ISO mounted, etc, stays offline. If we figure anything out I'll let you know.

Node: DALZ007 id: 659218

thanks.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@gogogo - I made a mistake on the node ID it was DALZ004 not DALZ007, but we ended up in the same place as you, not booting no matter what we tried. Guess we are just going to have to wait on VirMach to fix these. Like he said above it is in the queue. Hope you get going soon™

This discussion has been closed.