[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @Mason said: Could also be someone hijacking your IP. I had similar intermittent connectivity issues with a different provider in the past and found out my IP was doubly assigned.

Good point although pinging does not give a response (at all) - I have seen a 'flipping' ip which switches between one machine and another with same ip.
    Also (but may not be related) the CP gives the standard -
    Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

Not openeing tickets as I am sure @VirMach will be aware.....

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • @msatt said:

@atomi said:
    My VPS at FFME006 has been good, last problem in my monitoring (1m periods) is 27/7/22
    Current hostnode is timing out in CP but VPS is working fine with uptime of 23days

The VM sends a heartbeat (MQTT) message every 2 minutes and after 6 minutes I get a report.
    I try to ssh in and get no response so then use CP which gives a timeout error trying to access the VM - so can't check VNC. Other VMs (on different nodes are fine).
    So either my VM is being 'chosen' or something else is happening..... (not trying to be rude) :-)

Edit - just had a thought - perhaps this is some dhcp timeout?

Now also my VPS went offline

• edited August 2022

From 14 VPS one is offline in LA node timeout (control panel) I am not sure on which one it was, rest work, one PHXZ001 is slow net/performance

• @reb0rn said:
    From 14 VPS one is offline in LA node timeout (control panel) I am not sure on which one it was, rest work, one PHXZ001 is slow net/performance

Ah, welcome my fellow LAX neighbour, welcome to the "it worked great til it exploded" neighbourhood ;)

Thanked by (1)dedicados
  • @Daevien said:

@imok said:
    I hope my SSD4G in Dallas gets back up online this month.

I'm lazy to restore backups.

Not so sure you want it to be in Dallas. The remote hands there are literally that, hands with no brain attached. See https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/93932/#Comment_93932

I want it online anywhere in US. I will wait patiently, it's free stuff anyway.

• @msatt said:
    @VirMach FFME006 giving timeout errors in CP.
    History of this server is really poor (All UK times) :anguished:

Service migrated with data from Amsterdam AMSKVM6 to Frankfurt FFME006 and worked on 29/6/22
    30/6/22 FFME006 server went offline with Booting from hard disk - boot failed.
    8/7/22 Managed to re-install Ubuntu 20.04 Ryzen
    25/7/22 Failed - timeout accessing panel recovered 26/7/22 @ 7:35
    27/7/22 Failed @ 10:52 recovered 29/7/22 ~ 01:00
    6/8/22 Failed @ 06:24:02 recovered 11:31 (uptime not reset - so likely network problem) up 8 days
    11/8/22 Failed @ 07:25:01

Happened to my VPS in FFME006 as well. All the timings are similar too 😂

• @kheng86 @atomi
    FFME006 back online.
    Service migrated with data from Amsterdam AMSKVM6 to Frankfurt FFME006 and worked on 29/6/22
    30/6/22 FFME006 server went offline with Booting from hard disk - boot failed.
    8/7/22 Managed to re-install Ubuntu 20.04 Ryzen
    25/7/22 Failed - timeout accessing panel recovered 26/7/22 @ 7:35
    27/7/22 Failed @ 10:52 recovered 29/7/22 ~ 01:00
    6/8/22 Failed @ 06:24:02 recovered 11:31 (uptime not reset - so likely network problem) up 8 days
    11/8/22 Failed @ 07:25:01 timeout accessing panel - recovered 12/8/22 @ 12:02

Thanked by (1)atomi
  • @imok said:

@Daevien said:

@imok said:
    I hope my SSD4G in Dallas gets back up online this month.

I'm lazy to restore backups.

Not so sure you want it to be in Dallas. The remote hands there are literally that, hands with no brain attached. See https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/93932/#Comment_93932

I want it online anywhere in US. I will wait patiently, it's free stuff anyway.

I just had to reconfigure network with the new IP.

It took me around an hour. Fucking VNC, keyboard layout and YAML files. Fucking Ubuntu.

• jtkjtk
    edited August 2022

Looking for guidance on how to report/track outstanding problems that I think likely require some actual support from VirMach. I've had dozens of dozens migrated successfully, but I have at least the following outstanding problems:

• A system (on RYZE.ATL-Z005.VMS) was successfully migrated, but is missing two additional IPv4 addresses that were part of the original plan.
    • A system (on RYZE.NYC-B018.VMS) was migrated, but network layer reachability is very spotty and practically unusable, maybe a duplicate IPv4 address issue?
    • A BF system (was on LA10GKVM14) has been unavailable since June 23, not even sure if this was migration related.

I have a "[MERGED]" priority ticket (#298500) open that includes a note about a NY dedicated server (per a request I saw in an earlier forum message) and a few "Your service's IP address w.x.y.z has been blacklisted [...]" tickets VirMach initially opened for some migrated systems. Maybe I should add details of the above issues to that ticket?

• edited August 2022

@jtk said: ..is missing two additional IPv4 addresses..

I have the same situation on a different node (it was auto migrated Buffalo->NYC). The answer(s) from Virmach haven't been encouraging at all and there's a distinct possibility that they won't be reinstated. :astonished: :'(

[RYZE.ATL-Z007.VMS appears to be as dead as a can o' Spam, for about a week.]

Thanked by (1)jtk

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@jtk said: ..is missing two additional IPv4 addresses..

I have the same situation on a different node (it was auto migrated Buffalo->NYC). The answer(s) from Virmach haven't been encouraging at all and there's a distinct possibility that they won't be reinstated. :astonished: :'(

Bummer as I had enjoyed servers with additional IPs. Had open ticket on this as well as replacement server from the CC Dedicated server fiasco. was merged into one and closed earlier today only to instruct with open new ticket with "Dedicated Server Migration" in title and my preference for the new server. So lets see when the replacement server would be deployed.

• @bula said: .. only to instruct with open new ticket ..

Interesting; poor Virmach is still working through dedis - that'll be hampering progress elsewhere.

(I do hope that additional IPs will materialise - one can but hope.)

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@AlwaysSkint said:

I'm also affected by this unfortunately.

On the plus side, the freemach dedi was delivered. However, it has centos loaded and their dedi control panel isn't working, so will have to wait until they get that fixed that so I can install proxmox and all that fun stuff.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @Mason said: .. so I can install proxmox..

Dunno if you load from ISO, or as I prefer, boot debian and per-configure partitions etc. Boot debian from CentOS - a piss about but possible? ;)

@AlwaysSkint said:

@Mason said: .. so I can install proxmox..

Dunno if you load from ISO, or as I prefer, boot debian and per-configure partitions etc. Boot debian from CentOS - a piss about but possible? ;)

I usually just use proxmox ISO because I'm a basic bitch. Don't think I'd ever trust proxmox on top of Debian on top of centos or whatever would be involved in that :P

They're tracking the dedicated server control issue in their status announcements. Something broken with the modulesgarden plugin it seems.

• @Mason said: I usually just use proxmox ISO..

That's what I done the 1st time and regretted it due to the disc layout. Subsequently, I boot debian, then add Proxmox.
    :)

(Debian would replace CentOS completely in what I suggested above.)

Thanked by (1)imok

• Now some good news, for a change..
    My titchy Dallas VPS is alive again! Yay! From the mod that gave us YABS.

Fri 12 Aug 2022 08:28:30 PM EDT

Basic System Information:

Uptime : 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes
    Processor : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores : 1 @ 3693.060 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 231.2 MiB
    Swap : 256.0 MiB
    Disk : 9.6 GiB
    Distro : Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
    Kernel : 4.19.0-21-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 319.99 MB/s (79.9k) 515.94 MB/s (8.0k)
    Write 320.84 MB/s (80.2k) 518.66 MB/s (8.1k)
    Total 640.84 MB/s (160.2k) 1.03 GB/s (16.1k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 287.00 MB/s (560) 878.98 MB/s (858)
    Write 302.25 MB/s (590) 937.52 MB/s (915)
    Total 589.25 MB/s (1.1k) 1.81 GB/s (1.7k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 609 Mbits/sec | 192 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 637 Mbits/sec | 214 Mbits/sec
    Hybula | The Netherlands (40G) | 577 Mbits/sec | 412 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom | Tashkent, UZ (10G) | 357 Mbits/sec | 179 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 907 Mbits/sec | 571 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Dallas, TX, US (10G) | 936 Mbits/sec | busy
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 921 Mbits/sec | 598 Mbits/sec

Thanks @Virmach !

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider
    edited August 2022

@Mason said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

@Mason said: .. so I can install proxmox..

I usually just use proxmox ISO because I'm a basic bitch. Don't think I'd ever trust proxmox on top of Debian on top of centos or whatever would be involved in that :P

They're tracking the dedicated server control issue in their status announcements. Something broken with the modulesgarden plugin it seems.

I usually prefer using Debian 11, allocating all space to root, and then installing Proxmox on top. It's much easier than dealing with ZFS (only option via Proxmox ISO for RAID) or the weird partitioning Proxmox does :)

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

debian 11 ftw

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

edited August 2022

@AlwaysSkint said: Debian would replace CentOS completely in what I suggested above

Got it! :+1: Though, I am a bit hesitant to try anything without some sort of console redirection or power controls at the very least.

@Advin said: I usually prefer using Debian 11, allocating all space to root, and then installing Proxmox on top. It's much easier than dealing with ZFS (only option via Proxmox ISO for RAID) or the weird partitioning Proxmox does :)

Yeah, I'll probably take that route this time around. Didn't have much experience under my belt when first setting the server up years ago so I kept things simple.

• @jtk said:

• A BF system (was on LA10GKVM14) has been unavailable since June 23, not even sure if this was migration related.

I had VPS also in that node and asked earlier in this thread from @VirMach. Its gone because of PSU failure and they are regenerating servers at some point. I guess all we can do is wait

Thanked by (1)jtk
  • Yeah I think there is a SJC server in the same condition.

• Looks like ryzen migrate button is available again on my service. I tried to use it for 2nd time (LAX to JP), but not working.

So i tried to use paid migrate (without data $3) button, and my BF vps finally online on Tokyo, JP

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ virmach for this feature

I’m a simple man I see gifs, I press thanks

• Looks like ryzen migrate button is available again on my service. I tried to use it for 2nd time (LAX to JP), but not working.

So i tried to use paid migrate (without data $3) button, and my BF vps finally online on Tokyo, JP

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ virmach for this feature

very lucky.

on my side, even paid migration was not automated (#596130 since 26/07/2022).

why it's so hard to move from this problematic node (LAXA014), even LA to LA doesn't work.

• SJCZ008 & NYCB004S just had posts on https://billing.virmach.com/serverstatus.php

Virmach is alive and hopefully even managed some sleep this weekend?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

TYOC040 is down

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @netrix said: on my side, even paid migration was not automated (#596130 since 26/07/2022).

>

me too. @VirMach ach hasn't been around in a long time.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited August 2022

Update: all tickets with appropriately titled dedicated server migration tickets have been completed. Sorry it took so long. I did get help with these so if yours isn't completed, let me know. If your ticket is merged or titled anything else other than "Dedicated Server Migration" it's up to you but it might work to your benefit to close it and create a new one in the priority department titled as such. Sorry for falling behind on replies here; I'll still try to reply to everyone but there's more comments than I can handle right now without losing focus.

Some other updates/information:

• We are aware of the few servers offline. I requested someone update the status page this morning. These will unfortunately take some time to resolve given the current situation we're in.
    • Japan and Amsterdam storage nodes are going to be sent out early next week or possibly by the end of this week. I know these have been heavily delayed and again, I apologize.
    • I've requested someone complete re-creations for broken VMs so if yours is still inaccessible at this point, please make sure you have a priority ticket in for it.
    • Server controls for dedicated servers are still unfortunately broken. If you require some action such as a reboot or reinstall then please put in a priority ticket for it. We're still trying to get controls completed but waiting

@Daevien said:
    SJCZ008 & NYCB004S just had posts on https://billing.virmach.com/serverstatus.php

Virmach is alive and hopefully even managed some sleep this weekend?

Yes, I've been catching up on sleep and delegating a lot of tasks to others at the company. I haven't been around because I want to make sure I spend the time I have fruitfully so at this time it's better I get important tasks done instead of hanging around the forums.

I suppose a negative way of looking at things would be to say I finally "burned out" after the last year of constant work but I definitely need some more time to recuperate at this point (and it'll ultimately be beneficial.)

@gogogo said:

@netrix said: on my side, even paid migration was not automated (#596130 since 26/07/2022).

>

me too. @VirMach ach hasn't been around in a long time.

Migrations to Tokyo end up having a lot of issues and they're vastly more popular than other requests. I don't know if yours is a Tokyo request but if it is then please understand there are hundreds of requests we're trying to catch up with in Tokyo.

@cybertech said:
    TYOC040 is down

This isn't down. If you have issues with your service please make a priority ticket, but at this point it might be best to private message me here. Private message from only @cybertech please, just in case more people are affected.

Thanked by (1)tototo
This discussion has been closed.