[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@AlwaysSkint said:

@cybertech said: ..to AMS

I'm thinking that I could do with a second one there. ;)

its only 4ms away from my storage box with NAT IPv4, will be generating funny ideas when i catch a break 😏

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach sir, any info about adding ipv6 back to Tokyo?

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@MemphisX said:
    I've been in a bit of a predicament with VirMach for a while... For a start, I understand that VirMach has been having a lot of trouble lately with ColoCrossing - speaking of which, what happened to them? I have (or had) a dedicated server, which I haven't had access to for nearly 6 months because of a networking issue. Then last month, overnight, I got an email saying it was suddenly being "migrated" elsewhere, and that I should back up my data. Well this is the problem, I couldn't back it up, since I hadn't had access to it for months on end. Now I'm being told that the data is lost and there's little chance of it being recovered. So what happens now?

I'm not sure if you're speaking of us or ColoCrossing in your comment but if it's us then the timeline doesn't correlate and it's possible you're facing some other layer of issues.

@Mason said:
    Ohh and yeah -- getting the data back isn't going to be an option at this point.... ColonCrossing made sure of that.

I believe we can share this information but I'll just say it based on what we had planned to potentially do rather than what we actually have done.

We wanted to give them a chance to consider powering these on, any servers that were paid for additionally through the end of August/September based on the vague communication we may have been provided regarding how they were going to proceed, whether or not it actually be what was supposed to happen. So that we could provide access to customers and reduce the damages caused. Since that did not happen you can make your own inferences on what happened.

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @Virmach I know that you've said in the past that Transfers can be time consuming, but..
    If you fancy a change from the "mundane" usual Tickets, could you please process the (merged) open Ticket for one.
    Poor @vyas already paid me at the beginning of the month and it doesn't feel right holding onto his bucks, for nothing.
    Go on, you know you want to. :p

For probably years at this point we've been trying to streamline the process. It obviously hasn't happened. It's just very easy for these tickets to stay indefinitely in limbo because everyone other than myself is essentially afraid to do it since it involves a lot of security. As in, all the red tape I put over it basically puts the #1 priority at making sure it's impossible for a hacked account to lose their service or for the wrong account to go to the wrong place or for a SolusVM account with multiple services to accidentally be transferred instead of just the one service and so on. It's a lot of triple checking everything, all the logs on each account, sometimes pages of it, and so on.

I know some people might think we just do it to charge $3 and then profit and then just do nothing for weeks or months but that's not really the case.

@tenpera said:
    @Virmach I was glad to see ipv6 working at Germany, thanks.

I didn't do anything, sorry, lol. I'm actually surprised it works, it shouldn't but I guess it probably does on one node still. May I know which node it is so we can try to preserve it?

edited September 2022

@cybertech said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    In other news, a Ryzen Migration from ATL to SEA went flawlessly. :)

did the same from LAX to AMS. now happy with xTom.

will Virmach plan to supply IPv6 in that location?

IPv6 will be in all locations except potentially some delay in Hivelocity. Their IPv4 pricing is crazy so I'm not sure how it's going to be for IPv6 but I can't imagine it'd be too terrible. We already have large blocks with everyone else. QN, I think has the smallest IPv6 blocks assigned to us. So it goes xTom --> Dedipath --> QN --> Hivelocity in terms of likelihood for problems with direct providers based on the quantity we have per cabinet I think right now.

The plan is to do 1x IPV6 and 1x /64 IPv6 subnet. Technically with some partners we have enough to where we could assign more than /64 IPv6 such as a /56 IPv6 but I think that's a good amount (/64 IPv6.) Open to suggestions.

We also want to set up a failover IPv4 NAT for every VPS as well. I'm trying to see if we can essentially purchase one IPv4 block for this so it's actually ours, owned by us, and do that with it so no matter what customers will never lose full connectivity just as a result of some third party deciding to pull IPv4. And then that essentially will also open the door to ultra low priced NAT offerings with IPv6. Think $7/YR instead of $12/YR with IPv4.

Thanked by (3)cybertech tototo lemoncube

@cybertech said:
    whats the issue with node 40? will you be extending service for those affected instead of credits? credits cant help me get back 6TB of premium bandwidth watching educational videos in Japan.

The issue will require several reboots and potentially hard power off and reseating. One of the disks fully disappeared and for some reason the system isn't throwing errors which makes... no sense really but I think I've seen it happen maybe once before a long time ago. Usually if a disk goes away in the OS it would throw errors saying it ever existed in the past and marked as [UNKNOWN] but this time it's not there and it's acting as if it was never there.

Sorry if that information sounds useless I just won't know more until we power it off to go into BIOS and check a few other things.

Credits, I don't know how we'll end up doing that. I don't want to get in another situation where we delay fixing it specifically to be able to go through manually and do any specific type of crediting because it becomes more difficult to track and credit after it's fixed especially if they move around.

IPv4 Update - We signed the contract with the new provider and working to get it done within our timeline. I know we're behind by a day so we'll push the notice into the change officially happening on Thursday instead of next Wednesday.

We've tested the first step and it looks to be going very smoothly. So you should get a ticket tonight with your exact IPv4 to expect.

edited September 2022

@VirMach said:

@cybertech said:
    whats the issue with node 40? will you be extending service for those affected instead of credits? credits cant help me get back 6TB of premium bandwidth watching educational videos in Japan.

The issue will require several reboots and potentially hard power off and reseating. One of the disks fully disappeared and for some reason the system isn't throwing errors which makes... no sense really but I think I've seen it happen maybe once before a long time ago. Usually if a disk goes away in the OS it would throw errors saying it ever existed in the past and marked as [UNKNOWN] but this time it's not there and it's acting as if it was never there.

Sorry if that information sounds useless I just won't know more until we power it off to go into BIOS and check a few other things.

Credits, I don't know how we'll end up doing that. I don't want to get in another situation where we delay fixing it specifically to be able to go through manually and do any specific type of crediting because it becomes more difficult to track and credit after it's fixed especially if they move around.

i understand from your point of view, but as a customer its not that fair either. the only consolation is that the service is lowendpriced.
    anyway i dont think there's any effective solution to this apart from getting the nodes up and stable as a priority.

in any case hope your other battles are going strong.

@cybertech said:

@VirMach said:

@cybertech said:

i understand from your point of view, but as a customer its not that fair either. the only consolation is that the service is lowendpriced.
    anyway i dont think there's any effective solution to this apart from getting the nodes up and stable as a priority.

in any case hope your other battles are going strong.

We'll definitely get it figured out in terms of credit. I'm not saying we won't provide any, just that it may be done later so we can focus on the outage.

Thanked by (1)cybertech
    edited September 2022

@VirMach said:

@cybertech said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    In other news, a Ryzen Migration from ATL to SEA went flawlessly. :)

did the same from LAX to AMS. now happy with xTom.

will Virmach plan to supply IPv6 in that location?

IPv6 will be in all locations except potentially some delay in Hivelocity. Their IPv4 pricing is crazy so I'm not sure how it's going to be for IPv6 but I can't imagine it'd be too terrible. We already have large blocks with everyone else. QN, I think has the smallest IPv6 blocks assigned to us. So it goes xTom --> Dedipath --> QN --> Hivelocity in terms of likelihood for problems with direct providers based on the quantity we have per cabinet I think right now.

The plan is to do 1x IPV6 and 1x /64 IPv6 subnet. Technically with some partners we have enough to where we could assign more than /64 IPv6 such as a /56 IPv6 but I think that's a good amount (/64 IPv6.) Open to suggestions.

We also want to set up a failover IPv4 NAT for every VPS as well. I'm trying to see if we can essentially purchase one IPv4 block for this so it's actually ours, owned by us, and do that with it so no matter what customers will never lose full connectivity just as a result of some third party deciding to pull IPv4. And then that essentially will also open the door to ultra low priced NAT offerings with IPv6. Think $7/YR instead of $12/YR with IPv4.

i just needed wanted 1xIPv6 so anything goes i guess?

although with /64 its a ready backup in case of any unforeseen IPv4 mishaps that may cripple services especially on a scale such as yours.

but NAT priced offerings? freaking awesome. it could be a win-win for true lowenders without provider bearing the liabilities of IPv4.

on that note i would suggest an "NAT port control panel" that can forward ports on the portal, instead of manually configuring it within the VPS. beginners like me wont have to sweat it then. i think this would fly.

having more control over IPs and Hardware, moving in positive direction amidst the teething issues.

Phoenix has been notified of IP address change. The emails have been sent from SolusVM. This location is not yet getting the new IP address. We're preparing to send in the tickets (emails will come from WHMCS) for the other locations. These will have the new IP address included with them.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@cybertech said:

The plan was to originally provide 1 x /64 IPv6 but we decided to also provide a single IPv6 which both facilitates using it through SolusVM and is more user friendly. Adding in the 1x IPv6 is easier than adding the /64 IPv6 so a long time ago I believe I said that the /64 IPv6 may not be guaranteed but currently I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be possible.

@cybertech said: but NAT priced offerings? freaking awesome. it could be a win-win for true lowenders without provider bearing the liabilities of IPv4.

on that note i would suggest an "NAT port control panel" that can forward ports on the portal, instead of manually configuring it within the VPS. beginners like me wont have to sweat it then. i think this would fly.

Yeah we've been meaning to do this for quite some time but in the past with no IPv6 and the fact that SolusVM doesn't natively support it, we ended up not doing it. But once we finally get past all this craziness it shouldn't be too much of a headache to set up a script that configures it automatically and with IPv6 it's a completed solution.

@cybertech said:
    having more control over IPs and Hardware, moving in positive direction amidst the teething issues.

Yeah, I'm very excited about this part of our company's lifetime.

Thanked by (2)cybertech FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:
    Phoenix has been notified of IP address change. The emails have been sent from SolusVM. This location is not yet getting the new IP address. We're preparing to send in the tickets (emails will come from WHMCS) for the other locations. These will have the new IP address included with them.

My Gmail received the email (just reporting)

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • Is it all of Phoenix that is changing? Haven't gotten the email yet for one on PHXZ002

• williewillie OG
    edited September 2022

@VirMach said: Hivelocity. Their IPv4 pricing is crazy so I'm not sure how it's going to be for IPv6 but I can't imagine it'd be too terrible

If you have an ASN, getting your own v6 space should be pretty easy still. It is v4 that is difficult.

@VirMach said: We also want to set up a failover IPv4 NAT for every VPS as well. I'm trying to see if we can essentially purchase one IPv4 block for this so it's actually ours, owned by us, and do that with it so no matter what customers will never lose full connectivity just as a result of some third party deciding to pull IPv4.

This doesn't sound worthwhile. v6-only is almost as good, in the event that the VPS's dedicated v4 address goes away. Whatever abuse was going on will likely take out the shared v4 address too. That happens all the time with NAT services. LES got its start that way and super cheap NAT VPS is fun, but was never very reliable because of the shared address being an abuse and DDOS target.

• DaevienDaevien OG
    edited September 2022

Just got email about change for a MIAZ012 vps as a note :)
    Edit: others rolling in as well for NY

• @skorous said:

@WeiHo said:

@skorous said:

@WeiHo said:

Do u have any service in TYOC035?

No, and for that you have my sympathy. Truly unlucky for you.

So.This is why u can not understand.

I understand fine. I understand that you're unhappy/angry/upset. I understand you've paid for a service you aren't receiving. I understand this causes you great stress. I understand that you want to make all of these things known. The unresolved question is whether you understand that you're using words incorrectly. It's not abandoned. It's not ignored. It just hasn't gotten fixed yet because other things are being done first. Is that fair? (shrug)

TYOC035 : Last Updated 09/13/2022 16:39
    TYOC040 : Last Updated 09/21/2022 07:03
    Actually.035 offline more earlier than that.Do you believe that without ignored?
    You said that i m unhappy/angry/upset.But it is not my feeling because it is useless for the outage.In fact with more speechless and helpless.

• Hello sexy,

This is a (7) day notice. The change will be completed on Thursday, September 29, 2022. Your service will be rebooted on that date for changes to take effect, although you may be able to perform this sooner by referring to the additional information provided below.

Current IP: 149.x
    Future IP: 47.x

Additional Information:
    A new IP address has been assigned to your virtual server as a secondary address, but it is not yet functional and should not yet be used. This address is provided early to allow you to plan ahead. Once it becomes functional, we will change your service's main IP address automatically, and it will appear as the main IP for your service and on your control panel. We will also update the network status page as they become available. When checking the network status page, your service node name (LAXA032) will be mentioned. At this time, both IP addresses will function during this transition period so you may utilize the "reconfigure networking" button early (optional.) Then, finally, on September 29th, we will automatically reconfigure your IP address.

We will post any additional updates on the network status page: https://billing.virmach.com/serverstatus.php

FAQ:

Why is my IP address changing?
    Our current IP provider made policy changes requiring a fee to be paid in cases of reported abuse. To avoid having to pass down these fees, and to ensure continued stability, we have leased addresses from another company for a longer term.

What if the new IP does not ping?
    This means that the network configuration needs to be updated. We will post a guide on the network status page by the time the new IP address is available, so you can follow the guide in case of problems, but usually just clicking on the reconfigure network button on your service page works.

Will we receive IPv6?
    We are also going to assign your service an IPv6 address, but this will be done at a later time. We will automatically assign these when ready and you'll see it on your service control panel when it is ready.

What if my service comes with additional IP addresses?
    We will at a later time add a button where you can request back these additional addresses and pro-rated credits for the time they were unavailable. This button will appear on your service details page when it is ready.

If you have any questions, please let us know. Please use this specific ticket for any issues you have related to the IP change only and use another ticket for other existing issues instead. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • @lesuser said:
    Hello sexy,

are you asking me?

Thanked by (1)lesuser
  • @ehab said:

@lesuser said:
    Hello sexy,

are you asking me?

Not asking, telling.

@lesuser said:
    Hello sexy,

now im jealous.

Thanked by (2)lesuser vyas

• @cybertech said:

@lesuser said:
    Hello sexy,

now im jealous.

we all know who is the sexist guy in LES.

hint

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • Chinese customers will be happy with an IP from

checkts notes

AliCloud

NetRange:       47.74.0.0 - 47.87.255.255
    CIDR:           47.74.0.0/15, 47.76.0.0/14, 47.80.0.0/13
    NetName:        AL-3
    NetHandle:      NET-47-74-0-0-1
    Parent:         NET47 (NET-47-0-0-0-0)
    NetType:        Direct Allocation
    OriginAS:
    Organization:   Alibaba.com LLC (AL-3)
    RegDate:        2016-03-17
    Updated:        2017-04-26
    Ref:            https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/47.74.0.0

@debaser said:
    Chinese customers will be happy with an IP from

checkts notes

AliCloud

NetRange:       47.74.0.0 - 47.87.255.255
    CIDR:           47.74.0.0/15, 47.76.0.0/14, 47.80.0.0/13
    NetName:        AL-3
    NetHandle:      NET-47-74-0-0-1
    Parent:         NET47 (NET-47-0-0-0-0)
    NetType:        Direct Allocation
    OriginAS:
    Organization:   Alibaba.com LLC (AL-3)
    RegDate:        2016-03-17
    Updated:        2017-04-26
    Ref:            https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/47.74.0.0

cool, send all MJJ abuse customer details to alibaba to check on them

edited September 2022

Hello Your Majesty,

This is a (7) day notice. The change will be completed on Thursday, September 29, 2022. Your service will be rebooted on that date for changes to take effect, although you may be able to perform this sooner by referring to the additional information provided below.

Current IP: 149.57.149.57
    Future IP: 47.47.47.47

• Some of these ranges are already on my own iptables ban lists. This isn't going to be fun.

• @Jab said:
    E-mails sent? I've received nothing, did I win a jackpot and non of my VPSes will change IP?

Talk about hitting the lottery, I'm up to nine services getting re-ip'ed so far out of fifteen.

Thanked by (2)VirMach FrankZ
This discussion has been closed.