[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @VirMach said:

@msatt said:
    Lets go for 292 without coffee

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean. Actually funny enough the first thing I did is order some coffee with a snack and the delivery guy forgot my coffee so it's very clear I'm being sabotaged.

So msatt was your delivery guy, confirmed?

• @foxcoo said:

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • 987 tickets left

Thanked by (4)_MS_ ehab imok chimichurri

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited September 2022

Nobody: How many tickets are left?
    VirMach: Yes.

Please convert 'Yes' to numbers, that's the number of tickets left.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @Daevien said:

@VirMach said:

@msatt said:
    Lets go for 292 without coffee

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean. Actually funny enough the first thing I did is order some coffee with a snack and the delivery guy forgot my coffee so it's very clear I'm being sabotaged.

So msatt was your delivery guy, confirmed?

And I slipped something else in to the snack - so now I am going to increase my prediction to

• @ehab said:

@foxcoo said:

What's this?

• Mazda Protege?

@foxcoo said:

@ehab said:

@foxcoo said:

What's this?

• At this point, most of the tickets probably require some investigation, and with more coming in

• @foxcoo said:

@ehab said:

@foxcoo said:

mazda 626

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • @VirMach said:

@bakageta said: Gonna guess 157 tickets. I feel like that's a little low but we'll see.

@Eason said:
    I'm guessing 150 working tickets are done today

It was between these two numbers.

@FrankZ said:
    Seems there is a lot going on in VirMach land. New IPv4, 5 million email, free VPS.
    My guess VirMach was a bit distracted by other things and answered 86 tickets.

Yeahhhhh I was pretty motivated to do a lot but things fell apart quickly after noon. Then it looks like I did my last ticket at 3:42PM and fell asleep shortly after and woke back up at 11:50PM. I think I got overconfident in the morning after my coffee but forgot I was powering through the previous night and crashed hard.

Then around 40 more marked as completed which I'm in the habit of doing after doing something (the system replies for me saying it's done.) And looks like the actual number I effectively "cleared out" was officially 273 but that number doesn't count.

Okay let's do another bean count. Currently there's 1147 tickets left in the backlog. Everyone else has the day off. Let's do a guess for how many tickets will be left in 24 hours from now (12:22AM to 12:22AM tomorrow.) And I'll up the prize to an NVMe32G for life or an E3 dedicated server but I pick the location. So again you're guessing the ticket count we end up with tomorrow at 12:22AM. And another hint here, I'll actually be awake the entire 24 hours since I got a full "night" rest. Oh and there's about 200 new tickets a day so you can technically guess higher.

So it'll be somewhere between 0 and 1347.

• @erk said:
    At this point, most of the tickets probably require some investigation, and with more coming in

My thoughts too. I'm going to guess VirMach clears ~350-400 including the new tickets, and leaves, oh, 963 tickets left.

• edited September 2022

dedipath LA
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | busy | 1.82 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 671 Mbits/sec | 2.23 Mbits/sec
    Hybula | The Netherlands (40G) | busy | 24.1 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom | Tashkent, UZ (10G) | busy | 3.43 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 819 Mbits/sec | 6.87 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Dallas, TX, US (10G) | busy | 2.03 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 872 Mbits/sec | 3.88 Mbits/sec

[root@DC04R10SRV17 ~]# speedtest -s 9916

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: fdcservers.net - Los Angeles, CA (id: 9916)
             ISP: DediPath
    Idle Latency:   208.68 ms   (jitter: 325.44ms, low: 111.37ms, high: 441.01ms)
        Download:     1.68 Mbps (data used: 2.4 MB)
                    379.89 ms   (jitter: 77.76ms, low: 112.14ms, high: 1104.78ms)
          Upload:   666.12 Mbps (data used: 680.0 MB)
                    523.60 ms   (jitter: 82.50ms, low: 112.44ms, high: 1599.61ms)
     Packet Loss: Not available.
      Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/6ea3abbc-ea8e-4b5b-9452-1f5a77b39da9
    [root@DC04R10SRV17 ~]# speedtest -s 19230

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: Hivelocity - Los Angeles, CA (id: 19230)
             ISP: DediPath
    Idle Latency:   212.84 ms   (jitter: 172.12ms, low: 111.97ms, high: 456.06ms)
        Download:     0.51 Mbps (data used: 630.8 kB)
                    403.38 ms   (jitter: 74.82ms, low: 112.37ms, high: 1086.19ms)
          Upload:   490.08 Mbps (data used: 761.0 MB)
                    440.09 ms   (jitter: 76.71ms, low: 111.87ms, high: 1574.37ms)
     Packet Loss: Not available.
      Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/251e3eac-1d5e-44ce-9f54-6d72b133a06a

auughhh

• 423 Merged Tickets

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited September 2022

@taizi said: dedipath LA

Doesn't exist (at least not with us)

• @VirMach your active so you didn't sleep ... meaning all server will burn tomorrow while your passed out!!!!

@erk said:
    At this point, most of the tickets probably require some investigation, and with more coming in

You're the closest right now because I haven't done any in 7 hours. But I just fixed a couple major things in the background with our template syncs and finally got a functional Windows template so I can search "windows" now and quickly do the ... 89... tickets concerning that. Wow, it felt like it'd be at least 300-400.

Anyway I won't waste any time ranting about how terrible of an operating system Windows is...

But I will do a tiny rant about how grateful I am that we're doing the IPv4 swaps. Just got like 100~ abuse reports forwarded in bulk and 95 of them weren't even our blocks. Cogent sure does a ton of quality checks for the $2,000 in abuse fees they just processed.

Thanked by (3)erk tototo FrankZ
  • edited September 2022

am i late?

• @VirMach

I received the email notifications about the upcoming IP address changing (Thank You!). I have 11 'small' VM, and looks like 6 will be affected. I know and I understand, it's not the most important thing "on the list" at the moment, but there is any new information (ETA/plan) about the rDNS settings? (because not mentioned in the notification email). Thank You!

Thanked by (1)Ganonk
  • titus said:

I received the email notifications about the upcoming IP address changing (Thank You!). I have 11 'small' VM, and looks like 6 will be affected. I know and I understand, it's not the most important thing "on the list" at the moment, but there is any new information (ETA/plan) about the rDNS settings? (because not mentioned in the notification email). Thank You!

very glad 🤜🤛

• 1388 Hope I'm the luck guy!

@VirMach said:

Actually let's play a fun game. Whoever guesses the correct number of tickets completed today wins... something cool maybe (probably a free service.) One guess per person I don't want it to turn into a spamfest. Just for fun. We'll go based off whatever WHMCS outputs near midnight PDT for "Tickets." Doesn't count more than one reply per ticket and doesn't count any tickets I close or mark the system to give an auto reply.

Kind of like a weird version of guess the number of beans in a jar.

edited September 2022

For science, can a few people try resetting their passwords on WHMCS? I remember one of the versions had a bug that we patched, then it's possible they did or didn't patch and I'm getting a few reports (of it not working, but I couldn't replicate the issue.)

@titus said:
    @VirMach

We're already falling behind schedule and I'm just trying to focus on making sure everything goes smoothly right now so I won't have any information on rDNS until we finish it and then deal with the influx of tickets. We still are getting tickets about the first IP change, a lot of "why did my IP address change?" Hopefully with a ticket already in the system if an email is missed the information will be in the ticket view so we'll get less of those but I'd imagine we might have a good amount of people we have to help if their OS requires reconfiguration internally.

But rDNS should be fairly straightforward for this new block as we can just implement it with SolusVM directly. Initially we might do that as I don't suspect a lot of abuse since it's old customers then we'll probably have to switch it over to some semi-automated system later or just a system to review the requests on SolusVM.

Thanked by (3)titus FrankZ AlwaysSkint
  • I'm going to say... 900 tickets left in the queue.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2022

@VirMach said: For science, can a few people try resetting their passwords on WHMCS?

I tried the change password feature in WHMCS for VMs in Amsterdam AMSD026, Secaucus NYCB011X and San Jose SJCZ008, they all worked correctly.

EDIT: Is there any particular location that people are reporting this problem from so I can focus there ?

@taizi LAXA009 at QuadraNet

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 763 Mbits/sec   | 213 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 768 Mbits/sec   | 243 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 788 Mbits/sec   | 576 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 880 Mbits/sec   | 570 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 936 Mbits/sec   | 934 Mbits/sec

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

This discussion has been closed.