microLXC Public Test

Comments

• Added HAProxy support.

Thanked by (5)Pwner flips Rahul Ympker admax
  • Added Dronten, NL thanks to RickBakkr (LET)
    Added Traffic counter, no active throttle yet when allocation exhausted.

200GB tiny/micro, storage 5TB

• k082mxk082mx OG
    edited July 2020

@Neoon I'm trying to use the location for storage (Sandefjord, Norway)
    But the site it's giving me an error with "Invalid Location".
    What kind of encryption are you looking for the public key?
    I already try using an ED25519 and also ssh-1 RSA 2048 and they werent accepted

• @k082mx said:
    @Neoon I'm trying to use the location for storage (Sandefjord, Norway)
    But the site it's giving me an error with "Invalid Location".
    What kind of encryption are you looking for the public key?
    I already try using an ED25519 and also ssh-1 RSA 2048 and they werent accepted

Read the requirements first.
    If you select a location and put a openssh format key it works fine.

• Turns out that the converter from putty wasn't working.
    But it appears I dont fulfill the rules I think it's because this user doesn't have that many posts on the forum.
    Can I change the username to the one I have in LET (i'm trying to leave the place)

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited July 2020

If you apply over LET, you have to do it on LET, crossposting wont work.

• 9867-2687-7b0b-eb98

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

37bf-6a9b-bf41-ebe9

So I registered for a 128mb plan, how do I get the login details?

• @Abdullah said:
    So I registered for a 128mb plan, how do I get the login details?

I cannot find your account, neither your request.
    You have to follow the page if you close it and expect that things happen by itself, that's not the case.

@Neoon Okay, I thought that afterwards I should have waited on the page. Will again try now.
    Regards.

• So... what are y'all using your MicroLXC for?

• @foxone said:
    So... what are y'all using your MicroLXC for?

I am using it as a small webserver to host some sites (mostly static sites).

• Yea indeed, if you have any feedback, lemme know.

• @Neoon For now its running a vpn in a few days time, I'm going to move one of my PHP uptime scripts there as I don't have one in Asia. I have to say even though it is in beta the network & responsiveness is amazing with this LXC. I have production machine in JP with Vultr and Linode even they are lagging behind. It could be because of my ISP but I doubt that as I have multiple ones and I have tested the same with one of Virtual Desktop machine. Is JP location hosted wtih starrydns ?

• @simonindia said:
    @Neoon For now its running a vpn in a few days time, I'm going to move one of my PHP uptime scripts there as I don't have one in Asia. I have to say even though it is in beta the network & responsiveness is amazing with this LXC. I have production machine in JP with Vultr and Linode even they are lagging behind. It could be because of my ISP but I doubt that as I have multiple ones and I have tested the same with one of Virtual Desktop machine. Is JP location hosted wtih starrydns ?

Yes.

• good luck for all. Neoon is the best of free offers :love:

Thanked by (1)Neoon
  • NL, NO and LA got restocked + added openSuse and Fedora.
    Already reached 49 running instances, thanks guys!

Thanked by (1)flips
  • I needed to reboot all nodes, since they seem to had problems with the storage pool.
    Which caused problems with reinstall of the container.

I do not know yet, the reason of it, but i seems like to have something to do with the new LXD version, according to other users.

The containers will start automatically on boot, just make sure your application does as well.
    Will keep an eye on it, lemme know if you still face any issues.

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • lentrolentro Hosting Provider

Token: 6eaf-189d-bec8-efe0

Thanks so much!

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited August 2020

How to change the location? Terminate and apply for the new location?

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited August 2020

MS said:
    How to change the location? Terminate and apply for the new location?

First, you need to terminate your current machine, if your quota is exceeded.
    If you have a justification for it, which also requires a backlink to microLXC, you can ask to get your quota increased.
    Then you can just go to https://microlxc.net/index.php?p=deploy if you are logged in, should work fine

Usually there is a button, which gets enabled, to show you you can deploy again, but that's borked, so you need to visit the page manually. However, the verification still takes place even with an existing account, in case you got banned on LES or such.

You can also kill the entire account and register a new one, depends what you like.

Thanked by (2)bdl _MS_
  • _MS__MS_ OG
    edited August 2020

Thanks for the clarification.

No, the quota has not exceeded. I've only used like 4 GB of Bandwidth this month, and 20 in the last. I currently have the instance at NL but now want to create one at the new location, SG. I don't need two instances, and don't want to hog the free resources so I'll just delete my current one, and then create a new one.

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited August 2020

b8c1-cdad-3e01-f29c

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited August 2020

Please, do not edit any posts, if you remove, especially add tokens, the system wont scan them again, you end up stuck.
    I upgraded your request manually.

No, not the bandwidth quota, account quota how many machines you can deploy, which is by default 1.
    People can ask to get it increased, with justification as said above.

Yea, the account creation bug, was due I broke the jumper which supposedly should skip Account Setup if you already have one.
    I fixed this one, so it wont happen again.

If you have a request pending, the system will block any new requests, from your account.
    Depending in which state the request is, it can take from 10 minutes to 60 minutes to get it removed, automatically.

Because, people tend to go AFK, for some reason, afterwards they do complain why is my request expired.
    So the System gives you a bit more time depending on what stage it is in.

• 70f0-6073-06b3-63d7

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited August 2020

@Neoon said:
    Please, do not edit any posts, if you remove, especially add tokens, the system wont scan them again, you end up stuck.
    I upgraded your request manually.

I shouldn't have done that. Thanks for helping. It's working now.

c7b8-3a5a-84c6-6a82

Deployed one thanks @Neoon

• Melbourne is back Online, since it suffered a total data loss on Saturday.
    It took a bit longer as expected due to network issues, which now have been solved.

Anyone who has been affected has been notified.
    Happy deploying.

Thanked by (2)bdl Ganonk