Your BF/CM expectation on deals from providers? Providers can flash some spoilers too

2»

Comments

• So much for waiting for noon tomorrow! :lol:

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@uhu said:

So much for waiting for noon tomorrow! :lol:

I found some time :)

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• NyrNyr OG
    edited November 2019

I'd be willing to swap my KVM at ITLDC, which I grabbed two black fridays ago:

1GB RAM
    10GB SSD
    Unmetered
    13€/year

Pricing is ridiculous for a provider as reliable as them and indeed they haven't repeated this offer.

It's going to be difficult for me to drop it, but I'd prefer something in Benelux instead of BG, so looking at LiteServer mostly, they've had great deals in the past. Don't suggest UltraVPS.eu, they are good but too strict for my needs and their new NL network has a lot of backhaul to DE which is undesirable for me. Maybe Leaseweb will have a surprise, but I find that unlikely.

Edit: and now I understand that this topic wasn't about personal desires, but expected deals in general. lol

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

14 or 15??

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Holy shit. You are alive. I thought seeing you post was just a fever dream.

Thanked by (2)Nyr vimalware

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• I wasn't really expecting anything, but seeing the 3 location deal made me pull the trigger already. Now I'm reloading looking to get whatever next server I don't really need.

It's pronounced hacker.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Hosting ProviderOG

I know most of you were probably hoping for sales on our dedicated root servers, which is why I was purposely trying not to hype it up or anything. I hope you all aren't too disappointed. Our AX160-NVMe and AX160-SSD have no setup fees at the moment. We hadn't had a no-setup sale for our managed products in awhile, which is why we went for that this year. --Katie

Thanked by (3)willie uptime ITLabs

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.

• @Nyr said:
    I'd be willing to swap my KVM at ITLDC, which I grabbed two black fridays ago:

Unmetered
    13€/year

Pricing is ridiculous for a provider as reliable as them and indeed they haven't repeated this offer.

How is the quality of their BG network?
    I abandoned my UA kvm from the same 2017 offer 12mo ago, after seeing yo-yo performance from their unmetered pipe.

I would have been fine with 100mbit stable.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2896410/#Comment_2896410

Sadly , I don't really have anything to trade with that can actually be transfered.

• @vimalware said:

How is the quality of their BG network?
    I abandoned my UA kvm from the same 2017 offer 12mo ago, after seeing yo-yo performance from their unmetered pipe.

I would have been fine with 100mbit stable.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2896410/#Comment_2896410

Sadly , I don't really have anything to trade with that can actually be transfered.

When I said trade I didn't mean literally trade with anyone haha

The BG network is way better than UA, very reasonable throughout, quality transit, lots of peering and very stable. I would say less than 1 hour of downtime during this year, according to my monitoring.

In general you can't judge them by the UA network, which is surely the worse of all their locations. EU locations are hosted in better quality networks and I've tested BG, NL and LV with good results for the price (and network quality is very important for me).

I also migrated away from the UA network thanks to the stupid censorship debacle from the government and network quality, while I've seen worse in UA, nailed it.

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • @jaquer said:
    Now I'm reloading looking to get whatever next server I don't really need.

For example: looking for a good storage deal. 100GB+, <$15/year, North America based. There's one going on at servaRICA ($12/year 500GB, Canada), but no IPv4, and I don't know if I want to route all my Nextcloud traffic thru Cloudflare.

Thanked by (1)uptime

It's pronounced hacker.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited November 2019

Still haven't caught any earth shattering deals yet.

Which also means market prices are gonna go up up up

Thanked by (1)uptime

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• no arubacloud, very sad about that

Had enough of BF so far.

Just waiting for virmach San Jose for fun, and hetzner dedi if any

Thanked by (1)uptime

• cybertech said: Just waiting for virmach San Jose for fun, and hetzner dedi if any

There's been several virmach san jose (look through history on virmach.app) and no there won't be a hetzner dedi special this BF. Alternative to Virmach San Jose there are some nice @freerangecloud BF offers in Fremont CA, which is fairly close to San Jose.

Thanked by (2)cybertech Hetzner_OL

@willie said:

cybertech said: Just waiting for virmach San Jose for fun, and hetzner dedi if any

There's been several virmach san jose (look through history on virmach.app) and no there won't be a hetzner dedi special this BF. Alternative to Virmach San Jose there are some nice @freerangecloud BF offers in Fremont CA, which is fairly close to San Jose.

Yup not too many though. Hetzner can wait then

• @willie and @cybertech - here is a quick bench of the Freerangecloud ssd egg in Fremont - done before enabling aes (and possibly some other flags): https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14980364

Have been seeing consistently about 500 MB/s sequential write speed on the ssd

Will be a couple days before I can get back to it to kick the tires again with more flags enabled but so far so good.

:)

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))