YABS Banner/Logo Competition -- Calling All Graphic Gurus -- Prizes & Street Cred - Submit by 11 Jan

124»

Comments

• @BlaZe said:

@Ympker said:
    I hear ya mate :D
    Affinity Designer Review reads: "..has tons of features and equals even Photoshop in many regards.. "

Me: "But can I remove background with it? " :D

hahaha

I've been editing (basically, removing backgrounds XD) of product photos (my offline business) in PS since long. Its the only thing which I use PS for these days.

If you didn't wanna use PS to remove background or you to lazy to do it.
    you can use Remove.bg ( https://www.remove.bg/ ) its start from $9/month for 40 image

• @DianTama said:

@thedp said: Ok we need to talk about a logo for me then ?

Too bad,
    I'm not that good when making a logo ( or finding a design inspiration ) that's why I'm not a pro graphic designer and choosing to be a web developer

I sense you have more patience and love on art. Good work indeed.

Thanked by (1)DianTama
  • HxxxHxxx OG
    edited January 2021

Just a reminder. Logo designing is not what @DianTama did, which seems to be joining two existing elements and just put one inside another.
    Further explanation would be needed. Did you designed the wheel and the terminal icon before joining them?

At minimum the individual elements would need to be modified enough from their original forms to evade issues.

Otherwise is an easy way to get sued for copyright infringement if it were to be used for the project. Specially if it ever go commercial.
    Just my 2cents. I think this should be considered when picking a winner.

There is more value in a logo designed completely from scratch than a logo that took existing publicly available arts as elements to form a new logo.

PS: No hate, your logo looks good!

Thanked by (1)DianTama
  • @Hxxx said:
    Just a reminder. Logo designing is not what @DianTama did, which seems to be joining two existing elements and just put one inside another.
    Further explanation would be needed. Did you designed the wheel and the terminal icon before joining them?

At minimum the individual elements would need to be modified enough from their original forms to evade issues.

Otherwise is an easy way to get sued for copyright infringement if it were to be used for the project. Specially if it ever go commercial.
    Just my 2cents. I think this should be considered when picking a winner.

There is more value in a logo designed completely from scratch than a logo that took existing publicly available arts as elements to form a new logo.

If that's the case, @ben47955 has a clear path to victory :joy:

https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/52171/#Comment_52171

Thanked by (2)ben47955 DianTama

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• How about this piece of original art? ;)

Thanked by (2)Hxxx Ympker
  • This was obviously a troll. I did that in like 10 seconds. I believe if I win this, it would be a insult to whoever spend spend time to make a logo that look professionals. But hey, that's the community choice.

This discussion has been closed.