[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@soulchief said:
    Sounds like I need lots of popcorn today, and I haven't even gotten over to the OGF yet lol. Going to be fun to see how many of the usual anti-virmach posters come out today/tomorrow about their VPS suddenly not working again.

Yeah I've already thought about that before starting on these and thought the same thing. I'm going to guess something along the lines of all these people saying they got suspended for no reason and we must be going out of business, followed by pretend-concerned JB "Really? Can anyone else confirm this?" except probably even more malicious this time. If that's how they acted when they essentially knew what was going on imagine how they'll act now that they don't.

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said:

@Franzkafka said:
    this is my APPEAL:

SUSPENSION APPEAL FORM

Suspension Reason: Account not in good standing

What were you running on your service?
    I just ran a tiny service which can notify me when there are something update in my telegram.
    Have you reviewed our terms of service and understand what is prohibited?
    Yes,of course. I have read your tos before and I clearly know what is prohibited.
    What steps will you take to prevent further abuse?
    I will check more details after my service getting back.And I will check whether there are something abnormal.And make some changes here.
    Do you know how to monitor your network usage, load, CPU usage, and I/O levels?
    Of course I know,htop/top/iotop these commands will be helpful
    May we access your service and/or reset your service if a problem is found?
    yes,of course.

Can you tell me It's helpful for you to judge whether I violate your tos?I answered all questions.But I think these questions is not you need. And when you checked my ticket,you must ask me provide more infos.this will waste more time.

Ah yes, you were definitely suspended for your Telegram notification bot and definitely not anything else. It's crazy how out of everyone, the most guilty always come here first to complain and scream the loudest. I'm sure you have tons of important data on there associated with sending notifications to Telegram. It's weird how you didn't even mention your data being important to you in the ticket either, you seem to be highly interested in just getting unsuspended.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Would you like me to reply with an equally nonsensical reasoning for why you were suspended, since you made zero effort to actually appeal? Or do you want me to just close the ticket and not generate the suspension fee?

If you bought this account, you've already done enough lying and wasting time. If you claim you're the original and only owner, then it's much much worse. It sucks if you're actually a recent owner because everyone else really did a terrible job of hiding it. I'd say you should go to the seller and let him know how awful he is at doing it so he can maybe consider stopping to put everyone else at risk. I can pretty much guarantee every single person who bought one off him is going to get suspended. Anyone else I don't know, there's others on lists but this guy is one of the worst, an amateur. You should have approached this differently to give yourself a better chance. I don't understand why everyone also by default think they should act as if we're stupid instead of attempting to be honest. Maybe that worked for you when you were a child but all it does is essentially leave us no room to be able to reconsider since we can no longer trust any words that come out of your mouth.

you seem to be highly interested in just getting unsuspended.

No.I am here not for getting my service back.And actually I already decided to give it up.You think you are right, that's OK. I don't want to argue that.And Please delete my Virmach account immediately.Hope you everything well.

🌟:SpartanHost,Cloudcone,Hostodo,WebHorizon
    💩:Virmach,Greencloud,Pacificrack really sucks

• edited October 2022

@Franzkafka said: You think you are right

So it's an international thing, that there's people who don't think the rules apply to them.

@Franzkafka said: Please delete my account immediately.

Mods here should do the same: set an example. I summon @bikegremlin & @Mason - you know you want to. ;)
    Maybe, just maybe the MJJ will get the message not to deal with chicken scalpers, but I doubt it.

MS I get the sentiment and agree but I don't think that it came across quite right. I liked the ToS association. ;)

Thanked by (1)_MS_

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

In other news, we still essentially have one main problem left and that's all these broken operating systems getting booted back up manually or being dormant until they decide to absolutely thrash the server.

I obviously don't want to suspend them unless in some cases where it's absolutely necessary to keep the node from going down, but we can't just keep playing whack-a-mole with them either if the customer keeps deciding to power it on and then angrily shake their fist without re-installing the OS, maybe they have data they need or we just need to make it to their tickets.

I think we're going to set up some node(s) and just move all these people to one node where they can't affect others. The node will pretty much be unusable but at least it'll grab their attention and also make it more manageable in a "staging area" and we can also send out mass emails and basically have these people get funneled into a specific queue to get their service recreated elsewhere and then request their broken image if they have important files. If anyone has a better suggestion let me know. We could also technically keep a copy of their image and then re-install it but I feel like that's the same result with extra steps and grief since we'll get a lot of people then confused on why their original OS disappeared.

@AlwaysSkint said:
    MS I get the sentiment and agree but I don't think that it came across quite right. I liked the ToS association. ;)

Any time they get caught they always want their account fully wiped as well, so they can try to pretend like they can outsmart our system again. Listen, I'm not saying the system is very sophisticated but apparently with this group it doesn't have to be... it gets the job done.

• I'm disappointed... I don't see anyone complaining over at OGF yet. Got all excited when I opened the site up expecting to see the main thread at the top of the list. Oh well, I'm sure the herd will come soon.

Thanked by (3)foitin someTom pikachu
  • @soulchief said:
    I'm disappointed... I don't see anyone complaining over at OGF yet. Got all excited when I opened the site up expecting to see the main thread at the top of the list. Oh well, I'm sure the herd will come soon.

Maybe try the MJJ nest?

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said: In other news..

Aye, not an easy one to tackle. Sounds like a good plan unless others can chime in with anything better. I guess there's a heap of folks that keep their VMs as 'spare'. Must admit I do sometimes have one (max. 2) offline, until I have got around to purposing them, for example.
    To paraphrase; the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

@soulchief said:
    I'm disappointed... I don't see anyone complaining over at OGF yet. Got all excited when I opened the site up expecting to see the main thread at the top of the list. Oh well, I'm sure the herd will come soon.

I still haven't done the other half and all this whining is motivating me to push through a few more batches that weren't planned yet. It's funny because that's how I originally ended up doing this portion first, one of the accounts basically sent a very annoying smoke signal outing themselves and the ticket was so annoying I ended up spending the next hour gathering them all up last week using that one as patient zero.

He had a pretty insane $2/YR deal too, but he had to keep going out of his way to be greedy. God I wish I could find the original copy/paste, it'd all make more sense.

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman
  • edited October 2022

@VirMach said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Any time they get caught they always want their account fully wiped as well, so they can try to pretend like they can outsmart our system again. Listen, I'm not saying the system is very sophisticated but apparently with this group it doesn't have to be... it gets the job done.

Why are you so arrogant? Listen,I don't require you delete my account,just suspend my account forever.And there's no need to reply my ticket. Everything is done here.

@Franzkafka said:

Why you are so arrogant?

Thanked by (1)lesuser

If someone were arrogant, I wonder if they would (A) immediately come here to complain, lie, and refuse to admit fault, or (B) not be @Franzkafka

• @Franzkafka said:

@VirMach said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Why are you so arrogant? Listen,I don't require you delete my account,just suspend my account forever.And there's no need to reply my ticket. Everything is done here.

Well, pretty sure your account is already suspended forever and he probably wasn't planning on replying to your ticket. So correct, everything is already done. Good bye!

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • I WAS going to suffer the rain & cold to fix up a couple of bicycles but this is too "entertaining". :| Hmm... I'll be back!
    :D

• edited October 2022

Good Job =)
    But you're going to get a lot of complaints, and you're going to hurt your business anyway by banning a lot of users' accounts and not refunding them.

• @fullmoon said:
    Good Job =)
    But you're going to get a lot of abuse, and you're going to hurt your business anyway by banning a lot of users' accounts and not refunding them.

Probably would free up time to do more important things though. I can imagine how much time is already spent fixing issues that are caused by the abusers.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @AlwaysSkint said:
    I WAS going to suffer the rain & cold to fix up a couple of bicycles but this is too "entertaining". :| Hmm... I'll be back!
    :D

will you get me some some juice --- bite thirsty.

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said:
    If someone were arrogant, I wonder if they would (A) immediately come here to complain, lie, and refuse to admit fault, or (B) not be @Franzkafka

Yes.What you said also applies to yourself.Bad support, long downtime,terrible techniques.And don't forget migrations lasting up to one year.You should go back to LET to see those complains about your service.

@fullmoon said:
    Good Job =)
    But you're going to get a lot of complaints, and you're going to hurt your business anyway by banning a lot of users' accounts and not refunding them.

Original plan was to refund everyone but the initial list was mostly outside of a potential refund period, and secondly that would just encourage resale since that just means the original owner got his money back and the money of others. It doesn't actually help. We're also talking such small numbers that the cost for actually manually processing these already exceeds any money received. Best case scenario, assuming the original owner is the current owner, then they'll just buy again and repeat the cycle.

I understand how it can be twisted to appear as if we're doing this for monetary gain but not much that can be done about it.

Honestly, in this case, "hurting" our business sounds a lot like making sure this particular group of people who did these things will no longer make purchases, which is exactly what we want anyway. But yes, it also means the people that got into this situation by using scalpers will also not be interested in making another purchase in the future which is a shame. I wish it was possible to do it any other way. We don't mind having these people if I could snap my fingers and undo the actions, except in reality it would mean we have to do a ton of work since we can barely even convince people to be honest to start that conversation.

@Franzkafka said:

@VirMach said:

Yes.What you said also applies to yourself.Bad support, long downtime,terrible techniques.And don't forget migrations lasting up to one year.You should go back to LET to see those complains about your service.

It's so bad that people go out of their way and pay extra to scalpers to have it.

• Life is hard guys! just grab a coffee and enjoy the tasty. Have a nice day!

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said:

@fullmoon said:
    Good Job =)

Original plan was to refund everyone but the initial list was mostly outside of a potential refund period, and secondly that would just encourage resale since that just means the original owner got his money back and the money of others. It doesn't actually help. We're also talking such small numbers that the cost for actually manually processing these already exceeds any money received. Best case scenario, assuming the original owner is the current owner, then they'll just buy again and repeat the cycle.

I understand how it can be twisted to appear as if we're doing this for monetary gain but not much that can be done about it.

Honestly, in this case, "hurting" our business sounds a lot like making sure this particular group of people who did these things will no longer make purchases, which is exactly what we want anyway. But yes, it also means the people that got into this situation by using scalpers will also not be interested in making another purchase in the future which is a shame. I wish it was possible to do it any other way. We don't mind having these people if I could snap my fingers and undo the actions, except in reality it would mean we have to do a ton of work since we can barely even convince people to be honest to start that conversation.

@Franzkafka said:

@VirMach said:

It's so bad that people go out of their way and pay extra to scalpers to have it.

yes. It's right.And only customers hurt here.But Just let it go. Everyone should have a lesson.

• @Franzkafka said:

@VirMach said:

@fullmoon said:
    Good Job =)

@Franzkafka said:

@VirMach said:

yes. It's right.And only customers hurt here.But Just let it go. Everyone should have a lesson.

Yet here you are, not letting it go and you're not taking this as a lesson.

Take your own advice before you start giving advice to others.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint pikachu
    edited October 2022

@Franzkafka said: And only customer hurts here.

What's your proposal? You haven't actually provided any constructive feedback here. Do you think there's a better solution outside of just wanting to continue to allow this behavior to proceed? Okay sure let's say we ignored the problems associated with scalpers. Does that immediately also remove the other host of problems directly related to the same group? When they abuse our hospitality constantly in many ways, try to cheat their way to a profit, and make it more difficult to be able to get the product to the consumer directly? When services randomly exchange hands and end up mostly in the hands of abusers, what do we do then? Spend a lot of time for something not intended to be abused to that level? You do realize maybe in your case this isn't true but there's no way to know how many more times it will be traded and who ends up with it. No risk, abusers can just buy random services and use it in the worst way possible just to generate a tiny fraction of a revenue. There's reasons the policy and process exists.

So perhaps in an ideal world if the only problem was the multiple accounts or account sales, and none of the other related problems existed, maybe we could be less harsh.

If I gave you a warning, how would it help you? What would you have wanted done instead? Imagine the conversations we had today and we barely even got into the actual process of appeal, you genuinely believe that for a $8.88 per year service we should dedicate concierge services for hours per person? Because that's what it would take. The $25 fee isn't there to generate profit, it's very in line with the amount of work required in these cases. So when the product ends up being such a low price it seems like an unfair amount, but there's a different cost to a human being's time versus an automated system.

You can answer that or you can continue to tell me "let it go" when you clearly haven't. At any time you can stop responding if you desire.

(edit) And why is it that in this case you believe only the customer hurts? Do you think I want to spend hours doing this just to suspend maybe a few hundred dollars in services? You believe I enjoy the additional work? You do realize we are actually trying to ensure there's evidence for every case before we just randomly hit suspend and that takes time to compile?

Perhaps there's a disconnect between the value of support and a person's time. You should understand that the average salary for someone doing the amount of work here results in the process immediately costing more than it's worth. Yes, I am doing this work myself but if anyone else on our team, even a brand new intern getting paid the minimum did it, the cost would exceed the entire cost of the service.

• If VIrmach has informed those customers by email, that's appropriate. Otherwise it's unprofessional.
    would rather talking on les than replying ticket? xd

• @VirMach said:

What's your proposal? You haven't actually provided any constructive feedback here. Do you think there's a better solution outside of just wanting to continue to allow this behavior to proceed? Okay sure let's say we ignored the problems associated with scalpers. Does that immediately also remove the other host of problems directly related to the same group? When they abuse our hospitality constantly in many ways, try to cheat their way to a profit, and make it more difficult to be able to get the product to the consumer directly? When services randomly exchange hands and end up mostly in the hands of abusers, what do we do then? Spend a lot of time for something not intended to be abused to that level? You do realize maybe in your case this isn't true but there's no way to know how many more times it will be traded and who ends up with it. No risk, abusers can just buy random services and use it in the worst way possible just to generate a tiny fraction of a revenue. There's reasons the policy and process exists.

So perhaps in an ideal world if the only problem was the multiple accounts or account sales, and none of the other related problems existed, maybe we could be less harsh.

If I gave you a warning, how would it help you? What would you have wanted done instead? Imagine the conversations we had today and we barely even got into the actual process of appeal, you genuinely believe that for a $8.88 per year service we should dedicate concierge services for hours per person? Because that's what it would take. The $25 fee isn't there to generate profit, it's very in line with the amount of work required in these cases. So when the product ends up being such a low price it seems like an unfair amount, but there's a different cost to a human being's time versus an automated system.

You can answer that or you can continue to tell me "let it go" when you clearly haven't. At any time you can stop responding if you desire.

(edit) And why is it that in this case you believe only the customer hurts? Do you think I want to spend hours doing this just to suspend maybe a few hundred dollars in services? You believe I enjoy the additional work? You do realize we are actually trying to ensure there's evidence for every case before we just randomly hit suspend and that takes time to compile?

You know that only the customer is injured. Do you still want to do this? I am the injured customer. The trafficker taught me a lesson with you. Do you want to hear some advice? Let me talk about my thoughts. That is to disable the services of those accounts you think are suspicious, and then impose some penalties. And they are prohibited from continuing to modify anything that can be sold, such as modifying mailboxes. It's really painful to suspend the service directly. I paid more, but I was sanctioned by you.

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said:

Perhaps there's a disconnect between the value of support and a person's time. You should understand that the average salary for someone doing the amount of work here results in the process immediately costing more than it's worth. Yes, I am doing this work myself but if anyone else on our team, even a brand new intern getting paid the minimum did it, the cost would exceed the entire cost of the service.

What's your proposal? You haven't actually provided any constructive feedback here

Are you serious?

1. That's OK. Whatever the final result is,I still have to say:What you did is not good.You can set a deadline, require people provide more details to prove that they didn't violate your TOS.And then take actions.But you didn't, while suspended customer's service directly. It's a shame
    2. One more thing,plz modified your SUSPENSION APPEAL FORM template. Current template you just require customers answer questions While most questions have nothing to do with this cleanup.If you need customers provide more personal infos to prove he didn't violate TOS, please give your requirement clear. While not publish your announcement about this cleanup in Lowendscript forum. Again,you didn't notify your customers about this cleanup and why.

I think I already gave my feedback here.But you ignored what I said above.Not a big deal here.I won't reply again.

@0xff said:
    If VIrmach has informed those customers by email, that's appropriate. Otherwise it's unprofessional.

Emails are sent on suspension. Anything I discuss here is not necessary, it can be ignored. I'm just enforcing the same policies we always have and doing it in the exact same way. I'm not making up anything new.

• @VirMach said:

@0xff said:
    If VIrmach has informed those customers by email, that's appropriate. Otherwise it's unprofessional.

Emails are sent on suspension. Anything I discuss here is not necessary, it can be ignored. I'm just enforcing the same policies we always have and doing it in the exact same way. I'm not making up anything new.

Thank you for posting these
    got my popcorn eaten up :p

This discussion has been closed.