[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• Been locked since yesterday.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@julensm said: Been locked since yesterday.

In the past that meant the server was under migration. What node is this in regards to ?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@julensm said: Been locked since yesterday.

In the past that meant the server was under migration. What node is this in regards to ?

Unfortunately i didn't note the node name. I know I should. Made a note to other alive nodes now.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited December 2022

@VirMach

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3392297#Comment_3392297

STORAGE-1T (930GB Usable)
    3GB RAM
    2 vCore CPU
    10TB @ 10Gbps
    1 IPv4

May I ask a question? sir, my friend ordered this plan at Tokyo before, seems should have 3GB RAM, but when recently created at LA, only have 2GB RAM? thank you.

• is @Flying_Chinaman the new nagger?
    would love to recruit you to the nutcracker club if you are interested.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @VirMach said:

I remember your name as well, my guess is you'd be the type of person to have your password as Dog123456

Just a vague guess. And the 6TB probably can get used up as quickly as like half a day on outbound attack/botnet. Especially if you got it early on a bandwidth reset, your VM is most likely hacked.

I don't understand what password do you mean?? after reinstalling I never changed my SSH or VNC passwords, and VNC on all my 3VPS was OFF. there was no chance for me to enter the vps, only December 1st was seen online in the members area, then checked the next day it had changed to suspended, no email notification warning of bandwidth usage approaching 100% or other notifications. I only know that the VPS has been suspended again after opening the member area.

• @ehab said:
    is @Flying_Chinaman the new nagger?

Yes, they want to buy my sweaty shirt and then say it's too expensive.

What's the nutcracker club?

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:

• @vgood said:

@VirMach said:

I remember your name as well, my guess is you'd be the type of person to have your password as Dog123456

Just a vague guess. And the 6TB probably can get used up as quickly as like half a day on outbound attack/botnet. Especially if you got it early on a bandwidth reset, your VM is most likely hacked.

I don't understand what password do you mean?? after reinstalling I never changed my SSH or VNC passwords, and VNC on all my 3VPS was OFF. there was no chance for me to enter the vps, only December 1st was seen online in the members area, then checked the next day it had changed to suspended, no email notification warning of bandwidth usage approaching 100% or other notifications. I only know that the VPS has been suspended again after opening the member area.

Has your VPS been hacked due to your weak password? For example, how about checking the strength of your password on such a site?
    https://password.kaspersky.com/

• edited December 2022

@yoursunny said: Yes, they want to buy my sweaty shirt and then say it's too expensive.

Yo, it is shameless slander!

@ehab said: is @Flying_Chinaman the new nagger?

Nan, I am a decent captain of the Flying Chinaman. Just launched a 356-day advocate campaign to bring back the customization.

@ehab said: the nutcracker club

Knew the club, also the nutcracker, yet wtf is the nutcracker club?

Are we suppose to wear pantyhose & posh jeweled belt and post somewhat ballet video?

Thanked by (1)deafness

smartass shitposting satirist

• edited December 2022

Bring Back the Customization

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

• @tototo said:

Has your VPS been hacked due to your weak password? For example, how about checking the strength of your password on such a site?

it's a non-public vps/passive vps/IP nota acces public, cannot ping, not for production and not used continuously, the same as my other 2VPS only used when I need to, and I said I can't check anything because I can't access anything, how can I check it, I can't even access it . even though if they think my vps has a problem, all they have to do is reset or reinstall it, or give them a schedule for what time and when they will give me access (for example, given 1 hour on the day... date..., I will reinstall the vps).

• @hotsnow said:

May I ask a question? sir, my friend ordered this plan at Tokyo before, seems should have 3GB RAM, but when recently created at LA, only have 2GB RAM? thank you.

I have experienced when moving from Germany to LA. the difference is not just the specs, but the bandwidth is also written as 1GB in the member area. after you send the ticket you have to be patient or make a priority ticket and spend $ to make it faster.

Thanked by (1)hotsnow
  • @vgood said:

@tototo said:

it's a non-public vps/passive vps/IP nota acces public, cannot ping, not for production and not used continuously, the same as my other 2VPS only used when I need to, and I said I can't check anything because I can't access anything, how can I check it, I can't even access it . even though if they think my vps has a problem, all they have to do is reset or reinstall it, or give them a schedule for what time and when they will give me access (for example, given 1 hour on the day... date..., I will reinstall the vps).

Um...did you forget your VPS password...? If you remember, you can test your password with a password checker using your computer or phone on a web browser.
    Many people including me suspect that your VPS has been hacked by your weak password. Even if VirMach reset your VPS, it will be hacked again if you change your root password to a weak one.
    So first you should explain that your password is not weak.

Also, VPS is an unmanaged service. Especially at the low end, it is difficult for a provider to provide a perfect response for all users. You usually have to open one ticket and wait your turn behind a long line of people.
    Of cource, you can open a priority ticket. Usually there is a charge for it, but they do not charge if it is not a user-side issue.

My thoughts: what you can do.

• Close all tickets.
    • Open only one priority ticket with a clear title.
    • Explain that you are not using a weak password.
    • Agree that all data will be erased.
    • Wait for a provider to respond.

Please note that this is a suggestion by a VirMach user and not an official response.

• @yoursunny said:

Welcome to the club!

Thanked by (2)ehab yoursunny
  • @tototo said:

• Close all tickets.

Please note that this is a suggestion by a VirMach user and not an official response.

okay I'll think about it longer to make a new ticket and close my 1 old ticket 11-14-2022 no response until now, but I think I'll let this VPS go away because the active period is coming soon and there is no desire to extend it, and will only use another 2VPS which is still running a bit normally until now. thanks for the suggestion, making a new ticket according to my experience since they moved to Ryzen takes a very long time to respond... apart from being patient, I also have to be sincere.

• edited December 2022

day #1 survived
    action:binance bot:on rclone+juicefs:off
    rclone enjoyer vs. abuse-detector now on air!

• @vgood said:

@tototo said:

• Close all tickets.

okay I'll think about it longer to make a new ticket and close my 1 old ticket 11-14-2022 no response until now, but I think I'll let this VPS go away because the active period is coming soon and there is no desire to extend it, and will only use another 2VPS which is still running a bit normally until now. thanks for the suggestion, making a new ticket according to my experience since they moved to Ryzen takes a very long time to respond... apart from being patient, I also have to be sincere.

Are the passwords you are using for the other two VPS strong passwords?

• @tototo said:

@vgood said:

@tototo said:

• Close all tickets.

Ok only going to say this one last time. Should disable the password and use keys. This is getting a bit stupid.

Thanked by (2)tototo theloafingone

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said:

Ok only going to say this one last time. Should disable the password and use keys. This is getting a bit stupid.

Yes, you are definitely right. However, I suspected he was always using a weak password so asked such a (stupid) question...

• @tototo said:

@AuroraZero said:

Yes, you are definitely right. However, I suspected he was always using a weak password so asked such a (stupid) question...

I am not angry at anyone but that cyber security 101 stuff. I don't have any clue why people use the password anymore. Some providers allow keys right in the panel and disable pass auth right off anymore. All of them should do it and if you enable it you are on your own. Stops this kind of thing in its tracks.

Thanked by (3)yoursunny bakageta tototo

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @tototo said:

@AuroraZero said:

I must say that I look forward to watching @AuroraZero attempt to explain keys to him. ;-)

Thanked by (1)tototo
  • @skorous said:

@tototo said:

@AuroraZero said:

I must say that I look forward to watching @AuroraZero attempt to explain keys to him. ;-)

I will explain it once and only once. They are not that hard and make life so much easier, imo.

Thanked by (2)tototo skorous

• Like a password you already have it saved in password.txt, but with different extension and much faster - no need to copy-paste!

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @AuroraZero said:

@skorous said:

@tototo said:

@AuroraZero said:

I will explain it once and only once. They are not that hard and make life so much easier, imo.

I have passwords disabled on everything except my Oh-shit-I-need-access-and-don't-have-my-key-node which has OTP enabled on it instead. I'm in complete agreement. I'm just looking forward to a sasquatch trying to explain the concept to this guy. https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/89542/#Comment_89542

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @skorous said:

@AuroraZero said:

@skorous said:

@tototo said:

@AuroraZero said:

I have passwords disabled on everything except my Oh-shit-I-need-access-and-don't-have-my-key-node which has OTP enabled on it instead. I'm in complete agreement. I'm just looking forward to a sasquatch trying to explain the concept to this guy. https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/89542/#Comment_89542

Might be just the Sasquatch to do it. I try to give people a chance but Iif they refuse to listen, or just don't give a shit I tend to be very direct and their face about things. I understand being upset about something but if you refuse to try to fix it that is a different story entirely.

• @tototo said:

I have explained, all of my VPS are only used when there is a need (not for non-stop production after Virmcah moved to Ryzen because successive problems often occur on their part). so what is meant by the VPS password is not the right one to ask, because my access only uses SSH with the password generated when reinstalling the OS on solusvm.

Today I was curious and opened the member area, after I closed my old ticket, it turns out that now there is a bandwidth increase menu, there is an option to pay $ 3 for 250MB, $ 5 for 500MB and so on. I tried to make a payment and finally I was able to enter the solusVM menu and then I reinstalled the OS.

I will see in the future, I will leave this VPS and I will not do anything with this VPS. will it be suspended again? worth monitoring

• edited December 2022

@JDMcPea said:

@yoursunny said:

Welcome to the club!

My eggs feel squeezed...

• @vgood said: I have explained, all of my VPS are only used when there is a need (not for non-stop production after Virmcah moved to Ryzen because successive problems often occur on their part). so what is meant by the VPS password is not the right one to ask, because my access only uses SSH with the password generated when reinstalling the OS on solusvm.

You've stated that more than once but tou haven't explained anything. Do you turn them off except for the few moments when you're using them? If not, what external services ARE running on them all the time - production, test, whatever?

This discussion has been closed.