NexusBytes : New Year - New Location : Pre-order special+Q1 Bonanza+Switcher & Bencher Special

Comments

• vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2020

@RDX said:
    I just tested my new LA server after, I hope, the heavy provisioning and bench scripting are done on my node.

The BM numbers are quite explosive.

Potassium in water? @dahartigan

Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • @RDX said:
    I just tested my new LA server after, I hope, the heavy provisioning and bench scripting are done on my node. I have to say that I am really impressed by the results. Thank you!

I have just released 33 days worth of benchmarking data for Nexus Bytes' Germany server. You can be sure that the performance will stay the same for a long time.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @RDX said:
    I just tested my new LA server after, I hope, the heavy provisioning and bench scripting are done on my node. I have to say that I am really impressed by the results. Thank you!

Region: Global https://bench.monster v.1.5.0 2020-01-11

Usage : curl -LsO bench.monster/speedtest.sh; bash speedtest.sh -Global

Virt/Kernel : KVM / 4.15.0-74-generic
    CPU Model : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU Cores : 2 @ 3792.874 MHz x86_64 512 KB Cache
    CPU Flags : AES-NI Enabled & VM-x/AMD-V Enabled
    Load Average : 0.09, 0.04, 0.00
    Total Space : 60G (2.3G ~5% used)
    Total RAM : 1992 MB (99 MB + 951 MB Buff in use)
    Total SWAP : 0 MB (0 MB in use)

Uptime : 6 days 11:5

ASN & ISP : ,
    Organization :

Region : New Hampshire

## Geekbench v4 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 5493 (EXCELLENT)
    Multi Core : 9647

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
    bzip2 : 140 MB/s
    sha256 : 299 MB/s
    md5sum : 580 MB/s

RAM Speed:
    Avg. write : 3242.7 MB/s
    Avg. read : 8567.5 MB/s

Disk Speed:
    1st run : 823 MB/s
    2nd run : 780 MB/s
    3rd run : 803 MB/s

Average : 802.0 MB/s

## Global Speedtest

Location Upload Download Ping

Speedtest.net 15.29 Mbit/s 51.89 Mbit/s * 298.999 ms
    USA, New York (AT&T) 178.03 Mbit/s 338.28 Mbit/s 62.003 ms
    USA, Chicago (Windstream) 335.69 Mbit/s 960.65 Mbit/s 41.763 ms
    USA, Dallas (Frontier) 474.41 Mbit/s 1148.23 Mbit/s 35.407 ms
    USA, Miami (Frontier) 309.72 Mbit/s 753.40 Mbit/s 59.939 ms
    USA, Los Angeles (Spectrum) 1565.53 Mbit/s 2020.42 Mbit/s 2.738 ms
    UK, London (Community Fibre) 38.44 Mbit/s 363.24 Mbit/s 137.524 ms
    France, Lyon (SFR) 60.36 Mbit/s 330.71 Mbit/s 146.629 ms
    Germany, Berlin (DNS:NET) 119.16 Mbit/s 295.61 Mbit/s 158.760 ms
    Spain, Madrid (MasMovil) 116.72 Mbit/s 235.99 Mbit/s 156.942 ms
    Italy, Rome (Unidata) 25.60 Mbit/s 210.96 Mbit/s 162.569 ms
    Russia, Moscow (MTS) 12.03 Mbit/s 54.31 Mbit/s 219.140 ms
    Israel, Haifa (013Netvision) 81.90 Mbit/s 173.15 Mbit/s 194.197 ms
    India, New Delhi (GIGATEL) 24.54 Mbit/s 61.15 Mbit/s 270.912 ms
    Singapore (FirstMedia) 3.56 Mbit/s 21.28 Mbit/s 178.157 ms
    Japan, Tsukuba (SoftEther) 170.97 Mbit/s 423.08 Mbit/s 116.460 ms
    Australia, Sydney (Yes Optus) 95.98 Mbit/s 106.93 Mbit/s 156.162 ms
    RSA, Randburg (Cool Ideas) 19.73 Mbit/s 48.50 Mbit/s 304.922 ms

Brazil, Sao Paulo (Criare) 85.89 Mbit/s 112.51 Mbit/s 174.254 ms

Finished in : 9 min 34 sec
    Timestamp : 2020-01-15 14:48:28 GMT
    Saved in : /home/rdx/speedtest.log

Share results:
    - http://www.speedtest.net/result/8947961366.png
    - https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15138462
    - https://clbin.com/OclEE

Thank you for the explosive benchmark sir. I hope you are also putting your vm to good use?

@poisson said:

@RDX said:

I have just released 33 days worth of benchmarking data for Nexus Bytes' Germany server. You can be sure that the performance will stay the same for a long time.

Thank you for the kind words brother <3. I am just happy to know that you got what you paid for and satisfied with us. Appreciate your kind support.

• @vyas said:

@RDX said:
    I just tested my new LA server after, I hope, the heavy provisioning and bench scripting are done on my node.

The BM numbers are quite explosive.

Potassium in water? @dahartigan

Exothermic

Thanked by (1)seriesn

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

This shits crazy! Time to put it to good use

Thanked by (1)uptime

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• I know multiple people have mentioned this, but I just wanted to add myself on to the list of people that are incredibly impressed with the service provided by @seriesn. He takes any issues seriously, and will do whatever it takes to ensure smooth service. This really feels like a dedicated server at VPS pricing.

If you don't have one of these bad boys please pick one up before the sale ends. It'll be worth it.

It don’t be like it is until it do.

• @ouvoun said:
    I know multiple people have mentioned this, but I just wanted to add myself on to the list of people that are incredibly impressed with the service provided by @seriesn. He takes any issues seriously, and will do whatever it takes to ensure smooth service. This really feels like a dedicated server at VPS pricing.

If you don't have one of these bad boys please pick one up before the sale ends. It'll be worth it.

The time is ticking. You don't want to regret this one.

Thanked by (1)seriesn

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• AGAIN: my 1GB NexusBytes box performs better than my Linode 1GB box. But Linode box is more expensive than it. (5$/month compare to < 2$/month)

Thanked by (3)cybertech seriesn poisson
  • seriesnseriesn OG
    edited January 2020

@ouvoun said: I know multiple people have mentioned this, but I just wanted to add myself on to the list of people that are incredibly impressed with the service provided by @seriesn. He takes any issues seriously, and will do whatever it takes to ensure smooth service. This really feels like a dedicated server at VPS pricing.

@sonic said: AGAIN: my 1GB NexusBytes box performs better than my Linode 1GB box. But Linode box is more expensive than it. (5$/month compare to < 2$/month)

Thank you so much for the kind words Family <3. Thank you for giving us and me the opportunity to be your hosting partner :)

We try our best to keep things underutilized and a true believer of "There is no such thing as enough monitoring" :). Still working on a couple of network quarks but hopefully, things will be getting better as we move forward :)

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

@poisson said: 33 days worth of benchmarking data

What tool are you using for that? Daily cron or something?

• poissonpoisson OG
    edited January 2020

@havoc said:

@poisson said: 33 days worth of benchmarking data

What tool are you using for that? Daily cron or something?

No. Manual running of script. How do you code a randomized cron?

@poisson said: No. Manual running of script. How do you code a randomized cron?

Jikes.

sudo crontab -e

and then add

0 1 * * * speedtest-cli > speedtest$(date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S)

That should run a speedtest every day at 1AM and dump the result in a file with the current date. I think...haven't tried it. Don't think cron can do a random time though if that's what your asking. Best bet is stick it in a script and add a randomized sleep if you really want that

• @havoc said:

@poisson said: No. Manual running of script. How do you code a randomized cron?

Jikes.

sudo crontab -e

and then add

0 1 * * * speedtest-cli > speedtest$(date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S)

That should run a speedtest every day at 1AM and dump the result in a file with the current date. I think...haven't tried it. Don't think cron can do a random time though if that's what your asking. Best bet is stick it in a script and add a randomized sleep if you really want that

There's probably a nice one-liner that would work in cron, someone well versed in bash-fu would know right away probably..

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited January 2020

@poisson - bash has a built-in $RANDOM variable which yields an integer between 0 and 32767 inclusive

echo $RANDOM

so could use with sleep to easily introduce random delay up to about 9.1 hours (32767 seconds) with 1 second granularity

for example, in bash, this should run speedtest-cli after a random delay up to 1 hour:

sleep $((RANDOM % 3600)) && speedtest-cli > speedtest$(date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S)

But I'm not sure how this one-liner would fare inside crontab - assume nothing, test everything :scream:

Finagling some over-engineered script to do the needful (quite possibly introducing more bugs than I am trying to prevent) ...

cat random_delay

#!/usr/bin/env bash

# random_delay: execute $command after random delay up to 32767 seconds 
    # example: random_delay 60 echo "alrighty then"

seconds="$1"
    command="${@:2}"
    max_rand=32767
    error=""

case "$seconds" in
      ''|*[!0-9]*) error="must be a positive integer" ;;
    esac

if [[ -z "$error"]]; then
      if [[ seconds -lt 1 ]]; then
        error="must be greater than 0"
      elif [[ seconds -gt max_rand ]]; then
        error="must not be greater than $max_rand"
      fi
    fi

if [[ -n "$error" ]]; then
      echo "$0 first argument \"$1\"" $error
      exit 1
    fi

sleep $((RANDOM % seconds)) 
    $command

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited January 2020

Yes please experiment. This is how we will have 10 geek bench instance running out of no where at 3 am and I will die with an heart attack. Rip ?

• flipsflips OG
    edited January 2020

@seriesn said:
    (...) and I will die (...)

Please don't die! <3 =)

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • uptimeuptime OG
    edited January 2020

Lulz ...

indeed, and ... when in doubt, simplify.

for @poisson we might assume default delay up to 24 hours with granularity of 1 minute

cat random_delay_daily

#!/usr/bin/env bash
    command="$@"
    minutes=$((RANDOM % 1440))
    sleep ${minutes}m && $command

or as a one-liner:

sleep $((RANDOM % 1440))m && speedtest-cli > speedtest$(date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S)

best to first test in crontab with something like:

0 1 * * * /path/to/random_delay_daily date >> /tmp/random_datelog

Note this depends on functionality of sleep provided by gnu coreutils, which has an "m" option for minutes

sleep --version

sleep (GNU coreutils) 8.28

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

Just let me know what command to put and where :tongue:

Thanked by (1)uptime

• Lol my benching script takes up to ten minutes to complete.. imagine if I fuck it up with a bash script that runs it several times an hour (it trashes the CPU and disk in the process).

Thanks for the leads, though. I am going to experiment a bit.

Thanked by (2)uptime seriesn

• vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2020

@seriesn said:
    Yes please experiment. This is how we will have 10 geek bench instance running out of no where at 3 am and I will die with an heart attack. Rip ?

Is that all it takes? How about 3 AM your time AND my time?

• @vyas said:

@seriesn said:

Do I not respond to you at all the random weirdest time?

We need boss alive to make servers that don't go boom on 20x benchs

Thanked by (1)seriesn

• maybe I am the only one who does not do benchmarks on this new server B)

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • @seriesn said:

@vyas said:

@seriesn said:

Do I not respond to you at all the random weirdest time?

Oh dear, he plays that card again. Ya alright, you win...no 3 AM BMs from me.

Thanked by (2)seriesn dahartigan

Maybe seriesn is a global collective with a hive mind

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • @havoc said:

I'm starting to think that @seriesn is a highly sophisticated AI sent back in time from the future where hosting sucks bigtime in order to keep the hosting-potassium continuum from imploding with awesome service and high quality wares.

"Prove me wrong"

Thanked by (1)seriesn

@dahartigan said:

@havoc said:

I'm starting to think that @seriesn is a highly sophisticated AI sent back in time from the future where hosting sucks bigtime in order to keep the hosting-potassium continuum from imploding with awesome service and high quality wares.

"Prove me wrong"

sounds legit but sadly he isnt alien because alien invented IPv6

• @cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@havoc said:

"Prove me wrong"

He ain't alien, technically speaking, since he was created here on Earth, just in the future..

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@havoc said:

"Prove me wrong"

He ain't alien, technically speaking, since he was created here on Earth, just in the future..

Thanked by (1)dahartigan