★ Internxt Drive ★ 50% Lifetime recurring discount - From €5.34 yearly - Secure Cloud Storage

2»

Comments

• InternxtInternxt Services Provider

@100_Percent_Beef said:

@Internxt said: It is not possible to use such services as of yet because of the limitation of end-to-end encryption we offer with our services. It is the reason webDAV is still not implemented as we are looking for a way to implement it without breaking E2E encryption we use. As said, with every new technology there are new challenges and we are working on them.

Have you consider running a bridge client locally, being able to point webdav to localhost:randomport and the client "speaks" webdav and does e2e encrypt/decrypt transparently?

Thanks for the suggestion, could share with developer. Though I am sure they may have already brainstormed on it.

Internxt.com - Zero Knowledge End to End Encryption - Privacy Focused Cloud Storage
    Internxt Send - Encrypt and send files in total privacy

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited July 2022

Gave the free service a test.

Interface is clean and intuitive.

Made some speed tests (using a 400/80 Mbps Internet connection),

2.2 GB single ZIP file upload:
    Hetzner storage Box - just under 4 minutes
    Internxt Drive - just over 10 minutes

2.2 GB single ZIP file download:
    Hetzner storage Box - just under 12 minutes
    Internxt Drive - just under 3 minutes

This is great - for when you really need your files, they get downloaded quickly!
    Upload probably takes more time because of the encryption.
    I'm not sure how long it would take to upload larger files, but I very rarely use a single file over a few GB.

I'm seriously considering going for the 2TB option - with the 50% discount it looks like a fair price for the quality.

If it allowed automated cPanel backup uploads, it would be a no-brainer.
    Nonetheless, it's still a nice option for storing all my pigeon pics and YouTube videos.

Not storing all eggs in one basket and all. :)
    Plus, I'd be supporting the new project - I guess (unless I fill it to the brim right away - which isn't likely). :)

Thanked by (2)Ympker ElonBezos

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@bikegremlin said:

This is great - for when you really need your files, they get downloaded quickly!
    I'm not sure how long it would take to upload larger files, but I very rarely use a single file over a few GB.

I'm seriously considering going for the 2TB option - with the 50% discount it looks like a fair price for the quality.

Nonetheless, it's still a nice option for storing all my pigeon pics and YouTube videos.

Plus, I'd be supporting the new project - I guess (unless I fill it to the brim right away - which isn't likely). :)

They might be adding a WordPress Backup Plugin (albeit that's not cPanel ofc).
    You could, however, automatically download cPanel Backups to your local computer and then use smth like Aomei Backupper to sync the folder you download it to, to the mapped Internext Drive folder? That way it gets upload to Internext using your local computer to accomplish that. Not sure if this works, but could work :) E.g. I can also sync files from local folder to mapped pCloud folder.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

@Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

You could, however, automatically download cPanel Backups to your local computer and then use smth like Aomei Backupper to sync the folder you download it to, to the mapped Internext Drive folder? That way it gets upload to Internext using your local computer to accomplish that. Not sure if this works, but could work :) E.g. I can also sync files from local folder to mapped pCloud folder.

Great ideas.
    And yes - hoping for the best (and preparing for the worst :) ).
    WordPress backup and all (fingers crossed).

Now, @Internxt - would you consider selling a lifetime? Just one. For @Ympker only.
    You know he loves those. :)

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

edited July 2022

@bikegremlin said:

@Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

Great ideas.

Now, @Internxt - would you consider selling a lifetime? Just one. For @Ympker only.

I already have Internxt Lifetime, mate :) Thanks for thinking of me, though. I brought the deal to LE afterall ;)

@Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

@Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

Great ideas.

I already have Internxt Lifetime, mate :) Thanks for thinking of me, though. I brought the deal to LE afterall ;)

Stay cool. :)

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@bikegremlin said:

If there's a lifetime deal, there's a Ympker ;)

@Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

...cats, they only have nine. :)

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@bikegremlin said:

@Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:

...cats, they only have nine. :)

Or do they? :P

• BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG

I have signed up for the free account to test the water.

One simple issue (or not a feature?) I found on the desktop app.

If we create a folder in the web version - it does not gets synced in the desktop folder.
    So if I move a file in my desktop folder - it appeared in the topmost/root folder in the web version. I manually moved it to the new folder created.
    Checked my desktop folder and now the new folder with the file inside appeared.

So what I'm saying is, if I create a folder in the web version, it should automatically appear in the desktop folder too.

Dunno if this is a bug or a feature/fix to be implemented.

One more thing which irked me was, I usually do not install software in my C Drive so when I went to install the desktop app it never gave me any option to install it in any other drive or choose the path. Is the path hardcoded in the desktop app?

Thanked by (1)Ympker

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

Cannot edit my previous comment.

Found one more thing.

If you create a folder inside your synced desktop folder, it won't create on the web version unless you put a file in it.

edited July 2022

Found an error with Internxt Send.

I ZIPed a file from one of my laptops to be sent & downloaded for my office desktop.

I used the same ID as sender & receiver (that email ID has the internxt account on it too - if it helps to debug)
    Its just a 37.x MB ZIP file but when I click on download its throwing an error.

Before:

After:

Any idea why?

• edited July 2022

You can vouch me one Lifetime deal though :+1:

• @deepak_leb said:

You mean you have a lifetime deal and you’re happy?

• @BlaZe said:

Found an error with Internxt Send.

I ZIPed a file from one of my laptops to be sent & downloaded for my office desktop.

I used the same ID as sender & receiver (that email ID has the internxt account on it too - if it helps to debug)
    Its just a 37.x MB ZIP file but when I click on download its throwing an error.

Before:

After:

Any idea why?

yup that happened to me also yesterday, was the on the fly encrypt decrypt process broken things up?

• @Nekki said:

@deepak_leb said:

I dont have one and would like to have one

• @deepak_leb said:

@Nekki said:

@deepak_leb said:

You missed the boat on those, chief.

Thanked by (1)deepak_leb
  • @Nekki said:

@deepak_leb said:

@Nekki said:

@deepak_leb said:

Late to the party !!!

Thanked by (1)deepak_leb
  • @vyas said:

@Nekki said:

@deepak_leb said:

@Nekki said:

@deepak_leb said:

Late to the party !!!

But not fashionably late. More like ‘the cleaners are here, and we think someone shat in the corner’ late.

Thanked by (2)vyas deepak_leb