Koofr Lifetime Deal from 24$ for 100GB, 48$ for 250GB and 112$ for 1TB [coupon expired]

Comments

• @Nekki still not sold on this deal?

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• @codelock said:
    @Nekki still not sold on this deal?

It’s a question of a) how much do I want to spend and b) am I actually going to use it.

I already have:

• 1TB with Tresorit for the really important stuff that needs to be kept safe (250GB in use)
    • 1TB with OneDrive as part of a family plan (110GB in use)
    • 1TB with Internxt on a lifetime plan (unused)
    • 150GB with Filen on a lifetime plan (15GB in use)
    • 54GB with Box on a free plan (unused)

In that context, and given that Koofr can’t replace Tresorit or OneDrive, I’m not sure what I’d use it for, so spending £40/£80 on something i’ll possibly never use is not appealing. I may do the 100GB plan just because I like buying stuff, but I that’s such a relatively small amount of space I’ll probably never use it.

Thanked by (1)root
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@Nekki said:

@codelock said:

It’s a question of a) how much do I want to spend and b) am I actually going to use it.

I already have:

• 1TB with Tresorit for the really important stuff that needs to be kept safe (250GB in use)

In that context, and given that Koofr can’t replace Tresorit or OneDrive, I’m not sure what I’d use it for, so spending £40/£80 on something i’ll possibly never use is not appealing. I may do the 100GB plan just because I like buying stuff, but I that’s such a relatively small amount of space I’ll probably never use it.

Damn, you got even more than I do, mate.

I got:

• Koofr 1TB lifetime (500GB in use)
    • pCloud 500GB lifetime (about 78GB in use)
    • Internxt 2TB lifetime (about 28GB in use)
    • Degoo 100GB (about 20GB in use)

and GDrive (free).

• @Ympker how is Degoo speed?

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited November 2022

@ehab said:
    @Ympker how is Degoo speed?

Only use it for android phone to sync images/media from WA chats. I cba to have WA media mixed with my camera photos on my primary photo storage (Amazon Photos) hence I sync those to Degoo. Since the phone (/app) just does its' syncing I didn't notice anything speed wise. I'm using the free plan (100GB, which is plenty). It just works, I guess.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • NekkiNekki OG
    edited November 2022

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@codelock said:

I already have:

I got:

and GDrive (free).

Sounds like you and I have a similar issue with buying things we don’t really need.

One thing that does appeal about Koofr as I think about this (when compared to the other services I have) is rClone compatibility. Being able to to have a large ‘portable’ chunk of storage that you can mount on whatever decide you choose is appealing on a number of fronts.

I know you can do it with OneDrive too, but I’m very careful what I actually use OneDrive for - I wouldn’t even keep it if it wasn’t for the fact that half my family use it as their only cloud storage and I’d rather they had something instead of nothing.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@Nekki said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@codelock said:

I already have:

I got:

and GDrive (free).

Sounds like you and I have a similar issue with buying things we don’t really need.

One thing that does appeal about Koofr as I think about this (when compared to the other services I have) is rClone compatibility. Being able to to have a large ‘portable’ chunk of storage that you can mount on whatever decide you choose is appealing on a number of fronts.

I know you can do it with OneDrive too, but I’m very careful what I actually use OneDrive for - I wouldn’t even keep it if it wasn’t for the fact that half my family use it as their only cloud storage and I’d rather they had something instead of nothing.

Indeed, lifetime hoarder here.. I have yet to try rclone (never used it before). I assume it would bring some advantages as many ppl like it though. As for One Drive, yeah MS forcing auto-save in Word to OneDrive now is yet another reason to hate it.

• edited November 2022

I was successfully thinking and delaying too long :) Code "HOLIDAY20" expired.
    BF then... :)

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@Mumbly said:
    I was successfully thinking and delaying too long :) Code "HOLIDAY20" expired.
    BF then... :)

Let's see if it will be more than 20%. Maybe 30%, but if @koofr says we shouldn't get our hopes up too much then probably it's gonna be in the 20-30% range. Hmm..

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • @Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@codelock said:

I already have:

I got:

and GDrive (free).

i want Internxt 2TB lifetime please give me link

• @selalumenang said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@codelock said:

I already have:

I got:

and GDrive (free).

You had to buy 2 1TB lifetimes and stack them, but you missed the boat - they don't sell lifetime plans anymore.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@selalumenang said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@codelock said:

I already have:

I got:

and GDrive (free).

Not available anymore, unfortunately.

• edited November 2022

This is an interesting offer from Koofr, I might buy one on BF.

Beside all the paid plans, there are other free choices around.

Terabox 1TB (using them for movies and remote uploader).
    17GB in use.

Mega.nz (got their 100GB Free plan), Zuper speed as well.
    35GB in use.

Storj.io 150GB (currently using it with RClone and Vue FM.
    78GB in use.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • koofrkoofr OGServices Provider

Actually, everyone keeps the 10GB free, but it would be silly to write 1,01 TB, so the display rounds the text to 1TB ;)

If you go to /app/admin/account you will see that you still have the 10GB listed as a free addon.

@Ympker said:

@Mumbly said:
    @jaden or @Ympker (tagged)

Do you keep free 10GB after the upgrade to lifetime plan? Do free 10GB + 250GB stack or 10GB is gone?

I am asking this because there's requirement to open free account first in order to get lifetime plan and I also see that some local ISP clients get 5GB quota for free which add additional 5GB on the top of the already existing free 10GB for them, so they have 15GB.

Pricing page suggests you keep the 10GB free storage space on top https://koofr.eu/pricing/ as it says

Plus the additional 10 GB free space

With my lifetime deal that however wasn't the case (I only got a full 1TB):

Maybe it only applies to monthly paid plans @koofr ?

Thanked by (2)Ympker FrankZ

@koofr said:
    Actually, everyone keeps the 10GB free, but it would be silly to write 1,01 TB, so the display rounds the text to 1TB ;)

If you go to /app/admin/account you will see that you still have the 10GB listed as a free addon.

@Ympker said:

@Mumbly said:

Do you keep free 10GB after the upgrade to lifetime plan? Do free 10GB + 250GB stack or 10GB is gone?

I am asking this because there's requirement to open free account first in order to get lifetime plan and I also see that some local ISP clients get 5GB quota for free which add additional 5GB on the top of the already existing free 10GB for them, so they have 15GB.

Pricing page suggests you keep the 10GB free storage space on top https://koofr.eu/pricing/ as it says

Don't worry, I wasn't gonna complain about the 10GB anyway. But yup, going to the path you specified, it's there :) Thanks!

• @koofr said:

@Ympker said:

@Mumbly said:

That’s great, but where’s the LES exclusive deal?

• koofrkoofr OGServices Provider

We are contractually obligated to match the lowest price for lifetime deals we offer to Stacksocial. So we cannot give out any price lower than what is on Stacksocial at this moment.

@Nekki said:

@koofr said:

@Ympker said:

@Mumbly said:

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @koofr any les special lifetime offers?

edited November 2022

@tridinebandim said:
    @koofr any les special lifetime offers?

See:

@koofr said:
    We are contractually obligated to match the lowest price for lifetime deals we offer to Stacksocial. So we cannot give out any price lower than what is on Stacksocial at this moment.

Thanked by (1)tridinebandim
  • oh :/ ok then, how you doing @koofr =)

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @koofr said:

@Nekki said:

@koofr said:

@Ympker said:

@Mumbly said:

But we won’t tell anyone, so it’s fine.

@Nekki said:

@koofr said:

@Nekki said:

@koofr said:

@Ympker said:

@Mumbly said:

I mean, the 20% is already really juicy and if BF perhaps gives 30% Stacksocial wide that's even better. Missing DN40 code ;( 40% off was great.

• @Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@koofr said:

@Nekki said:

@koofr said:

@Ympker said:

@Mumbly said:

I mean, the 20% is already really juicy and if BF perhaps gives 30% Stacksocial wide that's even better. Missing DN40 code ;( 40% off was great.

TBF I’m not buying anyway after careful consideration, but I just try for those to whom a few bucks more makes all the difference.

@Nekki said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@koofr said:

@Nekki said:

@koofr said:

@Ympker said:

@Mumbly said:

TBF I’m not buying anyway after careful consideration, but I just try for those to whom a few bucks more makes all the difference.

Fair enough. In that case, perhaps a 90 year deal is allowed (if lifetime isn't).

Thanked by (1)Nekki
  • I hope we can get the 20% or a 30% by BF, I will sit and wait. Probably have to start using that 6TB I got from OneDrive.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@Ouji said:
    I hope we can get the 20% or a 30% by BF, I will sit and wait. Probably have to start using that 6TB I got from OneDrive.

6TB seems quite decent :D But yeah, 20% was already nice, 30% would be even better :P

• @Ympker said: 6TB seems quite decent :D But yeah, 20% was already nice, 30% would be even better :P

It's on the family plan, I will have to make a trick to share the folders with one account, but I will need to create 6 accounts anyway. My currency is weak, so I'm paying about $5/yr for each TB or $30/yr for the whole 6TB.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Ympker said:

I got:

and GDrive (free).

I've been deliberating whether to use cloud providers vs self-hosting. Here's what I have.

• Koofr 100 GB lifetime
    • Filen 100 GB lifetime
    • Mega 400 GB annual
    • Syncthing with Filebrowser 4 TB across 3 dedicated servers
    • Synology (on Tailscale) 5 TB
    Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @jaden said: Koofr 100 GB lifetime

7$

@Ouji said:

@Ympker said: 6TB seems quite decent :D But yeah, 20% was already nice, 30% would be even better :P

It's on the family plan, I will have to make a trick to share the folders with one account, but I will need to create 6 accounts anyway. My currency is weak, so I'm paying about $5/yr for each TB or $30/yr for the whole 6TB.

Still sounds like a good deal :)