VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• edited March 2023

it seems that my comment got deleted by some moderator,Wow,LES is very kind ;)

I guess some moderator will ban me soon

🌟:SpartanHost,Cloudcone,Hostodo,WebHorizon
    💩:Virmach,Greencloud,Pacificrack really sucks

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited March 2023

@Franzkafka said:

Yep, that was me. As I said in the DM I sent you, review threads are for people to state their 1st hand experiences. You posted the same 3rd party story again after you knew it was removed by a mod and you had been DM'd why it had been removed. So I removed it again and have banned you for 7 days for "Being a general Admin/mod time vacuum".

You may feel free to open a ticket in the help desk and appeal the ban to an Admin.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@Franzkafka said:

Yep, that was me. As I said in the DM I sent you, review threads are for people to state their 1st hand experiences. You posted the same 3rd party story again after you knew it was removed by a mod and you had been DM'd why it had been removed. So I removed it again and have banned you for 7 days for "Being a general Admin/mod time vacuum".

You may feel free to open a ticket in the help desk and appeal the ban to an Admin.

Now I call it fair enough.
    Good one @FrankZ

• @VirMach said: we went through it already with them here, they agreed to pay the fee. It took some time but they were eventually unsuspended, and it looks like they opened another dispute on the fee they agreed to pay which put them back on this list, and as a result they got suspended again.

What the actual fuck

Thanked by (1)VirMach

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Brueggus said:

@VirMach said:
    The end is nigh, some mad lad actually requested a cancellation and refund on their Tokyo $8.88

I received the pro-rated refund for my service in Tokyo today.

Tokyo refund button has disappeared.
    I'm losing $9.43 per year.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:

@Brueggus said:

@VirMach said:
    The end is nigh, some mad lad actually requested a cancellation and refund on their Tokyo $8.88

I received the pro-rated refund for my service in Tokyo today.

testically strong people can manage without migration.

Thanked by (1)shallow
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Franzkafka said:

yes

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @ehab said:

@yoursunny said:

testically strong people can manage without migration.

Too late.
    I already migrated the Tokyo router of push-ups delivery network from VirmAche 512MB to @Brueggus 2GB service transfer.
    The replacement server has more RAM & bigger diks, but weaker CPU.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @Franzkafka said:

Did you open a 'hurr durr I'm banned in LES' thread in Hostloc too or is that an OGF-only thing?
    Actually curious how that would appeal the MJJ audience.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • edited March 2023

More and more people started transferring vir out:
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/5601/some-virmach-flash-sale-vps-up-for-transfer
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/5590/transfer-no-more-virmach-flash-deals-ryzen

What happened? People used to be proud of idling VPS of vir.

MicroLXC is lovable.

• @VirMach atlanta ryzen node 5 seems to be having massive packet loss and super high pings to gateway (and everywhere else). Can you please take a look? not sure if this is a $50 support ticket, so posting here.

• Interesting ... I was seeing it yesterday but not today ( also on ATLZ005 ).

• ATLZ010 also had a glitch this morning, for about 7 minutes 2023-03-26 08:10:32 (UTC+00:00).

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@bliss said: More and more people started transferring vir out:

I expect this has more to do with the current new and improved transfer process at VirMach than an increase in people wanting to get rid of excess VMs. Previously the transfer process was not viable for resales and could take weeks or months. Now it seems to take one to three business days to complete a transfer at VirMach.

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• I will take cheap VMs (per IP ;)) in Europe if anyone want to transfer things out (-:

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @FrankZ said:

@bliss said: More and more people started transferring vir out:

I expect this has more to do with the current new and improved transfer process at VirMach than an increase in people wanting to get rid of excess VMs. Previously the transfer process was not viable for resales and could take weeks or months. Now it seems to take one to three business days to complete a transfer at VirMach.

Thanks for giving a theory, and I guess time will tell.

MicroLXC is lovable.

• I might be in for cheap Multi IP US locations. If someone want to get rid of them.

Thanked by (1)bliss

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• I think people are sitting on the good stuff.

• @nutjob said:
    I think people are sitting on the good stuff.

I can't speak for everybody else but .......

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited March 2023

@VirMach said:
    If this was directly based off an export of disputes and chargebacks, that means for the 200-300 that's already potentially up to $9,000 in costs the business has incurred.

Oh my MJJs! BTW, my idol, is your money in SVB?

• edited March 2023

@skorous said:

@nutjob said:
    I think people are sitting on the good stuff.

I can't speak for everybody else but .......

$13.47 /yr
    4506MB DDR4 RAM
    3 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    10GB SSD (NVMe)
    1024GB MONTHLY DATA
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION

$20.54 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    4271MB DDR4 RAM
    3 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    45GB SSD (NVMe)
    4608GB MONTHLY DATA
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION

$18.88 /yr
    5120MB DDR4 RAM
    3 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    35GB SSD (NVMe)
    3584GB MONTHLY DATA
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION

$20.00 /yr
    4096MB DDR4 RAM
    3 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    60GB SSD (NVMe)
    10240GB MONTHLY DATA
    SAN JOSE, CA LOCATION

$20.00 /yr
    4096MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    130GB SSD (NVMe)
    20480GB MONTHLY DATA
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    3 DEDICATED IPv4

Who's selling these?

• LAXA032 is timeout

• edited March 2023

I reinsalled few VPS from btrf to ext4 now, and mu IOPS is down by 80% measuring with iostats, fuck now i need to reinstall all 10 when i get time, iops abuse email is random and i seen it only on system with btrf file system

now 60sec stats:
    r/s = 1.62
    r/w = 14.47
    util = 1.48

Thanked by (1)nutjob
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

VirMach's web site looks good.
    The server status page appears to be monitored by AI. /j
    Transfers are fast and simple.
    All my VMs are working really well. Some of them even have IPv6, all of which work.
    2023 looks much better than 2022 to be a VirMach customer.

Hey @VirMach what up next on the to do list ?

• Please add Debian 11 and almalinux 9

• Does anyone know how long it takes for IPv6 request to be processed?

• edited March 2023

does vir vir offer easter eggs?

maybe Mi Mimi Migrations

• what does account support level do?
    it is a Patreon donation?
    imagine your retard script keeps merging everything into one shithole, can't avoid the merge even though I pay for the account support level every month.
    even with the account support level, I still have to wait half a month to receive a reply, what about non-buyers if they have issue?
    hire a part-time IT support guy pls:(

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited March 2023

@sh97 said:
    Does anyone know how long it takes for IPv6 request to be processed?

Location dependent. For me Frankfurt and Tokyo were fast. I still have open ticket since December (merged) for all other locations, except Tampa, I don't have anything in Tampa.

Thanked by (1)sh97