VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

@Nekki said:

@AuroraZero said:
    Drive by Moaning just for @Nekki

My word, I've just made quite the mess in my undies!

Wtf, did I miss a hand job?

I guess both Yeti and VirmAch has given Nekki a hard time.

or a diarrhoea...

• @cold said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@Nekki said:

@AuroraZero said:
    Drive by Moaning just for @Nekki

My word, I've just made quite the mess in my undies!

Wtf, did I miss a hand job?

I guess both Yeti and VirmAch has given Nekki a hard time.

or a diarrhoea...

That's a very runny time...

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• @VirMach said:

@FrankZ said: No official update from VirMach since May 18th.

Comedically timed as usual. I think I basically brought the servers inside from the NYC fiasco, unboxed them and got them on workbench, and then it happened.

(edit) Very not good that it's been 3-4 days since then and felt like one. VirMach timewarp occuring.

I hate to badger you in your timewarp, but another weekend has snuck past and Chicago is still AWOL. Just a steer would be useful about now; if you're at the "we just need to move to a new DC" stage let us know and I can start rebuilding stuff rather than waiting to see if it will all magically reappear...

• edited May 2023

@Virmach is rDNS on Alibaba block gone ?

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• NYCB009 still dead...

• Virmach ,Please switch the Chicago network or take the host to other ISP.
    I need get back the server data. :'(

• Happily I have backups; I just need to know if it's worth spending the time restoring them elsewhere or if the network will reappear before I've finished ;)

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@emperor said:
    @Virmach is rDNS on Alibaba block gone ?

Shouldn't be, let me know.

@nightcat said:
    Virmach ,Please switch the Chicago network or take the host to other ISP.
    I need get back the server data. :'(

@ahnlak said:

@VirMach said:

@FrankZ said: No official update from VirMach since May 18th.

Comedically timed as usual. I think I basically brought the servers inside from the NYC fiasco, unboxed them and got them on workbench, and then it happened.

(edit) Very not good that it's been 3-4 days since then and felt like one. VirMach timewarp occuring.

I hate to badger you in your timewarp, but another weekend has snuck past and Chicago is still AWOL. Just a steer would be useful about now; if you're at the "we just need to move to a new DC" stage let us know and I can start rebuilding stuff rather than waiting to see if it will all magically reappear...

They keep updating us that null is removed then it's not, and ignoring all questions about shipping out servers. I bumped them on it again. They claim that 90% of the attack was hitting our IPs but still haven't provided me with any of the requested information. Current plan is to see if we can get any connectivity going for emergency migrations.

@ahnlak said:
    Happily I have backups; I just need to know if it's worth spending the time restoring them elsewhere or if the network will reappear before I've finished ;)

I'd recommend loading in backups elsewhere as it's not under my control and we're already heavily burdened on our end. I'd love to say I can fly to Chicago right now to grab them but I can't.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited May 2023

@BNNY said:
    It seems that there is a new Chicago Datacenter with DigitalRealty online now. Any updates on the NYCB servers?

Running into various problems, I'll update the status page as soon as I have a solid ETA. They delays are completely on our side now, sorry. (For the NY servers.)

(edit) It's a lot to go over but a big part of it was logistics, we had to move away from one office that was set up specifically for builds into storage in the other and I didn't realize how disorganized and heavy it all was, I screwed up my back a little bit (picking up and accidentally dropping a heavy box) and slammed my left foot knee into metal so that explains about 2-3 days of the delay. I just couldn't physically move things around that needed to be moved.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ BNNY
  • @VirMach said:
    Running into various problems, I'll update the status page as soon as I have a solid ETA. They delays are completely on our side now, sorry. (For the NY servers.)

I'm wondering if you can provide some backup data for NYCB009? My account renewed, so I still intend to use the service, but at the same time I would appreciate having the access to some of the server data that I didn't have a local back up of

• Thank you for the update.

• @VirMach, oh come on. you can give updates to others but keep ignoring my post and ticket. i have 5 services with you and for this one I paid 119$. but it has been down for 2 weeks now. as @FrankZ said, my missing disk problem can only be solved by you.
    I'm not expecting to have 99% uptime with you, I even don't have a problem if the vps is down daily. i don't use the vps 24/7 but I DO need to access it regularly. having 2 weeks down and no one cares to reply to my ticket is bothering me. please spare some time to reply my ticket #518513. thankyou

• @VirMach please add debian 12 os. Thank

• edited May 2023

@duc5e said:
    @VirMach please add debian 12 os. Thank

When?
    Today? Tomorrow?

What's your contingency plan if “bookworm" won't be added until tomorrow?

• Special vps has been offline for a long time. If it can be migrated, I think it will be online soon.

• @VirMach said: Shouldn't be, let me know.

It just stopped working 3 days ago, also one can't setup rDNS from SolusVM it just stays blank. It's like alibaba gives timeout on requests.

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• @VirMach NYCB006 is also still down, should we start with the PayPal disputs... cuz I'm slowly tired of waiting for a wonder to happen

• @cold said: NYCB006 is also still down, should we start with the PayPal disputs... cuz I'm slowly tired of waiting for a wonder to happen

I have a VM there too, I'm waiting but it seems like this is getting delayed after delay. Suggestion: @VirMach you may ask if NYCB006 clients wants to redeploy the VM without any backup of their data. If that were an option, I'll agree right away.

• @VirMach said:

We'll begin accepting 2FA reset requests on 5/21/2023 and there's a 2 week lockout period for phone.

>

ok, I have applied for a ticket for Google Authenticator Phone 2FA removal ( Ticket#929289 05/22/2023 ) thanks...

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@cold said:
    @VirMach NYCB006 is also still down, should we start with the PayPal disputs... cuz I'm slowly tired of waiting for a wonder to happen

not a good move to dispute unless you gonna burn the bridges

Thanked by (3)FrankZ AlwaysSkint skorous

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said: not a good move to dispute unless you gonna burn the bridges

NYCB009 has been down for two months. I don't know how long NYCB006 has been down so I can't speak to cold's situation, but, if he or she is contemplating a PayPal dispute, it's unlikely he or she will want to purchase any new services from Virmach in the future. The bridge has already been burned.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@rockinmusicgv said:

@cybertech said: not a good move to dispute unless you gonna burn the bridges

NYCB009 has been down for two months. I don't know how long NYCB006 has been down so I can't speak to cold's situation, but, if he or she is contemplating a PayPal dispute, it's unlikely he or she will want to purchase any new services from Virmach in the future. The bridge has already been burned.

Just be aware that a PayPal dispute may get all services and your account at VirMach terminated.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@rockinmusicgv said:

if i were paying $100 for a service i would definitely have done so.

for 10 dollars a year, i'll just take my chances.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited May 2023

Abandon hope all ye who squandered $100 here

Yo I'd rather spend that $100 in a brothel

smartass shitposting satirist

• edited May 2023

@FrankZ said:

@rockinmusicgv said:

Just be aware that a PayPal dispute may get all services and your account at VirMach terminated.

And it would be still hosts fault as those things can't be solved via merged & closed tickets which force client into requesting completely legit assistance of paypal.
    Paypal dispute per se isn't problematic as long it's not used in an improper way. It's completely legitimate way to ask paypal for assistance when problem can't be solved between two parties.
    Hosting companies don't like it, because it's often abused, but in those cases ... the only abuse would be termination all other paid services.

• coldcold OG
    edited May 2023

@cybertech said:

@cold said:
    @VirMach NYCB006 is also still down, should we start with the PayPal disputs... cuz I'm slowly tired of waiting for a wonder to happen

I know....but I'm waiting for 3 weeks now? or more I stopped counting and he doesn't give a shit about us. Also its not about the money ! it's about the principle... if I don't pay by the due date my service gets suspended and after a while erased...

• @cold said:

@cybertech said:

@cold said:

I know....but I'm waiting for 3 weeks now? or more I stopped counting and he doesn't give a shit about us. Also its not about the money ! it's about the principle... if I don't pay by the due date my service gets suspended and after a while erased...

Have you asked for a refund and been denied or just decided to go straight for the nuclear option?

@rockinmusicgv said:

if he or she is contemplating a PayPal dispute, it's unlikely he or she will want to purchase any new services from Virmach in the future. The bridge has already been burned.

It hasn't been burned until there's a PayPal dispute. People say all kinds of things - and they're completely serious - until those cheap offers pop up.

• @skorous said:

@rockinmusicgv said:

if he or she is contemplating a PayPal dispute, it's unlikely he or she will want to purchase any new services from Virmach in the future. The bridge has already been burned.

It hasn't been burned until there's a PayPal dispute. People say all kinds of things - and they're completely serious - until those cheap offers pop up.

There is always the option to create a new paypal account with different details.

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@somik said: There is always the option to create a new paypal account with different details.

Leaving VirMach out of it, would that not be a violation of PayPal terms ?
    If people do not hold themselves to the same general standards that they expect others to follow I would expect as a society we are in trouble.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• coldcold OG
    edited May 2023

@skorous said:

@cold said:

@cybertech said:

@cold said:

Have you asked for a refund and been denied or just decided to go straight for the nuclear option?

@rockinmusicgv said:

have you try to open a ticket with them, also other providers who had similar problems gave refund as a 1st option...this one gives only excuses...