VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• QN network recovered after some hours.

• JabJab
    edited June 2023

@BNNY said:
    Now Chicago problem has been solved. Shall we focus on NYCB servers tomorrow?

How much personally YOU helped with Chicago that you asking that WE should focus on NYC servers?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• QN DDoS Protection on ACID.
    Premium.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @Jab said:

@BNNY said:
    Now Chicago problem has been solved. Shall we focus on NYCB servers tomorrow?

How much personally YOU helped with Chicago that you asking that WE should focus on NYC servers?

Nothing, but I have a service that is still down on NYCB servers. What about YOU?

• @BNNY said: Nothing, but I have a service that is still down on NYCB servers. What about YOU?

According to your logic:
    Nothing, but I don't have a service that is still down on NYCB servers. What about YOU?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Thanked by (2)skorous ehab

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @Jab said:

@BNNY said: Nothing, but I have a service that is still down on NYCB servers. What about YOU?

According to your logic:
    Nothing, but I don't have a service that is still down on NYCB servers. What about YOU?

Since it doesn't concern you, it would be better if you refrain from commenting.

• @BNNY said:

@Jab said:

@BNNY said: Nothing, but I have a service that is still down on NYCB servers. What about YOU?

According to your logic:

Since it doesn't concern you, it would be better if you refrain from commenting.

If you do not want people commenting on your post, do NOT comment in a open forum. Contact VirMach on their support page here instead and you'll not get other people commenting.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@somik said: If you do not want people commenting on your post, do NOT comment in a open forum. Contact VirMach on their support page here instead and you'll not get other people commenting.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Some wise people are acting like MJJ now because they have more or less same problem now.

Life is great.

• @somik said:

@BNNY said:

@Jab said:

According to your logic:

If you do not want people commenting on your post, do NOT comment in a open forum. Contact VirMach on their support page here instead and you'll not get other people commenting.

I appreciate comments on my post, but I kindly request that the commenter maintain a basic level of respect.

• @BNNY said:

@somik said:

@BNNY said:

I appreciate comments on my post, but I kindly request that the commenter maintain a basic level of respect.

I agree with you on that. But if you ask me, it is better to ignore those kinds of people as replying to them just encourages them.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ehab

• edited June 2023

@somik said:

@BNNY said:

@somik said:

@BNNY said:

I agree with you on that. But if you ask me, it is better to ignore those kinds of people as replying to them just encourages them.

Thanks for the advice. I just realize that I should have @VirMach in my original comment so that others are not unnecessarily bothered.

• edited June 2023

@Fritz said: Some wise people are acting like MJJ now because they have more or less same problem now.

Wise indeed. It is my utter pleasure to bump up VirmAch thread during slacking off.

Thanked by (3)ehab chimichurri Mumbly

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Jab said:
    but for how long

SKY IS THE LIMIT !

• @cold said:

@Jab said:
    but for how long

SKY IS THE LIMIT !

SkyMach or VirSky?

• @somik said:

@cold said:

@Jab said:
    but for how long

SKY IS THE LIMIT !

SkyMach or VirSky?

whatever suits you better

• When will be Germany restock?
    Also, is not there any protection available on AMS and DE?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Zreind said:
    Also, is not there any protection available on AMS and DE?

AFAIK VirMach does not offer ddos protection in Amsterdam or Frankfurt.

• i dont understand why a provider as big as @Virmach doesn't have a staff dedicated to handling support. i guess they like the customer to suffer in the dark.

• @rkzed said:
    i dont understand why a provider as big as @Virmach doesn't have a staff dedicated to handling support. i guess they like the customer to suffer in the dark.

The more the staff, the more the operating costs. So they cannot offer dirt cheap prices like they do if they hire more people or relocate to better datacenters. In short, you get what you paid for. If you want better service, it's best to avoid low end providers. These are better for servers you leave idling and do not care if they are up or down :lol:

• @somik said:

@rkzed said:
    i dont understand why a provider as big as @Virmach doesn't have a staff dedicated to handling support. i guess they like the customer to suffer in the dark.

The more the staff, the more the operating costs. So they cannot offer dirt cheap prices like they do if they hire more people or relocate to better datacenters. In short, you get what you paid for. If you want better service, it's best to avoid low end providers. These are better for servers you leave idling and do not care if they are up or down :lol:

true, but better support means more loyal and recurring customers. even just having 1 staff dedicated to answering tickets will help tremendously compared to what they have now which I believe is nonexistent.

• @rkzed said:

@somik said:

@rkzed said:

true, but better support means more loyal and recurring customers. even just having 1 staff dedicated to answering tickets will help tremendously compared to what they have now which I believe is nonexistent.

Would you rather have someone incompetent answer your ticket just for the sake of answering or someone from their technical staff look into the issue and deal with the ticket? If you just want to hear "your call/ticket is important to us, thank you for waiting", just call up my bank. Those nincompoops made me wait 40 mins on line before they picked up my call, only to tell me they CANNOT help and someone competent will call back in 3 working days. Trust me, you'll hate that kind of support even more...

I remember hearing from VirMach that he is dealing with 50+ tickets per day and that they have other staff who are not able to deal with so many like him. So I guess they are having a lot of issues...

The main issue seems to be transparency and lack of communication.

Does @VirMach have a status update blog/tweeter/facebook or any place where they update on what's going on with their servers? @FrankZ do you know of any? It is better to keep their customers updated through regular updates (even once a day is fine) on what's going on and why their servers are down rather then everyone opening up tickets for same issue.

• @somik they have a Twitter but I don't think it's updated.
    They have a network status page tho

https://billing.virmach.com/serverstatus.php
    https://statusbot.virm.ac/en/

• @somik, well of course that's not what i mean.
    I believe Virmach is currently too focused on repairing problematic servers and ignoring their other customers who are also facing a problem but unrelated to it.

• I got email remainder to pay 0$ for migration and I can not, I hope there is no some system wide service cancelation...
    virmach
    how to create a link in html

• @somik said:

@rkzed said:

Would you rather have someone incompetent answer your ticket just for the sake of answering or someone from their technical staff look into the issue and deal with the ticket? If you just want to hear "your call/ticket is important to us, thank you for waiting", just call up my bank. Those nincompoops made me wait 40 mins on line before they picked up my call, only to tell me they CANNOT help and someone competent will call back in 3 working days. Trust me, you'll hate that kind of support even more...

I agree, as I believe @Virmach does, that having more staff would be a Good Thing (tm). He's stated before he has tried/is trying to hire additional people but has been hampered by a number of factors including finding help during a pandemic, onboarding taking time away from his current productivity level, etc...

I remember hearing from VirMach that he is dealing with 50+ tickets per day and that they have other staff who are not able to deal with so many like him. So I guess they are having a lot of issues...

They have their share of issues without question. One of which is a very vocal subset of customers who make tickets at a high rate - often repetitively.

The main issue seems to be transparency and lack of communication.

And the fact that people often don't actually read the status page ... so they make tickets.

It is better to keep their customers updated through regular updates (even once a day is fine) on what's going on and why their servers are down rather then THAN everyone opening up tickets for same issue.

I think daily might be excessive since some of these projects take time but a little more frequent updates so people don't think they've been forgotten would be welcome. This of course assumes that people will actually read the status page and stop making tickets which I do no believe will pan out.

@rkzed said:
    @somik, well of course that's not what i mean.
    I believe Virmach is currently too focused on repairing problematic servers and ignoring their other customers who are also facing a problem but unrelated to it.

So you believe that rather than solving a problem which applies to potentially several hundred people they should work on problems relating to one or a couple people. You see where you went wrong there? Don't get me wrong, I completely agree you guys have a right to be pissed that you're not getting the attention you deserve. I only mean that from a time invested vs. maximizing returns ratio that's not going to be a winning proposition.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • somiksomik OG
    edited June 2023

@sh97 said:
    @somik they have a Twitter but I don't think it's updated.
    They have a network status page tho

https://billing.virmach.com/serverstatus.php
    https://statusbot.virm.ac/en/

Yes, I know they have monitors in place, but it just says what is down, not why it is down or if anyone is working on it or even when they can expect it to be back online. Little things like that help reduce tickets. Ofcourse I understand that not everyone will even read those before opening a ticket, but it will help a big portion of VirMach clients.

@rkzed said:
    @somik, well of course that's not what i mean.

As skorous has said, if there are multiple fires, the rule states to fight the fires that are:
    1. Possible to fight
    2. Helps the maximum number of people

This is why VirMach is focused on repairing the problematic servers that will help the maximum number of people.

I agree that in this type of situations, it seems like hiring 1 more hand to solve your problem seems like a good option, but if the person hired does not know his job or does something wrong, it'll end up with more jobs for the rest of the support team. That's why VirMach mentioned about training them in the past.

From my experience, hiring people when firefighting is a BAD idea as more things tends to go wrong with a new hand compared to without him/her.

PS. Here, when I state firefighting, i mean tackling issues one after another, as if a fire is continuously spreading issues everywhere.

@reb0rn said:
    I got email remainder to pay 0$ for migration and I can not, I hope there is no some system wide service cancelation...

Does VirMach have an option to pay by account funds? You can use that option to pay $0 bills usually with other hosts. I would ask you to open a support ticket... but... well... you know the issue...

@skorous said:

@somik said:

I think daily might be excessive since some of these projects take time but a little more frequent updates so people don't think they've been forgotten would be welcome. This of course assumes that people will actually read the status page and stop making tickets which I do no believe will pan out.

The host I'm using spams me with emails related to my server and it's network. I am using a somewhat premium service and have my dedicated server (that I use as offsite a storage server) with them. So I do not have to worry why my server is offline for 3 minutes at 3am my time.

Maybe VirMach can adopt a similar system? Email users with status related to their server, not just whether it is up or down, but why it is up/down.

• @skorous said: So you believe that rather than solving a problem which applies to potentially several hundred people they should work on problems relating to one or a couple people. You see where you went wrong there? Don't get me wrong, I completely agree you guys have a right to be pissed that you're not getting the attention you deserve. I only mean that from a time invested vs. maximizing returns ratio that's not going to be a winning proposition.

I do completely agree and understand that working on the problems that impacting a lot of people is need more priority. i was just wondering why Virmach does not invest more in his support department, and I'm not just talking about now when shit happens, but the whole time.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited June 2023

@rkzed said: I do completely agree and understand that working on the problems that impacting a lot of people is need more priority. i was just wondering why Virmach does not invest more in his support department, and I'm not just talking about now when shit happens, but the whole time.

You still having that can't find the boot disk problem with your TYOC005 VM ? Or is this a new issue ?

There are multiple support ticket response levels at VirMach.
    1. (Low) Special offers come with no support as stated, and you agree to, when purchasing.
    2. (Med) Regular (full price) purchases come with standard support.
    3. (High) There is an option to purchase a higher level of support on regular packages by paying an additional $5 a month.
    4. (Highest) There is an option to pay an additional $800 a month for a personally assigned tech support person that is just there for your account.

I expect that it goes something like this...
    When all the High priority tickets are answered, then they start working on the Med priority tickets. When all the Med priority tickets are answered, they start on the Low priority tickets. If more High or Med priority tickets come in they seldom get to the Low priority tickets.
    NOTE: The ticket priority that you set on your ticket is not what I mean, the ticket priority is set by the support level that you pay for.

So you have to ask yourself "Which level of support am I paying for ?"

Personally, I have mostly specials and some regular price plans at VirMach. I don't pay extra for support as I find it cheaper to just buy an couple extra $10/yr specials and set up some redundancy so when a VM goes down I am not effected. The last service related ticket I had at VirMach was in 2019. This works better for me, and as some may have noticed, I am seldom upset with the VirMach support system.

@somik said: I remember hearing from VirMach that he is dealing with 50+ tickets per day and that they have other staff who are not able to deal with so many like him. So I guess they are having a lot of issues...

Previously VirMach said he did 500 tickets a day himself, while other support staff were only able to do 50 or less. This may be one of the reasons that he does not see the value in hiring more support staff.

@somik said: Does @VirMach have a status update blog/tweeter/facebook or any place where they update on what's going on with their servers? @FrankZ do you know of any? It is better to keep their customers updated through regular updates (even once a day is fine) on what's going on and why their servers are down rather then everyone opening up tickets for same issue.

LES has been the unofficial place where VirMach updates us on what is going on with their nodes and plans for the future. The official location is their status page. Currently VirMach is focusing on correcting server and other operation related issues so I don't expect updates from him here at LES this week.

EDIT: Personally I hope that someday @VirMach will stop accepting tickets from "specials" and only do support for "specials" via a VirMach forum like some nat providers do. This, I expect, would greatly reduce the ticket peaks, improving customer service for regular paying customers, and could be handled by one person.