VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @root said:

@FrankZ said:
    After adding it all up it seems I went a little crazy this flash sale. I ended up spending $92.86 or $7.73 a month
    Total of 10 VMs in NYC(1), Dallas(3), Phoenix(1), Los Angeles(1), San Jose(1), Seattle(2), Tokyo(1)
    With a total of 19 cores, 20GB RAM, 352GB NVMe, 13 IPv4, 46.5 TB transfer.

Anybody know where else I can get 19 cores, 20GB RAM, 352GB NVMe, 13 IPv4, and 46.5 TB transfer for $7.73 a month ?

You can't get that from anywhere else.

Maybe someday you will just keep the faith.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@duc5e said:
    I have purchased and paid for VPS 2222 but after 7 hours I still have not received VPS information. I am waiting and I believe this is a good promotion.

With time all good things will come. I still have four from today that are pending. I expect that VirMach is a bit backed up after all the sales today.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• MJJ's tutorial of gifting $10 to VirmAche boss

迁移日本:(慎重请勿尝试)
    https://billing.virmach.com/clientarea.php?action=productdetails&id=666666&migration=Without%20Data&to=Tokyo&locid=1379
    把666666换成你的机器id即可。
    登录后再打开这个网址。
    提示success后返回刷新支付生成的账单即可。

注意剩余空间不足导致迁移失败扣13刀会只退3刀到账户余额。
    只确保教程能够正确生成工单和账单,反正我亏了39刀。
    赌狗们非要试的请在日本区有库存的时候再做尝试。

Migration to Japan: (caution don't try)
    https://billing.virmach.com/clientarea.php?action=productdetails&id=666666&migration=Without%20Data&to=Tokyo&locid=1379
    Substitute 666666 with your chicken id.
    Open the link after login.
    When it says success, go back, refresh, pay the invoice.

If migration fails due to out of stock, $13 migration fee would be taken, and only $3 would be refunded to account credits.
    The tutorial only guarantees correctly generating work order and invoice, but the author lost 39 knives.
    Gamblers should only try when Japan region has stonks.

I have many questions.
    To start: why is the migration action coded as an HTTP GET request?
    This is a violation of RFC 9110:

Request methods are considered "safe" if their defined semantics are essentially read-only; i.e., the client does not request, and does not expect, any state change on the origin server as a result of applying a safe method to a target resource.
    Likewise, reasonable use of a safe method is not expected to cause any harm, loss of property, or unusual burden on the origin server.

Of the request methods defined by this specification, the GET, HEAD, OPTIONS, and TRACE methods are defined to be safe.

Submitting a migration request is not a read-only operation, so that it should use POST method instead.

Thanked by (4)Caxen FrankZ Mumbly sh97

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said: the author lost 39 knives. Gamblers should only try when Japan region has stonks

• @yoursunny said:
    MJJ's tutorial of gifting $10 to VirmAche boss

迁移日本:(慎重请勿尝试)
    把666666换成你的机器id即可。
    登录后再打开这个网址。
    提示success后返回刷新支付生成的账单即可。

注意剩余空间不足导致迁移失败扣13刀会只退3刀到账户余额。
    只确保教程能够正确生成工单和账单,反正我亏了39刀。
    赌狗们非要试的请在日本区有库存的时候再做尝试。

Migration to Japan: (caution don't try)
    Substitute 666666 with your chicken id.
    Open the link after login.
    When it says success, go back, refresh, pay the invoice.

If migration fails due to out of stock, $13 migration fee would be taken, and only $3 would be refunded to account credits.
    The tutorial only guarantees correctly generating work order and invoice, but the author lost 39 knives.
    Gamblers should only try when Japan region has stonks.

I have many questions.
    This is a violation of RFC 9110:

Request methods are considered "safe" if their defined semantics are essentially read-only; i.e., the client does not request, and does not expect, any state change on the origin server as a result of applying a safe method to a target resource.
    Likewise, reasonable use of a safe method is not expected to cause any harm, loss of property, or unusual burden on the origin server.

Of the request methods defined by this specification, the GET, HEAD, OPTIONS, and TRACE methods are defined to be safe.

Submitting a migration request is not a read-only operation, so that it should use POST method instead.

Wth did I just try to read on three days of no sleep?

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• edited January 2023

↑↑↑
    Literally PANIC button is a money printer

@yoursunny said: I have many questions.
    This is a violation of RFC 9110

I sincerely doubt Virmach could do web-dev
    Here's my conspiracy theory: he outsourced it to his catty

Thanked by (2)root emengweb

smartass shitposting satirist

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

@AuroraZero said: Wth did I just try to read on three days of no sleep?

The mjj are discussing how to migrate flash deals to Tokyo by compromising a poorly written aspect of VirMach's migration code.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero ariq01

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited January 2023

lovely. virmach can take their money and terminate these MJJs, after which hold another round of flash deals with the reclaimed services.. kill 2 Jis with one stone

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @FrankZ said:

The mjj are discussing how to migrate flash deals to Tokyo by compromising a poorly written aspect of VirMach's migration code.

Ahhh ok seems legit. They do realize if it works he is likely to chunk em right? It would be the logical thing to do anyways.

Thanked by (4)ehab FrankZ shallow ariq01

• @FrankZ said:

No, no, no.
    They are considering how to give Virmach $10

Thanked by (2)yoursunny FrankZ

from google translate

• @Caxen said:

@FrankZ said:

No, no, no.

Hell they want to throw 10 bucks away I will take it. I take donations and usually say thanks for cash now I will go scratch my ass.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Caxen said:

@FrankZ said:

No, no, no.

I got that too, and that they were walking the road to getting their accounts cancelled. But one needs to make it as simple as possible for a sleepy Yeti.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero Caxen

• @FrankZ said:

If there is money to be made, why not? Maybe Virmach could simply charge more for migration to this location.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

How are you... online?

• edited January 2023

@VirMach Knew ya're busy to count yor money
    Could ya kindly fix the outdated SSL certificate of looking glass
    Also SEAZ002 didn't appear in yor serverstatus page

I don wanna change my code to

requests.get('https://ams.lg.virmach.com/1gb.zip', verify=False)

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    @VirMach Knew ya're busy to count yor money
    Could ya kindly fix the outdated SSL certificate of looking glass

Why?

Thanked by (2)shallow FrankZ

• @root said:

@FrankZ said:

If there is money to be made, why not? Maybe Virmach could simply charge more for migration to this location.

Know what's funny I believe I saw him say there was no room left there awhile back 😆. Too lazy too look at it right now. @root got me started on yet another project.

Thanked by (1)root

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@root said:

@FrankZ said:

He was talking earlier about lowering the surcharge for Tokyo to $5, which personally I think would be a mistake. I agree with you, if so many mjj want to migrate to Tokyo he should raise the surcharge. Well I guess that $16.46/yr 1 core, 1.5GB RAM, 35GB NVMe, 4TB transfer VPS I was going to let go to some lucky person will keep some value.

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AuroraZero said:

@root said:

@FrankZ said:

Know what's funny I believe I saw him say there was no room left there awhile back 😆. Too lazy too look at it right now. @root got me started on yet another project.

You are correct that VirMach said Tokyo was full, but he also said he was going to send more servers there soon™

• @FrankZ said:

@AuroraZero said:

@root said:

@FrankZ said:

You are correct that VirMach said Tokyo was full, but he also said he was going to send more servers there soon™

Glad to know I wasn't hallucinating yet 😉. Yeah well soon might be 4 weeks from now. I agree keep it 10 or if they like it so much make it 15. I mean having to deal with it would be worthwhile.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• @FrankZ said:
    After adding it all up it seems I went a little crazy this flash sale. I ended up spending $92.86 or $7.73 a month
    Total of 10 VMs in NYC(1), Dallas(3), Phoenix(1), Los Angeles(1), San Jose(1), Seattle(2), Tokyo(1)
    With a total of 19 cores, 20GB RAM, 352GB NVMe, 13 IPv4, 46.5 TB transfer.

Anybody know where else I can get 19 cores, 20GB RAM, 352GB NVMe, 13 IPv4, and 46.5 TB transfer for $7.73 a month ?

About $126/y got 10vps, exceed budget ;)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • The monthly cost is still cheaper than a ks-le, great value!!! <3

• Fuck, that rush, now its over, have to wait another fucking year.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ mbk Mason
  • My service hasn't been activated and I'm losing billions, meanwhile you people are making bible jokes.

Thanked by (1)emengweb
  • @shallow said:
    My service hasn't been activated and I'm losing billions, meanwhile you people are making bible jokes.

i need one of your lady screaming git and quotes. It was fun and real last time.

• @shallow said:
    My service hasn't been activated and I'm losing billions, meanwhile you people are making bible jokes.

Hey hey hey calm down buddies. Jeebus is yer copilot and he doesn't know how to fly. You know being born way before the inventor the aerial screw and all.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Neoon said:
    Fuck, that rush, now its over, have to wait another fucking year.

Magic eight ball says that VirMach will do a sale on EPYC VMs well before next BF.

• @shallow said:

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

How are you... online?

• edited January 2023

This morning i found out that i got so close to the 2.22 deal that my credit card was charged, but no order id was visible, no invoice is in the system and of course no service was created. :'(

anyone else?

EDIT: turns out it was only pre-authorised, not charged. still must have been close to getting it....

• @someTom said:
    This morning i found out that i got so close to the 2.22 deal that my credit card was charged, but no order id was visible, no invoice is in the system and of course no service was created. :'(

It's a conspiracy. Virmach wants to take over the world by using all that money.

anyone else?

Possible. Usually people open tickets asking for refunds if they are wrongfully charged.

How are you... online?

• @FrankZ said:

@Neoon said:
    Fuck, that rush, now its over, have to wait another fucking year.

Magic eight ball says that VirMach will do a sale on EPYC VMs well before next BF.

HOLD! The replenishment is mid flight.