Your mouse buying recommendation for gaming

2»

Comments

• @Ympker said:

Tldr; Get him the mouse he wanted if it's within budget and the company behind it/reviews are not utter crap.

Man... you sure you only 26?

This is the best advise given indeed. @ehab you know what to do now!

• yes i do
    thank you all

Thanked by (2)Ympker Falzo
  • @ehab said:
    yes i do
    thank you all

How are you... online?

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@ehab said:
    my son is asking for this one

Glorious Model O
    https://www.gloriousgaming.com/products/glorious-model-o-black

Glorious's software kind of ruined everything for me multiple times. A good website for almost everything is RTINGS.com and it also looks like it's not that terrific but I agree that you should just get whatever he wants obviously, maybe just let him know about some of the potential issues though.

https://www.rtings.com/mouse/tools/compare/logitech-g502-hero-vs-glorious-model-o/1612/1620?usage=8876&threshold=0.10

Logitech with HERO sensor (I don't follow it that precisely, maybe there's a ton of different sub-versions at this point but I remember it as the same sensor across many mouse product lines) seems to generally be the best or at least it was maybe two years ago when I actually did anything other than click on tickets.

Logitech is also the only brand I've ever had where it's basically lasted forever. Razer is good, kind of annoying software IMO, but always breaks. Constantly. All of them. Every single one I've ever gotten and I used to go through maybe a dozen of them for the few years I used them.

As for wired vs wireless debate, I may be misquoting this but I watch/listen to a lot of mundane videos in the background while I work and it seems like we're at an age where wireless is actually basically better than wired because since they cost more they end up being the more premium ones with the better sensors and everything and all the R&D. At least when it comes to like Logitech LIGHTSPEED or whatever. Plus most if not all wireless mouses I've seen over the last 5 years all also come with the option to switch to wired anyway to recharge it or to just use as wired.

Only time wireless has given me problems was when I was too lazy to optimize my setup and there were a bunch of other wireless devices interfering.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @VirMach said: .. also come with the option to switch to wired anyway to recharge it or to just use as wired.

This is one of the better innovations, IMO. Much better than batteries going flat at inopportune moments. :)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• edited January 2023

Logitech G Pro Wireless <3

• @debaser said:
    Logitech G502 Hero. A bit more expensive than some other options, but just works. Has a good sensor, a good feel to it and it’s sturdy.

I just got this last week as my first mid-tier mouse after only buying MX500s-MX518s since they came out. The G502 is certainly more modern, feels premium, and doesn't feel wacky like the Intellimouse which has a big butt that intrudes on my fourth finger's resting point -- I especially like the infinite scrolling and thumb button -- but it's SOOO heavy on my thumb! My thumb joint hurts for the first time in years. If the pain continues, I might really have to go the drilling route to reduce its weight. It could just be from my age (early 40s with too much game time logged over the years), but I wouldn't get one for my kids because I don't want them getting early arthritis. Need to save those little healthy fingers so that they can play more games throughout their lives 🙂

• There are many great gaming mice on the market, and the best one for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Some popular options include the Logitech G Pro Wireless, the Razer DeathAdder Elite, and the SteelSeries Rival 600. (The one I use). These mice are well-reviewed for their precision and customization options, but you should read reviews, compare features, and try out different models before deciding.

Vladimir S. - IT Consultant, Entrepreneur, Web Developer, and Disability Advocate.

[email protected] | www.ivlad.net