Keepsolid VPN got more lax on removal of devices (/device count limit)

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Many of you guys are already using Keepsolid Lifetime VPN and the deal used to come with a 5 device limit, where total number of registered devices was counted. This was annoying, because most VPN providers (Ivacy and others) usually only counted concurrently connected devices, so a 5 device limit was imho more than sufficient for a single user. Keepsolid's VPN was sort of a pita in this regard, because you could only remove 1 device per week, so if you already had registered 5 "devices" to your sub and suddenly needed 2 new slots, because you installed the browser extension somewhere (this also counted as a device), or installed it on a couple of virtualbox vms, you were in trouble. That's why I, back then, bought an additional 5 devices for lifetime (20$ ish?!) which was quite the good deal and I never really had an issue with the device limit ever since.

Today, I noticed that when I removed a device something was different as usually iirc it would display smth like "next device can be removed in x days". Today, however, it didn't.
When I then proceeded to try and remove another device it worked without an issue.
I couldn't believe it and looked it up in the knowledge base.
Seems like as long as you only add 5 devices (so this basically applies to all of you guys who bought the lifetime deal) you can now remove them any time at will. Only if you had a plan which would support more than 5 devices there is a limit for device removal now.

While I would still prefer they just would count concurrently connected devices, this means way more flexibility for my VMs now and probably some people here might also want to know about this :)

KB article: https://www.vpnunlimited.com/help/manuals/user-office

To remove an unused device, log in to your User Office, press Manage for KeepSolid VPN Unlimited, and navigate to the Devices section. There you can view the list of all your devices in use and manage them manually.

Note: You may remove the first 5 devices without restrictions monthly. After that, you will be limited to removing 1 device per day for a month from the date of the removal of the first device.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ dosai

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Thank you for posting this. Otherwise I would probably would have never known they changed the policy.
    I like, you, have two for this same reason. Maybe it's time to let one go.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@FrankZ said:
    Thank you for posting this. Otherwise I would probably would have never known they changed the policy.
    I like, you, have two for this same reason. Maybe it's time to let one go.

Yeah, it's a game changer. However, there is a difference. I didn't buy two separate accounts. Back then, on Stacksocial you could buy a 5 devices lifetime addon for your existing account. So I have 10 devices on 1 account. Otherwise the past years would have been way more annoying. Hence why I shared this asap when I found out

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • It's nice to have more flexibility with the devices, and 900GB per month is still quite good for the price paid.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Or, you can just use the old device name to regenerate and overwrite old config

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Koofr Cloud Storage: Lifetime Subscription (1TB) for $159.99 [aff link]

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@allnetstore said:
    Or, you can just use the old device name to regenerate and overwrite old config

True, but if you want to use their app you need to add new device.