Free MetalVPS Intel i9-13900 Traditional Shell Account! Make Your Own VPSes!

Comments

• @Not_Oles what's up?
    And what happened to my MetalVPS Account?
    Did u Created?
    Or Did u Forgot?
    And I'm 13 Years Old.
    I Like Using VPSes With QEMU And Linux, Its Cool Man!
    OK, Bye!
    Have a Nice Day!

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@somik said: yellow snow

Take high dose B-complex vitamins for deeper yellow. :)

@somik said: monitor script

Do you have a script that you use and recommend? Thanks!

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @Not_Oles said:

@somik said: yellow snow

Take high dose B-complex vitamins for deeper yellow. :)

I would highly suggest hetrix monitoring. You can setup email/telegram and much more alerts on different parameters like CPU, RAM, Network usage etc.

@EfeeUser said:
    @Not_Oles also i have a good linux experience like debian, fedora, alpine linux and QEMU
    I also create a Windows VPS in MetalVPS if u give it.
    and my ssh key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIGsfERa5YdG/YS0oV/SdDcncgf+fKtrkut1gKujox302
    I want you to have a nice day!
    Bye!

Hi @EfeeUser! Thanks for yet another request. I don't want to be unkind to you or to anyone. But, maybe you might be what sometimes is called "too pushy." Every time you repeat your request, I get confused because I don't know how to explain my feelings tactfully. Too many requests! Too much "entitlement" for a free service. In my confused mind, I put off replying to your request. A brief moment passes, and then we see still another request. All this is too much! Please stop for a while. Please contribute to LES by posting helpful, interesting comments in other threads and by starting new, interesting, and relevant threads. When time has passed, we will see what happens. I hope you have a nice day as well! Best wishes! Tom

Thanked by (2)terrorgen chimichurri

@NodeSeek用户123 said:
    @Not_Oles
    Dear Tom,

I am writing to express my deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused due to my forgetfulness. As you may know,I deeply regret to inform you that I have forgotten the passphrase for my key, which has made it impossible for me to log in.😭😭😭

After researching online, I have come to understand that the only solution to this problem is to generate a new key pair. However, I am not entirely sure if my understanding is correct. Would I need to provide a new ssh-ed25519 key and have you delete/recreate the old VPS? Here is my new ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIPNnK+sbUmMJyhrvJgBMWYDkJ+WZjLBHq+28z9GnoY4v

I realize that this mistake is purely my fault and I take full responsibility for my actions. As a beginner in this field, I still have much to learn and many mistakes to make. I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me and guide me through this process.🥺🥺🥺

Thank you for your understanding and assistance in this matter.🫡

Sincerely,

nodeseek用户123

Hi @NodeSeek用户123 !

I added your new key. Please try to log in now and please let us know whether everything now works okay. Please have fun on the server.

Best!

Tom

@itsmepaddi said:
    I just got Apache2 web server working on MetalVPS with QEMU Port Forwarding!

What's next? Probably I will try to set up an OpenVPN server or a Proxmox server.

@Not_Oles said:
    If Apache were set up on the node, then everybody could have a /home/$neighbor/www subdirectory which could be served by Apache. :)

Does anyone else like this idea?

It's actually a good idea!

Hi @itsmepaddi!

Congrats on getting Apache2 working! That's the beginning of your great future on the web!

I'm especially grateful that you posted the systemctl status output. I like to see command line stuff. :) I am also grateful that you are using Ubuntu, which is Open Source. I like to see MetalVPS users running Open Source!

It will be great to see how you do with OpenVPN and with Proxmox. Please continue to keep us updated as you progress!

Best wishes!

Tom

@dough said:

@Not_Oles said:

@dough said:
    Some server resources will be used for installing gentoo in a vm. Sorry for anything bad happening

Please share with us the PID of the Gentoo qemu instance. Thanks!

PID for the longest running qemu instance (of the gentoo install) (for now) at 15:54 in Romanian time is 1221767

I know that im using quite a lot of ram (10gigs) and quite a bit of processing power but thats kinda required if you want to compile gentoo smoothly so :shrug:

EDIT: Oh wow, thats a lot of processing power that its using

1221767 seems to be gone now:

root@fsn ~ # ps aux | grep 1221767
    root     1226504  0.0  0.0   6332  2120 pts/11   S+   19:50   0:00 grep 1221767
    root@fsn ~ # 

Some people like to joke about Gentoo never finishing compiling. :) But Gentoo does finish, or, at least it used to finish. I enjoyed using Gentoo! Did your compile finish, or did you kill it? :)

I really, really appreciate your using Open Source software like Gentoo here on our server! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Thank you for using MetalVPS! <3

@officialysm said:
    hi @not_oles!
    I want to try out your MetalVPS for livestreaming via OBS Studio
    I'm from Egypt

Hi @officialysm !

Welcome to LES! Welcome to MetalVPS!

Sounds like pretty heavy usage, and I wonder about the latency from Egypt. But we can try. What is the subject of your livestream?

I appreciate that OBS Studio seems to be Open Source. I haven't used it. How would you set it up?

Do you have anything already online that we can see?

Thanks for your request! More soon!

Best!

Tom

@NotRealZeyad said:
    Hey @Not_Oles Can you please change my ssh key to ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIOFQmGObRXJDh4ghN1NlrrxFWHW5PKBg8ByUAJ8WsuCy as I forgot to save my private key also I sent another post of requesting but you did not reply.

Done!

I am slow. Sorry, I need to thank you for your patience, thank you! I appreciate your giving me extra time. Best wishes!

• @Not_Oles said:

@Exinjh said: Yo, I've got Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 working in MetalVPS! I'll test performance of my VM (if I allocated so many ram, I can decrease it)

Thanks for your report and for the screenshot! I think everything is okay for now. But when you are done testing, maybe decrease the resources you are using to not more than actually needed. Give the other guys a chance! :)

Sure! I will decrease my resources!

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@EfeeUser said:
    @Not_Oles what's up?
    And what happened to my MetalVPS Account?
    Did u Created?
    Or Did u Forgot?
    And I'm 13 Years Old.
    I Like Using VPSes With QEMU And Linux, Its Cool Man!
    OK, Bye!
    Have a Nice Day!

Hi @EfeeUser! Please see https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/137362/#Comment_137362 Thanks! Best wishes!

Hi Guys! We need a reboot for a new kernel and also new qemu. So, rebooting in maybe about half an hour? Thanks! :)

Looks like the reboot went okay. @dinopotato's VPSes automagically restarted. :) Gives him a chance to post about how he set up autoboot if he wants to share. Congrats @dinopotato!

• @Not_Oles said:
    Looks like the reboot went okay. @dinopotato's VPSes automagically restarted. :) Gives him a chance to post about how he set up autoboot if he wants to share. Congrats @dinopotato!

i have no ideas about this lol
    i just saw the message about restart and i wait unti

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@dinopotato said:

@Not_Oles said:

Haha, shows how wrong I can be! And maybe how slow I can be too! I guess @dinopotato must have logged in ahead of me after the reboot. :) Friendly greetings!

• @Not_Oles
    Dear Tom,

Thank you so much for adding my new key! I just tried to log in and I am happy to report that everything now works okay. I really appreciate your help and support in getting me set up on the server.

Best regards,

@NodeSeek用户123

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@NodeSeek用户123 said:
    @Not_Oles
    Dear Tom,

Thank you so much for adding my new key! I just tried to log in and I am happy to report that everything now works okay. I really appreciate your help and support in getting me set up on the server.

Best regards,

@NodeSeek用户123

Thanks for your report! Additionally, I do appreciate your being so polite! Please proceed confidently. Please do not hesitate to post your questions. The wonderful guys here at LES will be delighted to help you! Plus, please do not hesitate to post your successes, both large and small. Everyone will be delighted to hear about your successes! Best wishes!

• @Not_Oles said:

No, I usually write up my own scripts... I'll look around and let you know if I find something good.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles Yqua

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• Hi @Not_Oles
    I want to get MetalVPS for Server Hosting
    SSH key: ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIMXxrJ2226g8KPky2Zg1PEjjIsRUXF/aI9+HGun5tkdv eddsa-key-20230429

Thanked by (2)Yqua Not_Oles
  • edited April 2023

@SySSamin said:
    Hi @Not_Oles
    I want to get MetalVPS for Server Hosting
    SSH key: ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIMXxrJ2226g8KPky2Zg1PEjjIsRUXF/aI9+HGun5tkdv eddsa-key-20230429

Hello SysSamin,

can you tell us a little bit about yourself and what you want to use MetalVPS for?

I'm helping @Not_Oles out with MetalVPS, as an volunteer system administrator, due to the increase in users.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles said:

@dinopotato said:

@Not_Oles said:

Haha, shows how wrong I can be! And maybe how slow I can be too! I guess @dinopotato must have logged in ahead of me after the reboot. :) Friendly greetings!

FWIW, I'd usually add a @reboot cron job to the user's crontab that then runs the desired command in a screen session (tmux would probably also work), so I can attach to it later on.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles said:

virsh autostart $VMNAME

• edited April 2023

@ralf said:

@Not_Oles said:

virsh autostart $VMNAME

This would not work in this case because libvirt is not installed.

Thanked by (2)ralf Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles I am kinda an idiot and made you set the new public key to the old one sorry for wasting a lot of time the actual new key is AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIGaBSZZxofHNojkMp09VE+lWpjOUvxpiaZtMM0h6uWfu again sorry for wasting a lot of time I can sometimes be stupid I made sure this time the private and public keys match

• @NotRealZeyad said:
    @Not_Oles I am kinda an idiot and made you set the new public key to the old one sorry for wasting a lot of time the actual new key is AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIGaBSZZxofHNojkMp09VE+lWpjOUvxpiaZtMM0h6uWfu again sorry for wasting a lot of time I can sometimes be stupid I made sure this time the private and public keys match

Hi @NotRealZeyad ,
    I added the new key for you. You can remove the old one yourself from .ssh/authorized_keys if you don't need it anymore.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles
    thanks for your reply , streaming will be m3u8 videos for audience on twitter with 30fps 1080p max.
    you can check telegram channel for this purpose
    t.me/YSMSPORTS

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Yqua said:

@NotRealZeyad said:
    @Not_Oles I am kinda an idiot and made you set the new public key to the old one sorry for wasting a lot of time the actual new key is AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIGaBSZZxofHNojkMp09VE+lWpjOUvxpiaZtMM0h6uWfu again sorry for wasting a lot of time I can sometimes be stupid I made sure this time the private and public keys match

Hi @NotRealZeyad ,
    I added the new key for you. You can remove the old one yourself from .ssh/authorized_keys if you don't need it anymore.

Ok are you Not Oles helper?

• @officialysm said:
    @Not_Oles
    thanks for your reply , streaming will be m3u8 videos for audience on twitter with 30fps 1080p max.
    you can check telegram channel for this purpose
    t.me/YSMSPORTS

Hi @officialysm ,

I took a look at the Telegram channel, it looks like you are restreaming football games. Am I seeing this correctly? If so, do you have permission from the rights holders to do this?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @NotRealZeyad said:

@Yqua said:

@NotRealZeyad said:

Hi @NotRealZeyad ,

Yes, due to the increased number of users, I am helping Not_Oles out with MetalVPS as a volunteer.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Yqua said:

@NotRealZeyad said:

@Yqua said:

@NotRealZeyad said:

Hi @NotRealZeyad ,

Yes, due to the increased number of users, I am helping Not_Oles out with MetalVPS as a volunteer.

currently am trying to login but it gives me an error of permission denied public key even tho I made sure the public key is correct

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles