Free MetalVPS Intel i9-13900 Traditional Shell Account! Make Your Own VPSes!

Comments

• Hi @Not_Oles ,

It's good to see that you have a sense of humor 🙂

As it happens, NetBSD is the BSD variant that I know the best (though I'm presently not as active a user as I once was)

As you may guess, my view is that you should have some sort of "seniority" requirement for a free shell account in terms of LES account age and number of non-spammy posts, otherwise you literally have people come out of the woodwork for a freebie

But I'm aware that your view about this differs from mine 🙂

Have a nice late afternoon and evening

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@angstrom Haha, yeah!

BTW, process 1186263, which was a big VPS, seems to have faded away. If anybody experiences MetalVPS performance problems, please let us know by posting here.

Presently pending are a few requests for new accounts, plus an ssh key change. These each will receive attention, hopefully before too long.

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• edited April 2023

@Not_Oles said:

@dinopotato said:

@Not_Oles said:

@dinopotato said:
    Hello @Not_Oles
    I just have problem with my PC, its always crash and I did reset it without save the keys, can you change my public keys?, i also make one key in my phone beware its broken again so can you add 2 ssh key?
    Sorry so much because I can make you bored
    First SSH Key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIA2sWwXTRniuAzKho/3KeE4M5OMVz7DJ4Ilaj6irjja/ eddsa-key-20230426
    Second SSH Key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIIgu1NOqMNI7YLdgZRxNyWK1/Jkf6nxjsPoYXdvqoq17
    Again sorry so much because I make you tired about this and thanks for helping me!
    Dino
    You can add me in discord: dinokhoa#5002

Hi Dino!

I added the two new keys to your account. You can remove the two old keys.

Honestly, I am really happy to help you! Things happen! So it's nice that you say you are sorry as a form of politeness, but you really didn't do anything bad. :)

I tried to send you a friend request on Discord, but the request failed. Discord said to check the spelling and the capitalization. Just so you know, Discord isn't faster for me than posting here. :)

Please continue to have fun on the server!

Best!

Tom

Hello Tom
    I just thinking about is there a problem with the first ssh key?
    I wonder the ssh works on my phone but my computer says
    login as: DinoPotato
    Server refused our key
    I just thinking about is my ssh key broken?, and can i add myself another ssh key?
    I did play around with it like setting up QEMU VMs, PuTTY port forwarding and some stuff
    Btw i added you in discord :)
    Good Night!
    Dino

Please try all lower case. All the usernames are entirely lower case: dinopotato

Please let us know if it works with lower case. If not, we can try checking more things until we get it working.

Best wishes!

Sorry for my bad lol
    i just got it working,but in lower case, i just always use Uppercase and its always works, i just dont know linux cares about this lol
    thanks for the supports again,i am so bad in linux so can people teach me more?

Dino

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@Exinjh said:
    Hi, @Not_Oles. I want to get an account in your MetalVPS. I'm 17 years old guy from France. I used Linux only on VMware - Alpine Linux. It's my favourite Linux distro! I want to try creating QEMU-KVM virtual machines, try creating LXC containers and proot-environments. I have nice Linux skill. Here's my SSH key: ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIENxEGH5VonVLWw6nyrfa9idt/mPixNsYMjdrz3iT8oX eddsa-key-20230427. I hope I'll be accepted.

Hi @Exinjh!

Welcome to LES and welcome to MetalVPS! It's great to have someone from France! Please try ssh [email protected] -p 42365.

Please keep in mind:

• Password access has been disabled. You need your key to log in.
    • Your password is in a mode 600 file in your home directory.
    • Your password might be needed later for sudo. But you have not yet been added to the sudo group.
    • Feel free to change your password.
    • You have been added to the kvm group.
    • If you want to make a KVM VPS it is recommended to start with slirp following this tutorial.
    • Alternatives include setting up proot as described earlier in this thread.
    • Additional node configuration might be needed for LXC and non-slirp qemu.
    • Please post your questions and progress reports and tutorials here in this thread. It benefits everyone to help answer everyone else's questions and to learn from everyone else's progress reports and tutorials. So, please post here instead of sending me PMs (except if privacy really is necessary).

I look forward to your posts here in this thread! Thanks again for your interest in MetalVPS!

Best wishes!

Tom

Thanked by (1)Exinjh

• Henlo @Not_Oles Saw this post flying around and would love to get and try out a MetalVPS Account!

Been wanting to learn some Linux (Am a beginner) and wanted to test this out for Qemu and experience with this stuff.

For the ssh key, what type do we need? I assume I could generate from my Linux terminal but...

Thanks.

When will windows finally die and linux takes over?

@NodeSeek用户123 said:
    @Not_Oles I am from the neighboring nodeseek forum. Iam a College student and hope to receive a free MetalVPS to learn and practice.Thanks!:)
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIAeXYRyUCWmkeenKjdgA6yK5NDiRsEfqRhAARoeC61/7

Hi @NodeSeek用户123

Thanks for visiting with us here at LES! Thanks for your interest in MetalVPS! And . . . welcome!

Please try ssh nodeseek用户[email protected] -p 42365

I don't know about the Chinese characters in your fsn.metalvps.com username. It's the first time I ever tried to use Chinese charcters in a username. You can see below the warning from adduser. My guess is probably everything will be okay. So, no worries! If something happens, we will fix it. Please note that I used just lower case Arabic characters. So you are "nodeseek用户[email protected]" instead of "NodeSeek用户[email protected]". :)

Please check these basics:

• Your password might be needed later for sudo. But you have not yet been added to the sudo group.
      • If you want to make a KVM VPS it is recommended to start with slirp following this tutorial.
      • Please post your questions and progress reports and tutorials here in this thread. It benefits everyone to help answer everyone else's questions and to learn from everyone else's progress reports and tutorials. So, please post here instead of sending me PMs (except if privacy really is necessary).

Below I posted a transcript of the creation of your account so you can check my work. :) I hope everything is okay!

Again, please post your questions and progress reports here or at Nodeseek as you prefer. Have fun! Do many great things! Best wishes! ✨💖

Tom

root@fsn ~ # adduser nodeseek用户123
    adduser: To avoid problems, the username should consist only of
                letters, digits, underscores, periods, at signs and dashes, and
                not start with a dash (as defined by IEEE Std 1003.1-2001). For
                compatibility with Samba machine accounts, $ is also supported
                at the end of the username.  (Use the `--allow-all-names' option
                to bypass this restriction.)
    root@fsn ~ # adduser --allow-all-names nodeseek用户123
    Allowing use of questionable username.
    Adding user `nodeseek用户123' ...
    Adding new group `nodeseek用户123' (1025) ...
    Adding new user `nodeseek用户123' (1025) with group `nodeseek用户123 (1025)' ...
    Creating home directory `/home/nodeseek用户123' ...
    Copying files from `/etc/skel' ...
    New password: 
    Retype new password: 
    passwd: password updated successfully
    Changing the user information for nodeseek用户123
    Enter the new value, or press ENTER for the default
            Full Name []: @NodeSeek用户123
            Room Number []: 
            Work Phone []: 
            Home Phone []: 
            Other []: 
    chfn: name with non-ASCII characters: '@NodeSeek用户123'
    Is the information correct? [Y/n] 
    Adding new user `nodeseek用户123' to supplemental / extra groups `users' ...
    Adding user `nodeseek用户123' to group `users' ...
    root@fsn ~ # usermod -aG kvm nodeseek用户123
    root@fsn ~ # root@fsn ~ # cd /home/nodeseek用户123
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123 # touch password
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123 # chmod 600 password 
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123 # chown nodeseek用户123:nodeseek用户123 password 
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123 # ed password 
    a
    REDACTED.
    w
    q
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123 # mkdir .ssh
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123 # chmod 700 .ssh
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123 # chown nodeseek用户123:nodeseek用户123 .ssh/
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123 # cd .ssh
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123/.ssh # touch authorized_keys
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123/.ssh # chmod 600 authorized_keys
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123/.ssh # chown nodeseek用户123:nodeseek用户123 authorized_keys 
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123/.ssh # ed authorized_keys 
    a
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIAeXYRyUCWmkeenKjdgA6yK5NDiRsEfqRhAARoeC61/7

d
    n
    1       ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIAeXYRyUCWmkeenKjdgA6yK5NDiRsEfqRhAARoeC61/7
    w
    q
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123/.ssh # cd ..
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123 # ls -alR
    .:
    total 28
    drwx------  3 nodeseek用户123 nodeseek用户123 4096 Apr 28 00:50 .
    drwxr-xr-x 28 root            root            4096 Apr 28 00:43 ..
    -rw-r--r--  1 nodeseek用户123 nodeseek用户123  220 Apr 28 00:43 .bash_logout
    -rw-r--r--  1 nodeseek用户123 nodeseek用户123 3526 Apr 28 00:43 .bashrc
    -rw-r--r--  1 nodeseek用户123 nodeseek用户123    0 Apr 28 00:43 .cloud-locale-test.skip
    -rw-------  1 nodeseek用户123 nodeseek用户123   17 Apr 28 00:48 password
    -rw-r--r--  1 nodeseek用户123 nodeseek用户123  807 Apr 28 00:43 .profile
    drwx------  2 nodeseek用户123 nodeseek用户123 4096 Apr 28 00:51 .ssh

./.ssh:
    total 12
    drwx------ 2 nodeseek用户123 nodeseek用户123 4096 Apr 28 00:51 .
    drwx------ 3 nodeseek用户123 nodeseek用户123 4096 Apr 28 00:50 ..
    -rw------- 1 nodeseek用户123 nodeseek用户123   81 Apr 28 00:53 authorized_keys
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123 # cat .ssh/authorized_keys 
    root@fsn /home/nodeseek用户123 # cd
    root@fsn ~ # 

Thanked by (1)cpsd

edited April 2023

@dinopotato said:

@Not_Oles said:

@dinopotato said:

@Not_Oles said:

@dinopotato said:
    Hello @Not_Oles
    I just have problem with my PC, its always crash and I did reset it without save the keys, can you change my public keys?, i also make one key in my phone beware its broken again so can you add 2 ssh key?
    Sorry so much because I can make you bored
    First SSH Key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIA2sWwXTRniuAzKho/3KeE4M5OMVz7DJ4Ilaj6irjja/ eddsa-key-20230426
    Second SSH Key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIIgu1NOqMNI7YLdgZRxNyWK1/Jkf6nxjsPoYXdvqoq17
    Again sorry so much because I make you tired about this and thanks for helping me!
    Dino
    You can add me in discord: dinokhoa#5002

Hi Dino!

I added the two new keys to your account. You can remove the two old keys.

Honestly, I am really happy to help you! Things happen! So it's nice that you say you are sorry as a form of politeness, but you really didn't do anything bad. :)

I tried to send you a friend request on Discord, but the request failed. Discord said to check the spelling and the capitalization. Just so you know, Discord isn't faster for me than posting here. :)

Please continue to have fun on the server!

Best!

Tom

Hello Tom
    I just thinking about is there a problem with the first ssh key?
    I wonder the ssh works on my phone but my computer says
    Server refused our key
    I just thinking about is my ssh key broken?, and can i add myself another ssh key?
    I did play around with it like setting up QEMU VMs, PuTTY port forwarding and some stuff
    Btw i added you in discord :)
    Good Night!
    Dino

Please try all lower case. All the usernames are entirely lower case: dinopotato

Please let us know if it works with lower case. If not, we can try checking more things until we get it working.

Best wishes!

Sorry for my bad lol
    i just got it working,but in lower case, i just always use Uppercase and its always works, i just dont know linux cares about this lol
    thanks for the supports again,i am so bad in linux so can people teach me more?

Dino

You call yourself bad. I am clueless.™ We are members of the same club! ♒︎ Please feel free to post your questions! The answers will help you become more bad! <3

• Some people claiming they are from the US but having a writing style that does not fit the description.

Be better at faking, people.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles FrankZ

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @Not_Oles said:

@Exinjh said:
    Hi, @Not_Oles. I want to get an account in your MetalVPS. I'm 17 years old guy from France. I used Linux only on VMware - Alpine Linux. It's my favourite Linux distro! I want to try creating QEMU-KVM virtual machines, try creating LXC containers and proot-environments. I have nice Linux skill. Here's my SSH key: ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIENxEGH5VonVLWw6nyrfa9idt/mPixNsYMjdrz3iT8oX eddsa-key-20230427. I hope I'll be accepted.

Hi @Exinjh!

Welcome to LES and welcome to MetalVPS! It's great to have someone from France! Please try ssh [email protected] -p 42365.

Please keep in mind:

I look forward to your posts here in this thread! Thanks again for your interest in MetalVPS!

Best wishes!

Tom

Wow, thanks!

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Guys, RAM usage is 43 GB/64 GB right now. Do not overload the VPS with VMs.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles
    Dear Tom,

Thank you so much for your kind reply and for the generous gift of MetalVPS! I am very excited to get started and explore all the possibilities.

I apologize for mistakenly setting my username with Chinese characters. I understand that this might cause some issues, but I appreciate your assurance that everything will be okay. I will try to avoid such mistakes in the future.

If possible, I would like to request a change of my VPS username to "QoAoQ". If it is something I can do on my own, please let me know and I won't trouble you further.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your guidance. As a beginner, I have a lot to learn, and I look forward to sharing my progress and questions with the community.

Best regards,

nodeseek用户123

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@NodeSeek用户123 said:
    @Not_Oles
    Dear Tom,

Thank you so much for your kind reply and for the generous gift of MetalVPS! I am very excited to get started and explore all the possibilities.

I apologize for mistakenly setting my username with Chinese characters. I understand that this might cause some issues, but I appreciate your assurance that everything will be okay. I will try to avoid such mistakes in the future.

If possible, I would like to request a change of my VPS username to "QoAoQ". If it is something I can do on my own, please let me know and I won't trouble you further.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your guidance. As a beginner, I have a lot to learn, and I look forward to sharing my progress and questions with the community.

Best regards,

nodeseek用户123

Hi!

Thanks for your messages. If you do not mind, I would prefer us to stick with the Chinese characters in your username for at least a little while. I want to see if we find any interesting issues.

If your username is changed, I think root needs to make the change. Default Debian seems not to like capital letters very much, either, so, when we get there, maybe we can use "qoaoq" (all lower case)?

May I please ask you one more question. Because of the confusion about user freemjj, can you think of a way you could prove that you are not freemjj? :)

Best wishes!

Tom

Hello!

Would the guys running the top five processes please share about (1) what is running, (2) why so much CPU power and memory is needed, and (3) how often that much will be needed?

Thanks!

Tom

root@fsn ~ # date; top -n 1 -b | head -n 15
    Fri Apr 28 04:03:24 AM UTC 2023
    top - 04:03:24 up 14 days,  8:27, 18 users,  load average: 13.95, 15.13, 14.56
    Tasks: 428 total,   2 running, 426 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
    %Cpu(s): 25.0 us,  0.0 sy,  0.0 ni, 55.0 id,  0.0 wa,  0.0 hi,  0.0 si,  0.0 st 
    MiB Mem :  64096.0 total,    422.2 free,  45160.7 used,  19230.1 buff/cache     
    MiB Swap:  32734.0 total,  22107.2 free,  10626.8 used.  18935.3 avail Mem 

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU  %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
    1198663 redacted  20   0   18.6g  13.2g   7136 R  1240  21.2     60,39 qemu-sy+
     171838 redacted  20   0 3273392   1.8g   3672 S 106.7   2.9     44,18 qemu-sy+
    1210731 redacted  20   0 9727288   8.1g   8024 S  26.7  12.9  92:50.34 qemu-sy+
    1209201 redacted  20   0   17.5g  14.8g   7676 S  13.3  23.7  47:29.74 qemu-sy+
     199386 redacted  20   0 4666672   2.8g   3736 S   6.7   4.5     60,25 qemu-sy+
          1 root      20   0  169420   7980   5236 S   0.0   0.0   0:16.83 systemd
          2 root      20   0       0      0      0 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.44 kthreadd
          3 root       0 -20       0      0      0 I   0.0   0.0   0:00.00 rcu_gp
    root@fsn ~ # 

edited April 2023

Yes, a few guys are using the node more heavily than most other guys. But the node has a lot of power!

There is no reason why the load averages need to be near zero all the time. We can let neighbors do their thing, unless their thing is enough heavy use to hurt other neighbors.

Have we reached the limit of the use which should be allowed? Does any neighbor feel that the present heavy use by certain members means getting good performance for other neighbors' needs is challenged?

Thanks very much for your comments on this important issue!

Thanked by (1)cpsd

• @Not_Oles
    Dear Tom,

Thank you for your reply. After careful consideration, I have decided to keep the Chinese characters in my username. As I only intend to use this VPS for learning and practice, I am also curious to see if anything interesting will happen with the Chinese characters. If I encounter any issues, I will be sure to report them to you.😊

I think I can understand your concerns, there are indeed many freemjj on the nodeseek forum. My original intention for joining the forum was simply to learn more about VPS, and nothing more. While I cannot prove that I am not freemjj, I can assure you that I have no intention of engaging in any behavior that might harm or abuse others' goodwill. I do not condone such behavior and would never want to be associated with it.😑

Unfortunately, I cannot publicly share my student ID (even if I have one), as privacy has become a luxury due to the prevalence of hackers. (Recently, my Github account was hacked and I still have no idea how it happened.😭)

Lastly, due to certain policies in China, we are required to use VPN/proxy technology to access some websites and servers. Therefore, our IP address is not fixed and may jump between different countries. Please do not misunderstand - I assure you that this VPS will only be used for my personal learning and will never be sold to anyone else.I have to say, I think all of this can only be based on trust between us.🤣

Thank you again for your patience in answering my questions.

Best regards,

nodeseek用户123

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles said:

@iamvinh123 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@iamvinh123 said: Just got an simple web server working

Sounds great! Congrats! 🤩

Do you want to describe the details of your webserver setup for us? :)

Nope but i think it's preinstalled with Python :)

That's a funny joke! 🌟

It’s not tho
    Also, delete suspended users if you want for saving disk space

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited April 2023

Yo, I've got Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 working in MetalVPS! I'll test performance of my VM (if I allocated so many ram, I can decrease it)

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles said:

@VMCreator said: @dough im sharing this vm with 10-15 people who dont have metalvps or their computer is bad so they cant run vms on their pc. But everyone wants atleast 2GB ram per vm. So thats why im using so much ram and it shouldnt use all 24GB for the vm? Best wishes! Tom

Hi @VMCreator,

I appreciate your telling us that you want to share VMs with other people. Maybe sharing with other people is something best discussed prior to doing it?

Is your name also Tom?

I have taken the liberty of temporarily suspending your account. I would be delighted to reactivate your account, but, first, what do you think about the two questions I asked here? Thanks!

Best wishes!

Tom

Hi @Not_Oles yeah i know that i used a lot of ram for my rdp but i wont run my rdp anymore even if i get my account back. And the reason why i used so much ram for my rdp was that people wanted to run vms, play smaller games, edit videos/photos these tasks take a lot of cpu and ram. Also my name isnt Tom my name in discord is Tom Holland so i messed up with that. Best wishes! Ken

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles said:
    please email to the address on my profile at least four buckets of Antarctic snow plus a print out of your recommendation hand-written and hand-signed in blue ink by the President of the NetBSD Foundation. The Antarctic snow will be especially useful because summer is coming fast here in the Sonoran Desert.

Hi @Not_Oles, I also want free MetalVPS. Please send it to my home address. I do not have Antarctic snow, but do you accept freshly made yellow snow as payment?

On a serious note, you should run a monitor script to check the server load periodically since you are sharing it publicly. Something simple like check server load, if the load is beyond a specified number, save a snapshot of the running processes and email it to you. A simple shell script should be able to do it.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• @Not_Oles also i have a good linux experience like debian, fedora, alpine linux and QEMU
    I also create a Windows VPS in MetalVPS if u give it.
    and my ssh key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIGsfERa5YdG/YS0oV/SdDcncgf+fKtrkut1gKujox302
    I want you to have a nice day!
    Bye!

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles
    Dear Tom,

I am writing to express my deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused due to my forgetfulness. As you may know,I deeply regret to inform you that I have forgotten the passphrase for my key, which has made it impossible for me to log in.😭😭😭

After researching online, I have come to understand that the only solution to this problem is to generate a new key pair. However, I am not entirely sure if my understanding is correct. Would I need to provide a new ssh-ed25519 key and have you delete/recreate the old VPS? Here is my new ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIPNnK+sbUmMJyhrvJgBMWYDkJ+WZjLBHq+28z9GnoY4v

I realize that this mistake is purely my fault and I take full responsibility for my actions. As a beginner in this field, I still have much to learn and many mistakes to make. I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me and guide me through this process.🥺🥺🥺

Thank you for your understanding and assistance in this matter.🫡

Sincerely,

nodeseek用户123

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • I just got Apache2 web server working on MetalVPS with QEMU Port Forwarding!

What's next? Probably I will try to set up an OpenVPN server or a Proxmox server.

@Not_Oles said:
    If Apache were set up on the node, then everybody could have a /home/$neighbor/www subdirectory which could be served by Apache. :)

Does anyone else like this idea?

It's actually a good idea!

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Can I get a VPS for no particular purpose, just wanna burst the newest i9 core

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

smartass shitposting satirist

• edited April 2023

@Not_Oles said:

@dough said:
    Some server resources will be used for installing gentoo in a vm. Sorry for anything bad happening

Please share with us the PID of the Gentoo qemu instance. Thanks!

PID for the longest running qemu instance (of the gentoo install) (for now) at 15:54 in Romanian time is 1221767

I know that im using quite a lot of ram (10gigs) and quite a bit of processing power but thats kinda required if you want to compile gentoo smoothly so :shrug:

EDIT: Oh wow, thats a lot of processing power that its using

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

http://dough.h4ck.me/ - we gonna get out of mcdonalds with this one!!!

• hi @not_oles!
    I want to try out your MetalVPS for livestreaming via OBS Studio
    I'm from Egypt

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Hey @Not_Oles Can you please change my ssh key to ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIOFQmGObRXJDh4ghN1NlrrxFWHW5PKBg8ByUAJ8WsuCy as I forgot to save my private key also I sent another post of requesting but you did not reply.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@zemethemaxim said:
    Henlo @Not_Oles Saw this post flying around and would love to get and try out a MetalVPS Account!

Been wanting to learn some Linux (Am a beginner) and wanted to test this out for Qemu and experience with this stuff.

For the ssh key, what type do we need? I assume I could generate from my Linux terminal but...

Thanks.

Hello! This post is receiving attention in the background. I wish you a good day @zemethemaxim! Tom

@iamvinh123 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@iamvinh123 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@iamvinh123 said: Just got an simple web server working

Sounds great! Congrats! 🤩

Do you want to describe the details of your webserver setup for us? :)

Nope but i think it's preinstalled with Python :)

That's a funny joke! 🌟

It’s not tho
    Also, delete suspended users if you want for saving disk space

In the image you posted I saw the Python command you used to launch your web server. Maybe you did not yet make an index.html page. :) It's okay! I am glad you are enjoying the server!

You are right! I have not deleted suspended users yet. Thanks for the suggestion! Right now we still have 1.2T available. You are welcome to use as much space as you need.

Thanks for using MetalVPS! <3

root@fsn ~ # date; df -h .
    Fri Apr 28 06:16:41 PM UTC 2023
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/md4        3.4T  2.1T  1.2T  65% /
    root@fsn ~ # 

@Exinjh said: Yo, I've got Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 working in MetalVPS! I'll test performance of my VM (if I allocated so many ram, I can decrease it)

Thanks for your report and for the screenshot! I think everything is okay for now. But when you are done testing, maybe decrease the resources you are using to not more than actually needed. Give the other guys a chance! :)

@VMCreator said:

@Not_Oles said:

@VMCreator said: @dough im sharing this vm with 10-15 people who dont have metalvps or their computer is bad so they cant run vms on their pc. But everyone wants atleast 2GB ram per vm. So thats why im using so much ram and it shouldnt use all 24GB for the vm? Best wishes! Tom

Hi @VMCreator,

I appreciate your telling us that you want to share VMs with other people. Maybe sharing with other people is something best discussed prior to doing it?

Is your name also Tom?

I have taken the liberty of temporarily suspending your account. I would be delighted to reactivate your account, but, first, what do you think about the two questions I asked here? Thanks!

Best wishes!

Tom

Hi @Not_Oles yeah i know that i used a lot of ram for my rdp but i wont run my rdp anymore even if i get my account back. And the reason why i used so much ram for my rdp was that people wanted to run vms, play smaller games, edit videos/photos these tasks take a lot of cpu and ram. Also my name isnt Tom my name in discord is Tom Holland so i messed up with that. Best wishes! Ken

Please invite me ( Not_Oles#5467 ) to the Discord where you are talking with all these other people who are using your VMCreator VMs?

My memory isn't so good today -- weren't you one of the guys who said he was a teenager? Thirteen, maybe? :)

I haven't decided yet whether to reactivate your MetalVPS account. But, how could people be upset with you when you explain what you were doing and why?

Have a good day! Best wishes!