Free MetalVPS Intel i9-13900 Traditional Shell Account! Make Your Own VPSes!

Comments

• @NgocNguyen8372 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@NgocNguyen8372 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@NgocNguyen8372 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@NgocNguyen8372 said:
    Hi I am NgocNguyen
    I would love to try this vps so I can run VM and stuff thanks!
    ssh-ed25519 255 SHA256:e30mHWxpbhrOM6KszuRyUu6HgSiaEYIQZOUNyB0xPc4

Hi @NgocNguyen8372!

Welcome to LES! Welcome to MetalVPS!

Maybe you could work on your ssh key some more? I think the format might need adjustment.

Hopefully we can talk more soon. It will be good to have you on the server!

Best!

Tom

@Not_Oles said:

@NgocNguyen8372 said:
    Hi I am NgocNguyen

Hi sorry for putting the wrong format
    Here the right one

ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAINJuWhz2Bdz1oMXWkhqOgdRQQL4/ntWtNyfUt9NqhrkF eddsa-key-20230429

Also sorry for long wait

Hi @NgocNguyen8372!

Your key looks okay now. Thanks for the update.

Since you are new here at LES, would you like to introduce yourself? I'm sure everybody would be glad to hear a little about who (Ngoc Nguyen?) and where you are, your education, work, hobbies, etc. What are your computer interests? What do you want to do on the server?

Again, welcome to LES and to MetalVPS!

Best wishes!

Tom

I’m Ngoc Nguyen
    I’m from Hanoi, Vietnam
    My education is grade 11
    My hobbies is to play roblox and mess around with computer stuff
    My interest is to be able learn something on vm
    And I love to have a vps myself

Hi @NgocNguyen8372!

Welcome aboard at MetalVPS! Hope you have fun with your new account!

Here you can check my work:

root@fsn /home/ngocnguyen # ls -alR
    .:
    total 28
    drwx------  3 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen 4096 Apr 30 01:37 .
    drwxr-xr-x 30 root       root       4096 Apr 30 01:35 ..
    -rw-r--r--  1 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen  220 Apr 30 01:35 .bash_logout
    -rw-r--r--  1 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen 3526 Apr 30 01:35 .bashrc
    -rw-r--r--  1 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen    0 Apr 30 01:35 .cloud-locale-test.skip
    -rw-------  1 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen   17 Apr 30 01:37 password
    -rw-r--r--  1 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen  807 Apr 30 01:35 .profile
    drwx------  2 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen 4096 Apr 30 01:38 .ssh

./.ssh:
    total 12
    drwx------ 2 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen 4096 Apr 30 01:38 .
    drwx------ 3 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen 4096 Apr 30 01:37 ..
    -rw------- 1 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen  100 Apr 30 01:40 authorized_keys
    root@fsn /home/ngocnguyen # cat .ssh/authorized_keys 
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAINJuWhz2Bdz1oMXWkhqOgdRQQL4/ntWtNyfUt9NqhrkF eddsa-key-20230429
    root@fsn /home/ngocnguyen # 

Here, again, are some basics:

• Password access has been disabled. You need your key to log in.
    • Your password is in a mode 600 file in your home directory.
    • Your password might be needed later for sudo. But you have not yet been added to the sudo group.
    • Feel free to change your password.
    • You have been added to the kvm group.
    • If you want to make a KVM VPS it is recommended to start with slirp following this tutorial.
    • Alternatives include setting up proot as described earlier in this thread.
    • Additional node configuration might be needed for LXC and non-slirp qemu.
    • Please post your questions and progress reports and tutorials here in this thread. It benefits everyone to help answer everyone else's questions and to learn from everyone else's progress reports and tutorials. So, please post here instead of sending me PMs (although PMs are okay if privacy really is necessary).

It's wonderful to have you as our new neighbor! Thank you for joining! <3

Best wishes!

Tom

Thank but where do I login

PuTTY (if you generated the key with it) or OpenSSH (the preinstalled SSH client in Linux and Windows 10/11, you don't need to add the key since it will add for you if you generated the key with it)

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@Wonder_Woman said:

@NgocNguyen8372 said:

I imagine it would be

ssh [email protected] -p 42365

Yes. Sorry! I should have included the login. :)

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

@iamvinh123 said:

@NgocNguyen8372 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@NgocNguyen8372 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@NgocNguyen8372 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@NgocNguyen8372 said:
    Hi I am NgocNguyen

Hi @NgocNguyen8372!

Welcome to LES! Welcome to MetalVPS!

Maybe you could work on your ssh key some more? I think the format might need adjustment.

Hopefully we can talk more soon. It will be good to have you on the server!

Best!

Tom

@Not_Oles said:

@NgocNguyen8372 said:
    Hi I am NgocNguyen

Hi sorry for putting the wrong format
    Here the right one

Also sorry for long wait

Hi @NgocNguyen8372!

Your key looks okay now. Thanks for the update.

Since you are new here at LES, would you like to introduce yourself? I'm sure everybody would be glad to hear a little about who (Ngoc Nguyen?) and where you are, your education, work, hobbies, etc. What are your computer interests? What do you want to do on the server?

Again, welcome to LES and to MetalVPS!

Best wishes!

Tom

I’m Ngoc Nguyen
    I’m from Hanoi, Vietnam
    My education is grade 11
    My hobbies is to play roblox and mess around with computer stuff
    My interest is to be able learn something on vm
    And I love to have a vps myself

Hi @NgocNguyen8372!

Welcome aboard at MetalVPS! Hope you have fun with your new account!

Here you can check my work:

root@fsn /home/ngocnguyen # ls -alR
    .:
    total 28
    drwx------  3 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen 4096 Apr 30 01:37 .
    drwxr-xr-x 30 root       root       4096 Apr 30 01:35 ..
    -rw-r--r--  1 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen  220 Apr 30 01:35 .bash_logout
    -rw-r--r--  1 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen 3526 Apr 30 01:35 .bashrc
    -rw-r--r--  1 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen    0 Apr 30 01:35 .cloud-locale-test.skip
    -rw-------  1 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen   17 Apr 30 01:37 password
    -rw-r--r--  1 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen  807 Apr 30 01:35 .profile
    drwx------  2 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen 4096 Apr 30 01:38 .ssh

./.ssh:
    total 12
    drwx------ 2 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen 4096 Apr 30 01:38 .
    drwx------ 3 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen 4096 Apr 30 01:37 ..
    -rw------- 1 ngocnguyen ngocnguyen  100 Apr 30 01:40 authorized_keys
    root@fsn /home/ngocnguyen # cat .ssh/authorized_keys 
    root@fsn /home/ngocnguyen # 

Here, again, are some basics:

• Password access has been disabled. You need your key to log in.
    • Your password is in a mode 600 file in your home directory.
    • Your password might be needed later for sudo. But you have not yet been added to the sudo group.
    • Feel free to change your password.
    • You have been added to the kvm group.
    • If you want to make a KVM VPS it is recommended to start with slirp following this tutorial.
    • Alternatives include setting up proot as described earlier in this thread.
    • Additional node configuration might be needed for LXC and non-slirp qemu.
    • Please post your questions and progress reports and tutorials here in this thread. It benefits everyone to help answer everyone else's questions and to learn from everyone else's progress reports and tutorials. So, please post here instead of sending me PMs (although PMs are okay if privacy really is necessary).

It's wonderful to have you as our new neighbor! Thank you for joining! <3

Best wishes!

Tom

PuTTY (if you generated the key with it) or OpenSSH (the preinstalled SSH client in Linux and Windows 10/11, you don't need to add the key since it will add for you if you generated the key with it)

Looks like good advice! Thanks @iamvinh123!

• @Not_Oles said:

@Wonder_Woman said:

@NgocNguyen8372 said:

I imagine it would be

Thank you so much. Can you add me into Sudo please I love install macOS

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited April 2023

@NgocNguyen8372 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@Wonder_Woman said:

@NgocNguyen8372 said:

I imagine it would be

Thank you so much. Can you add me into Sudo please I love install macOS

Apart from the legality of this (as I'm not sure how legal it is), you don't need Sudo privileges for this, as everything needed for this can be run with QEMU-KVM as a normal user. (Depending on the instructions you follow for installing a Hackintosh virtual machine, commands may need to be modified).

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles im waiting for 1 week but u dont create my account :(
    Why?

• @Yqua said:

@SySSamin said:
    Hi @Not_Oles
    I want to get MetalVPS for Server Hosting
    SSH key: ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIMXxrJ2226g8KPky2Zg1PEjjIsRUXF/aI9+HGun5tkdv eddsa-key-20230429

Hello SysSamin,

can you tell us a little bit about yourself and what you want to use MetalVPS for?

I'm helping @Not_Oles out with MetalVPS, as an volunteer system administrator, due to the increase in users.

Hello. So I want to use Metal VPS for Testing a Minecraft Server like how to make it put plugins and use it. since my laptop is low end I can't do that.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited April 2023

@Yqua hey, can u create an MetalVPS Account for me?
    cuz @Not_Oles didnt create me an Account :disappointed:
    And my ssh key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIGsfERa5YdG/YS0oV/SdDcncgf+fKtrkut1gKujox302
    And if u create an MetalVPS account, i'll be install windows 10 for coding in vs code

• @EfeeUser said:
    @Yqua hey, can u create an MetalVPS Account for me?
    cuz @Not_Oles didnt create me an Account :disappointed:
    And my ssh key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIGsfERa5YdG/YS0oV/SdDcncgf+fKtrkut1gKujox302
    And if u create an MetalVPS account, i'll be install windows 10 for coding in vs code

@EfeeUser I won't create an account for you. You have to wait for @Not_Oles to reply to you. I'm sure he has good reasons why he hasn't created an account for you yet.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Yqua @Not_Oles - user @EfeeUser has been banned from LES for two weeks for continuing dick'ish/spamming behavior in this thread and disregarding previous warnings.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Hello!
    I would like to get an account.
    I'm interested on Linux and KVM i want to learn about pci passthough i want to try qemu-kvm
    also i'm a thai high school student and now learning about iot and many thing

Here is my SSH key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAID71Dl57AX6v6eTc8pMzwa7bnxj8IXiE5mk6YZX+NmOi pun@DESKTOP-4PDT144

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @FrankZ said:
    @Yqua @Not_Oles - user @EfeeUser has been banned from LES for two weeks for continuing dick'ish/spamming behavior in this thread and disregarding previous warnings.

Thanked by (3)Yqua FrankZ sh97

@SySSamin said:

@Yqua said:

@SySSamin said:
    Hi @Not_Oles
    I want to get MetalVPS for Server Hosting
    SSH key: ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIMXxrJ2226g8KPky2Zg1PEjjIsRUXF/aI9+HGun5tkdv eddsa-key-20230429

Hello SysSamin,

can you tell us a little bit about yourself and what you want to use MetalVPS for?

I'm helping @Not_Oles out with MetalVPS, as an volunteer system administrator, due to the increase in users.

Hello. So I want to use Metal VPS for Testing a Minecraft Server like how to make it put plugins and use it. since my laptop is low end I can't do that.

Hi @SySSamin!

Thanks for your request! Your request is welcome, and I am trying to consider it carefully.

I wish you had included more information about yourself and your education and your experience. Also, I wonder about what brand and model laptop you are using. Could you please share more details?

I wonder about the plugin you want to make for Minecraft. Could you share specific details about what you want your plugin to do?

For somebody like me, who is clueless™ about Windows, Minecraft, and Java, Google found me this 2020 guide to Minecraft plugin development. Is this guide okay, or is there another guide which you would recommend?

How can I better understand details about you and about what you want to do on the server?

Best wishes!

Tom

@Pan2018iop said:
    Hello!
    I'm interested on Linux and KVM i want to learn about pci passthough i want to try qemu-kvm

Here is my SSH key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAID71Dl57AX6v6eTc8pMzwa7bnxj8IXiE5mk6YZX+NmOi pun@DESKTOP-4PDT144

Hi @Pan2018iop!

Thanks for your request!

If you had to provide evidence showing that you are a Thai high school student, what evidence could you provide?

What got you interested in PCI passthrough?

What got you interested in iot?

Google found me a guide to non-root PCI passthrough at https://www.evonide.com/non-root-gpu-passthrough-setup/ but I had to use Google cache to read the page. The page has a February 8, 2016 date. Do you have a guide to non-root PCI passthrough which you recommend?

Thanks again for your request and for your interest in MetalVPS!

Best wishes!

Tom

@Exinjh said:

@Not_Oles said:

@Exinjh said: Yo, I've got Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 working in MetalVPS! I'll test performance of my VM (if I allocated so many ram, I can decrease it)

Thanks for your report and for the screenshot! I think everything is okay for now. But when you are done testing, maybe decrease the resources you are using to not more than actually needed. Give the other guys a chance! :)

Sure! I will decrease my resources!

root@fsn ~ # date; top -n 1 -b | head -n 9
    Sun Apr 30 08:31:41 PM UTC 2023
    top - 20:31:42 up 1 day, 22:00,  9 users,  load average: 14.04, 13.24, 11.27
    Tasks: 407 total,   3 running, 404 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
    %Cpu(s): 30.0 us,  0.0 sy,  0.0 ni, 40.0 id,  0.0 wa,  0.0 hi,  0.0 si,  0.0 st 
    MiB Mem :  64098.1 total,    394.5 free,  35049.3 used,  29372.1 buff/cache     
    MiB Swap:  32734.0 total,  26356.5 free,   6377.5 used.  29048.7 avail Mem 

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU  %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
      53929 zeyad     20   0 9786.6m   8.1g  15128 R 800.0  12.9  69:19.03 qemu-sy+
      51394 exinjh    20   0   10.0g   7.9g  13800 R 740.0  12.7     23,22 qemu-sy+
    root@fsn ~ # 

@zeyad @Exinjh

I think it is okay for you guys to run a lot of powerful stuff, but, what exactly are you running? Why? And for how long? :)

The more energy you devote to answering my questions, the more energy you can use on the node! And for longer.

Best wishes! :)

Tom

• @Not_Oles said:

@Pan2018iop said:
    Hello!

Here is my SSH key:

Hi @Pan2018iop!

Thanks for your request!

If you had to provide evidence showing that you are a Thai high school student, what evidence could you provide?

Google found me a guide to non-root PCI passthrough at https://www.evonide.com/non-root-gpu-passthrough-setup/ but I had to use Google cache to read the page. The page has a February 8, 2016 date. Do you have a guide to non-root PCI passthrough which you recommend?

Best wishes!

Tom

What PCI device are you trying to passthrough?
    Is the PCI device available on the MetalVPS machine?
    If not, would you be able to provide the device to the datacenter that the machine is physically in, and hire someone to install it?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

The all seeing eye sees everything...

edited April 2023

@Not_Oles said:

@Exinjh said:

@Not_Oles said:

@Exinjh said: Yo, I've got Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 working in MetalVPS! I'll test performance of my VM (if I allocated so many ram, I can decrease it)

Thanks for your report and for the screenshot! I think everything is okay for now. But when you are done testing, maybe decrease the resources you are using to not more than actually needed. Give the other guys a chance! :)

root@fsn ~ # 

@zeyad @Exinjh

I think it is okay for you guys to run a lot of powerful stuff, but, what exactly are you running? Why? And for how long? :)

The more energy you devote to answering my questions, the more energy you can use on the node! And for longer.

Tom

Hello!

Both @zeyad's and @Exinjh's VMs seem gone, but there has been no reply here. Both accounts have been suspended temporarily while we await their replies here. Sorry, guys, for the inconvenience!

It's okay for neighbors to use the resources of the server heavily. I ask that people please post, in advance of heavy use, about what they are doing and why and how long it will take.

Best wishes to everyone!

Tom

• edited April 2023

I just did an Windows 10 Installer speedrun, thats a good point,its took me about 4 mins to install,i will improve the time for more lol
    Who think can beat me try to do it
    Thanks @Not_Oles for super fast machine to do this run lol

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@dinopotato said:
    I just did an Windows 10 Installer speedrun, thats a good point,its took me about 4 mins to install,i will improve the time for more lol
    Who think can beat me try to do it
    Thanks @Not_Oles for super fast machine to do this run lol

Thanks @dinopotato ! It's fun to have you using the server! 👏

• edited May 2023

Windows XP but it's on RAM

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
    edited May 2023

@iamvinh123 Installing in RAM is fun! I just got another server with 128GB of RAM, so more memory based installs might be possible on the other server. It doesn't have anyone using it yet besides me. It's an i9-9900K, so the processor is maybe only half as fast as this i9-13900 server for some tasks, but it has double the RAM. If you want to try it, let me know. :)

@dinopotato Have you tried installing Linux yet? :) You don't have to blow away your Windows install. If you want to try Linux, just make a second VM. :)

• @Not_Oles said:
    @iamvinh123 Installing in RAM is fun! I just got another server with 128GB of RAM, so more memory based installs might be possible on the other server. It doesn't have anyone using it yet besides me. It's an i9-9900K, so the processor is maybe only half as fast as this i9-13900 server for some tasks, but it has double the RAM. If you want to try it, let me know. :)

@dinopotato Have you tried installing Linux yet? :) You don't have to blow away your Windows install. If you want to try Linux, just make a second VM. :)

What's the new server specs? :)

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@iamvinh123 said: What's the new server specs?

• @Not_Oles said:

@iamvinh123 said: What's the new server specs?

Alr
    Can I try it out?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited May 2023

@Not_Oles said:

@Exinjh said:

@Not_Oles said:

root@fsn ~ # 

@zeyad @Exinjh

Tom

Hi Very sorry am using a lot of resources currently qemu vm which is the only thing I do in metalvps has 8 core and 8 GB ram the moment you captured was I probably running a heavy game on Qemu VM and I setted up rdpwrapper so I and my friend can connect

Please tell me I need to lower resoruces
    If am running something heavy it wont be for long am very sorry btw

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @NotRealZeyad said:
    Hi Very sorry am using a lot of resources currently qemu vm which is the only thing I do in metalvps has 8 core and 8 GB ram the moment you captured was I probably running a heavy game on Qemu VM and I setted up rdpwrapper so I and my friend can connect

Hi. Can you have with rdpwrapper two different windows users at the same time connected to the VM?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited May 2023

@Not_Oles said:

@Exinjh said:

@Not_Oles said:

root@fsn ~ # 

@zeyad @Exinjh

Tom

Oh, sorry. I runned benchmarks, and VM in VM (to test the performance of nested virtualization). Again, very sorry for using so many resources. I think it's because I allocated 8 cores for VM, i'll decrease my specs if you will resume my account.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @cpsd said:

@NotRealZeyad said:

Hi. Can you have with rdpwrapper two different windows users at the same time connected to the VM?

Yeah you can get install rdpwrapper on ur qemu VM and invite your friends to it just don't have so many people there as it might take up some resources

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles said:

@Pan2018iop said:
    Hello!

Here is my SSH key:

Hi @Pan2018iop!

Thanks for your request!

Best wishes!

Tom

Q: What got you interested in iot?
    A: I seen many video in youtube that about iot so that why i am interested iot
    Q:If you had to provide evidence showing that you are a Thai high school student, what evidence could you provide?
    A: My name is Pannarat Wiriyaarritham Student in phitsanulok pittayakom school Grade 9
    Q:What got you interested in PCI passthrough?
    A: Because i want to do gpu passthrough and i passthrough many thing like wifi card lan card
    The old SSH key: Can not be use now
    Here the new key
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIKZo/2iD0bQFLUeyWHO+4PiIXckqWoYkmzVsfuRaBzrW administrator@WIN-HP5SS4NN3PO

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@iamvinh123 said: Can I try it out?

Yeah, sure. I will set you up. Please give me a day or two to check some stuff. :) I will let you know. :)