Free MetalVPS Intel i9-13900 Traditional Command Line Shell Accounts!
Free MetalVPS Intel i9-13900 Traditional Command Line Shell Accounts!
Friendly greetings to all! 🌎🌍
What You Get From MetalVPS!
New MetalVPS Neighbors receive a traditional command line shell account. Experienced Neighbors with additional privileges can create their own chroots, LXC containers, KVM VPSes, and much more, all directly from their command line shell accounts! 🎁
MetalVPS sometimes has more than one Node.
@Not_Oles is looking for another Node located in the US, on the West Coast, with great connections to Asia.
All Node resources are available for fair use. 🐷
More About MetalVPS!
@Not_Oles pays Hetzner € 89.00 per month, approximately US$ 96.19, for the i9-13900 Node. 💰
MetalVPS is @Not_Oles' way of expressing appreciation to the wonderful Low End community for all the fun @Not_Oles enjoys here. Yes, it indeed is very fun to play with and learn about servers, operating systems, and the internet.
It seems better to offer extra bare metal server capacity to others than to waste it. @Not_Oles' own server requirements are so minimal that he easily could use just a free cloud account. But, that wouldn't be metal, would it?
It seems better to keep everything as open and as transparent as possible. Hence, MetalVPS enjoys its commitments to 100% open source, free or libre software, and to public discussion.
"For a little while longer I can enjoy renting my own fast, bare metal servers, even though I am using only 1% or 2% of their capacity. It's great with me if a few nice folks come aboard alongside." 💖
i9-13900 Node Specifications
Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-13900 Processor
Memory: 64 GB DDR5 ECC RAM M324R4GA3BB0-CQK(DDR5 ECC) | DRAM | Samsung Semiconductor Global
Disks: 2 x 1.92 TB NVMe SSD Datacenter Edition (RAID 0) SAMSUNG MZQL21T9HCJR-00A07 PCIe Gen 4
Network: 1 x IPv4, 1 x IPv6 /64
Bandwidth: 1 Gbps unmetered, fair use
Enjoy the GeekBench 6 3049 Single Core and 17551 Multi Core performance!
More About The i9-13900 Node Hardware
Terms of Service
- Thank you for running only 100% open source free or libre software at MetalVPS!
- MetalVPS is not intended to be a stable platform for long running applications.
- No warranty, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- No service level agreement.
- Not for business use.
- No transfer of MetalVPS account or sub-accounts.
- New Neighbors will not automatically be added to the kvm group or to /etc/sub[ug]id.
- Fair use.
- No spam, porn, hate, prejudice, malware, copyright violations, public proxies, traffic exchange, etc.
- Accounts are subject to cancellation at any time, for any reason, for no reason at all, and without any advance notice.
- Terms of Service are subject to change at any time.
- @Not_Oles' personal opinion determines Terms of Service term definitions.
- All Hetzner Terms of Service also apply, including, prohibition of:
- Operating applications that are used to mine crypto currencies
- The scanning of foreign networks or foreign IP addresses
- Manually changing the hardware address (MAC)
- The use of fake source IPs
- Additional Hetzner Terms and Conditions
@Not_Oles is especially clueless™ about Debian. 🤗
Hey! The i9-13900 Node usually runs Debian sid unstable! 🤩 And, it's RAID 0! 😭
The i9-13900 Node's integrated graphics processor is not presently enabled. 😵
Sometimes trusted MetalVPSians might or might not get sudo. 🙈🙉🙊
MetalVPS has no billing panel and no server control panel. It's all command line until you install the GUI that you want. 🆕
MetalVPS has no onboarding and no knowledge base. ♒︎
Account delivery might take awhile! 😴
Intended especially for computer learning and fun! 🤑
White Hat stuff only, please! 👍
@Not_Oles tries to keep the system updated. Frequent maintenance reboots are guaranteed! 🌺
Please make your own redundant, offsite backups! It's easy to download or sync or clone your backup to a safe place. Please also make sure that you actually can restore from your backups! Please think of your MetalVPS account as ephemeral! Your Node might blow up! 💥 At any random second @Not_Oles or maybe you might reinstall the Node! 🤦♂️
Other MetalVPSians can see your account name, some of the processes you are running, and much other information. So, please do not put confidential information on the server. 🤔
MetalVPS Neighbors are expected both to monitor and to contribute actively to this thread or to the companion Nodeseek thread. 🍔
How To Sign Up
Please post in this thread or in the companion thread at Nodeseek.
Please indicate your desire to join MetalVPS and your use case for the server. Please include your ed25519 ssh public key in your request. Please add any additional information you wish about yourself and about your education and experience. If you wish to provide ID verification (optional) and references (optional), these can be emailed to [email protected].
Except for optional ID verification and references, Private Messages ("PMs") and emails concerning Sign Up are discouraged. Please post in the public thread.
MetalVPS will consider your
- Forum account longevity and contributions,
- your use case for the server,
- whether ed25519 ssh public key is available,
- additional information about yourself,
- your education and experience,
- your website,
- your online activity,
- code contributions to free and libre software projects,
- ID verification, and
- Please post in this thread or in the companion thread at Nodeseek. For support requests, both Private Messages ("PMs") and emails are discouraged.
- MetalVPS uses Migadu for email. Thus, emails will at least pass through and probably will be stored at Migadu. Emails can be encrypted for additional privacy. MetalVPS stores, in plain text on @Not_Oles' Chromebook, a local working copy of some emails and other server Neighbor data, such as passwords and server logs. @Not_Oles also keeps a local, plain text backup on a removable hard disk.
Additional Contact Channels
Financial Contributions To LES and Nodeseek
- Please send financial contributions to LES and to Nodeseek. Please tell LES and Nodeseek that you contributed partly because MetalVPS is here.
What People Are Saying
- About MetalVPS
". . . very passionate and enthusiastic about everything. Not all businesses are made this way and it's very easy to see when you interact with them. You are giving the right impression with this industry and it's wonderful to see."
"I think MetalVPS is designed in between a dedicated and a regular VPS. Some use case cannot fill the capacity of a dedicated but need more CPU than a regular VPS, and it makes sense to use MetalVPS in such situation."
- About Not_Oles
"Possibly the most polite and enthusiastic personality in the entire LE* world with a genuine interest that runs so deep he even set up a business exclusively catering for LES. as a regular content writer for LES his articles frequently top the charts in terms of most viewed (according to google)"
Tom gets a lot of help from the friendly MetalVPSians and from many other friends.
Thanks again and best wishes! 🇺🇸🗽🇲🇽🏜️🇫🇮🇩🇪🇹🇼🇨🇳
I hope everyone gets the servers they want!