i5-10500T - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB NVMe - 1Gbps Unmetered - $38 Dedi // Quiet launch, read more inside...

2»

Comments

• @crunchbits said: You did not. It's on pause for a day or three--forgot we had something staged already with OGF. It'll be slightly better when it goes up here anyways.

Now that things are a little quiet (nice work on the profile verification step - I guess that reduces things to a considerably manageable and clean level?), any hope of an LES exclusive as promised?

@FAT32 said: Patience is virtue... let me wait here

Seconded! Happy to wait esp. when the quality is worth the wait.

Thanks in advance...

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Hosting Provider

@RyanGelinas said:
    It's been a hot minute since I got the console part to work on Intel AMT, but I do remember that with that you need to have either a monitor or an HDMI dummy plug installed, otherwise the kvm part always shows a black screen. It seemed to work ok after that

Yeah, about mirrors what we discovered too. Still a little worried about using it for production. Mostly it's been waiting on us porting a custom ipmi-->amt bridge into C to run all the multithreaded requests nicely, make sure it does what it is supposed to do. AMT still has some funky hiccups with 'boot to pxe' and status reports that aren't overall a huge issue but if we don't document them ahead of time in big bold letters will create a support nightmare.

@Jab said:
    I have no idea when this was posted and I don't care - I still don't see any photos!
    ping -t @crunchbits we demand photos!

Still haven't grabbed the final rack, but here is what the testing units looked like:

"")

@nullnothere said:

@FAT32 said: Patience is virtue... let me wait here

Seconded! Happy to wait esp. when the quality is worth the wait.

Thanks in advance...

Yep. In full transparency: we had our asses kicked on demand for that deal. It really wasn't what I was expecting. Not even related to OGF, it's because the deal was shared to hostloc & nodeseek and beyond within 30 minutes. It didn't help that we ran into a completely unexpected/undocumented bug with deployment which created a race condition and basically atrocious QoS until we found and fixed the issue, racked 2x the hardware, migrated everyone over to the new stuff, made sure it was good, and then filled the backlog of verified requests. Couple that with about a hundred or two tickets of "my friend gets this speed but i dont, wtf!!!" and I basically blew past all our expected racking timelines this week.

I'll put the LES exclusive version up this evening. Today was mostly spending some much-needed off-screen family time.

• Is it possible to enroll a wait-list for this server.... I really want this tho..