Anyone tried Cuberite Minecraft Server on Android?

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited September 20 in General

Just found out about this Open Source lightweight Minecraft Server that can be run on Android (also Linux and other OS):
https://github.com/cuberite/android

It's also on F-Droid.

Good way to recycle old phone :)

Comments

• Yes, cuberite is great except it doesn't support newer Minecraft versions. There's an open PR but there's still many open points.
    I've once used it on Android but networking was difficult to set it up in connection with other servers and a proxy. I use it an alpine now.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • edited September 20

@webcraft said:
    Yes, cuberite is great except it doesn't support newer Minecraft versions. There's an open PR but there's still many open points.
    I've once used it on Android but networking was difficult to set it up in connection with other servers and a proxy. I use it an alpine now.

I found a lot of diversity for the keyword Alpine. Can you share some links for the rest of us nubs? Myself included. Thank you!

• edited 12:21AM

@huntercop said:

@webcraft said:
    Yes, cuberite is great except it doesn't support newer Minecraft versions. There's an open PR but there's still many open points.

I found a lot of diversity for the keyword Alpine. Can you share some links for the rest of us nubs? Myself included. Thank you!

You mean Alpine Linux or can you please elaborate your specific question? You can compile cuberite there just like any other c-programm.

• Host it on Termux!

I have an android with Termux and NordVPN’s free Meshnet feature that allows me to pretty much do anything I want with it on a LAN level (you could configure a GRE or use Playit if you wanna have that running publicly)

Right now, I have it running on a Redmi 12 I got for free from my mobile carrier and it has termux-desktop, a 1.21.1 Paper Minecraft Server and Bluemap and the android system behind all of this is still very much usable.