Hetzner DNS Hosting.

2»

Comments

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Hosting ProviderOG

@Nyr said: Hetzner usually removes inactive accounts after a while, am I right?

Wouldn't this happen if a non customer otherwise uses the DNS service or if a previous customer migrates his paid services away while keeping the DNS entries?

With DNS being a critical service, I just wanted to ask. Big providers like Rackspace have this issue for example.

That's an interesting question, and I don't know the answer to it. I'll pass it onto the Robot team and see what they say. --Katie

Thanked by (1)Nyr

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.

@Nyr - I got a really quick answer from our Robot team leader. No, we won't delete an account even if there are just free DNS entries on it and you have no other paid products/services with us. This is also true even if it is just one DNS entry. --Katie

Thanked by (2)Nyr _MS_

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.

• @Hetzner_OL Any plans for supportinng DNSSEC?
    ANAME records? (Tried editing zone manually, but would not let me enter ANAME ...)
    :)

@flips To the best of my knowledge, there are not any plans to add support for DNSSEC or ANAME in the near future. --Katie

Thanked by (1)flips

• @Hetzner_OL I know the response is probably going to be no, but I'll ask anyway:

Any plans to support outgoing AXFR?

Hi @Nyr - We don't plan to support AXFR. Without going into detail, outgoing AXFR might cause some conflicts currently with the DNS Console and with some other future plans that we have for the nameservers. --Katie

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi @Nyr - We don't plan to support AXFR. Without going into detail, outgoing AXFR might cause some conflicts currently with the DNS Console and with some other future plans that we have for the nameservers. --Katie

That's actually a pretty big clue of what those future plans might be ;)

Thanked by (1)vimalware