[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• No much drama on OGF. I'm disappointed, that mean less popcorn.

But I guess it's great news for Virmach.

• edited October 2022

@qqlikelo said: Instead of letting the customer have a meaningless battle with you. For example, you banned a group of A-type customers who violated TOS and were suspended. If you want to resume the service, what customers need to do. There should be perfect solutions to any problem. Instead of asking users to chat with you. As a customer, I don't know exactly what you want to do, and you don't even reply to the appeal ticket.

But you're not his customer, you never purchased service from him, never agreed with his terms of service and that's the problem. In post above he explained you how to become his legit customer. It may cost you something but that's more or less the solution you're looking for if you want to "legalize" your usage of his service.

• Some suggestions for prevent scalpers:
    1. Prohibit modifying emails or modify email by tickets.
    2. Associate account with PayPal / credit card to ensure one customer one account.
    3. Add transfer service with fee

🌟:SpartanHost,Cloudcone,Hostodo,WebHorizon
    💩:Virmach,Greencloud,Pacificrack really sucks

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said: Basically my response but I also offered to honor the same deal and provide some courtesy service extension. This is the only proper way to do it.

Which shows that you are trying to be more then reasonable.
    I think the point that gets missed in these situations is that you are not really suspending the current user of the account, you are suspending the original account user for breaking the TOS by selling the account.

Thanked by (1)benz

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@VirMach said: Basically my response but I also offered to honor the same deal and provide some courtesy service extension. This is the only proper way to do it.

Which shows that you are trying to be more then reasonable.
    I think the point that gets missed in these situations is that you are not really suspending the current user of the account, you are suspending the original account user for breaking the TOS by selling the account.

No.He is suspending the current user of the account.

• It seems VirMach has only squeezed one nut of MJJ. Time to squeeze the other nut too.

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint foitin pikachu
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Mumbly said:

@qqlikelo said: Instead of letting the customer have a meaningless battle with you. For example, you banned a group of A-type customers who violated TOS and were suspended. If you want to resume the service, what customers need to do. There should be perfect solutions to any problem. Instead of asking users to chat with you. As a customer, I don't know exactly what you want to do, and you don't even reply to the appeal ticket.

But you're not his customer, you never purchased service from him, never agreed with his terms of service and that's the problem. In post above he explained you how to become his legit customer. It may cost you something but that's more or less the solution you're looking for if you want to "legalize" your usage of his service.

It's difficult to speak about all this in chunks and I forget to mention parts of it since it has so many layers. Not only that, but our actual customer, as in the guy that sold the accounts and/or one of the non-customers in between basically also broke our multiple account policy. So in clusters, they're all also breaking that part of the terms. Otherwise it'd be a less complicated case of account ownership dispute which in itself is already complicated. Then on top of these, certain people within these clusters also broke our AUP, there are a bunch of suspensions already sprinkled around for example for phishing and other abuses which all become the responsibility of that cluster's true owner. Then there's the case of a lot of these being acquired by what legally tends to be called "reverse engineering" our site or in simpler terms using it how it wasn't intended, as well as the whole Tokyo force migrate thing, whatever you want to call that bit.

This is one of the major issues, and I've probably at this point called everything a major issue at least once, of selling/trading accounts in this way: it carries ALL the previous account history/baggage and the consequences.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint
  • edited October 2022

@Franzkafka said:

But currect user isn't his client. It's not in business relationship with him but with the "reseller". The only logic thing here would be for this current user to complain to a person he purcased service from.

• @Franzkafka said:

Not like it already exists ROFL

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:

@Franzkafka said:

Not like it already exists ROFL

Remove the feature, then add it again. Problem solved.

Thanked by (3)Jab FrankZ theloafingone
  • edited October 2022

Everything is clear. I figured out everything. However, the biggest problem is that the value of my "violation vps" is much less than $25. Issue a $25 ticket, which costs much higher than I bought a new vps again. So basically I said so much that I just figured out if I used the vir service reasonably, instead of saving my vps. I'm very sorry. As for finding the scalper and selling me this vps villain, this is not what I can do, and all the transaction information has been lost. Maybe the boss of vir can trace back to him through log/IP address and other information, but it has nothing to do with me. Because I don't have any permissions. I don't even know how much the previous email he gave me was.

I just want a vpn to bypass the firewall. This wasted me too much time.

I'm even wondering what I'm talking about here? Why should I waste my time here? Nothing has changed. Just when I learned some rules that I didn't know before. Laugh.

• @VirMach said:

@Mumbly said:

@VirMach said: I don't understand, what do you believe is being done here?

I think that he's talking about rather limiting scalpers to not being able to resell services and while that's good thought it's almost impossible to enforce it and anyhow limit resellers upfront.
    End users are in some way fu**ed twice here and while I have absolutely zero sympathies toward those who purchased service to abuse it, I feel a bit sorry for those people who purchased it because they don't have credit card or something. Or they don't know it better and saw someone's post about this good deal from a reseller or something...
    I don't blame host for doing what you do and I completely understand it, but I can imagine frustrations of some "end users" who may be just too naive, not well-versed and scalpers simply took advantage of that. Lesson learned as someone above said.

I understand what you're saying and we already tried multiple times to work out a better solution. It's just a bad situation that doesn't have a better solution that exists. I'm still open to hearing everyone out and we can proceed differently if there's a good idea that could actually work, but we've spent a lot of time evaluating all the options and they all have very big potential problems or loopholes that will only result in additional negative behavior.

(edit) The only other option is not feasible in terms of the amount of work required to achieve it, and that would be individually reaching out to everyone and speaking with them regarding the matter with many back and forth replies. And we can't go back in time and assume this would happen and raise the service cost to hire additional dedicated "scalper" support reps.

(edit) Again, if I had a magic button to just immediately only affect the accounts that are still in the hands of scalpers not yet sold, there would be no reason to bother others. We always try to be more fair and compassionate than required. Even in this case, we're still taking it slow and thoroughly checking everything. Otherwise I already have 1,000 other people and could just auto suspend them within an hour. Instead I'm going through one by one and only doing it to a small group directly associated with the worst scalpers who also did other things on top of the account resales.

(edit) There's still a possibility of doing it differently for the others, this is just something I felt needed to be addressed sooner than later for this particular group and I decided it is best to proceed exactly how we would in other cases per our ToS while reducing the harshness where plausible.

I would like to discuss with you what I am doing wrong. Ticket ID: 229897

• @qqlikelo said: Just when I learned some rules that I didn't know before. Laugh.

HINT for future: Those "rules" exists for almost every provider(VPS, dedi, gameserver, etc)/service(VPN,Netflix,etc)/shit you buy over Internet. VirMach is not special.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint bakageta

• edited October 2022

I don't think any service provider would allow account reselling. Maybe some other platform would have a system to transfer product/service but definitely not accounts and I never heard Virmach had one. So the take away is, don't buy accounts and read TOS of the service you're using I guess.
    I think this section applies to what's going on? (from https://virmach.com/terms-conditions/ ):

Circumvention Prohibited: Customer agrees not to circumvent, abuse, or attempt to circumvent or abuse VirMach security measures and/or billing system. This includes, but is not limited to: creating multiple billing accounts for the same Customer or from the same household, using multiple accounts to deposit funds exceeding amount of funds permitted, creating a billing account for someone other than Customer, or abusing bugs in VirMach’s system. Any abuse will result in account closure and immediate Service termination, without refund. VirMach does not honor any pricing mistakes on their website and reserves the right to cancel such orders.

To anyone who need translating softwares/services to communicate, I suggest not getting emotional when using it, as words get a little funny when proccessed by a machine. Just state 1) what you want; 2) what information you can provide, and it will be easier for anyone who sincerely willing to get any issue resolved. Also in my experience, Deepl do better jobs way more often than Google or Bing.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Mumbly said:

@Franzkafka said:

But currect user isn't his client. It's not in business relationship with him but with the "reseller". The only logic thing here would be for this current user to complain to a person he purcased service from.

Totally agree.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

@Franzkafka said:
    Some suggestions for prevent scalpers:
    1. Prohibit modifying emails or modify email by tickets.
    2. Associate account with PayPal / credit card to ensure one customer one account.

Thanks for the suggestions. These have all been discussed and implemented/changed based on previous community feedback. I'd like to go over it in case you are interested.

1. We used to prohibit modifying emails and at some stage required tickets. They were very time consuming to do and in the end did not benefit anyone. As for not allowing it, it just meant tickets would be created about it anyway, and it also made it difficult for people to genuinely change emails, as in the same customer to their other email. It also created a secondary problem where people would constantly reset just the SolusVM portion and then sell that and that had its own subset of issues. On top of all this, it also meant lots and lots of account disputes and accounts being sold/shared by multiple people, sometimes without them realizing it which meant support requests from confused people asking why their service was re-installed and so on. We decided, and probably also got feedback at these points in time, that it would just make more sense to allow it to be changed.
    2. That would mean that we have to stop accepting Alipay payments, and restrict payments in more ways than we'd like and we already do this in the background a little bit for antifraud measures. However, the majority of these were not purchased with credit/debit or PayPal. I believe yours is an exception. The thing is, assuming all our customers only use those two which isn't true, it would still mean that we'd then also have to restrict changing PayPal accounts. With credit cards, there's already an entire other underground market and it would encourage people to use stolen credit cards, or use prepaid cards, virtual cards. Another case of us potentially making things worse.
    3. We already have this option. It ends up being slow because it's thorough but we're working on improving the process. It's difficult to come up with a good easy process that won't be abused. We also made many modifications in the past for privacy as some people said the only reason they didn't do this is because they used to have to provide ID. No one really used it, and unofficial sales continued. Oh and some people didn't want to pay the $3 fee because they just saw it as $3 loss.
    Thanked by (2)FrankZ ariq01
  • @ehab said: will you get me some some juice --- bite thirsty.

Confussed :S

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

@infplus said: I would like to discuss with you what I am doing wrong. Ticket ID: 229897

You don't even need to provide a ticket, and I don't need to look at it, we both know you're a terrible abuser and you're one of the primary people that caused this to happen. Yes, I also know you're the guy additionally abusing the services and causing high loads. Yes, I already have a huge list of all your accounts specifically, if it makes you feel special. No, I haven't gone through them all yet.

Just do yourself a favor and be quiet. It will help you out by not being so obvious and terrible at doing what you do. Your appeals are some of the worst out of anyone. You're not very clever or as clever as you think. You've made me physically facepalm in the past.

• edited October 2022

@Mumbly said:

@Franzkafka said:

But currect user isn't his client. It's not in business relationship with him but with the "reseller".

I know.This is not a big deal.But suspend service without early alert is not good.We may not legal customers,but we we paid him by renewal or by adding funds etc.

@qqlikelo said:
    Everything is clear. I figured out everything. However, the biggest problem is that the value of my "violation vps" is much less than $25. Issue a $25 ticket, which costs much higher than I bought a new vps again. So basically I said so much that I just figured out if I used the vir service reasonably, instead of saving my vps. I'm very sorry. As for finding the scalper and selling me this vps villain, this is not what I can do, and all the transaction information has been lost. Maybe the boss of vir can trace back to him through log/IP address and other information, but it has nothing to do with me. Because I don't have any permissions. I don't even know how much the previous email he gave me was.

I'm even wondering what I'm talking about here? Why should I waste my time here? Nothing has changed. Just when I learned some rules that I didn't know before. Laugh.

Like I said from the beginning, your VPS is most likely less value than the fee and I was confused as why you were interested in paying the fee for an appeal/unsuspension, even if it was guaranteed.

As for your situation, are you saying that you don't have the transaction information for the payment you sent to the scalper, or are you saying you don't have it for the original payment on the account? Because those would have two different implications. Do you mind saying how much you paid for this service and the service specs/cost? I asked this previously, I'm unsure if you already answered it.

• @VirMach said: We already have this option.

One more thing I didn't know about Virmach.

@Franzkafka said:

@Mumbly said:

@Franzkafka said:

But currect user isn't his client. It's not in business relationship with him but with the "reseller".

I know.This is not a big deal.But suspend service without early alert is not good.We may not legal customers,but we we paid him by renewal or by adding funds etc.

I'm curious, let's focus on just you for a second instead of theoreticals.

Did you pay for a renewal?

Did you add funds?

Then we can go from there and address your concerns. And do you realize that if the original owner wanted, at any time, without notice to you, he could contact us and provide evidence of the original purchase, say he was hacked, and it would also kick you out of your account without notice, right? I feel like for how severe the negatives can be, you are hyperfocused on the suspension and the most you've said regarding your actual reasoning is that it's "not good" or "unprofessional." I'm a reasonable person and willing to still hear you out on this so we can make continued improvements. I understand it's not nice to not know when exactly your service may be suspended but again, I don't understand what else could have realistically been done in this case in terms of being a more positive experience.

I understand the other ways we could have technically done it and I've gone through them many times. Each of these could have potentially been seen as worse by you or others, and the only way to do it that is 100% in line with our policies and predictable is the way it was done.

edited October 2022

@lemoncube said:

@VirMach said: We already have this option.

One more thing I didn't know about Virmach.

Yeah, it needs an overhaul. It basically was done from a long time ago which means it didn't have buttons, people just asked. Then we'd tell them about the arduous process and they'd usually just frown and go away. Others still wanted it done so they basically ended up also not having a great time in terms of how long it took, to this day.

We have some actual worked out cool ideas that need to be finalized and completed, and it actually is essentially a "shared" project with what's going on right now. We did some things to make this task possible, otherwise it would have taken weeks instead of days, and we can implement some of that R&D if you can call it that to making transfers easier to do without it taking like an hour each. Basically we thoroughly have to check everything, recheck it, and make sure we don't allow the system to be used to negatively impact someone. The last thing we would want is for a hacker to get into your account and send off your services to another account. I'll actually see if I can work that into this as I go along so maybe we actually get the new process ready and launched.

Another thing that goes along with this, the process will obviously be a lot smoother if its not also used as a means of getting circumventing justice here when it comes to these scalpers. We don't mind if moving forward it's done properly and have basically encouraged it as much as we did at the time to save everyone from the headache they're having today, but at the same time we don't want a ton of transfer requests that just waste everyone's time and get rejected (and believe me, it's insanely harder to do it when an account has already had like 6 previous owners unofficially, and perhaps this is one reason scalpers stopped doing it, because they would have just been rejected if they attempt it on a messy account since it basically looks the same as if someone got hacked 6 times.)

• @VirMach said:

@qqlikelo said:

Like I said from the beginning, your VPS is most likely less value than the fee and I was confused as why you were interested in paying the fee for an appeal/unsuspension, even if it was guaranteed.

As for your situation, are you saying that you don't have the transaction information for the payment you sent to the scalper, or are you saying you don't have it for the original payment on the account? Because those would have two different implications. Do you mind saying how much you paid for this service and the service specs/cost? I asked this previously, I'm unsure if you already answered it.

I may have missed some information because the translation software is imperfect. First of all, I just have some simple hopes, such as repaying this vps and making a new billing cycle to exempt me from punishment. The low cost of doing so does not mean that I can afford any amount... The second thing is that I mean, I don't have any information other than a screenshot of the bill paid to the scalpers. So I can't do anything. To continue to trace and sanction these people, you need to find them yourself. By the way, how much did I pay for the scalpers? This bad guy? Well, it's about $30. Then you paused it in three days.

Finally, after talking so much, I still hope to end this misunderstanding. This is also my starting point. It's my fault to buy vps from a scalper. But I hope you can help me recover it. Maybe it's impossible...

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said:

@Franzkafka said:

@Mumbly said:

@Franzkafka said:

I'm curious, let's focus on just you for a second instead of theoreticals.

Did you pay for a renewal?

Did you add funds?

Then we can go from there and address your concerns. And do you realize that if the original owner wanted, at any time, without notice to you, he could contact us and provide evidence of the original purchase, say he was hacked, and it would also kick you out of your account without notice, right? I feel like for how severe the negatives can be, you are hyperfocused on the suspension and the most you've said regarding your actual reasoning is that it's "not good" or "unprofessional." I'm a reasonable person and willing to still hear you out on this so we can make continued improvements. I understand it's not nice to not know when exactly your service may be suspended but again, I don't understand what else could have realistically been done in this case in terms of being a more positive experience.

I understand the other ways we could have technically done it and I've gone through them many times. Each of these could have potentially been seen as worse by you or others, and the only way to do it that is 100% in line with our policies and predictable is the way it was done.

Frankly I didn't pay you directly,no renewal and no adding funds.But I know someone dose. Meanwhile I am not a scalper, next renewal I will pay for it.And I must emphasize again,I am here not require you to give my service back.I am here because I think suspend customer service without early alert is not good, especially in this industry.you can check my previous comments.But you just think I am one of these calpers,and I came here just for my service back.This is incorrect and makes me feel like insulted.

• JabJab
    edited October 2022

@Franzkafka said: Frankly I didn't pay you directly,no renewal and no adding funds.But I know someone dose

You know someone does? You mean the person that "sold" you that VPS in first place? :trollface:

Btw. if you didn't pay anything to VirMach why are you still here? Why are you not talking to the guy/girl that sold you the VPS and demand him/her to fix the stuff and/or get your money back and/or complain?

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint bakageta

• @Jab said:

@Franzkafka said: Frankly I didn't pay you directly,no renewal and no adding funds.But I know someone dose

You know someone does? You mean the person that "sold" you that VPS in first place? :trollface:

Btw. if you didn't pay anything to VirMach why are you still here? Why are you not talking to the guy/girl that sold you the VPS and demand him/her to fix the stuff and/or get your money back and/or complain?

No.I mean someone just pay for renewal and get suspended.

• edited October 2022

@Jab said:

why you guys can't get my point.I have said,you can suspend my service because I didn't pay you directly,but please inform me before suspension.This should be the professional action

• JabJab
    edited October 2022

@Franzkafka said: why you guys can't get my point.

The same way you can't get our point that was told multiple times here.

edited October 2022

@Franzkafka said: Frankly I didn't pay you directly,no renewal and no adding funds.But I know someone dose.And I am not a scalper, next renewal I will pay for it.And I must emphasize again,I am here not require you to give my service back.I am here because I think suspend customer service without early alert is not good, especially in this industry.you can check you previous comments.But you just think I am one of thescalpers,and I came here just for my service back.This is incorrect.

Do you have any information you can provide regarding your purchase from the scalper? How much did you pay for yours? And if you're here because you think our suspension policy isn't good, what do you more specifically suggest would have been done instead? Give me the amount of time you think you should have been provided and how it would have helped you outside of just reselling it to someone else to reduce your losses.

@qqlikelo said: By the way, how much did I pay for the scalpers? This bad guy? Well, it's about $30. Then you paused it in three days.

May I ask why you decided to pay that much for the service and how you located the scalper? And is there any reason you knew about us enough to want it but not purchase it directly, or did you attempt to purchase directly but just missed the period? Or did you not know about us and you just searched online for a Tokyo VPS and found the scalper first? Is it in relation to payment methods we don't have on our site?

This especially doesn't make sense to me because right now, at this exact second, you can go on our website, and you could have also done this three days ago when you say you made the purchase from the scalper and most likely been able to get it for a similar price. Is it because it renews at a lower rate so you thought it's a better return on your investment by paying a one time fee? And you didn't say which plan you have specifically. Perhaps it was something way better, or maybe not even in Tokyo, I don't believe I've looked at your appeal yet specifically and even if I have I wouldn't know which one is yours, but I'll just use @Franzkafka as an example here.

He got a 384MB special in Tokyo I believe, for $8.88 per year. Perhaps he got it at a different time when it made sense, and again, I don't know how much he paid the scalper. But a similar service can be purchased here at full price for $25 per year in Tokyo: https://billing.virmach.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=206

Other coupon codes that are currently active can possibly bring this down by about 30%

@Franzkafka may I also ask what made it more compelling to buy from the scalper for you? As in, what would have to change for you to have not considered it? Would a setup fee instead of recurring surcharge for Tokyo change it? Availability level? Or did the special have something you really needed like more bandwidth? I assume you're not really running a Telegram bot on it and there has to be some other reason, otherwise it's just weird how you reacted.

This discussion has been closed.