[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• Oh no double bandwidth nightmare xD

• I know this question might get lost in all the sales talk (or is covered elsewhere in the 17x pages), but is there a known issue with the "increase disk" button in the control panel?

I have a number of VPS servers that got woefully under-provisioned when they were moved from ColoCrossing. Clicking on the expand disk button just locks up the browser and doesn't actually do anything. (I hate adding to the burden of the ticket queue, so figured I would ask here first.)

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@sennyman said:
    26/6/2022, got an email with the subject line "[Emergency Reboot] Amsterdam Ryzen Sunday @ 12PM PST", the machine went down, and it was marked as Terminated. My ticket is #108781, please !

I've refunded you. Feel free to place a new order if you desire.

@rpollestad said:
    I know this question might get lost in all the sales talk (or is covered elsewhere in the 17x pages), but is there a known issue with the "increase disk" button in the control panel?

I have a number of VPS servers that got woefully under-provisioned when they were moved from ColoCrossing. Clicking on the expand disk button just locks up the browser and doesn't actually do anything. (I hate adding to the burden of the ticket queue, so figured I would ask here first.)

Most people have expanded disk already by now and there's not many of those left so it's definitely something I've brought up to our developer and it's being worked on although it's not high priority. If you're running out of disk and we owe you disk, definitely create a priority ticket.

Thanked by (2)rpollestad benz
    edited October 2022

@Jab said:

@sennyman said:
    26/6/2022, got an email with the subject line "[Emergency Reboot] Amsterdam Ryzen Sunday @ 12PM PST", the machine went down, and it was marked as Terminated. My ticket is #108781, please !

26/6/2022 as in 4 months ago?
    This clearly must be related and worth mentioning!

Nice tricks!

Not his fault, I know it's rare when someone comes with a sentence like that but it was a series of unfortunate events and it was actually related to that so it was actually helpful in this case.

But the other 999 cases that come up like that, yeah, not relevant usually.

Perfect combo of badly timed order, maintenance overlap, payment method originally selected, WHMCS spazzing out, very specific (fake) billing information, and as a result human error. Once in a year event maybe if that. I can't really disclose more than that without breach of privacy and/or having to breach an NDA. It's definitely complicated.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Jab

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said: I'll ignore anyone who wasn't here

Everyone's here!

(lying and waiting in ambush for deals)

On a serious note, does majority of the clients even come close to their allocated BW limit? Is Tokyo usage higher because of VPNs?

My current usage looks something like:

DE 572.69 MB of 2 TB Used
    NL 71.84 GB of 6 TB Used (and even those GBs are rather exception)

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint lesuser
  • @VirMach said:
    And anyone who was around who helped with this, if you do make an order, basically order around half the bandwidth you actually need and contact me to double it and it should be around the same price we discussed.

I'll ignore anyone who wasn't here though unless we decide to create a lot more work for ourselves and double bandwidth, maybe via spins.

Noooo, you got me again on a thing while I was abnormally away from the computer. I'm beginning to think its a conspiracy against me :p

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint
  • @FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:
    Okay I thought of a way better way of adding someone else's plan without having to go and do-over. I'll be back soon with more information.

Have you just discovered Excel?

Catching back up with the thread from over night and this really made me laugh, thanks FAT32. Also, ow. (Had a tooth pulled and two broken other teeth sorted, yay for insurance. boo for pain & recovery)

Thanked by (2)FAT32 AlwaysSkint
  • JabJab
    edited October 2022

@VirMach said: Not his fault, I know it's rare when someone comes with a sentence like that but it was a series of unfortunate events and it was actually related to that so it was actually helpful in this case.

Was his server terminated for 4 months o.O

@VirMach said:

Thanked by (2)ehab FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Mumbly said:

Everyone's here!

On a serious note, does majority of the clients even come close to their allocated BW limit?

NL 71.84 GB of 6 TB Used (and even those GB are rather exception)

Nope. Not at all on my VirMach host. But that's mainly because the host is running but hasn't connectivity to "the outside world" because support@VirMach can't work out that there is something wrong, let alone that they know how to fix it.

Pings to other hosts in the same subnet give a reply, pings from the gateway not. So yeah, basically almost no bandwith is used...

• Uhmmm okey, seems like FFME006 is kaput (or network part) and I was just importing OSM data. Please don't tell me I actually killed it >:D

• @VirMach said:

@jack666 said:
    @VirMach I bought an account in April this year, and then encountered a promotion and bought a Ryzen Special 2560
    MiserlyCaring-VM $55.00 USD Biennially, I set up my own small website, and now it is suddenly suspended, what should I do? It's been 2 days since the ticket was submitted, but no reply? View Ticket #627022

Let me know if you'd like to provide any critical details.

This is the first time I found that vir has such a good and cheap vps, I really want to buy one, but the official website does not have such strong activities, so I bought a vps for resale from a personal seller, which is very good, but the configuration is relatively low, just in 4 There is a promotion in the month, I bought MiserlyCaring-VM $55.00 USD Biennially, I am very satisfied, but it suddenly stopped a few days ago, because I only put a private photo album and personal website, there is no abuse, I don't understand it, and then I learned that it is because The problem of account transaction, I use it personally, a real user, please restore my service as soon as possible.

• @Calypso said:

@Mumbly said:

Everyone's here!

On a serious note, does majority of the clients even come close to their allocated BW limit?

NL 71.84 GB of 6 TB Used (and even those GB are rather exception)

Nope. Not at all on my VirMach host. But that's mainly because the host is running but hasn't connectivity to "the outside world" because support@VirMach can't work out that there is something wrong, let alone that they know how to fix it.

Pings to other hosts in the same subnet give a reply, pings from the gateway not. So yeah, basically almost no bandwith is used...

lol, ok, this doesn't count
    But yeah, tragic! :bleep_bloop:

• @VirMach said:

@fluttershy said: It's tough and honestly 2G is probably fine. I just feel bad about using 70% of the whole node's uplink for hours at a time and will happily pay a bit extra to be a slightly better neighbor.

Oh not sure if you missed it but this is basically a WHMCS/SolusVM module pricing limitation not necessarily that we can't do it. So now I have to think of another tactic like actually doubling bandwidth.

It's funny, everything I didn't want to do we're getting forced into kind of, which is marking up price and then saying 50% off and then doubling bandwidth but the sad part is it'll lead to more sales.

Order #17356, double bandwidth please

• @Jab said:
    Uhmmm okey, seems like FFME006 is kaput (or network part) and I was just importing OSM data. Please don't tell me I actually killed it >:D

What is your user on OSM? :-)

• @fluttershy said:

CPU cut in half, bandwidth doubled & lowered in quality. Enjoy your ColonCleansing!

Thanked by (1)fluttershy
  • JabJab
    edited October 2022

@risturiz said: What is your user on OSM? :-)

Nonon, I am not actively doing anything there - I just need data for reverse lookups (or tiles). It's not like I was importing planet, I was just importing small 215MB PBF extract from geofabrik on 1 core VPS to set up nominatim :P

@Mumbly said:
    On a serious note, does majority of the clients even come close to their allocated BW limit? Is Tokyo usage higher because of VPNs?

There's probably a hundred like you, then a few dozen around 100-500GB and a few that are 2-20TB.

Each node might vary between 3TB and 50TB usually, and storage servers 80-200TB. I'm making most of this up as I go and not referencing anything but pretty accurate.

Thanked by (2)Mumbly FrankZ
  • @VirBOT said:

@fluttershy said:

CPU cut in half, bandwidth doubled & lowered in quality. Enjoy your ColonCleansing!

Profile picture is purple enough, I'll allow it

Thanked by (1)VirBOT
  • edited October 2022

What about something like this:

8GB DDR4 RAM
    200GB NVMe SSD
    4 vCore Ryzen CPU
    12TB @ 10Gbps
    1x IPv4

• @VirMach said:
    a few that are 2-20TB.

• Officially dead [*]

Thanked by (1)lemoncube

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@jack666 said:

@VirMach said:

@jack666 said:
    @VirMach I bought an account in April this year, and then encountered a promotion and bought a Ryzen Special 2560
    MiserlyCaring-VM $55.00 USD Biennially, I set up my own small website, and now it is suddenly suspended, what should I do? It's been 2 days since the ticket was submitted, but no reply? View Ticket #627022

This is the first time I found that vir has such a good and cheap vps, I really want to buy one, but the official website does not have such strong activities, so I bought a vps for resale from a personal seller, which is very good, but the configuration is relatively low, just in 4 There is a promotion in the month, I bought MiserlyCaring-VM $55.00 USD Biennially, I am very satisfied, but it suddenly stopped a few days ago, because I only put a private photo album and personal website, there is no abuse, I don't understand it, and then I learned that it is because The problem of account transaction, I use it personally, a real user, please restore my service as soon as possible.

If you could provide some identifying details such as account email, VM id#, and/or ticket number so VirMach could know who you are it would be helpful to you cause.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @Mumbly said:

Everyone's here!

NL 71.84 GB of 6 TB Used (and even those GBs are rather exception)

Yea I have yet to come even close to my BW limits

My highest BW vps is at 72 GB out of 11.7 TB Used.

The rest are:
    11 GB / 4.9 TB
    2.5 GB / 4 TB
    715 MB / 500 GB
    366 MB / 500 GB
    345 MB / 5.4 TB

Thanked by (2)Mumbly AlwaysSkint
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

So I am the bad guy here. :(
    336.21 GB of 1.95 TB Used

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

It's a storage server but still ... 1.32 TB of 40 TB Used / 38.68 TB Free

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • 824.23 GB of 1000 GB
    772.13 GB of 1000 GB
    749.54 GB of 1.95 TB
    795.27 GB of 1.95 TB
    769.89 GB of 1.95 TB
    21.66 GB of 1.95 TB (lol, recent migration, it had been prob 750gb or more)
    900.12 GB of 3.91 TB
    1.69 TB of 3.42 TB

looks around

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said:

@jack666 said:

@VirMach said:

@jack666 said:

If you could provide some identifying details such as account email, VM id#, and/or ticket number so VirMach could know who you are it would be helpful to you cause.

@FrankZ said:

@jack666 said:

@VirMach said:

@jack666 said:

OK, this is the payment Invoice #1414076 Appeal Ticket #627022, thank you

• @skorous said:

@FrankZ said:

It's a storage server but still ... 1.32 TB of 40 TB Used / 38.68 TB Free

40tb, nice lol

I've been debating finding something with bigger numbers, I've currently got a couple that are unmetered at 250 or 500mbit though so they do well, just bit slower.

Thanked by (2)skorous tridinebandim
This discussion has been closed.