[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @fluttershy said:
    Carry the gas with you then. Why has no one thought of this?

No one except every single Cannonball participant ;)

Thanked by (1)bakageta
  • That guy was polite and his topic title made sense too, so I am gonna 'forward' it here for you @VirMach from LET

Hi:

I purchase Virmach STORAGE-2T $96 on 03/26/2022.

Now the VPS still pending,

Invoice #1407588.
    https://billing.virmach.com/viewinvoice.php?id=1407588

I submit a ticket for refund but no response.
    https://billing.virmach.com/viewticket.php?tid=747994&c=8oTF2DBZ

(Virmach merged the refund ticket with another ticket which answered another issue.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:
    That guy was polite and his topic title made sense too, so I am gonna 'forward' it here for you @VirMach from LET

Hi:

Invoice #1407588.

(Virmach merged the refund ticket with another ticket which answered another issue.

Virmach need someone who can help clean tickets.
    It is quite slow response than other provider.

• @nightcat said:

@Jab said:
    That guy was polite and his topic title made sense too, so I am gonna 'forward' it here for you @VirMach from LET

Hi:

Invoice #1407588.

Are you willing to pay more for your VPS so they can hire more support staff?

• Glad you got rid of recaptcha on login page. :# The Remember me check box finally does remember me now.

• edited November 2022

@lemoncube said:
    Glad you got rid of recaptcha on login page. :# The Remember me check box finally does remember me now.

Back in the day of LET, I asked too, yet the unstable genius said NO

May be he is afraid of the MJJs' retaliation I presume.

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said: I asked too

You can't ask, you wait. Whether or not the problem gets resovled before the universe get devoured by the unspeakable horror is another matter.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Jab said:

@tridinebandim said: is someone playing hard with fm04 or my vps got weird? )

My guess for FFFME004 would be RIP disk (again, totally, panic)

Something is still there, but it's meh state :P?

fsck from rescue mode kinda bring the VPS back (it booted, with different public key from cloud-init), but most services are dead :F

I guess those 20 restarts actually nuked my filesystem and the mysql replication trying to run there.

REST IN PEPPERONI.

Everyone was already moved off from the bad disk to the others, so that could mean at some point in between yours corrupted. We haven't been getting mass tickets about it but I'll look around and see if it affected others.

@nightcat said:

@Jab said:

Hi:

Invoice #1407588.

@theloafingone said:

@nightcat said:

@Jab said:

Hi:

Invoice #1407588.

Are you willing to pay more for your VPS so they can hire more support staff?

We've hired a lot of people over the last two years but it just ends up not working out. One, I have no time to properly make them a permanent part of the team. Two, it's very very difficult to hire people for that position in a small business right now. It hasn't really gotten much better after COVID due to inflation and government assistance but I don't really want to get into the politics of it all and of course that's heavily oversimplifying it. This is just what I've seen/noticed.

For example we had someone getting paid around $25 an hour let's say, and tried to hire people for this to basically build servers. I know it's not a lot but it's also not low and we weren't trying to get skilled engineers, just the requirement was you had to have built a PC in the past which qualifies almost anyone. And still had difficulties. The goal was to have them do the organizing parts/putting them in and I'd take over and do actual troubleshooting/testing/finalizing.

We tried getting an exclusive billing person like three times. They'd like 2-3 hours to reply to a chargeback and have like a mental breakdown trying to do it from information overload just trying to get used to the systems.

Also most people do not do well with rude customers. This goes back to almost anyone we've hired, so at times like this while I'm okay with it it's difficult to bring anyone in and have like 1/10th of tickets with personal attacks and just the state of things will make it even more toxic if a new hire replies to a customer after 2 weeks and gives them a bad response. It definitely will be discouraging for anyone. I could go on and on, it's not just one thing, it's dozens of things all at once and I'm just shining a little light on some parts as I do every time this is brought up.

@lemoncube said:
    Glad you got rid of recaptcha on login page. :# The Remember me check box finally does remember me now.

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@lemoncube said:

Back in the day of LET, I asked too, yet the unstable genius said NO

May be he is afraid of the MJJs' retaliation I presume.

We found an effective solution and Captcha was getting worse. I have no idea how the internet intends on proceeding but when you create a Captcha to train your AI and then basically allow anyone to use the AI to break the captcha, it's pretty stupid.

I looked into breaking captchas for like 30 minutes and I was able to set up something that auto solved it and realized it's useless.

Thanked by (2)lemoncube FrankZ

In other news HV wasn't able to get UPS to pick up the package for the overnight. I scheduled a pickup/paid for it and told them to make sure to keep us updated or like look out for them, and then a day of radio silence, told them to check again, they told me to schedule a pickup and that they've been waiting so maybe UPS didn't show up. But right now that's basically 2 days they're saying UPS hasn't naturally shown up to pick up or drop off anything to a datacenter facility which is hard to believe.

Lots of new payment methods have been added as well as Euro. We intend on keeping it 1:1 to USD at all times. WHMCS might have an auto sync for it on a cron, if we find it we'll probably disable it and keep it 1:1 even if Euro drops or goes up. Euro has to be used for these new payment methods, it's mainly the various integrations through Stripe like SEPA, iDEAL, and so on. I don't know of the unintended consequences when it comes to using this alongside USD or store credits so it's best to continue using USD for accounts already established in USD.

• Still no push-ups payment method.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• edited November 2022

tried to install android studio to windows 2022 intending to use for flutter development environment. it seems to have some barriers to cross and resource hungry.

anyone installed and used android studio with android vitrualization support on a remote desktop ?

• edited November 2022

@tridinebandim said:
    tried to install android studio to windows 2022 intending to use for flutter development environment. it seems to have some barriers to cross and resource hungry.

anyone instaled and used android studio with android vitrualization support on a remote desktop ?

i wouldn't install that on shared resources

at all

• @ehab said: i wouldn't install that on shared resources

wanted to know if its possible in a way causing no harm, it is resource hungry. may be it is tamable by limiting something there and disabling this etc.

• @tridinebandim said:

@ehab said: i wouldn't install that on shared resources

wanted to know if its possible in a way causing no harm, it is resource hungry. may be it is tamable by limiting something there and disabling this etc.

best for safety and sanity use a dedicated.

Thanked by (1)tridinebandim
  • @VirMach said:

@wdmg said:
    @VirMach

You spend an alarming amount of time shit-talking your DCs. Maybe that time is better invested in finding in-house people to solve your problems effectively.

I mean since we're ignoring a lot of variables such as cost for all these in-house people, we might as well purchase a few datacenters to save even more time. Think of all the one to two hours I'll save per month not "shit-talking" the DCs. All I've essentially done is state what happened in relation to a delay or outage, many times verbatim, and then just genuinely shocked with how far it goes and doing a reality check to ensure I'm reacting appropriately with some joking/venting.

I've also praised DCs as much as I've probably talked "negatively" but that doesn't end up being a long drawn out story that requires context or evidence, nor does it grab as much attention.

Perhaps the "alarming" amount of time is directly correlated with the time, money, and grief caused.

Equinix, as an example, charges $225/hour for lacklustre remote hands. Most DCs would charge around $50-75/hr for starting rates…

A decent payrolled employee can be had for about $25-30/hr, probably lower depending on the state or country they reside in.

You’d probably have a better experience payrolling someone or hiring a knowledgeable contractor/firm.

Thanked by (1)fluttershy
  • @wdmg said:

have you seen virmach on his good days:

Thanked by (2)VirMach FrankZ
  • @wdmg said:

@VirMach said:

@wdmg said:
    @VirMach

You spend an alarming amount of time shit-talking your DCs. Maybe that time is better invested in finding in-house people to solve your problems effectively.

I mean since we're ignoring a lot of variables such as cost for all these in-house people, we might as well purchase a few datacenters to save even more time. Think of all the one to two hours I'll save per month not "shit-talking" the DCs. All I've essentially done is state what happened in relation to a delay or outage, many times verbatim, and then just genuinely shocked with how far it goes and doing a reality check to ensure I'm reacting appropriately with some joking/venting.

I've also praised DCs as much as I've probably talked "negatively" but that doesn't end up being a long drawn out story that requires context or evidence, nor does it grab as much attention.

Perhaps the "alarming" amount of time is directly correlated with the time, money, and grief caused.

Equinix, as an example, charges $225/hour for lacklustre remote hands. Most DCs would charge around $50-75/hr for starting rates…

A decent payrolled employee can be had for about $25-30/hr, probably lower depending on the state or country they reside in.

You’d probably have a better experience payrolling someone or hiring a knowledgeable contractor/firm.

I wish Equinix only charged $225/hour lol. Agreed though, getting a local tech an access key card seems like the best idea when it comes to the more problematic locations.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @fluttershy said:

@wdmg said:

@VirMach said:

@wdmg said:
    @VirMach

I wish Equinix only charged $225/hour lol. Agreed though, getting a local tech an access key card seems like the best idea when it comes to the more problematic locations.

Equinix is fantastic at overcharging for basic tasks... one time we received a 7-hour bill to rack 1 single 1U machine... :smile:

• edited November 2022

It seems Halloween from VirMach is continuing about 6 months. Hello @VirMach, What're you preparing for 11.11 Day?

@wdmg said:

@fluttershy said:

@wdmg said:

@VirMach said:

@wdmg said:
    @VirMach

Equinix is fantastic at overcharging for basic tasks... one time we received a 7-hour bill to rack 1 single 1U machine... :smile:

It's interesting seeing the huge difference in quality & time it takes from location to location or even based on the specific tech working on it.

Funny enough it seems like the "middle" ground ones always end up being the most inconsistent with how much it ends up costing, because it's not cheap enough to where it can't end up with an outrageous number, and it's not expensive enough to where they might have some shame in logging more hours than it took.

I generally like it more if it's higher price but also higher quality. For example you can go to a car dealership and they might charge $120 an hour for work but also have "minimum" or standard amounts for certain tasks to ensure you always pay more, and maybe that could reduce surprise bills. You could go to a local mechanic and pay $60 an hour and end up paying more because he has no idea what he's doing, and you could end up going to a local mechanic and pay $240 an hour and it ends up being the cheapest because he actually knows what he's doing, values his time, and this last part is important and rare: only charges you for the amount of time it should have taken him if it ends up taking longer because of his own mistakes or only charges you for the actual work done if he finishes it faster. Plus, if something goes wrong he now has the proper margins to correct it.

The problem with (most) DCs is that they essentially seem to encourage bad work because in the end they get paid more and there's nothing you can do about it. Then they also get to underpay the people as well. Hiring smart techs just means they make less money.

@wholecake said:
    It seems Halloween from VirMach is continuing about 6 months. Hello @VirMach, What's you preparing for 11.11 Day?

That'd be an interesting day for a sale, and it's a Friday too.

• edited November 2022

@VirMach said:

@wholecake said:
    It seems Halloween from VirMach is continuing about 6 months. Hello @VirMach, What're you preparing for 11.11 Day?

That'd be an interesting day for a sale, and it's a Friday too.

Any Flash sales?

• @wholecake said: Any Flash sales?

In bad taste, given the connotations. :|

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

We need around 200 people from APAC region, so China, Australia, Japan, Singapore, and so on. To test out Japan/Singapore/Hong Kong for our 2nd DC partner there any compare it to existing Tokyo.

So basically minimum requirements are you have a service in Tokyo with us already, and willing to provide feedback. Any ideas on how we should pick out people and if anyone is interested in getting on the shortlist of people willing to actually provide feedback on which network works out better for you, DM me your email. Only include your email. I'll add it to a list, grab user IDs, add a note to your account with your LES user ID, and then you'll probably get a welcome email of a duplicate of one of your services in Tokyo for about a month.

• FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE SERVERS PEOPLE, GO FAST.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said: FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE SERVERS PEOPLE

I wish. ;)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• edited November 2022

I am from APAC region- Malaysia,i have service in Tokyo, and i have a public access smokeping service on my RPi at home can help to provide 98% accuracy online latency record with my ISP(Telekom Malaysia AS4788),so feel free to included me if you need for adding to my smokeping.
    http://smokeping.mywebping.com/smokeping/?target=Virmach

MY/SG & Worldwide Latency Test V3 : http://www.mywebping.com (27 February 2021 Updated)
    MY-Unifi Home SmokePing: http://smokeping.mywebping.com/smokeping/

• @VirMach said: We intend on keeping it 1:1 to USD at all times.

You may well regret this choice, if the exchange rate eventually returns to "normal" and you begin to lose more than 30% revenue on those transactions. On t'other side of The Pond, I'm really suffering with the £/$ rate, whereby I need to cull servers to reduce cost. (Plus the OVH & WHM/cPanel price rises.)

edited November 2022

@AlwaysSkint said:

@VirMach said: We intend on keeping it 1:1 to USD at all times.

You may well regret this choice, if the exchange rate eventually returns to "normal" and you begin to lose more than 30% revenue on those transactions. On t'other side of The Pond, I'm really suffering with the £/$ rate, whereby I need to cull servers to reduce cost. (Plus the OVH & WHM/cPanel price rises.)

I mean if it returns to normal it just means we get 5 Euro instead of 5 USD and it'd be worth like 5-6 USD so we technically benefit. If it goes down further then yeah it means we get like 4 USD for every 5 Euro and I'm okay with that too. +/- 20% is fine, we won't be accepting Zimbabwe, Venezuelan, or Turkish currency so we should be OK.

Speaking of which, we ended up going with USD instead of EUR/Yen so we didn't "benefit" from them crashing but at the same time I'm sure their power costs increased astronomically in EU as well so it's more or less the same. I'm sure we'd be getting an email about price increases if USD wasn't strong or we weren't paying in it.

This discussion has been closed.