iHostART - 5.5$/yr 50 GB HDD & 512 MB & 1 vCore & Public Torrent allowed & DMCA Ignore & 1x IPv4 NAT

Comments

• CalinCalin Hosting Provider

Hello @___ unfortunity no , but i m try for raising 2k euro for bought a pallet with 50 servers for rented on cheap price , same as Kimsufi or same things , maybe in next weeks cheap deals but on this Black Friday i m have nothing :(

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by (1)hotsnow
  • So I got a free KVM box (equivalent to the 5.4 EUR plan) for "IPv6 tunnel".
    I haven't setup the tunnel yet, but here are some observations in its networking.

The KVM box doesn't actually have a dedicated /64 subnet.
    The subnet is shared with other VMs.
    When I try to assign the xxxx::1 address, it shows "dadfailed" status, indicating an address conflict.
    I can ping xxxx::1 and xxxx::2 from outside, even if neither address is added on my network interface.

The KVM box can have static IPv6 address due to SLAAC assigning IPv6 address according to MAC address.
    It's unknown whether the IPv6-PD prefix from upstream would ever change.

The KVM box, as well as the OpenVZ box purchased for 5.5 EUR in this offer, seems to have 30ms minimal RTT to any destination.
    There is 44ms RTT over IPv4 between the KVM box and the OpenVZ box.
    While it is possible to establish WireGuard tunnel between the two, it would add 44ms latency to external destinations.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• so, the IPv6 still can't working? :#

• @yoursunny said:
    So I got a free KVM box (equivalent to the 5.4 EUR plan) for "IPv6 tunnel".
    I haven't setup the tunnel yet, but here are some observations in its networking.

The KVM box doesn't actually have a dedicated /64 subnet.
    The subnet is shared with other VMs.
    When I try to assign the xxxx::1 address, it shows "dadfailed" status, indicating an address conflict.
    I can ping xxxx::1 and xxxx::2 from outside, even if neither address is added on my network interface.

The KVM box can have static IPv6 address due to SLAAC assigning IPv6 address according to MAC address.
    It's unknown whether the IPv6-PD prefix from upstream would ever change.

The KVM box, as well as the OpenVZ box purchased for 5.5 EUR in this offer, seems to have 30ms minimal RTT to any destination.
    There is 44ms RTT over IPv4 between the KVM box and the OpenVZ box.
    While it is possible to establish WireGuard tunnel between the two, it would add 44ms latency to external destinations.

xxxx::1 is mine.

• Is tun/tap enabled on these to run WireGuard?

Hello @elixir it s enable

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by (1)elixir
  • Invoice #772

@awhite2020 open ticket on website and it s possible pay

Regards,
    Calin

• @Calin used your service for nearly a week now. Good server for the price & fast support. Hopefully you will keep your bussiness for a long time!

• @Calin said: but i m try for raising 2k euro for bought a pallet with 50 servers for rented on cheap price

how could you buy 50 servers for 2k O.O are you going to offer dedi servers? do you have in mind how much you would like to charge per month?

Hello @matheny515 thanks , I have a recycling center that brings all kinds of tech equipment from outside, many of the data centers and I know with those so I can get servers at a very cheap price, 80% of the hardward that I own is taken from that recycling center

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by (1)matheny515
  • @matheny515 said:

@Calin said: but i m try for raising 2k euro for bought a pallet with 50 servers for rented on cheap price

how could you buy 50 servers for 2k O.O are you going to offer dedi servers? do you have in mind how much you would like to charge per month?

Just lease some proper hw rather than servers that were EOL 30 years ago

Hello @chris CPU it's E3-1225 v2 it s not very old , kimsufi usage this CPU for black friday from this years

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @Calin said:
    Hello @chris CPU it's E3-1225 v2 it s not very old , kimsufi usage this CPU for black friday from this years

Regards,
    Calin

what's the price point do you have in mind? is it around the same as kimsufi?

• @Calin said:

Regards,
    Calin

A pallet of 50 servers ~ 2k =40 a pop. This is one of the reasons your threads are full of people complaining! I'm not just being a dick, but rather than expanding with a load of already dead servers that you need to save up money for, why not spend 1k on something half decent and expand at a rate you can manage?

I appreciate the hustle, but it just doesn't seem like any decision you make is well thought out - be it buying hacked databases or servers it's always done on the cheap and executed poorly, why not slow down and do things properly?

• edited November 2022

@chris said: why not spend 1k on something half decent and expand at a rate you can manage?

then the service price must increase and no one is gonna buy his service and then he gone @cociu way, I'm okay with crappy CPU, just not with involucration :D

• @matheny515 said:

@chris said: why not spend 1k on something half decent and expand at a rate you can manage?

then the service price must increase and no one is gonna buy his service and then he gone @cociu way, I'm okay with crappy CPU, just not with involucration :D

If the only way is to oversell crappy hardware at ever increasing pace to fuel growth. That's a ponzi scheme sir.

edited November 2022

Hello @chris thanks for you feedback , is not overselling the most likely abuse, for example the node in this offer has the following specifications

2x e5-2450l
    192 GB ram
    1x 12 TB HDD Exos
    1x 10 GBps network

for 240 VM when you view oversell?

about what I mentioned above, we are already talking about a dedicated server there is impossible to perform poorly, just poor performance of his external, for example network or poor uptime.

@chris said: This is one of the reasons your threads are full of people complaining

There were indeed a few people who complained about the performance of the VPS but again we are talking here about abusers who try to eliminate them as urgently as possible when it is a referral

@chris said: servers it's always done on the cheap and executed poorly, why not slow down and do things properly?

>
    In the last 12 months we have evolved quite a lot, in the past we were much worse set up

@chris said: That's a ponzi scheme sir

Where do you see a ponzi scheme here? I do not think you know what that means, would be that I ask you 1000 euro and I promise you that I will give you back 4000 euros from nothing

Regards,
    Calin

• @Calin
    can i run docker in it? thanks

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero ccc
  • @kemostar said: can i run docker in it? thanks

I can run docker on the 25eur/mon plan, not sure about his though

• edited November 2022

@matheny515 said:

@kemostar said: can i run docker in it? thanks

25 euro/month?
    or
    25 euro/year?

• edited November 2022

@adwsislife said:

@matheny515 said:

@kemostar said: can i run docker in it? thanks

25 euro/month?
    or
    25 euro/year?

25 euro/year :D

• When will you stock some smaller KVM storage? It's OK no IPv4.

Hello @ccc for now don t know exactly , but after bought 50 servers we plan to build a cluster of 240 TB and most likely then that will mean in the next 3-4 months I hope

Thanked by (2)bliss ccc
  • @Calin said:
    Hello @ccc for now don t know exactly , but after bought 50 servers we plan to build a cluster of 240 TB and most likely then that will mean in the next 3-4 months I hope

50 servers? That's not a small amount.
    As long as your service stays stable, I'm sure your business will flourish, better and better.

MicroLXC is lovable.

• @chris said: Just lease some proper hw rather than servers that were EOL 30 years ago

>

Some companies regularly replace their hardware and their period is surprisingly short. However, the better garbage will be given priority by the "big player". The poor ones are resold elsewhere in bulk without testing and cleaning.

Action and Reaction in history

• Any chance to get ipv6 support?

• edited November 2022

Invoice #798
    Also please check Ticket #JNR-889287 @Calin

• edited November 2022

invoice #800
    payment show Unpaid please review thanks
    Update:
    payment done

• Invoice #801