[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @EXT4 said: Can you do it biennially ?

F! i thought why @FAT32 haggling with @virmach =)

Thanked by (2)yoursunny storm
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@EXT4 said: I assume I can buy one preset with BF2022Spec2536 discount, then purchase another customization with BF2022?

Yes

• @tridinebandim said:

@EXT4 said: Can you do it biennially ?

F! i thought why @FAT32 haggling with @virmach =)

How prurient, I am superior EXT4, be aware of your manner

"Humanity is f*cked up" - Jay

• @EXT4 said:
    Also don't you think it is time to start another thread?

and deny this thread the ability to get to page 1000? for shame!

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • EXT4EXT4 Retired
    edited November 2022

@VirMach said:

@EXT4 said: I assume I can buy one preset with BF2022Spec2536 discount, then purchase another customization with BF2022?

Yes

Cool, also can you double something or bring the old lottery back?

Thanked by (1)vyas

• @bliss said:

@theloafingone said:
    Not sure why I noticed this. Just had the tab open to compare with other BF deals I guess.
    Anyways, looks like there have been some changes to https://virmach.com/special-offers/
    Something in the works behind the scenes?

Yes, I feel that way too. About in the beginning of 2022, maybe some personnel has been changed, which can be sensed from
    1. no more affordable VPS offers (under 10 usd per year);
    2. inpatient attitude towards customers;
    3. delay of deliveries (promised IPv6 has not been deployed; my large storage VPS in Japan is still pending)
    4. cannot talk, or I'll be banned.

I don't expect anything from virmach, $1 yearly is just a traditional joke on Black Friday. People like free thing, after all.

Sorry I wasn't more clear. I was basically saying that someone is getting the page ready for BF.

For the record, I don't believe that the pricing is unfair in any way. With the way energy prices are rising, sub $10/year VPS are unsustainable for the most part. This can be confirmed by taking a look at other big players in the lowend VPS space.

Virmach's impatience towards customers is something that you could argue, but I don't really give a damn as long as the service and price are where I need it to be. As someone who's worked customer service before and reading through both this and the other forum's threads, I honestly can't blame him. There are some real pieces of work on the internet.

Regarding the delays, there has always been an option for a refund if the deadline of your project requires something in the here and now. That being said, after it's all said and done, I still haven't seen a BF deal better than the Virmach Tokyo VPS I picked up earlier this year with regards to performance or price. After all the dust has settled and the issues have been worked out, things have been rock solid.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @EXT4 said:

=) D O U B L E - B A N D W I D T H =)

• @EXT4 said:

@VirMach said:

Yes

Your downtime has been doubled.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • EXT4EXT4 Retired
    edited November 2022

@theloafingone said: I still haven't seen a BF deal better than the Virmach Tokyo VPS I picked up earlier this year with regards to performance or price.

Virmach Tokyo storage is no-brainer cuz its absurd 6TB bandwidth despite long appending time and CPU steal burst.

However compare to some competitor
    pro:
    1. Can customize as you need
    con:
    1. Have to pay for 2 years
    2. Long ticket waiting time
    3. Customization limit once

@EXT4 said: However

Customizer will only work to your favor price-wise if you pick exactly how much you're going to use, it's a chance for everyone to get less than what they require and fine tune it. So if that is exactly what you need, and another provider already has it, chances are it will be at least a little bit cheaper.

But if you didn't need all of that then there's a chance to get it lower. For example if you wanted that same plan but with one core instead of two cores, then it's $39.96 for 2 years versus $22 per year or $44 after 2 years. Even then though if you go 3 years then you get more disk and bandwidth with the other, and at $20 a year. So while we end up being 4 cents cheaper if you plan on actually using the extra disk and bandwidth then that makes more sense.

edited November 2022

@EXT4 said: 1. Have to pay for 2 years
    2. Long ticket waiting time

After we fix #2 we might fix #1 (and maybe #3)

• @VirMach said:

@EXT4 said: However

Customizer will only work to your favor price-wise if you pick exactly how much you're going to use, it's a chance for everyone to get less than what they require and fine tune it. So if that is exactly what you need, and another provider already has it, chances are it will be at least a little bit cheaper.

But if you didn't need all of that then there's a chance to get it lower. For example if you wanted that same plan but with one core instead of two cores, then it's $39.96 for 2 years versus $22 per year or $44 after 2 years. Even then though if you go 3 years then you get more disk and bandwidth with the other, and at $20 a year. So while we end up being 4 cents cheaper if you plan on actually using the extra disk and bandwidth then that makes more sense.

People aren't supposed to actually use their BF deals, they're supposed to run YABS once and then idle it until renewal. What plan is best for this?

Thanked by (2)FrankZ someTom
    edited November 2022

@fluttershy said:
    People aren't supposed to actually use their BF deals, they're supposed to run YABS once and then idle it until renewal. What plan is best for this?

I can generate one for you, it'll say whatever you want it to say and then not be functional. $5 a year. If you want to be able to run YABS once, $20 setup fee.

• Virmach won't start another thread,

It is the time and place, @FrankZ

Thanked by (2)tototo yoursunny

If we can get IPv4 addresses to float around and disk loaded in on-demand, we already have a product line planned where you basically only get billed when the VM is powered on though. I'll update you guys when we finally get it done sometime in 2037.

• edited November 2022

@EXT4 said:
    Virmach won't start another thread,

Oops, wrong account

Clicked the wrong Firefox container

smartass shitposting satirist

@Flying_Chinaman said: Oops, wrong account

If you don't actually buy your Flying Chinaman special I'll be highly disappointed in you.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2022

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@EXT4 said:
    Virmach won't start another thread,

Oops, wrong account

You thought we did not already know ?

Thanked by (2)vyas Wonder_Woman

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

I love it, people are registering for a second account to order the special then confused promo code isn't working, and now they've successfully eliminated themselves from the pool of people eligible to order because both their accounts gets flagged and flagged accounts can't make a successful order.

• VirMach probably have a counter on his desktop at this point:
    Real customers: 15981
    Accounts in system: 7812587.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach said: If you don't actually buy your Flying Chinaman special I'll be highly disappointed in you.

To be brutally honest, I would if I failed to hoard cheaper deals from Vietnam dudes after cyber Monday

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@VirMach said: If you don't actually buy your Flying Chinaman special I'll be highly disappointed in you.

To be brutally honest, I would if I failed to hoard cheaper deals from Vietnam dudes after cyber Monday

IDK buddy that doesn't look like your requested 4.5GB / 50GB / 3 Core / 4TB / 2 IPv4 deal.

• edited November 2022

@VirMach said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@VirMach said: If you don't actually buy your Flying Chinaman special I'll be highly disappointed in you.

IDK buddy that doesn't look like your requested 4.5GB / 50GB / 3 Core / 4TB / 2 IPv4 deal.

Chad, it means to replace Contabo since they has increased their price

Struggling between 4.5GB / 50GB nvme / 3vCore Ryzen / 4TB / 2 IPv4 vs LET 6666

@Flying_Chinaman said: Struggling between 4.5GB / 50GB nvme / 3vCore Ryzen / 4TB / 2 IPv4 vs LET 6666

What's their AUP on the CPU? I guess it depends on your bottleneck but I'd personally go for ours having experienced both 3 core Ryzen and 6 core E5 (but not v4, unless it's a 2620v4 which I absolutely hated.)

• @MX1024 said:

@cybertech said:

@MX1024 said:

@Astro said:

@MX1024 said:
    I got a VPS from someone and I plan to buy a new VPS on Black Friday, so I set up a new account. Now I have submitted a ticket, hoping to transfer the original VPS to the new account.Ticket #980919,Thanks.

So if you didn't have an account how did you get the first VPS?

The original account was not registered by myself and I was worried about being restricted from using it later.

i think this falls under what Virmach wants to clean up, so it should be fine

@VirMach Looks like I missed it after all.

@VirMach said:
    I love it, people are registering for a second account to order the special then confused promo code isn't working, and now they've successfully eliminated themselves from the pool of people eligible to order because both their accounts gets flagged and flagged accounts can't make a successful order.

I don't want to sign up for a second account, but I'm afraid to buy a new VPS on my original account because I don't know if it will be restricted from being used.

edited November 2022

@MX1024 said: I don't want to sign up for a second account, but I'm afraid to buy a new VPS on my original account because I don't know if it will be restricted from being used.

There's many actions that flag original accounts, it's not just ordering. But you shouldn't worry, unless you have ever had a second account. We're actually adding it to creation of tickets too soon.

• @VirMach are all locations ryzen?

Team push-ups!

• edited November 2022

@VirMach I have two active services with you but the customizer won't give me 50% off during checkout. I'm sure I'm missing something just don't know what.

Maybe @FrankZ can help?

Team push-ups!

• Virmach!

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Astro said:
    @VirMach I have two active services with you but the customizer won't give me 50% off during checkout. I'm sure I'm missing something just don't know what.

Maybe @FrankZ can help?

Your logged in, not seeing the price displayed on the customizer when you get to the the cart, and there is no "BF2022 - 50% Recurring Discount" code showing in promo code field? Is that correct?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

This discussion has been closed.