[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @deafness said:
    @VirMach Can you help me solve this problem? I can't do any operation, and I can't even have functions such as issuing the ticket

Just offhand, I think you need to have checked the "Payment Agreement" box, the dialog you've got explains what situations won't actually charge you and yours should fall under that.

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@AlwaysSkint said: Patiently awaiting rDNS delegation (not)...

Yeah I think we're being ignored by them. Not sure what's going on specifically but they didn't even send us an invoice for the month, I had to remind them to bill us.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Anyone notice their additional IP not showing up in WHMCS/SolusVM?
    Was doing checking/updates and I just spotted my additional two are missing. They appear to ping from outside, so gonna try a couple of websites on them.
    :'(

[I'll also need to try to find the means to request them back (again) - I think it was mentioned somewhere in this thread.]

Edit: IPs are active/bound and websites can be accessed using them.

Uhhh, can you make a ticket and mention I asked you to make it so I can spot it out? I'd ask you to private message me but I have like 80 of those shuffling around right now.

@user127 said:
    @VirMach May I trouble you for an urgency renewal billing issue? Invoice #1500688, it has been paid already with my credit balance, but somehow it still says Unpaid and display an unpaid $0.00 invoice on the home page. I opened a ticket for this 7 days ago and still Non-response. I'd like to wait with patience for longer if it wasn't about server renewal, but the server is already suspended because of this $0.00 overdue invoice and expires SOON.

Please take a look ASAP.
    Thank you.

WHMCS bug that never got fixed. For this you need to make sure you close the ticket and create one in priority department. It still qualifies for free support under our list of permitted priority tickets.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ user127
  • edited December 2022

@VirMach said: ..can you make a ticket..

The transfer request one will become irrelevant, due to service expiry, today. I had replied to your query on it. Once that happens, I'll raise a solitary Ticket.

Edit: Ticket #904471

In other news, Atlanta is being hammered again. :( Glad I renewed the CHI nameserver, after all.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny AuroraZero

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• Virmach, I have a problem with multiple accounts, how do I pay to merge them into one account

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @KuYeHQ said: I have a problem with multiple accounts..

That took you long enough to 'fess up!
    If justice was served then you should now be past the window of opportunity/amnesty.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero ariq01

• After paying with Alipay, Alipay payment is successful.But the bill shows that it has not been paid.Succeeded in paying with paypal again.What should we do with Alipay now?Please help me. Thank you very much.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • JabJab
    edited December 2022

@AlwaysSkint said: That took you long enough to 'fess up!
    If justice was served then you should now be past the window of opportunity/amnesty.

Maybe he means SolusVM accounts and for those you could pay to have merged!
    But it was years ago when I had like 30 services then and it was like 3-5$ each I decided fuck no :D

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero AlwaysSkint

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @AlwaysSkint said: In other news, Atlanta is being hammered again.

Yes. I/O load shot up and now seems dead.

• @bakageta said:

@deafness said:
    @VirMach Can you help me solve this problem? I can't do any operation, and I can't even have functions such as issuing the ticket

Just offhand, I think you need to have checked the "Payment Agreement" box, the dialog you've got explains what situations won't actually charge you and yours should fall under that.

No, I checked that option

• @Jab said: Maybe he means SolusVM accounts and for those you could pay to have merged!

Yeah, kinda strange that with other providers, multiple services are combined into one SolusVM by default. In theory, it is more secure to have individual instances IF you have a note of all their logins. :|

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AlwaysSkint said:

@Jab said: Maybe he means SolusVM accounts and for those you could pay to have merged!

Yeah, kinda strange that with other providers, multiple services are combined into one SolusVM by default. In theory, it is more secure to have individual instances IF you have a note of all their logins. :|

I think the reason VirMach does separate SolusVM for each VPS is it is better for security reasons, as you have a separate login for each VPS and to take a step out of transfers. This way he does not need to separate the VPS in SolusVM when a transfer is requested.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

@Jab said: Maybe he means SolusVM accounts and for those you could pay to have merged!

I think the reason VirMach does separate SolusVM for each VPS is it is better for security reasons, as you have a separate login for each VPS and to take a step out of transfers. This way he does not need to separate the VPS in SolusVM when a transfer is requested.

You might be on to something. Back when I was newb, I asked to have all my systems put onto a single SolusVM instance. They very nicely said, "We can do this if you like but you won't be able to transfer anymore."

• skorupionskorupion Services Provider

@VirMach u looking for an employee :wink:

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• @skorupion said:

Sure. You are the right ppl.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @nightcat said:

@skorupion said:

Sure. You are the right ppl.

Maybe one of them, but not more.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero chimichurri
  • @VirMach said: Your answer's somewhere in my post above, good luck.

my server got shutdown again, I can't figure out what I am wrong, the only reason I can find is my disk write speed over 10M/s avg in the last 24hours. now I am trying to migrate my bot(it made so much write) to another server. thx for your work.

the gap in 10:00 is the latest shutdown by the system
    honestly, I want to ask if can I buy io upgrade addon, maybe it can solve my issue.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • Glad to see ATL010 back up. Boy, did that get a good thrashing! Was it some eejits running bots, one wonders?
    Ban 'em, ban 'em all. ]:

Downtime: 19 hr 58 min

• fun fact:virmach has better latency when you do a HTTP request to binance API compare to AWS and vultr
    virmach is the best provider to host your "million businesses" on their 2$/month server🤣

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • @VirMach My VPS traffic was abnormal suddenly. In order to find out the reason, I shut down the vps, and found that even though it was shut down, the traffic consumption per hour was still greater than 1GB. Please check the metering system. I did not find a suitable corresponding ticket option to submit. The server is located at node 'FFME007', and I did not find a corresponding option to safely submit a service ticket. I made traffic records manually, maybe it can help you check the problem.

2022-12-05 08:58 | 1000.95 MB of 500 GB Used / 499.02 GB Free
    2022-12-09 09:07 | 55.76 GB of 500 GB Used / 444.24 GB Free
    2022-12-09 20:16 | 71.12 GB of 500 GB Used / 428.88 GB Free
    2022-12-09 23:42 | 75.54 GB of 500 GB Used / 424.46 GB Free
    2022-12-10 07:31 | 85.38 GB of 500 GB Used / 414.62 GB Free

• I confess- I'm the one who broke DALZ008 network. https://status.virm.ac/?s=62beefa9b86ae12ad35209ec

It was not intentional. What happened was that it was running so smoothly with no downtime for the past two months or more I decided to set up email (incoming only) on it. And it worked great! That went so well I got cocky and decided it was finally time to put in a ticket for my little RAM issue- my service plan is for 896MB RAM but when it got migrated to Ryzen the RAM got cut back to around 850MB. The VPS ran great with 850MB but it's been a many months since upgrade, things seem less chaotic, so it was time to put in the request...

And the next day can't access anything and the status panel appears to be showing the network is down for about 16 hours.

It's me, I know it. Am sorry fellow DALLAS 8 neighbors.

But seriously just a coincidence (right?) and am sure it will be up again soon!

• @VirMach
    When will the 'Redeploy Button' could be available again?

@JDMcPea said:
    I confess- I'm the one who broke DALZ008 network. https://status.virm.ac/?s=62beefa9b86ae12ad35209ec

It was not intentional. What happened was that it was running so smoothly with no downtime for the past two months or more I decided to set up email (incoming only) on it. And it worked great! That went so well I got cocky and decided it was finally time to put in a ticket for my little RAM issue- my service plan is for 896MB RAM but when it got migrated to Ryzen the RAM got cut back to around 850MB. The VPS ran great with 850MB but it's been a many months since upgrade, things seem less chaotic, so it was time to put in the request...

And the next day can't access anything and the status panel appears to be showing the network is down for about 16 hours.

It's me, I know it. Am sorry fellow DALLAS 8 neighbors.

But seriously just a coincidence (right?) and am sure it will be up again soon!

I don't think it'll be up soon. Dallas is a nightmare location, and the board just decided to go into a loop and won't let me on, and it's the weekend. Good news is... that it's not really down. But that's also the bad news.

@LinuxWinMAC said: @VirMach My VPS traffic was abnormal suddenly. In order to find out the reason, I shut down the vps, and found that even though it was shut down, the traffic consumption per hour was still greater than 1GB. Please check the metering system. I did not find a suitable corresponding ticket option to submit. The server is located at node 'FFME007', and I did not find a corresponding option to safely submit a service ticket. I made traffic records manually, maybe it can help you check the problem.

Possible IP stealing involved or misconfiguration. I don't know what you mean about the tickets, we don't have a specific button for IP stealing report but it's on the list to add. So it's best if you just create it in technical support department and for title mention "My VPS traffic was abnormal suddenly."

https://billing.virmach.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4

Thanked by (2)FrankZ JDMcPea

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Glad to see ATL010 back up. Boy, did that get a good thrashing! Was it some eejits running bots, one wonders?
    Ban 'em, ban 'em all. ]:

Downtime: 19 hr 58 min

Still trying to figure out what happened here. It looks like a situation where it should have crashed and alerted us but didn't. So I guess that's the good news, and the bad news for this one as well.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint
    edited December 2022

@taizi said:

@VirMach said: Your answer's somewhere in my post above, good luck.

my server got shutdown again, I can't figure out what I am wrong, the only reason I can find is my disk write speed over 10M/s avg in the last 24hours. now I am trying to migrate my bot(it made so much write) to another server. thx for your work.

the gap in 10:00 is the latest shutdown by the system
    honestly, I want to ask if can I buy io upgrade addon, maybe it can solve my issue.

Make a ticket, mention LES I/O issue and your username, priority department in this case so I can pick it out quick, and then give me access to log in and run some stuff to compare.

Also give me more info on your monitoring system so I can see how it measures things and if you can, info on your disk mount setup.

(edit) You might not be able to use priority department in which case just the title is fine, technical department.

Thanked by (1)taizi
    edited December 2022

@skorupion said:

Yes and no but I feel like I've already gone over why. I did look into setting up GPT3 and waiting for GPT4 though and have an old old plan in place for that. Until then just rehauling some of the support stuff will probably do more than hiring someone, we got it to a good point and then obviously it just all fell apart as did everything else in 2022.

@skorous said: You might be on to something. Back when I was newb, I asked to have all my systems put onto a single SolusVM instance. They very nicely said, "We can do this if you like but you won't be able to transfer anymore."

Oh man how times have changed. I genuinely don't think if anyone asked I'd nicely say we can do it but you can't transfer or it may cause issues, the ticket would just get closed or marked "rejected." We definitely need to get to a position where we can go back to being nice and answering those types of questions and requests.

@AlwaysSkint said:

@FrankZ said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

I believe other providers combine it because they just have it on default module, and default settings. I actually recently broke ours trying to fix some other stuff in maintenance the other week so the functionality is fully broken anyway, but we originally did this a long time ago mostly because we had a lot of "resellers" back then, and they wanted split accounts so they could give it out to their customers. Resellers as in people who properly contacted us, something a lot of these MJJs could probably be if any of them actually reached out to us and played by the rules.

Anyway, back then we didn't really have the capability to let users decide one way or the other.

The other reasons included security, makes transfers possible without potential for as much human error, and because at this point everyone had their own preferences and it just seemed to work better split off especially when on the billing area we added more controls and you could already manage them in a bundle there. Plus, final reason was probably my personal preference, I don't like linking out to a bunch of external systems and I want it to do as little as possible only when necessary, and having it all bundled up basically encouraged people to only use SolusVM. This of course caused new issues such as people desyncing their emails, reselling just the SVM logins (not that splitting it helped, but it did help people expect it/want it.) And yes, sometimes people would set really weak SVM passwords and then get partially hacked this way, and I think that brings us up to maybe 2016 or 2017? So by the time we could actually let people decide, we did, but only for full/regular plans to avoid the previously mentioned new issue, and around the same time we also stopped emailing out the login details and stopped mentioning it as much and stopped honoring requests to get their usernames to split it off like that.

Then later on, the functionality got taken out for picking your user during signup, maybe around 2020-2021 or so.

Mostest recently, I also disabled direct logins, just to fully eliminate bruteforcing, resales, questions about user/passwords, people trying to enter root login or their billing info on SolusVM, etc.

But yeah security was most likely #1 and more specifically if someone did get hacked, it's better the hacker doesn't have access to all their VMs. And again just encouraged using single signon through WHMCS instead of logging into like 10 separate accounts.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint

@deafness said:

@bakageta said:

@deafness said:

No, I checked that option

This appears to be working as intended. Stop trying to make a priority ticket, it's attempting to save you from making a $15 mistake.

@Jab said:

@AlwaysSkint said: That took you long enough to 'fess up!

Maybe he means SolusVM accounts and for those you could pay to have merged!
    But it was years ago when I had like 30 services then and it was like 3-5$ each I decided fuck no :D

We didn't actually use to charge $3-5 each. It used to just be $5 but I think we told people the standard rate just to discourage it, and of course it was the "valid" price for it. But if anyone actually said sure charge me $3 each to do it, we'd just charge them $5 flat. VirMach secret lifehack.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ tototo AlwaysSkint

@KuYeHQ said:
    Virmach, I have a problem with multiple accounts, how do I pay to merge them into one account

I won't be able to help you, I know who you are and you have a lot of them. Not enough time to do it right now. Later on the rate is $15/15 minutes. I'd say yours would take about at least 4 hours but if you just wanted to merge one cluster then probably free for a limited time while I handle everyone's without charging them.

This discussion has been closed.