VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @qeba said:
    my service now active but the VPS still offline, tried re-install/boot it but still offline :(

Have you looked at the console/VNC? What does it say?

• @shallow said:

Sup V?

You're a brave man.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

What do you say we allow each other to have different opinions and not attack each other on a personal level. In this thread all opinions on VirMach are encouraged to be expressed.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @shallow said:

Sup V?

Well... it's pending, it's not active yet, it might need a ticket or two... would you take $2 for it?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

How are you... online?

• @root said:

@shallow said:

Sup V?

Well... it's pending, it's not active yet, it might need a ticket or two... would you take $2 for it?

If you buy it off him for $2, I'll give you $1 for it.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@nutjob I used a lot of HH VMs for a few years because they were kinda cheap with good resources. Then they started to let me down regularly and the support was nonexistent. I got frustrated and transferred or cancelled all my services with them last year. I seldom talk about them, do not visit HH threads on the OGF, and surely will not buy anything from them in the future. I figured they have a right to run their business as they see fit and I have the right to buy from whomever I want.

The thing I have a hard time understanding is why some folks keep buying from VirMach when they know that VirMach does not meet their expectations year after year. It almost seems like they are in an abusive relationship thinking that if I complain loud enough, often enough, they will change. Why not just move on and buy from a provider that makes them happy ? (that was a rhetorical question)

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• rootroot OG
    edited January 2023

@nutjob said:

@root said:

@shallow said:

Sup V?

Whoa! That is too high! Could you do $0.5?

How are you... online?

• @FrankZ said:
    What do you say we allow each other to have different opinions and not attack each other on a personal level. In this thread all opinions on VirMach are encouraged to be expressed.

I dunno, delayed servers seems to be the third rail of LES. People demand instant gratification.

• @FrankZ said:
    The thing I have a hard time understanding is why some folks keep buying from VirMach when they know that VirMach does not meet their expectations year after year. It almost seems like they are in an abusive relationship thinking that if I complain loud enough, often enough, they will change. Why not just move on and buy from a provider that makes them happy ? (that was a rhetorical question)

Thanked by (3)nutjob FrankZ ehab

How are you... online?

• @FrankZ said:
    @nutjob I used a lot of HH VMs for a few years because they were kinda cheap with good resources. Then they started to let me down regularly and the support was nonexistent. I got frustrated and transferred or cancelled all my services with them last year. I seldom talk about them, do not visit HH threads on the OGF, and surely will not buy anything from them in the future. I figured they have a right to run their business as they see fit and I have the right to buy from whomever I want.

Yeah I don't get that bit either. If VirMach is so bad why are these people here? I don't get it. And if you suggest that VirMach is perfectly acceptable in its behaviour... god help you.

I've had similar experiences with HostHatch. Their support is pretty ordinary, but I do like their custom management website, it kills about 99.9% of support issues. It's really quite good (if a little buggy).

But VirMach and HostHatch give me what I need: cheap deals. I don't need support. I don't need 100% uptime. I don't need the server this very minute. I need compute, storage and bandwidth at the lowest possible price.

Thanked by (1)emengweb
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@qeba said:
    my service now active but the VPS still offline, tried re-install/boot it but still offline :(

You can try going to SolusVM and power it off wait 10 minutes. Reinstall the Alma8 template and see if it starts. If not It's probably broken. Virmach will need to fix it. It is probably not going to get fixed fast, but check it every now and then in the SolusVM panel and when it shows blank where the O/S (Alma8Linux) normally shows, you should be ready to go. Reinstall Alma8, make sure it boots up and then install the O/S of choice. I have one in the same boat for the past two weeks. A ticket is not normally required, as VirMach makes the rounds and fixes them automatically.

• @nutjob said: Have you looked at the console/VNC? What does it say?

cannot access the console, even inside the solusVM it's says offline -

• @root said:

@nutjob said:

@root said:

@shallow said:

Sup V?

Man, you really drive a hard bargain. I can't do less that $0.25, that's my final offer.

• @nutjob said:

@root said:

@nutjob said:

@root said:

@shallow said:

Sup V?

Man, you really drive a hard bargain. I can't do less that $0.25, that's my final offer.

No. I can't give it of $0.25 - the potential is there. I wanted at least $0.15. It seems we can't do business on such beautiful pending service.

How are you... online?

• I hate you all.

• @shallow said:
    I hate you all.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

How are you... online?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@nutjob said:

@FrankZ said:

I've had similar experiences with HostHatch. Their support is pretty ordinary, but I do like their custom management website, it kills about 99.9% of support issues. It's really quite good (if a little buggy).

But VirMach and HostHatch give me what I need: cheap deals. I don't need support. I don't need 100% uptime. I don't need the server this very minute. I need compute, storage and bandwidth at the lowest possible price.

I have no problem with you using HH and if they work for you I think that is great. There is a lot of things to like about their service. The problem was really mine in that I expected HH to be something it was not and ran things that were not fault tolerant on their VMs. I understood that was my mistake in judgement so I just moved on. I run a distributed, redundant, fault tolerant system on VirMach which I think is somewhat similar to what you do, so comparing the two is not what I was attempting to do as my use cases are apples and oranges. Personally I don't think any one provider can make everybody happy and still be low end.

Thanked by (2)emengweb chimichurri

• @nutjob said:

All that, AND you get Drama too!

I'll second this as someone using this for my own education and development, Virmach provides an affordable multi-location setup, with no risk of cost overruns.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ emengweb DanSummer
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

virmach having no support is not that bad. but the time taken to get their servers back up, is not fantastic. maybe time to change all unstable hardware to 7950X!

Thanked by (1)chimichurri

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited January 2023

im a CEO that's right!

Chief
    Entertainment Officer

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:
    im a CEO that's right!

Chief
    Entertainment Officer

You sound ready to kick off in the HostHatch thread. By the way they said 17 Jan, but not which year.

• @nutjob said:

@Fritz said:

@nutjob said:

@Mumbly said:

@nutjob said:
    Low end servers are great, but people seem to buy them thinking they're going to get a full-priced product. They're delusional, it's not possible. They think there is such thing as a free lunch.

For everyone else who understands the limitations of these products, they're a great deal and super useful.

VirMach should keep doing everything required to make these products sustainable, especially by reducing support, which is irrelevant to VPS performance.

Outside of billing issues, there should be no ability to create tickets at all, and all support should be here in the forum.

You're obviously new in low end market, because there's so much of bullshit written above that I don't even know where to start answering.

Yes, there around are lowend hosts who are actually decent in every possible way. Have you ever tryed something like Inceptionhosting? What about BuyVM? Prometeus? Ramnode? Not to mention all those superawesome hosts like Securedragon, Xenvz.co.uk, etc.. who served low end market with almost 100% uptime and performance for a decade if not more before they moved further.
    You want something really cool, for a low price and almost instant support response? There's greencloudvps for you. Heck even some Racknerd support usually answer within 5 minutes. But most of the time you don't even need to contact support because their infrastructure actually work from the moment you pay for it.
    And where do you see free lunch? Hosting business is not a charity. Someone earn for a living with selling their product to you.
    Another moronic thing you posted is that "all support should be here in the forum". In the forum? How old are you? You're in f.. business relationshipt with a host and forum should be the last resort to communicate with host regarding service issues. Are you really that dumb, or you only act that way?
    Most people here around don't need support per se, they just need from host to provide fully working infrastructure. How's their fault when host drop the ball here?
    I understand that people should have some reasonable expectations from low priced products however lets not act like paying customer don't deserve the product as advertised.

Oh boy, are you ok? Seriously, you sound like you're about to have a heart attack, a stroke or a psychotic break, possibly all three.

Going by the mistyped, incoherent rant that follows, I think you may have had at least 2 out of 3. None of it even makes sense. (Also you should google "no free lunch").

You suggest I'm new to this business, did you think to check my join date on LET? It says March 2013. What does yours say?

You list a bunch of providers, none of which do deals as cheap as VirMach's flash sales. Great! I can get more and better service for more money! Who could have known! Somewhere along the line you missed that low end means cheaper, not more expensive, less not more. Maybe I can draw you a picture so you'll understand?

You question my maturity and generally lose your mind because I suggested that support should be provided in the forum. But wait, we're on LES, a forum that was created by Inception Hosting where they could provide the sole means of support for their cheapest VPSes. Yup they thought of it before I did. You should send them a note calling them names too!

OK, now that I've comprehensively humiliated you, I'm going to move on.

Reading your statements make me understand why you are acting like this.

I'm assuming you're used to live in a world of low standards, You have a low level of self-confidence.

So you're used to or at least try to apprehend every low standard because it's cheap.

It's okay bro, nothing is wrong with that, we just live in different standards.

Jesus Christ what is wrong with the people here? It's like the whining and MJJ has become a virus and is infecting everyone.

Delay a server for a couple of weeks and people go off the deep end. It's shocking! It's like a touched a nerve: "I MUST HAVE MY SERVER!!! I WILL LOSE MILLIONS IF IT IS NOT IDLING RIGHT NOW!!! SHUT YOUR FILTHY NUTJOB MOUTH!!!"

I mean I have the termity to come here, LowEndSpirit.com, and demand LOW END deals. And for that I get called names! It seems there is no spirit left here.

Oh well, can anyone suggest a website where people actually want to PAY LESS for their servers? No? No takers?

But yeah, to answer your brain hemorrhage: I'm running a distributed system. The amount I pay for servers goes directly to the bottom line, so they must be as cheap as possible for the given resources. If one node goes down (or is delayed) it entirely doesn't matter. In fact it's good because it help me work out different failure modes.

So now you know!

Jesus oh Jesus!

You are a kind of person who is agree on:

Pay a special rate Ticket, for example, from Soest to Dortmund and not expecting to arrive at Dortmund because the ticket price is at discounted rate. It's okay, it's cheap!

Let me remind you, there are rules here (not obligatory here though), that protects both buyer and seller.

For example, only Hosters with provider tag are allowed to post offer, why, to protect buyer from scam providers (one of the reason).

Well, we are at different point of view I guess.

I'm agree if these derailed posts be moved to moan thread by @FrankZ @ChadFranz if necessary.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

@Fritz said: Let me remind you, there are rules here (not obligatory here though), that protects both buyer and seller.
    For example, only Hosters with provider tag are allowed to post offer, why, to protect buyer from scam providers (one of the reason).

From the rules:
    LES is a buyer beware market, it is not possible to pre-filter every offer or host.
    As previously stated this is a buyer beware forum, some efforts will be made to prevent people from falling victim to obvious scams, however, this forum is not a nanny state as others in the industry tend to be you must apply common sense.
    Do not buy yearly deals from a company that has not even been in business for a year.

It's really from review threads or member comments that we all try to make judgements about how a provider may fit our needs. Based on Masons previous statements the community can voice their opinions in many places on this forum so that people who are considering purchasing from a provider can make a reasonably informed decision, LES in no way can protect you from a provider that you purchase from. As an example, who would have though NexusBytes could be the next deadpool ? Staff can try our best to keep the obvious scams away from LES, but in the end we are just like you, members of a community, trying to make our best judgements about a provider, before we hand out a tag.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

• @Fritz said:

@nutjob said:

@Fritz said:

@nutjob said:

@Mumbly said:

@nutjob said:
    Low end servers are great, but people seem to buy them thinking they're going to get a full-priced product. They're delusional, it's not possible. They think there is such thing as a free lunch.

For everyone else who understands the limitations of these products, they're a great deal and super useful.

VirMach should keep doing everything required to make these products sustainable, especially by reducing support, which is irrelevant to VPS performance.

Outside of billing issues, there should be no ability to create tickets at all, and all support should be here in the forum.

You're obviously new in low end market, because there's so much of bullshit written above that I don't even know where to start answering.

Yes, there around are lowend hosts who are actually decent in every possible way. Have you ever tryed something like Inceptionhosting? What about BuyVM? Prometeus? Ramnode? Not to mention all those superawesome hosts like Securedragon, Xenvz.co.uk, etc.. who served low end market with almost 100% uptime and performance for a decade if not more before they moved further.
    You want something really cool, for a low price and almost instant support response? There's greencloudvps for you. Heck even some Racknerd support usually answer within 5 minutes. But most of the time you don't even need to contact support because their infrastructure actually work from the moment you pay for it.
    And where do you see free lunch? Hosting business is not a charity. Someone earn for a living with selling their product to you.
    Another moronic thing you posted is that "all support should be here in the forum". In the forum? How old are you? You're in f.. business relationshipt with a host and forum should be the last resort to communicate with host regarding service issues. Are you really that dumb, or you only act that way?
    Most people here around don't need support per se, they just need from host to provide fully working infrastructure. How's their fault when host drop the ball here?
    I understand that people should have some reasonable expectations from low priced products however lets not act like paying customer don't deserve the product as advertised.

Oh boy, are you ok? Seriously, you sound like you're about to have a heart attack, a stroke or a psychotic break, possibly all three.

Going by the mistyped, incoherent rant that follows, I think you may have had at least 2 out of 3. None of it even makes sense. (Also you should google "no free lunch").

You suggest I'm new to this business, did you think to check my join date on LET? It says March 2013. What does yours say?

You list a bunch of providers, none of which do deals as cheap as VirMach's flash sales. Great! I can get more and better service for more money! Who could have known! Somewhere along the line you missed that low end means cheaper, not more expensive, less not more. Maybe I can draw you a picture so you'll understand?

You question my maturity and generally lose your mind because I suggested that support should be provided in the forum. But wait, we're on LES, a forum that was created by Inception Hosting where they could provide the sole means of support for their cheapest VPSes. Yup they thought of it before I did. You should send them a note calling them names too!

OK, now that I've comprehensively humiliated you, I'm going to move on.

Reading your statements make me understand why you are acting like this.

I'm assuming you're used to live in a world of low standards, You have a low level of self-confidence.

So you're used to or at least try to apprehend every low standard because it's cheap.

It's okay bro, nothing is wrong with that, we just live in different standards.

Jesus Christ what is wrong with the people here? It's like the whining and MJJ has become a virus and is infecting everyone.

Delay a server for a couple of weeks and people go off the deep end. It's shocking! It's like a touched a nerve: "I MUST HAVE MY SERVER!!! I WILL LOSE MILLIONS IF IT IS NOT IDLING RIGHT NOW!!! SHUT YOUR FILTHY NUTJOB MOUTH!!!"

I mean I have the termity to come here, LowEndSpirit.com, and demand LOW END deals. And for that I get called names! It seems there is no spirit left here.

Oh well, can anyone suggest a website where people actually want to PAY LESS for their servers? No? No takers?

But yeah, to answer your brain hemorrhage: I'm running a distributed system. The amount I pay for servers goes directly to the bottom line, so they must be as cheap as possible for the given resources. If one node goes down (or is delayed) it entirely doesn't matter. In fact it's good because it help me work out different failure modes.

So now you know!

Jesus oh Jesus!

You are a kind of person who is agree on:

Pay a special rate Ticket, for example, from Soest to Dortmund and not expecting to arrive at Dortmund because the ticket price is at discounted rate. It's okay, it's cheap!

Let me remind you, there are rules here (not obligatory here though), that protects both buyer and seller.

I'm agree if these derailed posts be moved to moan thread by @FrankZ @ChadFranz if necessary.

This is the moan thread, check the title.

But your analogy is off the mark. I'm expecting to arrive at Dortmund, but not on time every time.

At the end of the day the fact is that VirMach has explained the situation with pending delays and it sounds reasonable to me. If he's scamming us all he's very good at it.

But a lot of people here are more focused on not getting things quickly, not the actual VPS, which to me has no inherent value when buying VPSes.

Arguably the quality of VirMach VPSes is higher because their Rysen hardware shits all over the old, much slower Intel gear that most low end providers foist on their customers.

• @qeba said:

@nutjob said: Have you looked at the console/VNC? What does it say?

cannot access the console, even inside the solusVM it's says offline -

looks like server node have problem.
    Advice: wait some days.

• @FrankZ said:

@nutjob said:

@FrankZ said:

I run a distributed, redundant, fault tolerant system on VirMach

Awesome! Want know it base on what Technology or Platform. =)

• rootroot OG
    edited January 2023

@erk said:

@nutjob said:

All that, AND you get Drama too!

I'll second this as someone using this for my own education and development, Virmach provides an affordable multi-location setup, with no risk of cost overruns.

This is absolutely true. Such flash sales are great, but not for environments of production where support is crucial (unless client is willing to pay separate for it).

Surely, testing and development is one usage. But there are also other scenarios, like donating bandwidth to various non-profit projects. As an example, 2 months ago @jimaek was giving away some small single board computers to multiple people, in hopes that many receivers will keep these online over the years to come for his Globalping project which should generate him income from corporations later. In my opinion many extremely small and low-end servers (from Virmach or other providers) could have done the exact same thing, making such flash sales perfect for production within a project like Globalping, where everything can be ephemeral and easily installed with just a script.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

How are you... online?

• @VirMach said:

@fluttershy said:

@nutjob said:

@VirMach said:
    The current sale

You should call it the RackMerd sale.

CageGeek

That one's already taken... by me, 10 seconds ago. Our #1 expenditure is domain names we'll never use.

Hello, when can the $24.6 vps be opened?