VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @alexxgg said:
    Hi there, Happy New Year to all great members, moderators and web hosting providers in this community, especially the ones I've been working with: @Abdullah @MikePT @EvolutionHost @mikho @natvps_uk @Calin @SMARTHOST @Lampard @InceptionHosting and @VirMach. Virmach should have priority for non-priority support =)

they are busy with sale, but in spring they will start answering tickets again

• edited January 2023

Yo ChadGPT @ChadFranz , say anything

smartass shitposting satirist

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited January 2023

TYOC040 is back online

#     Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Fri 20 Jan 2023 03:26:28 PM +08

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 28 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3693.038 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 2.4 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 48.9 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-1-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 289.88 MB/s  (72.4k) | 1.68 GB/s    (26.2k)
    Write      | 290.64 MB/s  (72.6k) | 1.68 GB/s    (26.3k)
    Total      | 580.52 MB/s (145.1k) | 3.36 GB/s    (52.6k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 2.53 GB/s     (4.9k) | 2.49 GB/s     (2.4k)
    Write      | 2.66 GB/s     (5.2k) | 2.65 GB/s     (2.5k)
    Total      | 5.20 GB/s    (10.1k) | 5.14 GB/s     (5.0k)

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 6490
    Multi Core      | 11192
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16702636

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• CHI2Z027 is back online

• miumiu
    edited January 2023

@VirMach

Do you have already refunded all scammed and damaged users (maybe thousands of them?), when you offer "new services again"? You "provider" super-ignorant

Good day and Goodbye

• No other provider caused me so multiple data&service moving and stupidly lost time as you did, you artist

Good day and Goodbye

• And so much frustration i forgot mention too

Good day and Goodbye

• @miu said:
    And so much frustration i forgot mention too

This is your fault for trying to use production on unproven services. I usually hang onto any services for at least a month with monitoring before I even consider it for production. That includes dedicated.

If it's because you bought it and needed it right this very second for a super secret project then after a week you probably should have gone else where. It would have saved you that frustration.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!!

• @AuroraZero said:

@miu said:

This is your fault for trying to use production on unproven services. I usually hang onto any services for at least a month with monitoring before I even consider it for production. That includes dedicated.

If it's because you bought it and needed it right this very second for a super secret project then after a week you probably should have gone else where. It would have saved you that frustration.

Ah i apologize i forgot: He offer service only for playing for ppl who do not know what to do with free time
    All clear now, holiday summer hosting

Good day and Goodbye

• @miu said:

@AuroraZero said:

@miu said:

Ah i apologize i forgot: He offer service only for playing for ppl who do not know what to do with free time

The rules I follow apply to any provider I come across. That means I don't care if you have been in the business 20 years. I treat all services the same. This saves me those head aches you seem to be on a PMS trip over.

I have known most of the providers here for over 10 years and each an every one has their quirks. They have all experienced some kind of shit storm of one kind or another.

If you go on price alone you will have more headaches then you can imagine.

I like Virmach he has always been a stand up person. Right now he is going through the shit storm. I am sure it shall get better just have to give it time. No he is not a Summer host or some scam this I know for sure. You will get what you paid for but probably not as fast as you want.

Thanked by (2)skorous FrankZ

• @miu said:

@AuroraZero said:

@miu said:

You can't say that in this cult dear. Many worshipper will bully you.

The only option is stop using it and move on.
    Many have moved and never look back again, even to this forum.

• @Fritz said:

@miu said:

@AuroraZero said:

@miu said:

I try not bully anyone, at least I hope I have not done so. That was just my take on things was all. Just trying to give a bit of advice to avoid head aches.

Thanked by (1)Caxen

• @Fritz said:

Imo you are right bcs is impossible open eyes of Virmach eternal warriors to realize CHEAP IS GOOD ONLY WHEN UNTIL IT IS STILL USABLE, not cheap is good bcs it is cheap and does not matter if it is not usable (entire months for example)

Too i know many ppl will rather drill into their knee for $8/y (i not)

@VirMach : Good luck to your "business", if $8/y customers will be able keep you alive (who are fine with months of outages all, of course, necessary condition!)

And you definitely don't even deserve any other customers

You never did say "Sorry ppl, i apologize we failed..", instead it you blame all unsatisfied: "So toxic atmosphere, hate speech".. But you forgot just u are main who have made, caused and triggered it and gave reason for it. Try mention me some other LE provider who did so EPIC failure/disaster and harmed so many customers as you did (except. total & in advance intended scams like alpharack, woodhosting, hiformance etc.), not other such exists.

BTW: You seriously should add in top in your TOS red bold and large font sentence:

Order our services only if you are fine and willing to accept that services may be months unavailable, support ticket may be automatically mass-closed without response and solution, IP addresses 10x changed yearly, and you have not problem pay next for services what are long time down/offline.

Good day and Goodbye

• @AuroraZero said:

@miu said:

@AuroraZero said:

@miu said:

The rules I follow apply to any provider I come across. That means I don't care if you have been in the business 20 years. I treat all services the same. This saves me those head aches you seem to be on a PMS trip over.

I have known most of the providers here for over 10 years and each an every one has their quirks. They have all experienced some kind of shit storm of one kind or another.

If you go on price alone you will have more headaches then you can imagine.

I like Virmach he has always been a stand up person. Right now he is going through the shit storm. I am sure it shall get better just have to give it time. No he is not a Summer host or some scam this I know for sure. You will get what you paid for but probably not as fast as you want.

He forgot to apologize for his failure to the damaged (this is what i would to do first and other normal provider too i think are able to say and admit "We apologize we EPIC failed, we will try recover & redress things in following months and refund harmed ppl who leaved us") but rather instead it, he acted like he was the main victim and he is offended by the disgruntled people who paid him. Lack of ability to view things (and own epic failures) from neutral (and other) angles of view.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly

Good day and Goodbye

• miumiu
    edited January 2023

Wrong forum (or at the least thread), where is allowed to post new offers again to provider who has not resolved refunds for unfulfilled obligations to customers

Good day and Goodbye

• @miu said:

Wrong forum (or at the least thread), where is allowed to post new offers again to provider who has not resolved refunds for unfulfilled obligations to customers

Start your own forum then.

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • My VM on TYOC036 is back online, control panel still shows node locked though.

• @VirMach I see you have the time to type out quite lengthy posts here to promote your new products. However, my existing Dedicated IP server has been having issues since August 2022 and you've still not resolved it. You continue to bill me monthly while providing no verbal updates. You say "create a ticket to contact us" about problems and billing issues, but whenever I do, you just merge the tickets together and do not reply with an answer or update. As per my ticket #634655, the last reply I received from you was several months ago and it reads:

"Hi, the ticket isn't being ignored. I understand you've waited a long time but rest assured there's a reason behind it, I promise. I look over the backup restore tickets every day and they always bother me still being around (as in not complete.) We're just trying everything we can as we don't want to just say we're giving up. I'll share some additional details with you later, if you're interested, it's complicated, and I apologize for the wait.

And yes you'll be credited accordingly for the lost duration. I'm closing this one, we'll keep tracking it on the other.

Soheil G."

Why do you say this when, in fact, the ticket IS being ignored? I'm not sure what your definition of 'ignored' is, but to me it means not responding to it or providing any updates for an extended period of time. I also note that you said "I'll share some additional details with you later". Unsurprisingly, these details have not been forthcoming. It's also evident to me that you have not "given up" as you are selling new deals for the New Year.

So, what gives? What's happening? How about you do the right thing and freeze my invoices from being processsed rather than continuing to charge me monthly, until you have fixed the issue and restored the backup? How about dealing with long-standing major customer issues before you start selling new products? How about you put the same time and energy into replying to my issue, as you put into typing responses here?

• @Bonito77 said:
    @VirMach I see you have the time to type out quite lengthy posts here to promote your new products. However, my existing Dedicated IP server has been having issues since August 2022 and you've still not resolved it. You continue to bill me monthly while providing no verbal updates. You say "create a ticket to contact us" about problems and billing issues, but whenever I do, you just merge the tickets together and do not reply with an answer or update. As per my ticket #634655, the last reply I received from you was several months ago and it reads:

"Hi, the ticket isn't being ignored. I understand you've waited a long time but rest assured there's a reason behind it, I promise. I look over the backup restore tickets every day and they always bother me still being around (as in not complete.) We're just trying everything we can as we don't want to just say we're giving up. I'll share some additional details with you later, if you're interested, it's complicated, and I apologize for the wait.

And yes you'll be credited accordingly for the lost duration. I'm closing this one, we'll keep tracking it on the other.

Soheil G."

Why do you say this when, in fact, the ticket IS being ignored? I'm not sure what your definition of 'ignored' is, but to me it means not responding to it or providing any updates for an extended period of time.

I expect his 'ignored' means not looking at it/thinking about it where yours means communicating something about it. From the outside they'll seem the same ( no communication ) but he could very well have spent an hour on it today and you wouldn't know because of terrible communication.

I also note that you said "I'll share some additional details with you later". Unsurprisingly, these details have not been forthcoming. It's also evident to me that you have not "given up" as you are selling new deals for the New Year.

Did you say you were interested? Asking because he says, "if you're interested".

So, what gives? What's happening? How about you do the right thing and freeze my invoices from being processsed rather than continuing to charge me monthly, until you have fixed the issue and restored the backup? How about dealing with long-standing major customer issues before you start selling new products? How about you put the same time and energy into replying to my issue, as you put into typing responses here?

As this isn't related to the current sale, what do you think about taking this over into https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/5175/virmach-complain-moan-praise-chit-chat ? It feels like it belongs there more than here ( just my opinion ).

• edited January 2023

The monitoring of node DAL-Z006 is normal, but the VPS under this node keeps showing offline and has not been working properly.
    It's been like this since I paid for it, it's been bad since I bought it, it's been 20 days today and it's always been bad and not working.

• miumiu
    edited January 2023

@Bonito77 said:
    @VirMach I see you have the time to type out quite lengthy posts here to promote your new products. However, my existing Dedicated IP server has been having issues since August 2022 and you've still not resolved it. You continue to bill me monthly while providing no verbal updates.

This is what i had on the mind (not $8/y vpsers): There were several customers who prepaid dedicated servers yearly, then their servers were in august GONE (virmach announced & marked it as "migration"), and he ignoring these ppl and played dead bug whole following months (probably till now they are not resolved and refunded?). IMO surely this is not the way a serious, honest and trustworthy provider operates. But no problem his believers, defend him and love him for this kind of behavior (of course, i understand, bcs you were not affected and not spat in the face, that other were - no matters, all is fine..)

Good day and Goodbye

• @iKirby said:
    My VM on TYOC036 is back online, control panel still shows node locked though.

Device <redacted>.brueggus.de recovered from Devices up/down
    Severity: critical
      Time elapsed: 6mos 2w 4d

:open_mouth:

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint iKirby

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @miu said:

This is what i had on the mind (not $8/y vpsers): There were several customers who prepaid dedicated servers yearly, then their servers were in august GONE (virmach announced & marked it as "migration"), and he ignoring these ppl and played dead bug whole following months (probably till now they are not resolved and refunded?). IMO surely this is not the way a serious, honest and trustworthy provider operates. But no problem his believers, defend him and love him for this kind of behavior (of course, i understand, bcs you were not affected and not spat in the face, that other were - no matters, all is fine..)

@miu:
    *) this also belongs in the complaint thread.
    *) Bonito77 has a VPS in Tokyo I believe not a dedi.
    *) I have two of those dedis ( one currently functional, one waiting for OS reload ). It's by no means good but he's tried/trying.

Thanked by (1)miu
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Bonito77 said:
    @VirMach I see you have the time to type out quite lengthy posts here to promote your new products. However, my existing Dedicated IP server has been having issues since August 2022 and you've still not resolved it. You continue to bill me monthly while providing no verbal updates. You say "create a ticket to contact us" about problems and billing issues, but whenever I do, you just merge the tickets together and do not reply with an answer or update. As per my ticket #634655, the last reply I received from you was several months ago and it reads:

Soheil G."

Why do you say this when, in fact, the ticket IS being ignored? I'm not sure what your definition of 'ignored' is, but to me it means not responding to it or providing any updates for an extended period of time. I also note that you said "I'll share some additional details with you later". Unsurprisingly, these details have not been forthcoming. It's also evident to me that you have not "given up" as you are selling new deals for the New Year.

Looks like you kept making tickets about it and it got merged. If ticket is merged it goes in another queue where we decide if it gets closed for spamming or read through and re-flagged or split off. For data recovery tickets it's getting time consuming and we try to go from oldest to newest. Yours is always newest because it keeps getting replies/merged.

As ticket gets longer, higher chance of it taking longer since we have to read through all replies. If you want to count the post here (as in if you want me to read it, I haven't actually ready it fully) then it'll take even longer if you added any information or want a clarification or response to all of that.

I will say though I glanced at it and I see a quote saying you'll be credited accordingly for the lost time. You'll = you will. Will = in the future when it's handled. We don't "pause" billing, that's not a feature. Setting it to $0 can cause problems, there's probably a hundred people right now that haven't been paying for their service as a result of us forgetting to switch it back and if we ever approach them to actually bill them they'll always get upset, it never goes well. If we credit you now, we won't know how much we did it in the past unless we keep excessive notes on it and we'll have to keep updating it.

If you're mistaking our attempt at accommodating you as endless delays, we can default to this: you can load in your own backup, if it's important surely you kept a backup. We're not even the one who re-installed the OS, we gave a suggestion based on the state the VPS was in. I feel bad since you re-installed it and didn't have backups, perhaps I could have communicated better but at the time we were answering like ten thousand tickets a month. In any case we're not responsible for data/backing stuff up for you. But that doesn't mean we're not going to do everything we can to try to locate and restore the backup but it's not as simple as you think. We had to rush to take backups, and a lot corrupted. We have several copies, they're spread around. If it's taking this long it's because we've ran into roadblocks and we're still constantly working on this and speak about it internally all the time, and we still have and pay for several servers that we've maintained, thousands of dollars in bills just because we have maybe a dozen of these requests and we're not going to get rid of those until we try our best to locate and restore all of them.

That does not mean it will be fast or guaranteed. If that bothers you, there's only one other option: we tell you we don't have it and provide a prompt reply. We don't want to do that but if you want that, that's always been the default state. You have a service, it's functional. You don't have the data because a re-install occurred. We still offered to extend the service, look for backup and restore it free of charge. Backup has not been located. Backup that did get located ran into filesystem errors and disappeared for a lot of these that are still left over. We're not just sitting here twiddling our thumbs and making you wait for no reason.

edited January 2023

@miu said: This is what i had on the mind (not $8/y vpsers): There were several customers who prepaid dedicated servers yearly, then their servers were in august GONE (virmach announced & marked it as "migration"), and he ignoring these ppl and played dead bug whole following months (probably till now they are not resolved and refunded?). IMO surely this is not the way a serious, honest and trustworthy provider operates. But no problem his believers, defend him and love him for this kind of behavior (of course, i understand, bcs you were not affected and not spat in the face, that other were - no matters, all is fine..)

Completely untrue. We sent out emails explaining the process almost immediately, everyone who followed instructions got it. Everyone who didn't mostly got it, there's like 6 dedicated servers left right now to handle out of 300 or more, and most if not all are new orders or leftover ones where there was miscommunication.

We also refunded every single person who preferred just a refund for remaining term, gave extra month(s) free.

Also just because that guy said dedicated IP and August it doesn't mean dedicated servers which also coincidentally happened in August.

• Where's my Ryzen yo?

Okay we got really lucky today, servers decided to cooperate. Or maybe my brain's working better today but either way, everything outside of the two nodes that have been dead for a very long time, everything's back up in a functional state. We still need to go through them thoroughly one by one and diagnose the list of problems and exact causes to prevent them from all crashing like that again. I do believe it was closely related to the number of VMs being generated for the flash sale and the accompanying simultaneous benchmarking that may have had a big part in these nodes crashing. That does mean there's an underlying problem but it also means they should be relatively stable in any case now and we have a comprehensive list of servers to look into now. Good news is we're back on track.

Other good news: tickets in backlog have been slashed in half.

I think that should be a huge indication that posting a simple sale had zero negative effect on our ability to get things done. I've maybe had to spend 10 minutes total approving some manual reviews for it and if anything the sale actually helped point out some disk issues sooner since all the priority tickets related to the sale were VMs not creating properly which made us immediately look into those nodes, whereas our alert system would have fired off a few hours later.

Pending flash deals are still being worked on by developer, he ran into some problems. To be very clear the code just decided to fully break, including creations, without any modifications so it's not exactly an easy to locate bug but hopefully we should have those completed soon as well.

• @VirMach said: and the accompanying simultaneous benchmarking

YABS fault.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint Mason